Spoke with KOIN News 6 and they said that Kyron's Body Has Not Been Found

KOIN is getting blasted in the comments on their story blaming internet rumors...

BTW, facebook and twitter were not the source of the rumor, a blogger on sodahead was and his blog is somehow linked to facebook but is not a facebook page (not sure if i should link it)

Could Le deny it... if they haven't got a positive id on a body(if one was found), even if they were pretty sure it is him?

absolutely
IMO
lol

I find qualifying my absolutely wtih IMO to be kinda funny, in retrospect.

KOIN is getting blasted in the comments on their story blaming internet rumors...

And, sadly, thanks to the fact that nothing is ever truly gone in cyberspace, the google search is still bringing it up even though the story has been removed.

Someone is in big trouble. Either it's true and they really screwed up by leaking it before they were supposed to, or it's not and it's a horrible, worst case scenario mistake.

So what does everyone think? Just a mistake or jumping the gun (it wasn't supposed to be reported yet)? Either way, I'm still nauseous about seeing it in print. :(

It is very odd, I started watching the KOIN News exactly on the dot/ No mention of Kyron or his case yet !!! Every other evening it has been the first story covered.

Also driving home a Blackhawk helicopter wasa flying slowly overhead as I turned off Canyon Rd. That is odd too as it isn't a straight shot to PDX, but have seen them do that before as it is a well traveled airway.

xox

I wonder if KOIN got their info from WS. There was a thread on this site this afternoon (it is now deleted) talking about a body being found. I wonder if they took that and ran with it.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...man-investigation/WPjHVDbfQkulpM6um9gubQ.cspx

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Internet may have made communication and access to information easier (at least more convenient), but www could stand for the Wild Wild West instead of World Wide Web when it comes to verification of rumors.

A sad case in point is a torrent of “news” swirling around the Kyron Horman investigation.

Multiple postings on multiple web sites claim multiple outcomes—some have various people arrested, others have various results to the search for the missing 2nd grader—all of which the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office have denounced

“The social networking sites with Twitter and Facebook, someone posts something and it gets out there,” said Mary Lindstrom with Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. “There is a rumor out there that Kyron’s been found and someone’s been arrested. No, that has not happened. It’s not true.”

Did you read the comments? People are ticked off at KOIN and their hypocrisy with this story.

No sense of ethics whatsoever.

Maybe they're not allowed to report it right now and someone jumped the gun.

USA has a free press. LE can ask them not to publicize something, but no part of the media needs permission to post anything.

But was it a rumor if we read it on a news website before they pulled the article? If we can't trust the news sites and link here to the news sites without worrying about the articles they post being rumors...then where will we get any information at all?

If the news website removes the post, states that it was an error, quotes LE as saying it is not true, then at that point I can only treat it as a rumor. If anything changes, I'll go with it, but right now there doesn't seem to be anything to hang a "Fact Hat" on.

Personally, the only facts I have to use in this case----in any case, actually----are those confirmed by LE. If they don't say it, I don't buy it.

holy smokes! just got home from school and find this! what is it with this case and rumours?????!

I really won't be surprised if they just have this headline all ready just in case it happens. I just don't believe if there were really anything to know they would sit on the information even per LE. News is about the buisness of being first with the scoop and I'll bet they just have this sitting and ready to put up and up it went by mistake.

Did you read the comments? People are ticked off at KOIN and their hypocrisy with this story.

No sense of ethics whatsoever.
Yes I read them I agree with them.

If this is true ( BIG IF) and they DID report it to fast then they SHOULD be ashemed of themself. Think of the family . Kyrons little friends . ANYONE close to him that could of read it before being told by the Sheriff.

I CANT Imagine. How it would effect family or friends. I am a stranger across the world from them but yet it had me in tears and so upset I had to walk away and calm down. Just think if it would of been one of Kyron's friends that some how read it.

IF it's true the family and friends need to be told in a way other then a news website before it goes public.

After a week of rumors following the scaled back search for Kyron Horman, the Multnomah County Sheriff's office speaks out on KXL about these false claims and how it affects the family. KXL's Chris Brown talked with Lieutenant Mary Lindstrand in this online exclusive:

Listen at the link: http://www.kxl.com/pages/7493973.php

&#8220;There is a rumor out there that Kyron&#8217;s been found and someone&#8217;s been arrested. No, that has not happened. It&#8217;s not true.&#8221; <--- copied and pasted from an earlier post (can't guarantee those are LE's actual words).

Technically, this sentence has two parts (Kyron's been found) and (someone's been arrested). Therefore, if ONE portion isn't true, LE wouldn't be lying to say "it's not true".

Just thinking out loud...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back