NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zahra Baker's father arrested at airport
02:55 AEST Tue Oct 26 2010
3 hours 17 minutes ago

Zahra Baker's father has been arrested.

The father of missing 10-year-old Australian girl Zahra Baker has been arrested at a North Carolina airport.

Police in the Bakers' home town of Hickory, North Carolina, said they arrested Adam Baker at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Monday morning, but do not believe he was trying to flee the state or the US.

The charges were not related to Zahra's disappearance.

"We believe he was at the airport picking up relatives who were flying in from Australia," Hickory Police Department spokesperson Libby Grigg told AAP.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8112622/zahra-bakers-father-arrested-at-airport

I think the Australian news is way behind. It seems that this info. is incorrect.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-father-arrested-unrelated-charges/story?id=11964372

I wish we could get a confirmation and stop posting misinformation as it's just helping to spread bad info.

Do you think LE thought him going to the airport to pick up relatives was some kind of ruse to give him an opportunity to leave the state / country? I just think it's interesting timing, if they knew he was there just to pick them up why pick that moment? Maximum emotional pressure? Just thinking out loud. But there's got to be a reason behind that move.

So far, there has been no article that confirms anyone is actually in the USA from Austrailia. You would think that since Adam has been arrested, we would have heard by now that family is "officially" in Hickory.

We have had conflicting stories since this morning (USA EDT) regarding whether Adam was at the airport picking up relatives, or at the airport fleeing, or if Adam was at home and arrested.

No worries Patty, have not had a chance to catch up yet it's only 615am here. This is what they are saying in Australia though we know they are not accurate in their reporting.

Could be that he was at the airport, but it seems he was NOT arrested there. Where are the reporters in the field? Has anyone gone to the airport and talked to people who worked there? If he was there, he certainly wasn't there alone, somebody saw him. If LE went there, then they were seen too. I'm sure that wouldn't go unnoticed. Why hasn't anyone reported on that? Oh wait, cuz they're all too busy copying and pasting from one another....

I can't help but think of his mother who loved and cared for Zahra so much. I'm sure she loves her son very much, too, and flew 26 hours to get here and to see him. And then he is arrested before her eyes a minute later. That is a lot to go through for a mother and grandmother.

I thought the first possible flight-in was still 3 hours out at 3AM? :waitasec:

So far, there has been no article that confirms anyone is actually in the USA from Austrailia. You would think that since Adam has been arrested, we would have heard by now that family is "officially" in Hickory.

Perhaps they were taken in for questioning (background info) or they are accommodating the family member by keeping them out of the press. *shrug*

Yes good point, that is something the reporters would be all over.....OK so was he at home, at airport, picking up rellos, not? Hmmm ...

WOW! If she was brought to the search site today...sounds to me someone has been talking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jend1184