Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this is weird....I was listening the other day to the Peoria County LE scanner....just went to listen to see if there is anything going on that I could possibly pick up and guess what....it's no longer there!!!

When you go to Peoria County it says 2 links (would be LE and Fire/Rescue) but when you click to open the scanner you now only get the link for Fire.....LE is not there!!!

hmmmmm......

Why do I not think he took the ultralight in his 3 day head clearing trip? Wouldn't the police have info that the plane had in fact been gone during this time? And wasn't it stated that he could not have had any type of "cargo" in this plane due to weight?

Or is the thinking that due to this airport he may have been familiar with the area?

I'm confused....:waitasec: :waitasec:
help please

I remember that it was determined that there is no way DP's ultralight could transport another person or any sort of cargo. So I don't think he would use the ultralight for anything other than transportation from point A to point B. If he had to file any sort of flight records, I don't think he'd even use the ultralight for transportation.

I think it's more likely that he knows the search site area because he's used the ultralight airport in Dunlop.

If or when there is word of the search resuming will someone start a new thread since this one is getting rather long? Something like 'search resumes and the date.' Then the posts with maps etc. can be moved to it easily for reference or another thread devoted to the maps. I don't seem to be here when the action starts.

Thanks Chico.............will make sure there's a new thread when there's news of a resumed search.

Drew's ultralight is a two seater and he use to take up people all the time. It was even mentioned he took Stacy for rides.

I watched a video on utube of a passenger jumping out of a plane just like his with a parachute so it could be done.

But I don't think that is what he did.

OK this is weird....I was listening the other day to the Peoria County LE scanner....just went to listen to see if there is anything going on that I could possibly pick up and guess what....it's no longer there!!!

When you go to Peoria County it says 2 links (would be LE and Fire/Rescue) but when you click to open the scanner you now only get the link for Fire.....LE is not there!!!

hmmmmm......

That is strange. I wonder if because of the LE interest in the site they've been searching, it's been taken down temporary?

I don't know much about the online scanner service. Is it normal for the links to disappear from time to time?

I remember that it was determined that there is no way DP's ultralight could transport another person or any sort of cargo. So I don't think he would use the ultralight for anything other than transportation from point A to point B. If he had to file any sort of flight records, I don't think he'd even use the ultralight for transportation.

I think it's more likely that he knows the search site area because he's used the ultralight airport in Dunlop.

Bold mine

Although, I seem to remember hearing that Drew wanted to take Paula up in his ultralite for a ride, or did he actually take her up? Wasn't she wired or something under a vest? Just rings a bell with me.

I do not tho think that DP could take Stacy in a barrel up for a ride tho. But maybe another person who could be strapped in?

Drew's ultralight is a two seater and he use to take up people all the time. It was even mentioned he took Stacy for rides.

I watched a video on utube of a passenger jumping out of a plane just like his with a parachute so it could be done.

But I don't think that is what he did.

Again, I should just read further, Dr. Fessel! :crazy:

I don't know much about the online scanner service. Is it normal for the links to disappear from time to time?

Not in the time I have been listening on the PC scanner....it does go down from time to time for maintenance but it still shows as a link and then there is a note from RR that it's down for maintenance and will return as soon as possible.

This appears that the feed has disappeared altogether and it was there the other day and now gone....

This is true. But the ultralight is very useful for one thing. Scouting. From the ultra he could have checked out isolated areas for possible burial, access points, hazzards to burial and a lot of other info. Or even if he didn't actually scout it out in advance, it would have made him more familiar with areas surrounding the various airpoirts.

What is the weather conditions now?
Hope it dries up!
Any one local har anything?
Drive by?
Tents still up?
Grounds being guarded???

Well knowing that ultra lights are good for scouting, could it be that DP had a GPS in his plane and then used the same coordinates in a vehicle to get back to that spot....There is something about the fact that LE said they had coordinates that keeps bringing me back to a GPS device.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=662

I see the "Status" is Offline. I don't know how often that happens.

Ok you scrolled to the bottom and then clicked on it - I get the same thing doing it that way. :smile:
But if you just go where it says "launch the county website" up toward the top - you will get the box where you can click on fire and under that was the LE one and you could just click on it. Now it's not even showing up as an option on that page.

Being offline and not showing for maintenance means it is off and there is no record for "back up soon" "for maintenance" or whatever...it's just down. Makes me suspicious....but that's just me - LOL....

Bold mine

Although, I seem to remember hearing that Drew wanted to take Paula up in his ultralite for a ride, or did he actually take her up? Wasn't she wired or something under a vest? Just rings a bell with me.

I do not tho think that DP could take Stacy in a barrel up for a ride tho. But maybe another person who could be strapped in?

Mitzi, Maybe he used the plastic container just to get her body out of the house without being accidently seen by anyone.
He wouldn't have taken the barrel with him, he would have got one of the blue barrels from the Big Hollow Sportsman club after he landed there...

he could have easily strapped her into the passenger seat with the seat belt and a cargo strap and flew her to the area. If I remember correctly, she was a small person.
Some ultra-lights can land anywhere that is smooth, like a golf course or long smooth yard or smooth grassy field, thats 100 feet long, if I'm not mistaken.

Was the Sportsman Club being used in Oct. '07..??? When was it listed for Sale?

This is true. But the ultralight is very useful for one thing. Scouting. From the ultra he could have checked out isolated areas for possible burial, access points, hazzards to burial and a lot of other info. Or even if he didn't actually scout it out in advance, it would have made him more familiar with areas surrounding the various airpoirts.

I agree, and I think the fact that there's an ultralight airport so close to the search site is encouraging. I'm sure LE knows about the airport, and that may be just one more piece of the puzzle.

I've watched ultralights in and around our small country airport. To the casual observer, the only thought that comes to mind is - "it looks like he's having fun." No one would ever watch an ultralight flying in an area and think, "he's looking for a spot to bury his soon-to-be-dead wife." DP could easily have used his ultralight to do some preliminary scouting of an area.

You're welcome.

I'm anxious to see what you come up with for alternate entry points on the other side of the river. :dance:

ACR

Okies :) Per request. Wide shot with alternate access route to the search property. Yes as some have suggested, I'm also on a scouting mission by pc/air. I don't think it was necessary to gain access by going next to homes or the shooting club. This alternate access provides perfect cover for someone to get to the tent location, if they were driving.

Top Left is the small trucking company mentioned. :)

grangeAltAccess1.jpg

I have revised my early map of the area. I have found that 7517 Grange Hall Rd is a home. 7517 WEST Grange Hall is the road leading up to the 16 acre Sportsman Club. If someone knows how to make it bigger---feel free!
alwan2.jpg

Does anyone know what this high tech equipment is that anthropologist, Harn, is recommending that LE bring in to use in the search for Stacy? I've read that archeologists have some sort of equipment they use prior to any sort of excavation to determine the location of an ancient buried village. But what exactly does this equipment see? Can it see a human skeleton? Or is it limited to only seeing artificial outlines indicating a man-made object or structure?

O/T the Chicago Blackhawks just won the Stanley Cup after 49 years:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Now it's Stacy's time!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member