WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is correct, but add a year to the children's ages....either the date on the records was misread or the records themselves were off by one year.

Yes, I remember you correcting that last time. Just trying to help catch up people a little quicker.

I've been thinking. Have we determined for sure that Mackenzie was actually at her abandoned car? I thought we hadn't. I thought LE had stated that "someone parked her car there without anyone noticing." In other words, she didn't drive it there. Rumor is footprints were not hers. HOWEVER, dogs DID get a scent that began at the car and stopped when it hit the pavement. So, that DOES put her there. She locked her car. (where are the keys) Or, was she already dead and was lifted out of her car and placed in another vehicle (since the prints allegedly weren't hers) that met there to make the transport to the place she was discovered?

The one thing about this that has kept me thinking is: someone locked the car! Was this the killer with a habit of locking the car or was this MC making sure her belongings were protected?

Intrigued - I can't grasp the gang theories either. Too many pieces add up to someone who knew her, RE/construction connection, etc.

Also, the keys are a huge deal in my mind too. LE said they could not find her phone, debit or gas card...but never mentioned her keys. They did not say whether the footprints were hers or not, they did not say which tower the last ping came from...Could she possibly have driven her own car there?? And if they found footprints, would someone else have parked the car on the pavement or on the dirt if they didn't want to leave any trace of themselves? Hmm...

I am pretty sure they have not found any of these things, or they would have known it was her, and wouldn't of had to do the autotopsy, or maybe they still would of done the autotopsy but they would have been alot more positive it was her if any of these things were found on her.

I've been thinking. Have we determined for sure that Mackenzie was actually at her abandoned car? I thought we hadn't. I thought LE had stated that "someone parked her car there without anyone noticing." In other words, she didn't drive it there. Rumor is footprints were not hers. HOWEVER, dogs DID get a scent that began at the car and stopped when it hit the pavement. So, that DOES put her there. She locked her car. (where are the keys) Or, was she already dead and was lifted out of her car and placed in another vehicle (since the prints allegedly weren't hers) that met there to make the transport to the place she was discovered?

Nobody has been able to find anything about a scent stopping at the pavement, or any scent at all. I do remember LE stating that there was no evidence IN the car. If her body had been in the car, there would be evidence. I think the general consensus is that MacKenzie did not drive her car up Pitcher Canyon. LE stated only that SOMEBODY took her car up there.

I am pretty sure they have not found any of these things, or they would have known it was her, and wouldn't of had to do the autotopsy, or maybe they still would of done the autotopsy but they would have been alot more positive it was her if any of these things were found on her.

I believe the keys have been found. The LE would have listed them as missing in order to find them so they could get some kind of leads from it.

The one thing about this that has kept me thinking is: someone locked the car! Was this the killer with a habit of locking the car or was this MC making sure her belongings were protected?

Or did the killer lock the doors knowing he would be returning to remove the vehicle after they dispose the body and wanted to make sure no-one could get in because there would potentially be evidence. I would imagine that killer (assuming he is along the lines we have been discussing) was SHOCKED to hear the vehicle was reported as quickly as it was.

Ok...my expert guess (neither fact nor rumor) is MC did not drive her car, or ride in it, up to PC.

I think the keys are a HUGE deal. This is a major piece that had been left out of this puzzle. The car was locked, so SOMEONE locked the doors. Did they lock them inside intentionally so she could not try to escape? Does anyone know if her car would have automatic locks or is it quite old and has to be key locked? This is a point they have left out of the investigation. :waitasec:

MC's car is a '97 Pontiac Grand Prix SE. Power locks were part of an option package. Even if they purchased that package, when you exit the car you still have to 'manually' lock the doors via the mechanical lock switches, via the electric group-lock switch or via the key FOB. There was no programming available that automatically locks the doors when you exit the car.

Early news articles report the car as being locked ... but in the same articles IDNR any mention of 'keys' or 'no keys' found. Only that there were clothes and a purse locked inside. Odd.

Ok...my expert guess (neither fact nor rumor) is MC did not drive her car, or ride in it, up to PC.

I agree. In either case, I am more inclined to believe that whoever parked the car likely locked it out of habit, rather than any kind of plan. It would take an awfully experienced killer to be monitoring details like that.... MOO.

However, the lack of other concrete evidence-- or at least any that would lead to a quick arrest-- seems to indicate that the person(s) either a) thought this through ahead or b) did a mighty good clean-up job after the fact....
Again, just MOO :)

There are only two ways that the car could have gotten to that address.

Let’s assume that Mackenzie did drive the car up Pitcher Canyon. She would not leave her car at that address, unless she knew someone that lived there. Does she have a connection to that house? Didn’t someone say that there was a runaway call to that address a year prior? Could one of her classmates live at that address?

If Mackenzie or the killer did not know that address, then it was a random choice and that would eliminate Mackenzie from driving her car up there. She did not seem like the type of girl that would dump her car in a random driveway.

I believe it is JF's brother's. It has been referred to before but I haven't dug into that one, or the supposed connection that JF has to the murderer of Rita and Mandy Huffman.

There are two brothers in the Chelan Co. jail that are rumored to have helped move the body. They are not related to anyone else in the case.

Whatever the mutilation to her face/body, we know it was most likely able to be hidden cosmetically (if there was any). FB comments from WC indicate that she was going to sit with Mac's body and get to hold her hand one last time. To me this either indicates that she has a cast iron constitution, the damage was not that severe, or the mortitian was able to do some serious magic.

Wow on this one girlfawkes. I'm thinking about this and wondering if it was my child how I would react. I have never been in such a situation. I wonder if my need to say goodbye to my child would be stronger than my anguish at seeing them in such a condition? Wow........ :(

Salem

It would have been smarter to leave the car unlocked. Then the owners of the house may have entered the car to help find the owner. This would have contaminated the scene.

If I remember correctly it was mentioned in the WW dogs were brought when the car was discovered and they lost the scent at the pavement

Nobody has been able to find anything about a scent stopping at the pavement, or any scent at all. I do remember LE stating that there was no evidence IN the car. If her body had been in the car, there would be evidence. I think the general consensus is that MacKenzie did not drive her car up Pitcher Canyon. LE stated only that SOMEBODY took her car up there.

I was going on this point that was brought up today. I guess that was rebutted after. I did just read the article that stated the bloodhounds did not pick up any scents at all.

Wow on this one girlfawkes. I'm thinking about this and wondering if it was my child how I would react. I have never been in such a situation. I wonder if my need to say goodbye to my child would be stronger than my anguish at seeing them in such a condition? Wow........ :(

Salem

I know. I can't imagine it either, what I would feel and/or do. The post she wrote was really so very sad.

Or did the killer lock the doors knowing he would be returning to remove the vehicle after they dispose the body and wanted to make sure no-one could get in because there would potentially be evidence. I would imagine that killer (assuming he is along the lines we have been discussing) was SHOCKED to hear the vehicle was reported as quickly as it was.

I thought the EXACT same thing... who would think that parking a car up that far in Pitcher Canyon that anyone would report it that same day, even hours after. I think that created a major flaw in the perp's plan... I doubt he/she was expecting that, and it probably sent them into "panic" mode, maybe accounting for the different crime scenes. Kudos to the family who actually did phone in the mysterious car, otherwise, the perp may have planned to go back that night to move the car (hence why it would be locked) and the car may have never been found...

I believe the killer(s) left her car up there to throw LE off. That is where they concentrated the search for her. Also, putting the car up there in Chelan County, while placing her body totally far away in the opposite direction and in another county certainly complicates things. In addition, Del Rio pointed out last night that he believes the killer meant to place the body in Grant County, but miscalculated. I have not looked to see where the county lines are myself, but it's an interesting input.

Melissa, it has posted on here that he owns a contruction company. Also that he is currently getting divorced from wife #3 and has 3 small children, his house is in foreclosure and he has filed for bankruptcy. All info that has been posted, not info that I can verify.

It takes months to get to the point where you must LEAVE the home. It's empty!

Construction this year is up and running early since the weather is cooperating unlike many other years in this valley. So....maybe the POI is busy, working.

Can't imagine filing bankruptcy, losing my home, & keeping my business??

Just MY :twocents:

Ok, I have a dumb question. Earlier a person stated that the brodie marks had been there since the fall. Wouldn't the rain or snow over the winter months have washed the tracks away or a least made them less noticeable if that were the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann