CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cbs5.com/breakingnewsalerts/hasanni.campbell.search.2.1466008.html

*snipped

A search team was souring a Contra Costa County park Tuesday for clues to the disappearance of Hasanni Campbell, a 5-year old boy who was reported missing last August 10th.

Sherri-Lyn Miller, a San Leandro print shop owner who has led several searches for Hasanni, told CBS 5 a team was organizing headed to 10030 Marsh Creek Road in Mt. Diablo Park, following a fresh tip.

The boy's foster parents, who at one point police identified as murder suspects, left their Fremont rental home last month, according to the homeowner.

"They moved out the first week of January," said Ritu Khurana of Baycal Realty, the owner of the house and real estate agent. "They paid the rent and they did not give any forwarding address."

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7252089

*snipped

OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- The foster parents of a six-year-old boy who went missing in Oakland have split up and cut off contact with volunteers who are still searching for the boy.

Hasanni Campbell was reported missing from a shoe store in Rockridge last August.

Our media partner, The Oakland Tribune, is reporting that Hasanni's foster parents, Jennifer Campbell and Louis Ross, broke up soon after the birth of their daughter in November.

Ross reportedly has moved to Arizona.

Thanks so much for all the updates! I'd just found an article about Sheri's new search while Googling news and I pray this is a good tip. :praying:

I'm not too surprised about LR/JC moving out but leaving so much behind ~ I can only hope LE finds something among all their stuff to help solve this case. And apparently leaving behind one of the cars?? It sounds like they've got some financial issues as well as splitting up. :waitasec:

I think now would be a good time for LE to reinterview Campbell. Lean on her hard, even if she has representation. She has no reason whatsoever to refuse a poly now...IMHO.

If she doesn't speak I hope she breaks some minor law in order to get her in there and get what happened to Hasanni out of her. JMHO.
Now that they've split up, I agree. I'd also like to know why he moved to Arizona and what caused the breakup. MOO

Dr. Lillian Glass, a body-language analyst, has recently joined WS after blogging extensively on her own site about the Caylee Anthony case in FL. I would love to get her over here to analyze the few media interviews showing LR and JC in the initial weeks after Hasanni disappeared. Their dynamic was disturbing even to the uninitiated.

Also, the maternal grandmother originally showed up on the news quite a bit. Hope LE is leaning hard on her too.

I'm sure this development has LE furious. May it strengthen their resolve to find justice for Hasanni.

:furious:

Strange Tip Leads to New Search for Hasanni

By LORI PREUITT
Updated 5:10 PM PST, Wed, Feb 3, 2010

About a dozen people spent a second day searching Mount Diablo State Park for a missing child following a tip from a psychic.

Sherri-Lynn Miller tells NBC Bay Area a well known psychic called her out of the blue Tuesday and said she knew where they could find the little boy's body.

That tip was enough to get a small, but dedicated group of people, most who have never met the little boy, to stop what they were doing and hit the road late Tuesday afternoon. They searched into the night armed only with flashlights.

After finding nothing, they stopped the search around 10 p.m. and returned to duty Wednesday afternoon with the psychic in tow.

She said the Mt. Diablo area was too hilly compared to her vision, so the group packed up and decided to search Garin Regional Park in Hayward instead. That is where they searched late Wednesday afternoon. None of the searches turned up any new clues on the child's whereabouts.

Oakland police say they are not taking part in the search.

More at:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Strange-Tip-Leads-to-New-Search-for-Hassani-83449872.html

Volunteers Search For Hasanni Campbell In Clayton, Plan Vigil

Posted: 11:46 am PST February 3, 2010
Updated: 4:00 pm PST February 3, 2010

San Leandro business owner Sherri-Lyn Miller has been organizing searches, vigils and fundraisers for Hasanni. About a dozen volunteers are conducting another search this afternoon based on a tip from Sam Herbert, a Berkeley-based psychic, Miller said.

The group searched an area in the 13000 block of Marsh Creek Road in Clayton between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Wednesday, she said.

Miller, who recently established the group Citizens For the Lost to search for missing children, is also organizing a rally next week to mark the six-month anniversary of Hasanni's disappearance.

The rally will be held Feb. 10 at 6 p.m. outside Oakland Police Department headquarters at 455 Seventh St.

People wishing to take part can come by the Citizens For the Lost headquarters at 15976 E. 14th St. in San Leandro between noon and 6 p.m. Saturday to make signs or T-shirts for the rally, Miller said.

She said the rally is not meant to protest police, who are continuing to investigate Hasanni's disappearance.

"Right now we're very confident in the police," Miller said. "They're keeping everything close to the vest but I know they're on top of it."

http://www.foxreno.com/news/22423584/detail.html

Maybe he mistakenly believes AZ won't extradite? :angel:
I'm just curious because I don't recall him having any family there, and he was supposed to be going to school when Hasanni disappeared. :waitasec:

Rally for missing Fremont boy, Hasanni Campbell, set for tonight

Bay City News
Posted: 02/10/2010 11:27:00 AM PST
Updated: 02/10/2010 12:27:32 PM PST

OAKLAND — A rally will be held outside Oakland police headquarters tonight to mark the six-month anniversary of the disappearance of Hasanni Campbell, a 6-year-old boy who went missing in the city's Rockridge neighborhood in August.

Rally organizer Sherri-Lyn Miller said at least 50 people are expected to gather at 6 p.m. to boost public awareness about Hasanni, who was reported missing by his foster father Aug. 10.

Oakland police Officer Jeff Thomason said the Police Department is still working the case.

"We have never stopped investigating it. With the level of evidence, witness statements, and canvasses, there's a massive level of information that's coming in on this investigation," Thomason said. "We're still pursuing this case, and we're not going to stop pursuing it until there's closure."

Anyone with information about Hasanni's disappearance is urged to call Oakland police at (510) 777-3211 or (510) 238-7934, or Crime Stoppers at (510) 777-8572.

Anyone who wants more information on the rally or wants to volunteer with Citizens for the Lost is encouraged to call (510) 276-9090 or send an e-mail to findhasanni@gmail.com.

Police headquarters is at 455 Seventh St. in Oakland.

More at:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_14373992

Seems I'm waiting for so many little ones to be found - where are you little guy Hassani?

Missing Child Advocate on New Quest

Sherri-Lynn Miller is a t-shirt designer by trade, but has become the top spokesperson for the dwindling group of people who are searching for 5-year-old Hassani Campbell.

Miller's dog Snow disappeared Wednesday and she is pretty sure someone has her. She is a six and a half pound bichon and she just had a litter of puppies on January 3.

By Thursday afternoon Miller said, "Still no sign of my baby. I need all your prayers. I don't know what to do."

Because Snow is a new mom and is still taking care of her pups. Miller says she hopes whoever has her cares enough to take her to a vet.

Miller doesn't have children of her own, but she is the one person who can always be counted on to keep people searching, keep people hoping and keep people thinking about a little boy who spent his short lift here in the Bay Area.

It seems like the least we can do is take a look at the photo and keep an eye out for Snow, especially if you live in San Leandro.

More (including photo) at:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Missing-Child-Advocate-Now-on-New-Quest-84747692.html

I hope Ms Miller finds her dog. I reckon she has earned some good karma.

Hasanni little man ... oh little man, where are you? You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I agree that they should interview Jennifer again. Maybe she knows something she is willing to share.

Hasanni, I pray someone finds you soon.

11 February 2010

We haven’t forgotten you, Hassani Campbell, and we want you home
By Aimee Allison

Hassani, you are our son. In the six months since you have been missing, the community hasn’t forgotten you. We’re doubling our resolve to make Oakland a city where all children – ignored, vulnerable, poor – are safe and protected. The small group that held a candlelight vigil speaks for thousands of us – we want the police to continue to investigate the case. More than that, we want to understand where the system that places and tracks foster care children has failed, and what we can do to fix it.

More at:
http://www.aimeeallison.org/2010/02...ssani-campbell-and-we-want-you-home/#more-141

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS