Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://translate.google.com/transla...-der-sloot-ir%C3%A9-hasta-la-cidh&sl=es&tl=en

The two most interesting things in this article are the following, IMO.

MA: Habeas corpus means to return the body. Court applies that when it has violated the right person gets the resource, causing all return to the stage at the beginning of the violation of this right.

MA: It is a fundamental issue to achieve, because in this second statement he will say things as they have happened.

Joran wants a 'do-over'. He wants to keep trying out different scenarios - just like he did with Natalee - hoping something will stick.

He's not dealing with dirty Aruban cops or family to cover his tracks this time. I don't think the Peruvians are going to play his games.

I think he should get a "do-over". His first confession obviously had some flaws in it because it actually would have helped to mitigate his sentence, so let's let him try again. The first confession was actually somewhat believable...the next one should be a doozy!!

Oh and they can go ahead with that reconstruction too after the next statement. I think the public outrage has subsided a bit. Maybe they can even bring him out in public without his bulletproof vest now.

I really feel for her... It must have been extremely hard on her with PVDS and JVDS in one house and having suspicions that something is very wrong and not being able to truely express herself... I too think that now that Paulus and Joran cannot touch her she is probably struggling with many emotions.. Both relief and grief...yeah...that has to be hard... :(

As horrible as this is gonna sound.....I think it would be harder to be her, the mother of an alledged double murderer than the mother of a murder victim.

The victim's mother has tons of support and fond memorys of their beloved child. What does she have? A lifetime to blame herself, second guess every decison she ever made while rasing him, the guilt & heartsickness, loss of her first born son, embarrasment, pain..........

So when the Dutch interviewer says that they did not pay Anita that's (technically) the truth but how does Anita get the money to pay for joran's lawyer? Did they forward the American networks payment OR - did the Dutch station pay the lawyer directly?:confused:

ABC directly interviewed Melody - but they're also saying that they licensed her diary.:confused:

Somehow I believe that Anita got this money. She has afterall, sent joran shirts and pants even though she's said she doesn't want anything to do with him anymore.

The way I understand licensing, jilly is this... The news agency doesn't pay someone directly for an interview. Ethics?? So the way around it is to pay for items, such as pictures, diary, etc. They pay BIG bucks for these things. That way they can say they didn't pay the person for the interview. They don't fool anyone with this slight of hand explanation, IMO.

Example: In the Casey Anthony case, The Anthonys' were paid huge amounts of money for 'never before seen' pictures of Caylee. Oh... and btw, they also got an interview - not at all related to the money they got for the pics. (Sarcasm)

Maybe someone can explain it better or correct me if I'm wrong.

Snipped from Anita's telegraaf interview, paper version.

„Toen Paul overleed, zijn we samengekomen in Arnhem om hem te cremeren. Mijn twee jongste zoons vlogen in vanuit de VS, waar ze studeren. Ik kwam uit Aruba, en Joran kwam weer ergens anders vandaan.”

translation;
When Paul died, we all got together in Arnhem to cremate him.
My two youngest sons flew in from the US, where they are studying. I came from Aruba and Joran came from somewhere else.

Little one is 13, living with mother. If he flew in from US, he must have traveled to US with older brother and then to Arnhem, while Mother perhaps took care of things on her own before funeral.

I used to be opposed to the paying for interviews practice but I have changed my mind over the last year or so. I no longer have any problem with it at all. Unless of course, the interviewee lies. Kinda of like Joran has done in the past.

ABC licensing Melody's diary, means they have bought exclusive rights to do with it as they please. Unsaid in all of that is that it also included an interview with Melody to talk about her experiences with Joran.

FOXnews paid a licensing fee for that 'chip' that Joran says was his father and himself talking about Natalee.

In this case, the Anita interview licensing, the money probably gets paid directly to the lawyer, from the production company. Or, to an escrow account, perhaps.

Its not a crime to send your son some shirts and pants.

As horrible as this is gonna sound.....I think it would be harder to be her, the mother of an alledged double murderer than the mother of a murder victim.

The victim's mother has tons of support and fond memorys of their beloved child. What does she have? A lifetime to blame herself, second guess every decison she ever made while rasing him, the guilt & heartsickness, loss of her first born son, embarrasment, pain..........

She has her child to see and touch and smell and hug, if she chooses. She can still talk to him and exchange feelings and ideas with him. She can have hope that he may someday turn his life around. She hasn't lost her first born son, he's still alive.

While I'm sure Natalee and Stephany's parents do have fond memories, they also have horrifc visions of how their child died and what they suffered in the process. They can no longer see, touch, smell and hug their child. They're robbed of watching their child grow into adulthood to see what they might have become and possibly marrying and have children of their own. Their children are no longer alive. They have NOTHING but their memories. And the kind of pain that will never, ever go away.

Nope, no comparison, IMO. None at all.

Oh please. Do we know how many gambling addicts are out there and yet don't commit brutal murders? And, yes, psychopaths are very good actors. Pulling the wool over even the best of therapists.

I am a recovering gambling addict here and the only thing I've ever wanted to kill was an ATM machine when it said "NO FUNDS AVAILABLE"!

I used to be opposed to the paying for interviews practice but I have changed my mind over the last year or so. I no longer have any problem with it at all. Unless of course, the interviewee lies. Kinda of like Joran has done in the past.

ABC licensing Melody's diary, means they have bought exclusive rights to do with it as they please. Unsaid in all of that is that it also included an interview with Melody to talk about her experiences with Joran.

FOXnews paid a licensing fee for that 'chip' that Joran says was his father and himself talking about Natalee.

In this case, the Anita interview licensing, the money probably gets paid directly to the lawyer, from the production company. Or, to an escrow account, perhaps.

Well this has just created a "reality show" atmosphere around the news IMO. People connected either directly or indirectly around a story are jumping out of the woodwork to put their two cents in about anything and everything just to get money. And most of the time they're either lying or embellishing for "ratings".

News should be just about the facts, and no one should be paid anything for their "opinion". Anything they have to say should be said to the POLICE for FREE. In this case, nothing either Joran, his mother, his girlfriend, his friend or any other person associated with JVDS has said has made one bit of difference or enlightened anyone about how this happened and why. We are also no closer to finding out about NH and never will be. But all of these people continue to make money off of the poor girl.

It's a disgrace IMO.

Thanks for your answer & the link. Sure hope you're right about them not having much clout.

You're welcome. Also, I know the Lori Berenson case is unrelated to this one but it's pretty scary stuff -- might give people an idea of how Peruvian justice is decided. There was no trial;three hooded judges decided her fate. Will it be the same for Joran VDS?

I am a recovering gambling addict here and the only thing I've ever wanted to kill was an ATM machine when it said "NO FUNDS AVAILABLE"!

Okay now that just made me actually laugh out loud. :rolling::rolling:

So what?

I hope she does visit him eventually. For her own sake.

If she does, it will be the hardest thing, IMO, she'll ever have to do. He will obviously try and twist not only his story, but her perception of it as well. Having been success in the past, it will be tremendously hard for Anita to put her emotions aside and stay focused on her own recovery (coming to light of the facts).

Nobody said it was a crime.
Thanks to you and everyone else for clarifying the subject matter!:)

Yes, she will have time to find all those answers to the many questions as to why; but, who's going to answer the ever searing question of why that NH and SF's family are surely asking. They can't find any of the answers they seek within themselves.

I'm sorry, Dolly... I know gambling can be a very serious addiction and I'm so glad you're in recovery. Good for you! But that was damned funny. :D

She has her child to see and touch and smell and hug, if she chooses. She can still talk to him and exchange feelings and ideas with him. She can have hope that he may someday turn his life around. She hasn't lost her first born son, he's still alive.

While I'm sure Natalee and Stephany's parents do have fond memories, they also have horrifc visions of how their child died and what they suffered in the process. They can no longer see, touch, smell and hug their child. They're robbed of watching their child grow into adulthood to see what they might have become and possibly marrying and have children of their own. Their children are no longer alive. They have NOTHING but their memories. And the kind of pain that will never, ever go away.

Nope, no comparison, IMO. None at all.

I agree, I can't imagine the torment knowing what their child's last moments alive were, how they were suffering, not being able to be there to save them. And Natalee's family still doesn't even have any answers, they are living a double nightmare.

The way I understand licensing, jilly is this... The news agency doesn't pay someone directly for an interview. Ethics?? So the way around it is to pay for items, such as pictures, diary, etc. They pay BIG bucks for these things. That way they can say they didn't pay the person for the interview. They don't fool anyone with this slight of hand explanation, IMO.

Example: In the Casey Anthony case, The Anthonys' were paid huge amounts of money for 'never before seen' pictures of Caylee. Oh... and btw, they also got an interview - not at all related to the money they got for the pics. (Sarcasm)

Maybe someone can explain it better or correct me if I'm wrong.

Well girl...I'll give it a shot... :waitasec: In a nut shell, literally...Kind of like a magicians slight of hand... The switch - a -roo trick... You put the ball under one of the 3 nuts and move them around and whaa-laaa....:croc:

You're welcome. Also, I know the Lori Berenson case is unrelated to this one but it's pretty scary stuff -- might give people an idea of how Peruvian justice is decided. There was no trial;three hooded judges decided her fate. Will it be the same for Joran VDS?

Hmmm... I've been wondering if it was the norm in Peru to use 'hooded judges' as I've seen referred to a few times here. This is what I've found:

On Lori Berenson's wikipedia page, it explains that her first trial in 1996 was "...conducted by a hooded military judge who spoke through a voice distortion apparatus (judges often concealed their identities to protect themselves from killings). "...publicly-known judges had been killed by the MRTA in the past. [The MRTA is] "an organization which had committed numerous attacks in attempting to overthrow the government."

So, I don't believe this is the norm, nor will Joran's judges be 'hooded'....if and when this ever gets to the trial stage.

But, boy, so far I've read of a prison warden being murdered and now judges...seems like a pretty tough legal system down there!!

So what?

I hope she does visit him eventually. For her own sake.

I hope she visits him also. I was just making the point she says she won't and I say she will. I have no problem with his mother. Did I give the impression that I do?
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member