NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Googlemaps says Wendover's 2.5 hours from Ruby Valley, on the main highways. So if he left Ruby Valley after lunch, he'd get to Wendover airport around midafternoon -- I doubt if it's more than a two-hour flight even by small plane. Would get him there comfortably in time for the session, and plenty of time to drive home the next day after his pilot friend ferried him back to his car.

Googlemaps says Wendover's 2.5 hours from Ruby Valley, on the main highways. So if he left Ruby Valley after lunch, he'd get to Wendover airport around midafternoon -- I doubt if it's more than a two-hour flight even by small plane. Would get him there comfortably in time for the session, and plenty of time to drive home the next day after his pilot friend ferried him back to his car.

OK, so who's this mysterious friend with a pilot's license and a private plane?

Someone who also paid for Steven to rent a car?
But wouldn't pay for the gas for that car? ;)

OK, so who's this mysterious friend with a pilot's license and a private plane?

And how does he get from the Wendover Airport to Ruby Valley?

And why would he buy gas in Wendover?

You're all saying he rented a car in Wendover and drove to Ruby Valley and back to have lunch?

Who rented the car?
You can't rent a car without using your credit card.

I was thinking more along the lines of he drives out to Nevada on business, realizes he's going to be late getting back to St. George, calls a friend with a plane (I'm thinking possibly one of his friends from when he worked at the trib/matchbin -- we don't know anything about his social circle there), friend meets him in Wendover and flies him back to St. George. That night or the next day, flies S back to Wendover so he can get his car and finish the drive home.

Owning a small plane is not the least uncommon in flat wide country like that, and often pilots are glad just to have a chance to get in the air. I'm not saying this definitely happened, I'm investigating whether it's an option.

Looking at the "street" view in Googlemaps, I'd be astonished if every ranch out there didn't have a landing strip.

When you open up a big AAA Southwestern States map and zero in on Utah and Nevada, the towns that are highlighted - the ones that Steven visited - are somewhere between a circle and oblong shape.

1. St. George - Nephi - Springville - Wendover - Ruby Valley mostly along Interstate routes is about 8 hours

2. Ruby Valley to St. George - mostly along Hwy. 93 - is about 6 hours, 30 minutes - or

3. Ruby Valley to St. George back along the same Interstate route is about 8 hours driving time

All of the gas station locations are along #1 and #3.

I think SK was at Temple on Wednesday, 12/09/09 in time for 6:30 p.m. service. The documentation of sightings is very good.

I think the whole "visiting the ranch" episode occurred on another day and the gas station stops may have all been on that same "other" day.

How about the 8th or the 10th? He could have taken the Interstate route or the Hwy 93 route to Ruby Valley, visited and had lunch and, on the way back, use the Interstate route and stopped for gas and his taco meal and been back in St. George late that night. The timeline shows no other events occurring on those days other than the possible $100 payment from boss.

The plane theory is a good one , however, I don't think a plane was involved . Somehow I think it is something less complicated and much more simple. What it is I don't know. I still think the answer lies within the cell calls or on a computer. If it lies with someone else they are not talking.

I vote for keeping it simple - the temple meeting has been verified by more than 1 person so I think that can stand. The trip to Ruby Valley must have been a different day. The window washing employer may not even be certain of the day he met Steven and gave him the $100.

There has to be some way to verify the dates for the charges with no receipt - the bank has access to this information. Can Naegle get it via Steven's parents? I'm thinking 1 of the parents' names may be on his bank account and is able to ask for that info. The dates are becoming more and more impt.

I'll ask HoppyFrog for a new thread. This one is over 20 pages now.

When you open up a big AAA Southwestern States map and zero in on Utah and Nevada, the towns that are highlighted - the ones that Steven visited - are somewhere between a circle and oblong shape.

1. St. George - Nephi - Springville - Wendover - Ruby Valley mostly along Interstate routes is about 8 hours

2. Ruby Valley to St. George - mostly along Hwy. 93 - is about 6 hours, 30 minutes - or

3. Ruby Valley to St. George back along the same Interstate route is about 8 hours driving time

All of the gas station locations are along #1 and #3.

I think SK was at Temple on Wednesday, 12/09/09 in time for 6:30 p.m. service. The documentation of sightings is very good.

I think the whole "visiting the ranch" episode occurred on another day and the gas station stops may have all been on that same "other" day.

How about the 8th or the 10th? He could have taken the Interstate route or the Hwy 93 route to Ruby Valley, visited and had lunch and, on the way back, use the Interstate route and stopped for gas and his taco meal and been back in St. George late that night. The timeline shows no other events occurring on those days other than the possible $100 payment from boss.

If he was in Ruby Valley at 11am PST on the 8th, when did he see his boss Travis? I think that's why the date shift was made by Naegle, and she may have talked to AN.

BUT....if he left Ruby Valley on the 10th at 1pm, THAT simplifies EVERYTHING! In fact, my mapping software puts his arrival at Taco Time within 60 minutes of the time on the receipt. That covers p-breaks, gas in Springvile, get out and stretch, etc.

Could AN's family have been "off" by TWO days?

I've asked about the possibility of confirming the date and times of that RV visit, but I've not had a response from AN.

BUT....there ARE gas stations all along US-93. Some are small-town "cash only" places, and others are regular large businesses. Ely's a tourist stop town, and McGill and Caliente also have services.

I vote for keeping it simple - the temple meeting has been verified by more than 1 person so I think that can stand. The trip to Ruby Valley must have been a different day. The window washing employer may not even be certain of the day he met Steven and gave him the $100.

There has to be some way to verify the dates for the charges with no receipt - the bank has access to this information. Can Naegle get it via Steven's parents? I'm thinking 1 of the parents' names may be on his bank account and is able to ask for that info. The dates are becoming more and more impt.

Yes, they are. I'm REALLY glad to get more participation here (and from people who know Steven) on this timeline!

Someone who works at Zion's Bank would have access to the account AND be able to easily get the date/time/location of those purchases.

We know of one (actually two) people who could get that information easily. If I were that person, I'd already have it. But I'm not that person, and I am NOT judging them.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that person wishes to share that information with "internet people".

Remember, this is the same group of people who (for security reasons) will not divulge the routing and checking account numbers of the donation account so that online donations can be made ... YET expects you to mail a check (with YOUR routing and checking account numbers on it).
I don't get it.
If that account's numbers are insecure, I certainly don't want to divulge my own account's numbers.

Yes, they are. I'm REALLY glad to get more participation here (and from people who know Steven) on this timeline!

Someone who works at Zion's Bank would have access to the account AND be able to easily get the date/time/location of those purchases.

We know of one (actually two) people who could get that information easily. If I were that person, I'd already have it. But I'm not that person, and I am NOT judging them.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that person wishes to share that information with "internet people".

Remember, this is the same group of people who (for security reasons) will not divulge the routing and checking account numbers of the donation account so that online donations can be made ... YET expects you to mail a check (with YOUR routing and checking account numbers on it).
I don't get it.
If that account's numbers are insecure, I certainly don't want to divulge my own account's numbers.

I'm not SURE, but I think if the bank personnel divulged the dates of Steven's transactions to the public, that would violate his right to financial privacy. I've been out of banking too long to remember all the provisions....but anyone on the account has the right to that information.

Or the police can surely subpoena those records and I would think they would not have a problem sharing those dates with Steven's family.

I couldn't even hazard a guess as to why they didn't want to divulge the routing and account number for donations, though. Although when I last worked in banking, over 10 yrs ago, there were certain types of accounts we did not allow electronic transactions due to special reporting that had to be done for transactions - but I think that was attorney escrow accounts.

I don't get it.

This is one of a few reasons why I believe LE and possibly the family think that there was no foul play....they don't want SK's privacy breached when they think he'll come back. And possibly it can't be done without a court order - indicating that there is no reason to have it done.

If he was in Ruby Valley at 11am PST on the 8th, when did he see his boss Travis? I think that's why the date shift was made by Naegle, and she may have talked to AN.

BUT....if he left Ruby Valley on the 10th at 1pm, THAT simplifies EVERYTHING! In fact, my mapping software puts his arrival at Taco Time within 60 minutes of the time on the receipt. That covers p-breaks, gas in Springvile, get out and stretch, etc.

Could AN's family have been "off" by TWO days?

I've asked about the possibility of confirming the date and times of that RV visit, but I've not had a response from AN.

BUT....there ARE gas stations all along US-93. Some are small-town "cash only" places, and others are regular large businesses. Ely's a tourist stop town, and McGill and Caliente also have services.

Yeah, if there's a mistake, that would certainly make things simpler.

I was going through the timeline yet again, and once again I'm astonished at how few of those dates have any validation. Most of them are based on only one person's version of events and many of them are hearsay. Like the supposed sighting Saturday night -- that's only reported by the landlord's wife, right? Not directly by the neighbor?

This is one of a few reasons why I believe LE and possibly the family think that there was no foul play....they don't want SK's privacy breached when they think he'll come back. And possibly it can't be done without a court order - indicating that there is no reason to have it done.

I guess that would be one of the GOOD reasons to be secretive about things. But I don't think it's a wise choice IMO. Something unusual was going on.....either with Steven mentally or with something he was involved in doing. And whatever it was led to him disappearaing. Keeping quiet is not going to bring answers for his family and friends.

I don't think Steve was conniving enough to disappear intentionally and remain successfully hidden for this long.

I'm not SURE, but I think if the bank personnel divulged the dates of Steven's transactions to the public, that would violate his right to financial privacy. I've been out of banking too long to remember all the provisions....but anyone on the account has the right to that information.

Or the police can surely subpoena those records and I would think they would not have a problem sharing those dates with Steven's family.

I couldn't even hazard a guess as to why they didn't want to divulge the routing and account number for donations, though. Although when I last worked in banking, over 10 yrs ago, there were certain types of accounts we did not allow electronic transactions due to special reporting that had to be done for transactions - but I think that was attorney escrow accounts.

I'd bet LE and the parents have all the banking info. I'd be concerned about the security of the bank's website if they're so concerned about that a/c information. I can't remember if it was on NG or JVM last week, but they gave out an a/c and routing number on the telly...I think it was the wife of the just incarcerated husband w/girlfriend. Can't remember the name! Duh.

Yeah, if there's a mistake, that would certainly make things simpler.

I was going through the timeline yet again, and once again I'm astonished at how few of those dates have any validation. Most of them are based on only one person's version of events and many of them are hearsay. Like the supposed sighting Saturday night -- that's only reported by the landlord's wife, right? Not directly by the neighbor?

That's the way it always is. We never get "validation" from LE; we get information from news reports, contemporaneous statements, and other sources. Trying to make them all fit, is the hard part.

But remember.....IF someone is purposely giving bad information, that's to their discredit and leads to suspicion against them.

Right now: the only thing that doesn't fit with a Dec 10th Ruby Valley visit is that "date posted" on the Wendover purchase. The only way to test that, is to drive 150 miles to that godforsaken place and use my debit card for the gas I'd need to get back home ;)

We've had bank account info shared with us...but grindingly, not the little extra step.

Maybe we're the only ones who think it's important?

SOMEONE (aware of what we're doing) told the family this:

"Those clues aren't going to solve this case -- you'll only find him by publicizing the case."

(I just happen to be someone who disagrees with that.)

I'd bet LE and the parents have all the banking info. I'd be concerned about the security of the bank's website if they're so concerned about that a/c information. I can't remember if it was on NG or JVM last week, but they gave out an a/c and routing number on the telly...I think it was the wife of the just incarcerated husband w/girlfriend. Can't remember the name! Duh.

Every time you hand someone a check, they have your information.

The bank's job is to keep people from using that information to make a withdrawal. But NOT to keep deposits from your account.

It was all I could do, on the FB page, to write a "chuckle" response to the bank employee who claimed it was a security issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller