OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering about the two incidents at the school,I'm hoping a commenter that knows what happened will comment under an article.

We have so many schools!
PreK-1
2-3
4-5
6-8
9-12

Our town has it's own school system, so instead of dividing by what neighborhood you live in, we divide by grades.

So, it's so weird for me to hear K-8.

You know everyday in schools kids are let out of the classroom to go to the bathroom,this could happen in any school at anytime.Every school should have security,here there's security guards and cameras.Sad that it's come to that in our country,but you can't even trust teachers and maintenance workers anymore.

I agree! I've been asking about cameras at our school for a long time! My son, who has Asperger's, was bullied in middle school horribly and they kept saying that they couldn't "prove it". But that's for another forum.

Back to here...

The State of Oregon just announced last month that they have a HUGE SHORTFALL of funds and are cutting back on all government programs, including our schools. I fear it will get worse before it gets better. :( I've even heard that some districts are considering cutting back to 4 days a week.

This is just a who's who for anyone who is new or still confused about who the important people in Kyron's life are.

Kaine Horman – Kyron’s biological father, married to Terri Moulton Horman
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Desiree Horman - Kyron's biological mother
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Terri Moulton Horman – Kyron’s step-mother, married to Kaine Hormann.

Carol Moulton – Terri Moulton Horman’s mother, Kyron’s step-grandmother

Carole Smith – school superintendent http://www.kptv.com/news/23811673/detail.html

Gina Zimmerman – mother of child in Kyron’s class http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

We have so many schools!
PreK-1
2-3
4-5
6-8
9-12

Our town has it's own school system, so instead of dividing by what neighborhood you live in, we divide by grades.

So, it's so weird for me to hear K-8.

Ha! Well, sit down before you read that our school only has two teachers per grade!!! :D

I think people read far too much into Facebook when stuff like this happens. Frankly, I am surprised she has it open and unlocked for people to dissect. It would be hard enough living through this, but having the whole world go over your pictures, tags, posts, and information with a fine tooth comb so they could implicate you would be horrible. We don't know where this child is, we don't know that he didn't leave school grounds on his own or with someone not related to him. As others have shown, there are so many people quick to assign blame to what could very well be an innocent person.

well i have a myspace and i joined because of something in regards to websleuths.

you could also dissect peoples motives and actions for things they post here if you wanted to.

Hi kb. I wanted to ask you a question as gently as possible, (which isn't easy for me, trust me on that)
Why do we come to Websleuths? We come here to dissect any and all facts that relate to the cases that peak our interest. I totally understand and agree about "bashing" parents, family, etc..Until we have reason or strong evidence of which way LE is going, but we also have a right to form opinions, dissect statements and analyze data that is available to us.

In my very humble opinion, I believe that Websleuths is meant for just what the name of it says: Sleuthing. One of the definitions of "sleuthing" is to search and discover. :)

schools used to go k-8 for the longest time.

some still do im sure

What's with this school having 8th graders? Here elementary school ends with 5th graders & then it's off to Middle School where they belong.

Is it possible an 'older' kid may be involved? Probably not but I still don't like this setup at all!

Since it is such a small school, I wonder if they just don't have the resources for 2 separate schools (buses, custodial staff, etc.). Lots of private schools are K-8, so it's not exactly unheard of. Actually, when I was in school it was K-7 and then we went to high school in 8th grade. Talk about a bad mix! I was the last 8th grade class that did that in our area, but it wasn't exactly "the olden days" either. :blushing:

I taught at a k-8 school, and the older kids did very little "mingling" with the younger ones. And we had one teacher per grade! :lol

I agree! I've been asking about cameras at our school for a long time! My son, who has Asperger's, was bullied in middle school horribly and they kept saying that they couldn't "prove it". But that's for another forum.

Back to here...

The State of Oregon just announced last month that they have a HUGE SHORTFALL of funds and are cutting back on all government programs, including our schools. I fear it will get worse before it gets better. :( I've even heard that some districts are considering cutting back to 4 days a week.

Oh that's so sad,I'm sorry,kids can be so cruel.I keep thinking of the 13 year old girl that said her sibling was in Kyron's class and they have some thoughts on what happened.I hope it doesn't involve any bullies.

Have we confirmed that Desiree Davidson Young is in fact Kyron's bio mom? If so can someone provide me that link

She's definitely his mom.

What's with this school having 8th graders? Here elementary school ends with 5th graders & then it's off to Middle School where they belong.

Is it possible an 'older' kid may be involved? Probably not but I still don't like this setup at all!

My daughter's school is K4-8th grade. There are two wings though - elementary grades on one side, and junior high on the other. They don't share before or after school care, lunch periods, or recess. It works fine. So far.

Hi kb. I wanted to ask you a question as gently as possible, (which isn't easy for me, trust me on that)
Why do we come to Websleuths? We come here to dissect any and all facts that relate to the cases that peak our interest. I totally understand and agree about "bashing" parents, family, etc..Until we have reason or strong evidence of which way LE is going, but we also have a right to form opinions, dissect statements and analyze data that is available to us.

In my very humble opinion, I believe that Websleuths is meant for just what the name of it says: Sleuthing. One of the definitions of "sleuthing" is to search and discover. :)

well i can see where your coming from, cause two weeks ago or so, there was a case in crimes in the news where this woman in ohio claimed she was abducted and raped. none of the info that was given made a lick of sense to me, and i said straight out i thought the whole thing was made up. i was then told i was being unfair. because i bothered to think things out and see that things did not add up.. it turned out, she made the whole thing up. but i was told to 'give her the benifit of the doubt.' i dont give 'benefit of the doubt' when things dont make sense to me.

i dont see that as the case here. stuff on facebook and not crying for his return do not equate to something nefarious afoot. and she raised him since he was a baby. jmo.

Am I remembering right that early in the case LE said something about not being able to discuss any of his medical conditions. I don't remember what the statement was. I'll have to go back and try to find it.
It kinda struck me as he does have some sort of medical condtition that they would not discuss.

Not that it really matters, he is missing. Just thought about it.

Any thoughts on that?

She's definitely his mom.

In the first article I read on this,they said the Mom's name was Desiree,but can't find that original article,they updated it and that info wasn't in there.It was the one where they talked about the stepmom's son living with her parents.I'm wondering if they just wanted to take out any info about the other son,because he was a minor,or was the info wrong about him living with the grandparents.

i should add i DO see alot fo things not adding up coming from the school

]June 6: Portland Public Schools Statement
Portland Public Schools Statement On Kyron Horman's Disappearance

The following is a statement relesaed Sunday, June 6, 2010, by Portland Public Schools Superintendent Carole Smith:​

To the PPS community:
My heart, and the hearts of everyone who is a part of Portland Public Schools, goes out to Kyron Horman and his family.
We are all wishing for Kyron’s safe return as quickly as possible and we are grateful for the efforts of all the law enforcement agencies who have worked so tirelessly over the past 48 hours to determine the cause of Kyron’s disappearance, locate him and return him safely home.
The reported disappearance of a student from one of our schools is unprecedented and deeply troubling. Portland Public Schools is doing everything we can to assist the authorities in their effort to find Kyron.
I appreciate the many parents, students and school staff who have been providing information about Friday’s events – especially everyone who came to Skyline today to talk to investigators – and I encourage anyone who may have seen Kyron on Friday to come forward, if they have not yet done so. (If you think you may have information that could be helpful, you can contact authorities at: 503-261-2847)​

Am I remembering right that early in the case LE said something about not being able to discuss any of his medical conditions. I don't remember what the statement was. I'll have to go back and try to find it.
It kinda struck me as he does have some sort of medical condtition that they would not discuss.

Not that it really matters, he is missing. Just thought about it.

Any thoughts on that?

I just want to add that if, I mean if he has some sort of medical condition that may require medication and or special treatments it should be part of the search. I would think that if they felt that he may be abducted and or kidnapped the kidnapper and or doctors, hosptials should know about it. I have seen many cases where they indicate those things upfront..it could mean the world of difference in his care and survival. I am frustrated and concerned if he has a medical condition that it is not made public. What that means that they didn't if anything is anyones guess. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018