GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's a piece of the puzzle that was missing.Thanks for that info.Yes does certainly sound suspicious.

You do realise that that was the neighbour's post & he was referring to not doing anything about phoning the police etc when he first suspected domestic violence? It wasn't a post made by the accused.

<modsnip: sleuthing minors>

I will look for the video again. maybe we are talking about different videos.

I will post a link when I find it.

Perfectly willing to believe it is his shirt we see though :)

When comparing the accused brother to him, I'm referring to the brother's fbook profile photos - they do look quite different. I'm convinced it's the accused at the shrine & this is backed up by fbook claims (now deleted) by friends of either the accused or CR that confirm he visited the shrine.

When comparing the accused brother to him, I'm referring to the brother's fbook profile photos - they do look quite different. I'm convinced it's the accused at the shrine & this is backed up by fbook claims (now deleted) by friends of either the accused or CR that confirm he visited the shrine.

Thanks ta001

Yes, I have looked at the video and it is the suspect.

That video was NOT the one I was thinking of. I was remembering the video of CR's brother visiting the shrine with family members.

2 different videos.

Not sure about number 13?

Three dead bodies were found at a house on 5 Harriet Street, Kapunda ...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/galleries/gallery-e6frecgc-1225949829510?page=57

A resident has told police the white traytop, believed to be a 1999 HZJ 75RP model, stopped outside 5 Harriet St, about midnight ...
http://www.crimecasefiles.com/forum/australian-crime-news/22843-three-bodies-found-at-kapunda-3.html

Oops sorry - just demonstrating how easy it is to post incorrect information that others may treat as fact, lol :blushing:

A couple of things have never sat right with me...firstly, the neighbour who didn't report the screams. Three people were being stabbed to death and fighting for their lives, surely this would sound a tad worse than just a domestic. The houses are so close together it fascinates me how all of this was done so quietly. I would think there should have been a hell of a lot of noise going on, especially if the suspect acted alone.

A lot of people eg myself are heavy sleepers. Phones ring, cars come, people knock on the door etc and they dont even wake me up!. I can also sleep with the TV or radio on in the same room. The Neighbour may have only heard the last little bit of the murders (could have just woken up or was watching TV and then hit mute). He may not have heard the full sound of the murders and could have only just heard the last bit.

For the record

Address is

5 Harriet Street, Kapunda

but if looking on Google maps, do not confuse it with LOT 5, which is across the road and a few blocks south.

A lot of people eg myself are heavy sleepers. Phones ring, cars come, people knock on the door etc and they dont even wake me up!. I can also sleep with the TV or radio on in the same room. The Neighbour may have only heard the last little bit of the murders (could have just woken up or was watching TV and then hit mute). He may not have heard the full sound of the murders and could have only just heard the last bit.

Yes, we should be very careful about criticizing this neighbor, he lives in a small town, I am sure many on here know who he is, and I am sure he wishes he had realized what he was hearing and called police. He did what most of us would do...assume domestic unfortunately. And like the police said, if he had gone to investigate himself he may have ended up as victim number four.

I cannot think where I read this, but it sticks in my mind that he was in his kitchen warming a baby bottle when he heard whatever he heard.

As I say, I don't remember where I read that but if it was true, then he was at the back of his house where the kitchen window has a very clear view of the Rowe's double sliding glass doors. You can see that detail very clearly on Google Streets.

Prsonally, I don't think he heard very much. Not enough noise to alarm him at the time anyway.

I will see if I can find where I got that baby bottle bit from.

They would have worried he was a danger to others, a flight and and/or a suicide risk.

Well if what the mother of the son in law said was correct, the police also didnt think he was a risk when they got the SIL to drive the accused to the station on the night of the arrest.

I would still like to find a copy of that article titled 'How police caught the accused' it was in Wednesdays or Thursdays Advertiser newspaper if i remember correctly. May be answers in there.

Hi Everyone - I am seeing a lot of posts referring to a brother and it seems the brother is a minor. If the brother is a minor, it is against TOS to sleuth him or put any info about him on these boards.

Please take a look at your posts and if you have referred to a minor, alert the post so that the mods will see it and edit it.

Websleuths takes sleuthing minors very seriously and continued posting of minor information will result in recommendations for time outs.

In addition, we are a victim friendly sleuthing site. WS considers friends and family of victims to be victims also, so please post accordingly.

Thanks!

Salem

Re the article that was on the newspaper banner.

I am suspecting it has been removed, perhaps at the request of police.

Searching google for "A TEENAGER has been arrested over the murder a week ago of three family members in South Australia's mid-north." produces a lot of "page not found" reports

Hi Everyone - I am seeing a lot of posts referring to a brother and it seems the brother is a minor. If the brother is a minor, it is against TOS to sleuth him or put any info about him on these boards.

Please take a look at your posts and if you have referred to a minor, alert the post so that the mods will see it and edit it.

Websleuths takes sleuthing minors very seriously and continued posting of minor information will result in recommendations for time outs.

In addition, we are a victim friendly sleuthing site. WS considers friends and family of victims to be victims also, so please post accordingly.

Thanks!

Salem

I believe the brother of the victim is older and not a minor. If you mean the brother of the accused, he is also older then the accused and the accused is 18.

You do realise that that was the neighbour's post & he was referring to not doing anything about phoning the police etc when he first suspected domestic violence? It wasn't a post made by the accused.

Yes thanks I was. I was just saying I can see why the police would have immediately searched the house due to the "something written on facebook"

Comparison of hair colour

I have taken the photo off of the accused's Bebo, and the screen capture of him at the shrine, and compared the colour of the hair.

Remember, in one of them he was outdoors, and the other he was indoors.
Because I got these photos off the web, I compared with #webcolours and the result was that they are a very close match indeed.

They both contain the same hex code #333333 in some pixels, though the one on the right also contains some darker hex code pixels. This is to be expected from an indoor photo vs an outdoor photo.

webcolours.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

It is quite possible that it's the same person.

I believe the brother of the victim is older and not a minor. If you mean the brother of the accused, he is also older then the accused and the accused is 18.

I was also under the impression the brother of the accused was the older brother. Can't confirm this though so will refrain from posting about him. Thanks for the reminder.

What she posted was very genuine and there were absolutely no contradictions. Which is probably why she isn't posting now. Probably got shut down by the police. She was angry at the police for putting her son in law in danger. She also seemed a little defensive as to why no one at work had suspected anything given his alleged relationship with the victim, the cuts on his hands and long sleeves covering his arm.

I am sure the mother of the SIL was on/posted last night. What she said seemed genuine to me.

In regards to the accused having two favourite tops that he wears a lot, I see nothing obsessive about that at all.

He is 18, only just finished study and begun employment, which is only an apprenticeship and probably pays little. His family may also be on a low income and he may have to pay for his keep now. He has a car and we all know how expensive they are, if the work place is 20 mins away then he would obviously pay a bit just in running costs. He has probably bought those few nice things with his money and is very proud of them and can't afford a whole wardrobe in the stuff. He's trying to be independent and probably doesn't want to go around looking like a scruff and thus wears them a lot because he feels they look good on him.

Personally, to me I see a kid that was trying to build a future for himself, so many kids at that age don't know what they want and have no direction. It's a shame it all went the way it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal