UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this being the holiday weekend I don't think anything will happen as in an arrest,
I am afraid JP might go camping again to Canada with the busy traffic....squeeze through....he is a free man and can go anywhere he pleases. Scares me!!!

OT but are guys in Utah getting that storm? It is supposed to be in Kansas, where I am, tomorrow

Back On the topic,
DomCasual, I am very interested to learn how the religion works as well. If Mr. Peterson were helping with her counseling what would that mean? And also, what is the process of getting a temple reccommend? Do you have to go to church every weeK, etc? Would the counseling be part of it???

Is it possible that Mr. Peterson was "sponsoring" or "mentoring" Susan during her counseling? Is that a possibility?

TIA

Mr Peterson might be the Bishop of the local ward.

thank you sunflower! I think what you are explaining is very relevant to this case!!! Thank you!!!

Did you read this article? http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14058397 it mentions a time when Susan called to ask for a blessing when she was sick and Josh was a duche bag about it. Would she have called someone who held a priesthood to do this???? Would it have been a slap in Josh's face for them to ask him to Join in if he didn't have his own priesthood??? After learning more about him today I am SURE HE DID NOT HAVE IT!

:dance: Thanks Nursebeeme! That makes me feel better! I did read the article, and I think not only would it have been a slap in the face, but it also could have been the cause of an argument.

Susan would have likely been upset about the fact that she had to call someone else, because her own husband wasn't in a position to do it. Of couse, this is MOO and just speculation.

If Tim is a friend and not a professional counselor than by law he will be able to tell all!!!!

Also how much is a rental car at the airport?
How much does a gallon of gas cost in Utah area???

O/T you guys are fast today, I can't keep up!

Someone may have already answered. 2.45 to 3.25ish?

For the most part I have just been luking in here but would like to ask if anyone believes he may have been slowly poisioning her? Seems she was rather sickly at times..
I realize we all need blessings, but sometimes a person might just need to see a physician..JMO

Two days later, when Joshua Powell dropped by the Peterson home, he had "the worst wind burn" Peterson had ever seen on the back of his hands and he kept applying lotion to them as they talked in Peterson's front room.
"I wanted to say 'Man, this just isn't adding up,' but I didn't, I was loving and supportive," Peterson said.
Powell wouldn't answer questions about his missing wife, only saying he didn't know where she was and that he wasn't actively looking for her because the police were handling that, Peterson said.
"This guy was absolutely a crackpot and there was just something wrong with this whole situation,"

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14058397

as usual there is much more at the link... so the burn was on the backs of his hands. chewing on this......

WoW!

Another echo of Scott Peterson in this case! From the above link. Like Scott put a glove on the door of his truck so it wouldn't mark Laci's car or when LE was filling out a form on the dining room table and SP put something under the officers paper to protect the table.

"Josh is really possessive about his things," Peterson said. "He treated everything as his possessions, including his wife and kids. He was very controlling."

Here's why Peterson knew so much about the Powell's marriage. He and his wife had gone to counseling at one time.

"Peterson is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and attends the same ward as the Powells. He and Susan Powell became close late this summer, when she asked him questions about marriage counseling, which Peterson and his wife previously had gone through."

Whoa! Great article. The people in the church couldn't stand Josh!

JMHO
fran

For the most part I have just been luking in here but would like to ask if anyone believes he may have been slowly poisioning her? Seems she was rather sickly at times..
I realize we all need blessings, but sometimes a person might just need to see a physician..JMO

BBM. I wonder about that too.

karisamsydney: 12/23/2009 4:18:00 PM
+1​
"Wind-burned"? That's odd. Could it be that they were "Bleach-burned" from cleaning up evidence instead? Hmmmmmmm.......
http://www.tribtowns.com/comments/read_comments.asp?ref=14058397&sec=News#1310336

I've been stooooopid enough to scrub with bleach and no gloves. It wasn't the top part of my hands that got injurred, it was my finger-tips. One of the most painful things I've ever had in my life. Blisters formed and then broke and peeled away and the nerve ends of your finger are exposed.

Ok, I did it twice!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

:blushing:
fran

Another morsel from the above linked article.

What a creep! :mad:

JMHO
fran

Powell once yelled at the Petersons for taking off their shoes and socks in his home, saying he'd have to spend all night cleaning the floors from the germs on their bare feet.

You know, the first time I read the comment below, I wondered "hmmm - how much truth is there to this?"...after all this was soon after the story broke.

I don't wonder any more:

<comment snip>

4:46pm - Wed Dec 09th, 2009

I know this guy all too well. I used to be his neighbor and I think he's a lying cheating conniving little weasel......I'm just saying in general, this is what I think of his character

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=8965718&comments=true

There's also several interesting comments by "John H."

a caller said this was just like Tara's case in Michigan........
Looks like Lisa Stebics case and like the Laci Peterson case.

IMO, is there a GF???
There could be but most psychopaths are actually a-sexual and prefer *advertiser censored* and sex for hire. They don't care for entangled relationships. Scott P was an oddity. I think he just liked thinking he could get away with crap and the excitement of having another relationship.

That night when she went to bed early feeling bad.......I feel that was the last time Josh saw her alive and then covered her with the blanket. Then possibly he put the kids to bed to prepare for his little trip and woke the kids up at midnight to surprise them with a camping trip. Maybe Jovanna is a person of interest in the fact she might have helped him cover it up......or either as a witness to see Susan feeling sick before she went to bed. JMO

Just saw the video on Jane and Jovana says Josh sensed Susan was chilled and brought her a blanket.

more snips from the slt article I posted above:

<respectfully snipped>

In the middle of the blessing, the Powells' 4-year-old son, Charlie, climbed on Susan's lap and was pretending to give the blessing, too.
"All Josh could do was laugh at his son," Peterson said. "It was so heartbreaking to see he just didn't care about her needs."

Heartbreaking he didn't care about her needs & *very* *twisted* that he laughed at his little boy who obviously cared about his mom being sick & doing what he could to make her better. :mad:

Poor kids -- their 'dad' is so messed up!! :(

I haven't been following the case too closely until today when I actually had time to catch up on it, including watching JVM right now. I'm confused if Susan was sick at the time she supposedly went missing or was this blessing by the Elders of the church some other time previously? I can't imagine how JP would explain her going missing if she was sick in bed. :waitasec: I also agree with your suggestion about the poisoning if she was continually ill. MOO

<snip>

Susan Powell's best friend says recent reports could be damaging to investigation

Susan Powell's best friend talks exclusively with ABC4 tonight, saying the information from "anonymous leaks" to local publications may be hurting the police investigation.

Hellewell says there are a couple items she found especially shocking. Local reports stated Susan was &#8220;afraid Josh Powell might kidnap her two boys&#8230; divorce her or worse." Hellewell says Susan never told her that.

She also said she had never heard of any sort of will with "writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide," or stating "it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone."

more here

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ys-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

Another morsel from the above linked article.

What a creep! :mad:

JMHO
fran

Powell once yelled at the Petersons for taking off their shoes and socks in his home, saying he'd have to spend all night cleaning the floors from the germs on their bare feet.

From the look of JP's discolored teeth,:loser: I would think there would more lethal germs there,as he spews spittle raising those snarling lips

According to the profiler Pat Brown's interview, she said it's not unusual of a victim to confide in some or one person about the details of their marriage and not others. Perhaps Susan didn't speak of some of these things with this gal because she was trying to make things work and IF they did work out, she didn't want her friend to hold anything against Josh.

Susan may have been more open with the Peterson couple because they had actually gone to marriage counseling before.

Just a thought,
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members