FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I find odd is that the name of the ME who performed the autopsy has never been released. In my memory, from the few crimes that I have followed over the years, the name of the ME is discussed in the media in high profile murder cases. But we still don't know the name of the ME who performed Somer's autopsy.

I think your on to something sorrell..

I am gonna call it a night.. it getting late
Good night all

I spent a good deal of time several weeks back trying to find an article or a video that named the specific ME who performed the autopsy. I came up with nothing. For some reason, that information has been withheld.

Why is it such a secret?

When I think about the other high profile murder cases I have read about & high profile deaths (Anna Nicole Smith comes to mind at the moment) the media always discovered the name of the ME.

As Alice would say "This is getting curiouser and curiouser..."

snipped
"Hey, I`m going to go and follow the truck to their pickups.

It does, doesn't it? And there I was believing she had been found there.

Maybe not. I think he may be talking about the Rosemary Hill landfill in Florida, where the garbage is taken then loaded on different trucks which take it to Georgia. He could be talking about following those trucks from Rosemary Hill to the Georgia landfill and having them dump their garbage away from the main pile so it could be sifted through individually.

I still think she was found in the Georgia landfill after LE isolated the different trucks coming from Rosemary hill and sifted through their garbage. That fits with the different reports of trucks being followed.

I found this today, not sure it is who we are looking for tho.....
Dr. Sperry assumed the position of Associate Medical Examiner and later the position of Deputy Chief Medical Examiner for the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office in Atlanta, Georgia from 1989 to 1997. He was appointed Chief Medical Examiner for the State of Georgia, Georgia Bureau of Investigation Division of Forensic Science on June 13, 1997 and currently serves in that position/capacity. Dr. Sperry is a nationally recognized expert in the fields of forensic pathology and childhood injury, and has lectured extensively concerning the evaluation of childhood injury and abuse.

You raise an interesting and most observative point! I really didn't go down a specific avenue on how the crime could be corralated in relation to sibling incest. I did allude to a possibility that the elder sibling alone or some posse of his could have done something to harm Somer. The COD would be helpful for me to make a more thoughtful hypothesis. Along with several other facts that have gaping holes in them...

A few things that come to mind.

1) Mom didn't see Somers body - does mom know the actual and real COD? At this point it hasn't been determined by us/the public if Somer was sexually assaulted. How in the loop is mom on info provided by LE and why has LE basically shut-up on this case if an apparent child killer is on the loose - she has hired an attorney as a liason - not sure why you would need that when she could just as easy walk in and demand answers! Why let facts get lost in translation? I wonder if DT has been formally interviewed by le?
2) Possible Somer was threatened and accidentally or intentionally harmed by a sibling after school - sibling scared and dumps in trash? Body could have become mutilated in trash. Older sibling - not a small kid - could be size of 17. Or it is possible she was sexually assaulted in the same instance. I think anything is possible at this point.
3) Older Sib could have been ditching school early - would LOVE to know if he was accounted for at that very moment in time. If unaccounted for then I am sure LE looking hard. So many variables that are out there. Who knows what kind of affilations he had - - did sibling confess to mom what happend? She protects son as it was an accident? Or not.
4) after doing more research online this evening I believe more and more that mom is not being forthcoming about something. There is deception in her in some way shape or form. Whether she knows who killed her daughter or not. Something in MO is NOT RIGHT in that home. I can't name any sites - oops I broke TOS earlier - SORRY! But it reinforced what I was already picking up on about her body language and such. After checking out Somer's memorial site as well there was stuff that did not add up that was posted by her family members - just not jiving with me - The best way to describe it is unnatural - even in moments of grief things should come natural if your grief is real - call them brain farts if you may.
5) If you read that link I posted about Sibling incest - they give several different scenarios about possible situations. I think anything is possible to be honest. With such little facts released to the public it is impossible to speculate down one avenue alone. It could go way beyond that or it could be nothing. I think because the possibilities are so broad that I could write out other theories all night how the crime could have played out and why - SO MANY possibilities as these poor kids had such unstable lives -- so sad! Go back and read on that site and it talks about all kinds of possibilities --

All just my opinion and theory.

One possible scenario I can imagine would be if this was happening (incest) and the person doing it thought or knew that Somer was going to tell. He would panic, or get furious, and commit this crime. Other posters have alluded to this and have worked out how it could have been done. LE has not cleared anyone.

Things to think about would be the proximity of underage perp to Somer that day, why mom went to the park first and got him, etc., before going to police....? Just my thoughts.

Since I don't remember reading or hearing about Diena's coworkers and what they allegedly said, I figured it had to be somewhere I haven't been in this case, which would be NG, Issues with JVM and the comments under articles (which I read sporadically ... usually if someone here points me in that direction).

But it is entirely possible I spaced right through that in a video I did watch ...

Try Jax4 news or some of the other local news sites. There are so many articles on all of them it makes one's head spin. There are also remarks by people either pro-dt or anti-dt and some of them know the family or know co-workers, etc., which would put it all down to rumor anyway.

Posters: What I do recall in reading this is that the co-workers did not say anything about DT.....they just were asked about when she left and stated it was in a hurry and they did not have a clue that anything was wrong.

My apologies for this: I read this way before I joined here. I had never posted links. I will try to post links on everything within the amount of time I have to do so (job)...thanks for your patience and understanding.

There is a comment to that effect on NG's facebook page about DT. Not sure if it originated there or elsewhere. I seem to recall someone making that assertion in an earlier thread in this forum, but can't locate it.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?u...tart=30&hash=c33b1efa565d5fe193ffb6dc0e36f07b

Post 31, I believe

THat was probably me, making many assertions, and I am the only one here who I know has spoken about the co-workers, and I USED to go on NG sites because I did not know about this site. I only read and post here now, simply because the people here are concerned primarily with this case and I know this is where people are going to really focus on research. Some posters on NG and other sites work hard on research, but they are in the minority. They have some good theories, too.

I simply don't have time to go round everywhere on the web any more, so I come here. People here make mistakes or get Teed off at one another, but it all comes back to the TOS and trying to stick to facts or try to remain open minded. All I and we can do is try.

Great! Well, the way I remember it is I read posts back and forth about what the coworkers had said on the comment section of n4j. So I wrote a comment asking did they know this person (co-worker being referred to as Chatty Cathy), and learned that from a conversation first hand? They responded back with a link. I went there and read this article about what the co-workers said to an interviewer. It was a brief article about their shock and sadness and their equally vague comments about when she left, but I don't remember it saying a time like so and so pm last saw her.
It may be because they had been interviewed of course and asked not to give any specifics but it was interesting nonetheless. But, mostly I wanted to refer back to it since many times but can't find it for anything and now it is almost two months ago and gets more ephemeral in my memory everyday!

Thanks - from your description of the link, it sounds EXACTLY like the one I had read. Especially the part about shock and sadness and 'VAGUE" comments about when she left... thanks again.

One possible scenario I can imagine would be if this was happening (incest) and the person doing it thought or knew that Somer was going to tell. He would panic, or get furious, and commit this crime. Other posters have alluded to this and have worked out how it could have been done. LE has not cleared anyone.

Things to think about would be the proximity of underage perp to Somer that day, why mom went to the park first and got him, etc., before going to police....? Just my thoughts.

Well you are much better at an explanation of the emotions! :) Yes, I agree if the crime was carried out - due to Somer was going to tell or was going to tell - or mom already found out and wanted SP to talk to her???! OR a possible threat to her not to tell turned into a accidental death. Taking her and slamming her down could have caused a head injury?

Agreed, Mom went to the park to look for sib there is a ton of other things that brought me to this conclusion --I need to sit down and write them all out and find video clips- we also know there was some evidence taken from the park. Something is not right here. Whether this hunch is right or wrong -

I wanted to write about this last night about reading a comment elsewhere - how the person mentioned they think it is a bad PRANK gone wrong - this is a smokescreen, mom and kids know what happened to Somer - In my mind the word PRANK stands out at me --- is it possible it was a prank? Possibly by older siblings? Was someone trying to pay her a lesson for running off? Or bad behavior? Just another avenue to explore.

Seems fitting to post this message again and maybe again!

a Christmas wish for Mom Diena and her little ones.

My heart goes out to mom Diena and her nest of little ones in every way possible. One less Christmas stocking hung, one less excited and wide eyed 7yo to anticipate the yearly Santa visit...one less bundle of excited energy! so sorry!

I wish you and your beautiful children the very best Christmas possible. There is no doubt in my mind that a Christmas without little Somer who, in the past, filled the holiday air with her vibrant and loving personality, will be difficult at best. May the holiday cheer from those who love and cherish your beautiful family, surround you with strength and fill your home with warmth. And may the twin, who has lost his other half, find joy and excitement for both he and Somer.

My New Years Wish is that the predator who killed little Somer be found and convicted, and sentenced to the max. With justice, perhaps all involved can find peace in their hearts and some sense of normalcy.

Heartfelt good wishes to Dad T. and the entire extended family. I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be to lose a daughter, grand-daughter, cousin, or friend.

PS - Little Somer - the beautiful picture of you portrayed by those who love and know you is far more accurate than those who dissect you as being angry, fearful, without purpose, and without boundaries. Your love shines through! the perp will be found!

Thanks - from your description of the link, it sounds EXACTLY like the one I had read. Especially the part about shock and sadness and 'VAGUE" comments about when she left... thanks again.

Hallelujah! I thought on this and what I recall was the concensus that "they could not CONFIRM knowing what time she left work that day" I think the dentist's quote was up near the top, like a by-line kind of thing, right? And Co-worker's Express Sympathy ( I won't quote that because I am drawing from a hazy, hazy memory of it) might have been the title or something to that effect. I was pretty sure I hadn't dreamed it because I have bumped into others posting in reference to it once or twice before too, on N4J. I presumed they either saw it on their own or had read our exchange and clicked on the same response link I did.

We have all watched countless videos of the media covering every aspect of this case.

How odd that none of us recalls having watched a single video of media present at the landfill.

I remember a still shot taken with a telephoto lens or camera zoom of the one lone ambulance on the scene. That was what put a thought cloud over my head with question marks on it. Cause you KNOW they would have had those big rolling labs that were parked at the OPAA down there for sure!!
But, that's all I'll say because I remember what happened last time I went down that road. I dont' want to get any rotton tomatoes thrown as I have to go to work shortly!! ;)

Trucks taking trash from Rosemary Hill to Chesser would not have pickups (see red in quote below).

That's why I thought it made it sound like they were following the neighborhood trucks as they picked up trash at each house/business.

ETA: But this is 1 of 3 reports that I've seen on how someone thought of searching the garbage. I don't know which one is the truth.

Maybe not. I think he may be talking about the Rosemary Hill landfill in Florida, where the garbage is taken then loaded on different trucks which take it to Georgia. He could be talking about following those trucks from Rosemary Hill to the Georgia landfill and having them dump their garbage away from the main pile so it could be sifted through individually.

I still think she was found in the Georgia landfill after LE isolated the different trucks coming from Rosemary hill and sifted through their garbage. That fits with the different reports of trucks being followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4595856#post4595856"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
snipped
"Hey, I`m going to go and follow the truck to their pickups.

I think perhaps if we knew what went on in the home over the w/e, we'd have a better idea as to who/what happened that day. I wonder if something occurred (maybe Sun) which would explain why DT felt this time Somer missing meant something was really up. Maybe temper and angry threats from someone seemed more serious this time. The SP part of the story has never added up, and I wonder if he was there b/c DT was nervous of something happening that day.
She didn't want to go to school that day, she gets in disagreement, fights, apparently runs off regularly. I take this to mean she was acting out most likely b/c of something very negative in her life. A cry for help, that she herself didn't understand.

Having said that although the area around Somer's house seems fine, down by GPE it's actually creepy to me but I think LE must know based on cod that it's not a SO. Duh... SO's can't live that close to a school....

Unrelated to anything talked about recently ... but here originally they had the superintendent's name wrong. Not sure who David O**** is. Did find someone here with that name. And of course, also the policeman who had trash idea).

From First Coast News (saw snipped on another board; story later revised to include Ben W. as superintendent.)

Edited here because although he is adult whose name appeared in mainstream media, it was apparently in error.

"Coming and going from school, usually there are larger groups of children that are walking together. [They should] keep their eyes open, stay away from cars, stay away from anybody you don't know," Clay County superintendent David O**** says.

O**** says his heart sunk when he learned Thompson disappeared leaving school. She's just 7 years old and in the first grade.

If you are a Mom and this was your child that did not come home from School where would you look first?

If you are 7 and did not want to be at home where is the one place you feel the most comfortable and spend the most time?

(1) I think I would start looking for her at the point AT, her sister, told me she last saw her - at the intersection of Solomon and Gano - going away from the school. This would have been BEFORE someone said they saw her at the Gano house. I'm assuming she asked AT where she last saw Somer, though, before she started searching for her. It has not been said that she did ask AT that, but I think I would have asked my daughter "well, where was your sister when you last saw her" so that I would have a starting point to search.

(2) If Iwere 7 and didn't want to come home, I might have gone to the Park or a playground somewhere where there were swings and slides and things to do. Going to a friends house probably wouldn't have occurred to me, because, if I had ran ahead of my friends/classmates, I would have known they were not home yet. Other than that, I have no idea, unless I thought of hiding in that bathroom at the park or the burned house till my siblings went by if I was upset with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member