FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay for a while I've been thinking that maybe the kids had a shortcut home, but maybe they weren't allowed to take the shortcut for a variety of reasons.
And maybe it isn't even a shortcut but rather a more interesting route to take home.
Maybe they didn't always take the same route everyday.
This could be a reason the kids lost track of Somer so quickly. Maybe she went the other route, or they went the other route. They wouldn't reveal this because they could get in trouble.
Because to me this is the only thing that allows me to make sense of the fact that they lost sight of her so quickly, or that she could frequently come home later then her sister and brother and they not know why.

What would it mean, I don't know, but I think this may have been the case that day.

I kind of think there wasn't a whole lot of restrictions on where they could walk. Or if there were, they didn't stick to them very closely, jmo. I just get the impression that they wandered along on the way home, stopping if they saw someone they knew, or crossing the street if they felt like it, etc. On that day, ST supposedly stopped to talk to a friend didn't he, and AT and Somer walked ahead. Then Somer got upset and ran ahead? I think I have that right. So if ST could stop and talk with a friend there just doesn't seem to be a real cohesion to the group...and obviously not, knowing that Somer wandered off from time to time. Such a shame :(

Another thing that bugs me is why did DT pick up her 13 yr. old son from OPAA, and she allowed her 7 and 10 year olds to walk home from a farther distance.

And iirc, she left work early so it's not like he was doing something that finished at that time and she had planned to pick him up b/c she wouldn't normally be off that early.

And why would DT flag down a police officer before she went home. I am thinking I would want to go home check all the child's hiding places, call all the friends, then panic. Of course I would want to do these things a lot sooner than an hour and 20 minutes past the time my child got home.
If Somer had a habit of coming home later, why the police before she did these other things.

If I am rehashing these are the things I think of first besides the obvious of why SP there on that day.

IMO I could see two reasons for picking up the 13 yr old 1st. 1. Because he's the oldest and knows where kids go and get him to help look for her right away. or 2. Maybe he had been getting into it with the younger kids at home and she thought he might have skipped out of school to aggravate them on the way home, and she wanted to make sure she eliminated that as a possibility before going into full panic mode.

As far as flagging down LE. If SP and daughter had already looked at the house for Somer then it would make sense for her to flag down cop to tell him to look for her. She may not have thought it would escalate to an actual MPR at that point, but just to drive around the area and look for her.

I have found someone who was at all the vigils from the first day somer was missing... she has been in the house and I would like her opinions. She is not connected as a friend of anyone..she has agreed to meet me for lunch when I get back to jax... hopefully wednesday. Also, I can easily walk somers trek from school and observe traffic at that time.. I can also video any areas u want to see.. tell me what I can do to help. I dont think this would be dangerous or illegal in any way, is it? I will do whatever sleuthing you need from a local as soon as I am local again... btw,, i cant wait to get home.. I see alot of posting while I have been busy...u guys do good work...

I am not sure SP and AT(10 yr old) looked for Somer at the house. SP asks where is she, other kids say dunno, SP sends AT out twice to look for Somer. No one mentions looking around the house, or the outside of the house. SP is never mentioned as looking anywhere at any time.
Then again many things were not mentioned so . . .

I also wonder if SP asked about Somer's whereabouts right away. If he wasn't right there to see them come in, it may have taken him a while to figure out Somer wasn't there.

Does anyone know when DT moved back to FL? TIA

I thought someone said when the twins were 3 but that is strictly from my memory, which often fails me.

Well Good Night, I have pulled another all dayer on this board, do I have a life LOL.:waitasec:

I hadn't been on ws for several days at the time this poor little girl went missing. I watched a couple interviews and was bothered by them. I firmly believe,anyone that has followed the CA case has had their "EYES" opened,by all that we have read,with all the info about mannerisms, and the art of deception talked about on NG JVM JR LK (but not OPRAH) shows.
Anyway, I was watching and thought I'd check to see what was going on, on WS I clicked on the link and my feelings were validated when the first Lines started off by saying "NO More bashing or this thread will be closed...." not quoting exact but you know what I mean....I have had bad feelings since then...I don't want to believe it possible, that she could think she is that" accomplished "to be involved and yet go through all this..
I feel like someone has wrote some script that seems to be published somewhere and it gives instructions and tips on what to say,I was "sleeping or working," when it happened. Blankets involved...
I don't want to seem mean but the pictures of this child do not look like the pictures of the case in NC look at them and God in heaven only knows what was and has happened to her, by her closed relative..."I would like to see the other children's pictures. I would like to see her diary,her drawings,her classmates, her other relatives interviews. I believe we would get a better idea of what happened.
I pray for this mother, I pray she is not involved. I find it disturbing, you all find it disturbing to believe a "Mother could harm her child" but if we find it this disturbing, I can only think how our kids feel, to build into their lives the knowledge" that all mother's don't always protect their children,to make them aware that not all MOTHERS can be trusted to care and shield their children... It is sad...

This case has deeply bothered me from the first second I heard about it.

I am hesitant to post any info, but as a former neighbor of the Thompsons, I am compelled to help in finding the true killer of Somer.

First thing to confirm, Diena is the mother is 5 children...there are 3 different dads...Sam Thompson is the father of Abby, Samuel and Somer. Andrew is the oldest, and the 2nd child (M.) does live with her father. I was disappointed to learn that Diena deliberately left out Sam and M. from the obit, yet not surprised at all. Regarding Sam's exclusion, I am sure it was completely out of hatred and spite, but there was no excuse to leave out M.

I am open for questions, but please be considerate.

I am hesitant to post any info, but as a former neighbor of the Thompsons, I am compelled to help in finding the true killer of Somer.

First thing to confirm, Diena is the mother is 5 children...there are 3 different dads...Sam Thompson is the father of Abby, Samuel and Somer. Andrew is the oldest, and the 2nd child (M.) does live with her father. I was disappointed to learn that Diena deliberately left out Sam and M. from the obit, yet not surprised at all. Regarding Sam's exclusion, I am sure it was completely out of hatred and spite, but there was no excuse to leave out M.

I would like to know if D is as strong willed as she makes herself out to be. I see her on TV as a spit fire, and someone who doesn't mind giving her opinion on anything..
Thanks

She is a very strong lady, and even though her behavior is unusual to most people watching the videos, it is kind of typical of her. In the early days when Somer was still missing I know that Diena was a mess, and you can hear it in her voice...that was and is genuine. And in the most recent videos her demeanor is also very real.....she is pissed off....and actually she is holding back a lot.

I know she doesn't seem like the mom of the year, but no one is perfect....she was always the type of mom though that you didn't want to mess with ( as we can all be really protective when it comes to our kids....you know like "say anything to me, but DON'T mess with my kids")

If I can recall correctly, she also served in the military prior to becoming a military wife, and as a lot of people can testify to, that is no easy life. We cope through the deployments, and the hardships, and come out of it stronger individuals....with Diena what you see is what you get. She always had a great sense of humor through all of her trials and tribulations...I am amazed at her strength through all of this.

sadnpod - please find out anything you can about SP and his whereabouts after the fact. Like was he at the vigils and acting appropriately?

Find out about PC's demeanor.

This is prolly my own pet thing - but could you find out about RO - the neighbor down the rd. who manned the "command center" across the street from the home. He sat and took donations I believe. Was he very (too) involved after the fact? Check out his place a bit too if you can. (Heck for all I know - he is the one you'll be meeting - LOL.)

I'll think of more.

Thanks so much.

What I'd like to know about is WLK.
If I rehash, he is there.
He had the perfect storm brewing in his life, he was familiar with the neighborhood, has a brother too close to the school for comfort. There he is.

Why is he still in jail?
Can anyone tell me the procedure once someone is arrested for failing to notify an address change as an RSO.
This is bugging me and I can't find the info.
It seems if he is in jail he is either 1-awaiting a trial date, or 2-serving a sentence, or 3-being held for some other jurisdiction to pick him up (don't think it's the last one, just going over all possible reasons to be held in jail)

So why is he in jail? Awaiting a trial date, or serving a sentence?
Can anyone, anyone tell me the procedure after the arrest for this crime?
Does FL have a ruling that all jail cases must be heard within 30 days of confinement unless a speedy trial has been waived?
TIA to anyone who can help with these answers.

Did you know Somer?

What was she like?

Did she or her siblings roam the neighborhood often?

Thanks - I'll think of more questions I'm sure.

Welcome 4mer.naybor!

It makes me sad that DT would leave any of Somer's family out of Somer's obit. This is about Somer, not DT.

May I ask if you were a NC neighbor or a FL neighbor? If you'd rather not answer, that's okay.

I'm right there with you and I'm about to say some very unpopular things. I think that Somer is getting more attention from her mother in death than she ever received in life. I think the mother is getting far more than her 15 minutes of fame, and that it's being used to glorify her, and not her child.

The low-cut femme fatale type dress at the funeral - with your chest hanging out after you are aware your daughter probably died in a sexual homicide? Callous and inappropriate beyond words. All I could think of was, maybe her bf thought it looked sexy.

She doesn't tell us about the older daughter because she doesn't want to have to answer media ?'s about why she no longer has that child. A lot of her babbling seems to be self serving and cya. And she frequently contradicts herself. "Somer knew full well to avoid stranger danger," but then, "Somer never met a stranger." She says what she thinks will sound good at the time - what will make her sound like a better mother. But the emotional affect is not there, and it hasn't been since the beginning of this case. I don't think it hides her involvement as much as her very shallow interest in her children. They are more pawns in her life than anything else, it seems to me. What mother has an immature live-in around her children - a guy who lists *advertiser censored* and being a trashy trucker on his webpage. How is THAT putting your children first. I don't think its appropriate for parents to be proponents of an illegal drug - what does THAT teach your child.

I don't think she killed her daughter, nor do I think her bf (either of her bf's) did. I do think she bears responsibility for the negligent supervision that allowed a perp access to her child. If her child had been with an adult, this would not have happened. The police search could have been begun later because they had illegal substances to get rid of in the home.

If you cannot adequately care for your children and give them an appropriate home life then please, give them to someone who can or don't have them in the first place. Children deserve so much better. I was a single parent with far less financial support and I moved heaven and earth in order to keep my child well supervised.

I frankly cannot even watch any more of her self serving videos. She needs to get off the air and go home and attempt to learn how to appropriately care for the children she has left. She's already lost two of them. And by the way, how bad does a mother have to be to lose custody of her oldest child? Usually, mothers win.

I agree with you on every point except her boyfriend didn't kill Somer. I'm convinced he did. I don't believe the time line. I think PC was either home and abducted her there or on the way home. Either that or SP did it. One or the other. Take your pick.

She is a very strong lady, and even though her behavior is unusual to most people watching the videos, it is kind of typical of her. In the early days when Somer was still missing I know that Diena was a mess, and you can hear it in her voice...that was and is genuine. And in the most recent videos her demeanor is also very real.....she is pissed off....and actually she is holding back a lot.

I know she doesn't seem like the mom of the year, but no one is perfect....she was always the type of mom though that you didn't want to mess with ( as we can all be really protective when it comes to our kids....you know like "say anything to me, but DON'T mess with my kids")

If I can recall correctly, she also served in the military prior to becoming a military wife, and as a lot of people can testify to, that is no easy life. We cope through the deployments, and the hardships, and come out of it stronger individuals....with Diena what you see is what you get. She always had a great sense of humor through all of her trials and tribulations...I am amazed at her strength through all of this.

Sorry if I'm a bit confused.

You said that you're sure she left ST out of obit out of hate and spite - yet you seem to speak nicely about her in this post.

Do you know if there is a reason for the hate and spite towards ST?

TIA.

Thank you to noway and cathdawg for answering my question about how much time had elapsed before LE was brought in to help fing Somer.

Waiting 2 hours to notifty LE when a SEVEN year old GIRL is missing seems negligent. imo We now live in a world where children dissappear at an alarming rate. And yes, I've read that Somer had a history of running off. So, why put a TEN year old child in charge of a sibling that was hard to manage????????? :/ jmo Poor Somer.

Sorry if I'm a bit confused.

You said that you're sure she left ST out of obit out of hate and spite - yet you seem to speak nicely about her in this post.

Do you know if there is a reason for the hate and spite towards ST?

TIA.

This is my question also. Was he current on child support? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members