GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that maybe they wanted to first remove him from an environment with other people, co-workers for example, and surrounds of which he was familiar and had the potential to cause violence or react unpredictably?

Taking him by surprise at the police station might be safer? As he wouldn't be expecting it, or prepared. Nor would it be a familiar environment to him, unlike his work place where he has the capacity to reach for a saw or metal bar for instance and try and attack someone if he freaked out. Mechanic's workshop would have lots of potentially dangerous equipment lying around. Just a thought.

Hit the nail on the head there I reckon. Or the cops could have been worried that by the time they got back to the Police Station which was 20 minutes away, it would be totally surrounded by hundreds of not-so happy locals ready for a game of baseball or cricket, with the young thugs head, and wanting to gut him like the slimy little fish that he appears to be.

I have put his pics up, but am thinking how to put up chats etc without identifying normal innocent people and keep the context there, pre murder crime era...

I love you guys cheers

You can always just put a black bar across their name and their pic....would be interesting to see actually! :)

Originally Posted by smbc
Hi, i have also been reading for a few days now, and have decided to post. I was just wondering surely if the police have been looking at him from the beginning why didnt they arrest him earlier. I know that they would be wanting large amount of evidence but if they knew they had blood, looked at his shoes, car etc, and saw that he had cuts up his arms why did they not arrest him then?

For purposes of self incrimination, Id imagine there were bugs (listening devices, cameras, as well as covert surveillance undercover cops hanging around) set up in every possible place he might go too or be with. Nothing like doing yourself in given the chance.

But the towns fear factor put an end to it. Often in crimes of passion they don't want the suspect thinking he is, so they are more relaxed and do stupid things to dig a hole deeper for themselves.:waitasec:

All we know about his past was that he moved from Scotland with his mother, he didn't have a father growing up.

He was in contact with Chantelle over Bebo, where Chantelle seemed a little flirty in her messages to him "*advertiser censored* here's some love", we know he seemed very angry and demanded to know who was in the photo with James and whether Chantelle was going out with James. (Turns out it wasn't Chantelle, it was a friend of hers in the photo).

We know he was an apprentice mechanic, he was studying at TAFE.

We know he was a bit of a nerd.

I don't see how any of this could really influence a jury very much, unless they were biased against Scottish people.

I understand what you are saying. I live within 30 minutes of Kapunda and know many of their friends etc. I assumed that this was the reason they dont want his name out there, we only know such little about him because of the suppression i believe. Most of Chantelles friends wont talk as they are afraid if they do he will be let of or get a shorter sentence. It it wasn't for the order more people will be talking about him and we would be hearing alot more, anyone who didnt like him could make stuff up and rumours would be happening alot more i believe. However Im sure no matter what he will not get let off if he is guilty. I have also heard the supression order was because they were still collecting evidence and researching his alibi.

Hi all, wow It has taken me ages to read all this, excellent stuff, thankyou so much all you little ferrets out there, its great. The lone guy checking out the wall, I do not think it is him (only by looks alone compared to known snaps of him). Looks bulkier, but those snaps we have are old, one of my boys is sim age and filling out. Thankyou also to all the locals giving up snippets too. Keep it up, Im over my blog, weighing up the yes publish everything debate to no, fair trial blah blah, my opinion is nobody these days gets off if the evidence is there.They have plenty, god look at USA they dissect every detail of a case before trial on TV live etc. Our crims have had it too good for too long behind these smoke screens, with old farts as judges who would not know what the internet was...Dinosaurs with ancient views that do not adapt.

I have put his pics up, but am thinking how to put up chats etc without identifying normal innocent people and keep the context there, pre murder crime era...

I love you guys cheers

Hi.I have been waiting for your latest update. You do seem to have a few people concerned about details you want to release.Perhaps you could post some of the details here instead??

He may have exactly pre planned and already worked out where and how to hide the weapon and he may of only needed a hour or so that night (early morning actually) to do it.

In my opinion people just dont start taking ICE or meth or whatever without having a history of smoking cannibis. Was he known to have smoked that?

Also i dont believe a first time user of ICE or meth would go and do that. I reckon you would have had to have known your reaction to it and known how it changes you to know how its going to affect you and if you will still be capable to do the murders and at least first do a 'practice run' taking the drug first and trying it out so you already knew how it would effect you and knew it gave you strength and you would not just be wobbling all over the place, then yeah after knowing what it does to you, then you would consider being on it to commit the crime.

Thats why i think it is very possible he may not have been on anything, especially if he has no history of any drugs.

He may have exactly pre planned and already worked out where and how to hide the weapon and he may of only needed a hour or so that night (early morning actually) to do it.

In my opinion people just dont start taking ICE or meth or whatever without having a history of smoking cannibis. Was he known to have smoked that?

Also i dont believe a first time user of ICE or meth would go and do that. I reckon you would have had to have known your reaction to it and known how it changes you to know how its going to affect you and if you will still be capable to do the murders and at least first do a 'practice run' taking the drug first and trying it out so you already knew how it would effect you and knew it gave you strength and you would not just be wobbling all over the place, then then yeah you would consider being on it to commit the crime.

Thats why i think it is very possible he may not have been on anything, especially if he has no history of any drugs.

Perhaps the person driving the white car took the weapon?

OK I just thought of something

What if the Dad walked in on them having sex? What happens after this I have no idea, but it would raise an interesting situation. Do we have any info on the fathers past? Could he have sliced up his daughter because he was ashamed of her? Could the accused have fought the machete off him and then killed him and a screaming mother?

That particular page has been deleted, and should not effect the case in any way. Digital images (screen shots of the page) as evidence are not the most submissable evidence in court, as they can be edited quite easily. If they were going to use the Facebook page as evidence, they would need a real copy of it. I guess they could have saved the web page to their harddisk, but even that can be edited quite easily.

I'm not sure how submissable the page would be to his defence.

When they say that social networking sites could affect the case, what I think they mean is that the jurors could be subject to these websites, and they would form an opinion on him before the trial, meaning he wouldn't get a fair trial. Not so much that they would use facebook as evidence. I think the only thing they would use as evidence for the case, is anything written by Chantelle or JD.

And a thought about the bleach.....if Andrew was a carpet cleaning, I'm guessing there might have been some cleaners and carpets cleaners around the house. Probably more so than yours or my house. Could have been mistaken early in the investigation that the killer brought it.

And a thought about JD's behaviour after the murders. If he WAS at the party the night before, maybe he thought 'Well if they find my DNA, my excuse can be that I was here the night before anyways."

would think that a machete or samurai sword (or similar) injury would leave more than scratches or cuts...I think stitches would be in order...

Not necessarily, i have had cuts before that should have been stitched up but never were. Once time i banged my knee on something and opened it right up but i couldnt be stuffed getting it stitched up, just cleaned it my self, and kept re-applying those big square patches every day or so to pull it together. I now have have a huge scar but it doesnt bother me.

So even if he had some cuts that really should have been stitched up there was no way in his mind he was going to get it done because within one or 2 days every hospital and medical place was on the look out for someone requiring medical assistance.

Remember that he had the weapon so at best the one of the family could have stuggled with him a little and pushed the blade onto his arms a bit, but i cant see that there would have been any great force behind it as he was the person in control of it.

Just my thought anyway.

I think the only thing they would use as evidence for the case, is anything written by Chantelle or {mod edit}.

Exactly what i was thinking

I do not know how there could be a second person eg waiting in the car. If there was second person they had to have been as much of a sicko as him and also good at keeping quiet and composed as if nothing happened.

We really need to know more about the white tray top. Someone has to know something. Everyone knows what cars their neighbours drive. Someone must have a neighbour who drives one of those 4WD's It could be unrelated though. If he lives not far from the Rowes house he may have just walked home which would be less obvious than a car arriving home at the early hours of the morning.

Did someone say he was best friends with chantelles boyfriend? And that she had only been going out with the new guy for a month.
That would end most friendships, were these boys still best friends?

Firstly, I highly doubt that her Dad would murder his daughter because he disrespected her. I think that you gotta be careful writing those kinds of things. Her Dad was murdered and that would be a terrible rumour to let out...

Secondly. I was the one who pointed out the thing on fb about him writing on the tribute wall. I believe that he has posted this under his mother's facebook page. I clicked on her page and it came up with things about Scotland. I'm guessing that it's his Mum anyway.

A few days prior to that comment, there is a comment from the lady again, it says something to the effect of "Chantelle you seemed like a lovely girl, and I told my son when you used to come over that you were special. Blah Blah, about being saddened.
Isn't it weird that his Mum posted on the wall, paying her respects, obviously not knowing her son was implicated. OR. Do you think the Mum knew from the start. Obviously was disgusted at her son, but had a feeling? I mean if my son was being questioned by police from day dot, and having things confiscated, I think as a mother I would know within myself that something was up...I would know if he was guilty or not.

I think she left her fb account open, hence him leaving a comment under her name.

I find it extremely creepy that he was stupid enough to think that leaving a fb commet on her tribute page under his mother's account, as well as having a profile picture of him and Chantelle, all the while knowing he was responsible for the sickening deaths. Sounds extremely twisted to me, and shows a lack of remorse and almost a degree of pride for doing it???

Tom when you say that the body was staged...what does that mean?

Firstly, I highly doubt that her Dad would murder his daughter because he disrespected her. I think that you gotta be careful writing those kinds of things. Her Dad was murdered and that would be a terrible rumour to let out...

Secondly. I was the one who pointed out the thing on fb about him writing on the tribute wall. I believe that he has posted this under his mother's facebook page. I clicked on her page and it came up with things about Scotland. I'm guessing that it's his Mum anyway.

A few days prior to that comment, there is a comment from the lady again, it says something to the effect of "Chantelle you seemed like a lovely girl, and I told my son when you used to come over that you were special. Blah Blah, about being saddened.
Isn't it weird that his Mum posted on the wall, paying her respects, obviously not knowing her son was implicated. OR. Do you think the Mum knew from the start. Obviously was disgusted at her son, but had a feeling? I mean if my son was being questioned by police from day dot, and having things confiscated, I think as a mother I would know within myself that something was up...I would know if he was guilty or not.

I think she left her fb account open, hence him leaving a comment under her name.

I find it extremely creepy that he was stupid enough to think that leaving a fb commet on her tribute page under his mother's account, as well as having a profile picture of him and Chantelle, all the while knowing he was responsible for the sickening deaths. Sounds extremely twisted to me, and shows a lack of remorse and almost a degree of pride for doing it???

Tom when you say that the body was staged...what does that mean?

OK I just thought of something

What if the Dad walked in on them having sex? What happens after this I have no idea, but it would raise an interesting situation. Do we have any info on the fathers past? Could he have sliced up his daughter because he was ashamed of her? Could the accused have fought the machete off him and then killed him and a screaming mother?

I think you may be a bit far off there. Chantelle was sick for 1.He does not seem the type that would slash up his daughter.From what I've read here is that Chantelle(god bless her) was happy with the current boyfriend(poor boy must be just shattered) I believe that at the party maybe he finally told her how he felt and she rejected him telling him she loved D..... The post that I heard she wrote to D.... on that fateful night may have set him over the edge.
My theory is that the dad heard him walk in,the accused panicked maybe thinking they were still away,attacked the dad,waking up mum and maybe Chantelle was hiding after hearing the above.By now the guys adrenanlin would be pumping and he had time to do the horrible things he apparently did.
He then went into shock,not worrying about the mess or the evidence left behind. He had a short walk home to clean himself up as his mother was surely asleep at this time.Still in shock he carried on normally. Just my thought

Not necessarily, i have had cuts before that should have been stitched up but never were. Once time i banged my knee on something and opened it right up but i couldnt be stuffed getting it stitched up, just cleaned it my self, and kept re-applying those big square patches every day or so tp pull it together. I now have have a huge scar but it doesnt bother me.

So even if he had some cuts that really should have been stiched up there was no way in his mind he was going to get it done because within one or 2 days every hospital and medical place was on the look out for someone requiring medical assistance.

Remember that he had the weapon so at best the one of the family could have stuggled with him a little and pushed the blade onto his arms a bit, but i cant see that there would have been any great force behind it as he was the person in control of it.

Just my thought anyway.

Exactly what i was thinking

I do not know how there could be a second person eg waiting in the car. If there was second person they had to have been as much of a sicko as him and also good at keeping quiet and composed as if nothing happened.

We really need to know more about the white tray top. Someone has to know something. Everyone knows what cars their neighbours drive. Someone must have a neighbour who drives one of those 4WD's It could be unrelated though. If he lives not far from the Rowes house he may have just walked home which would be less obvious than a car arriving home at the early hours of the morning.

I read on someone's facebook in regard to the accused that the whole town would know him as his house and car were on TV.

how did no one see him arrive or leave carrying a machette??

Hi, i have also been reading for a few days now, and have decided to post. I was just wondering surely if the police have been looking at him from the beginning why didnt they arrest him earlier. I know that they would be wanting large amount of evidence but if they knew they had blood, looked at his shoes, car etc, and saw that he had cuts up his arms why did they not arrest him then?

I'm thinking....his DNA results possibly took a couple of days before coming back. Which was probably when they arrested him, after the reults came back. Probably destroyed or hid his shoes somewhere. And probably didn't see the cuts/scratches on his arm until after he was arrested.

I think the police didn't want to arrest him straight away with the fear of possibly arresting an innocent person. But I guess the evidence pointing at JD starting piling up, and there was nothing more to do other than arrest him.

I would like to know when he changed his FB photo to the one of him and her? One of his 280 odd FB friends should be able to confirm that. Eg was it up before or after the murder?

how did no one see him arrive or leave carrying a machette??

It was in the middle of the night and the street was poorly lit. Most people would have been asleep then
He also could have had it tucked up under a jacket.

I also hope they had taken photos of the cuts on his hands/arms as evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member