FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome back :)
I've thought about the possibility of kids doing something to her. The place I run into a wall is, the kids would have to walk around with Somer's body or her body rolled in a carpet. That would draw attention I think.
At this point nothing is off the table for me so it very well could have happened.

You should join this cool group I belong to... I start each night with "Hello, my name is Cheewawa007 and I'm a changaholic".:bananapowerslide:

My goodness it's mighty empty in here tonight. I'm afraid to ask what happened

**stare face**

I think it's a combination of no new info, frustration, and the swift talking to that the last thread (#14) received.

Hey Cheewawa! I am popping in and out to check on the status... it seems that we have hit the dreaded LULL...

I wish that LE would have continued doing daily briefings like they did in the Sandra Cantu case. While he couldn't say anything hardly at all it DID keep intense focus on the case...

Hey you!! Long time no see... I totally agree; a biweekly briefing at this point would be much appreciated!

I think it's a combination of no new info, frustration, and the swift talking to that the last thread (#14) received.

Oh my... looks like I'm going to have to go check out thread 14! Boy - tuma wasn't kidding when she was talking about the moon & the "issues" about to happen, was she???

Aha!! This fits in with something that has bugged me. Why does the mother remember every little detail about what Somer wore that day, down to the ribbon in her hair and she can't even report what backpack she had (please don't slam me here, we've had conflicting backpack reports, but the mom went into great detail when describing Somer's clothes, and a neighbor took her to school, so I am thinking mom wasn't even home when Somer left)

Maybe LE asked her to make sure she described what Somer was wearing emphasizing the red ribbon, so it's out there. they didn't instruct on the backpack, so it wasn't mentioned.

I've wrestled every way around this, I keep thinking I have no idea what color headband my daughter wore to school today, and I ate breakfast with her and took her to school, but I do know what back pack she had. So why did mom remember the stinkin' red ribbon and MOST importantly why was it stressed.
I am thinking you are correct. There will be no red ribbon with Somer. Thank you for mentioning this, now I can stop thinking about it and move on to something else. :)

FWIW my 6 year old wears a bow in her hair to school everyday. She also wears it on the soccer field! God forbid I would ever have to describe my daughter (in a situation like this), but that would be one of the first things out of my mouth:). It's like her trademark--"bow girl" lol. I also know her backpack--she only has one:) I do understand the curiosity though. BBM

Been away for a few days, waiting for this moon phase to pass... being away cleared my thought process to look outside of the box. What if, just what if it was another child? What if there was an ongoing feud between Somer & a classmate at school. This classmate happens to have older siblings who were going to scare Somer, or "rough her up" but it turned deadly by mistake? Just like the Maddie Clifton case that happened here in Jacksonville... could the older kids have been hiding behind the propane tanks & said something to Somer like "we're going to get you"; followed her (cutting through the patch of woods unseen by the rest of the kids). They wouldn't have a vehicle & had to think fast. What quicker way to get rid of something than to throw it in a dumpster? Probably used the carpet in the dumpster @ the burned house to roll her up in. That apartment complex with the dumpster isn't that far from the burned house.

I don't think so as LE is asking for a car involved which implies to me that her body was found with garbage from another location. Plus, how would the kids get her away from the house without being noticed?

I am getting the indication that LE doesn't think it's a sex crime, but how would I know?

I was just reading this article from early on in the case:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21342995/detail.html

and i started reading the comments below the article and noticed this:

" 2 weeks ago I believe they are not wanting anybody in the community looking for her as the dogs could lose a scent. I live not too far from there but everybody needs to check their garbage cans and leaf bags to be recycled, you never know, this is not the kind of world that is safe for kids to play in anymore. crying for that baby"

Interesting that this was early in the search, the dogs were out, and this person is saying to check garbage cans and leaf bags. Wow.

I don't think so as LE is asking for a car involved which implies to me that her body was found with garbage from another location. Plus, how would the kids get her away from the house without being noticed?

I am getting the indication that LE doesn't think it's a sex crime, but how would I know?

I get the same impression with what is being said, and what isn't being said. Actually I don't know anymore I've probably had at least 10 theories in this case. :banghead:

I also want to mention that after reading the article and comments I referenced above it appears Somer's neighborhood was Saturated with people that night. Many folks said they'd been questioned as early as 6pm. For some reason I thought maybe the inital search was more low key and by the next day it gained momentum. But no, the neighborhood was saturated. this makes it even harder for me to believe that all this happened in this neighborhood (or the house on Gano) with a considerably small window of time. Maybe the perp took her out of the immediate neighborhood???

My goodness it's mighty empty in here tonight. I'm afraid to ask what happened

**stare face**
I was just reading through posts trying to catch up and see if anything is new. It's really sad that it seems LE doesn't have any leads or POI. :cry: MOO

I also want to mention that after reading the article and comments I referenced above it appears Somer's neighborhood was Saturated with people that night. Many folks said they'd been questioned as early as 6pm. For some reason I thought maybe the inital search was more low key and by the next day it gained momentum. But no, the neighborhood was saturated. this makes it even harder for me to believe that all this happened in this neighborhood (or the house on Gano) with a considerably small window of time. Maybe the perp took her out of the immediate neighborhood???
I recall a map that was posted here showing tract/lot #s of the properties, and I noticed there were many houses in the area behind the burned house on Gano, including a wooded area with a pond. Was all of that area searched the evening/night of 10/19 also? Just wondering if Somer was behind the Gano house, maybe in the backyard, wandered down into the other neighborhood or maybe the perp took her back there? MOO

Regarding speculations of this possibly being something done by another child or very young person. I don't see it. Kids generally can't keep secrets very well. And the window of opportunity just doesn't seem big enough for anyone but an experienced individual with some preplanning...jmo

The soot being on Somer's body doesn't fit very well with a well planned abduction though. I don't see how she had time to get in that house, get soot on her body, and then get abducted. A killer might not know whether or not someone could come to the house at any time either to work, check on other's work, or even someone searching for Somer. It could be an older kid or possibly an experienced killer who'd been trolling the area on foot.

There is more than one post (one after the other) by that person encouraging people to check their garbage.

Somer was found 2 weeks ago today, IIRC.

It's such a mystery. Why Somer, why that day? She just wandered into a situation where there was a pervert waiting? Or did she see something she wasn't supposed to see? Like what? I can't believe with all of the info and the info they must have because of finding her so quickly , that there isn't info that they are picking up.

I wasn't involved in the Caylee Anthony site here, but I heard about it in the paper where I live. Now anybody knows that a child of that age that is gone for almost 30 days and the parent and the grandparents don't think anything is amiss means something is really really wrong with that scene! How blatant can it be?

So with this case that seems so random , one wonders if it will be solved. It makes me SICK!!! And I am screaming here.

It's such a mystery. Why Somer, why that day? She just wandered into a situation where there was a pervert waiting? Or did she see something she wasn't supposed to see? Like what? I can't believe with all of the info and the info they must have because of finding her so quickly , that there isn't info that they are picking up.

I wasn't involved in the Caylee Anthony site here, but I heard about it in the paper where I live. Now anybody knows that a child of that age that is gone for almost 30 days and the parent and the grandparents don't think anything is amiss means something is really really wrong with that scene! How blatant can it be?

So with this case that seems so random , one wonders if it will be solved. It makes me SICK!!! And I am screaming here.

It just seems to get sadder :(

http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-True-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d4-Somer-Thompson

[snipped] Hiding in plain sight, Somer Thompson's killer may be walking among ordinary people. This "unknown suspect," or, in forensics-speak, the "unsub," is evil masked as neighbor, "friend," or co-worker. He is a secret, he is a known--driving around town, getting the mail and wolfing down fast food meals, eating away at the sense of safety and well-being people work to secure.

The killer is good at hiding his intentions and activities. The difference between the murderer and us may be an invisible one, because there is no picture for evil. No hairstyle, garment, or walk can identify him on the outside, with the exception of some odd scratches, and unusual behavior around the time of Somer's murder--anywhere from October 19-21, when her body was recovered from a Georgia landfill, 55 miles from Orange Park, Florida.

I remember LE saying that the killer might insert himself into this case and wondered whether they have had to investigate all the neighbors who have stepped forward to help Diena out. I'm sure these people are doing it because they are kind, but if it is someone who knew Somer, who knew Diena, it might be someone in the neighborhood ...

Aha!! This fits in with something that has bugged me. Why does the mother remember every little detail about what Somer wore that day, down to the ribbon in her hair and she can't even report what backpack she had (please don't slam me here, we've had conflicting backpack reports, but the mom went into great detail when describing Somer's clothes, and a neighbor took her to school, so I am thinking mom wasn't even home when Somer left)

Maybe LE asked her to make sure she described what Somer was wearing emphasizing the red ribbon, so it's out there. they didn't instruct on the backpack, so it wasn't mentioned.

I've wrestled every way around this, I keep thinking I have no idea what color headband my daughter wore to school today, and I ate breakfast with her and took her to school, but I do know what back pack she had. So why did mom remember the stinkin' red ribbon and MOST importantly why was it stressed.

I am thinking you are correct. There will be no red ribbon with Somer. Thank you for mentioning this, now I can stop thinking about it and move on to something else. :)

Just a question-did you put or help your daughter put her headband in her hair?
IMO you are more likely to recall small details like that if you did it yourself-Somer's mom specifically said she put Somer's hair up and put the bow in that morning. I can see not knowing what backpack she had if she has more than one and DT did not accompany her to school or see her leave.
Don't mean to make you think about this more-lol-just something I thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann