NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I do listen to NG not every night but often I learn about missing persons on her show and then come here.

BUT, I don't take anything she has reported on her show as the rock solid truth until I see it in print by MSM.

That's just me. I enjoy most about her show is the TH's and guests. I pay more attention to them.

I did enjoy the show tonight. Klaas was vehement and strident in the words he had for/about EB. I agree with him too.

Just my thoughts and how I process not only this crime show but others. JMHO.

Good show for Zahra. I'm so glad Zahra is getting this coverage!

Have the police administered lie detector tests to Adam and Elisa Baker? If so, did they pass or fail their tests?

Hickory Police have not released any information or commented on the investigation so far. They have said Adam Baker was answering questions. They also said Elisa Baker requested an attorney after the interview where she admitting writing the $1-million ransom note addressed to Mr. Coffey.

http://sandhills.news14.com/content/zahra_baker_case/zahra_baker_questions/

ETA I DO NOT KNOW WHEN THIS QUESTION WS POSED OR ANSWERED so if anyone can link to anything substiating reporting on CNN NG show tonite regarding polys - please link it to a source other than CNN

Until then I wil choose not to debate teh polys

And really I wish they would quit saying Zahra had disabilities, I dont believe Zahra thought she had disabilities, Zahra has ABILITIES that very few people have, the abilty to conquer what many cant or wont. Sorry here,

Absolutley right on with that. Overcame more than most adult can.

I'll be interested to see if they keep taking EB out every day on these little field trips around the county to various search locations. I really wonder how long this can go on.

Just speculating here, but could she be stalling them, hoping the body is found in such a state of decomp that an autopsy might not be conclusive on cause of death?? She might be thinking of claiming "natural causes", etc.
I think coroners are pretty sophisticated nowadays. If she broke any bones, that's going to be obvious no matter what.

Apologies if this is an old question, but I'll ask anyhow....lol

When the fire dept/police were called to the fire, and they saw the ransom note, why didn't they do a wellness check on the child?

I understand why the parents (and I use the term loosely) didn't check - they knew where she really was. But with a ransom note in hand and a fire started, I can't believe that LE didn't ask to see the child at that point.

If there HAD been an abduction, the police dept gave them hours to get away.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, forgive me if it has.

Another foul stench being investigated at this new search site:

the FBI has joined a separate search in bushland where local residents say a "bad" smell was present.

The new bushland search was taking place in Caldwell County and one local said she noticed a foul stench odour in the vicinity.

"I went down there a couple of weeks ago and it smelt awful bad," local MH told Charlotte TV station WCNC.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/missing-zahra-clue-as-stepmother-assists-police-20101027-172u6.html

The more I know people the more I love animals!
Sweet dreams Zahra!
No one can hurt you anymore.
:furious::furious:

I couldn't agree with you more. :) And I pray Zahra is in a much better place where she is free from suffering, happily playing with all the other children taken there before their time, and all the pets she wants. MOO

When the fire dept/police were called to the fire, and they saw the ransom note, why didn't they do a wellness check on the child?

I understand why the parents (and I use the term loosely) didn't check - they knew where she really was. But with a ransom note in hand and a fire started, I can't believe that LE didn't ask to see the child at that point.

they did a welfare check on the bosses daughter
the "parents" didn't mention a child
there is no indication anyone knew they had a child
no evidence in the yard that a child lived there
nothing in the vehicle that indicated a child lived there
neighbors had never seen her

By the time the contacted the boss and saw his daughter he didn't mention Z, but he likely assumed her parents had checked on her or was overwhelmed with concern that some lunatic had written a not threatening his children

I wonder if they would think to ask "by the way, is there anyone else at home?"

I almost wonder if, in that situation, I would ask that or just, as many of us do, feel that if there was another perosn at home, who happened to be a female child of the age of the purported kidnap victim the residents of the home would think to mention that.

I don't think I would think to ask, I think I would assume that everyone living there would be there to witness the hubbub, and most especially would expect a resident to pipe up about or check on a child in the home that was the same age and sex as kidnap victim.

Heads up for locals...parts of Catawba, Burke, Cleveland and Lincoln counties under new tornado warnings. Stay safe!

ETA: As of 9:10, all counties except Catawba removed from warning. Tornado is 12 mi SW of Hickory and will move into south-central Catawba in just a few minutes. If you are anywhere near that area, take cover now.

For anyone and everyone ...

Ok so what do you think of the pile of tree limbs they are seen going through on the NG show? They seem to be going through it piece by piece.
Wonder if AB had been working in that area?? I mean this is what he has been doing for a living and I find it odd they are all hovering over this pile of cut tree limbs.

they did a welfare check on the bosses daughter
the "parents" didn't mention a child
there is no indication anyone knew they had a child
no evidence in the yard that a child lived there
nothing in the vehicle that indicated a child lived there
neighbors had never seen her

By the time the contacted the boss and saw his daughter he didn't mention Z, but he likely assumed her parents had checked on her or was overwhelmed with concern that some lunatic had written a not threatening his children

But there was there was the passports they found,

Ok so what do you think of the pile of tree limbs they are seen going through on the NG show? They seem to be going through it piece by piece.
Wonder if AB had been working in that area?? I mean this is what he has been doing for a living and I find it odd they are all hovering over this pile of cut tree limbs.

I agree! Perhaps it turned out to be nothing, but at that point in time, all of them certainly seemed extremely interested in it. I was hoping Jean would address that while the video was running.

NG EB digging her own grave with her teeth.

TH: I get the sense there is a great deal of evidence.

NG: Is she leading them on wild goose chase

TH: The more she lies the more she leads them down the primrose path, lies will be presented to jury to prove she was trying to protect herself.

(TH: talking head, because I missed the name of who was talking)

On to case of 3 day baby boy killed by pitbull.

Kat, your NG hi-lites crack me up!!

or if the pile had an "off" or unnaturally formed look to it that caught their attention?

All good possibilities.

But there was there was the passports they found,

Do we KNOW KNOW the third passport was Zahra's or are we connecting dots? I haven't seen it reported in MSM but I do see where it is a most natural assumption.

Yes this was discussed but it's been threads and threads and threads ago. :)

Here are my thoughts about that:

1. Did AB/EB state they had a child living in that home when Fire responded?

2. Is it SOP to ask who lives in the home when the fire didn't involve the home and involved the yard and to ask/demand to physically see every single one? If they did, were the told by AB and or/EB that child was in bed asleep with stomach flu and they didn't want to disturb her?

3. The ransom note talked about the Boss's daughter, Boss and daughter reportedly at scene. Can't blame them for not asking about Zahra, Zahra wasn't named, Bosses daughter was...prolly focused on that.

Was it an oversight? Could have been, I dunno.

But IMHO it would have made no difference in Zahra's fate had the report come in a few hours sooner about her being missing.

IMHO her fate had already been sealed and she was deceased by the time of the 911 fire call. JMHO.

Do we KNOW KNOW the third passport was Zahra's or are we connecting dots? I haven't seen it reported in MSM but I do see where it is a most natural assumption.

We have no idea who's passports were consficated and taken into custody. The names on the passports are not on the search warrant IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592