GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I didn't see that.

No, they aren't on Florence Blvd.

The only one on Florence Blvd. I can find is in Florence, Alabama.

From lostnmissing:

AMBER ALERT: Roanoke,VA VEH:Slvr DodgeNeon TAG:VA XKF2365 CHILD:12YO W/F 5FT0 100LBS Brown/Brown SUSPECT:32YO W/M 5FT11 265LBS Haz/Brown CALL 540-777-8641 *OR FLORENCE ALABAMA POLICE AT 256.760.6500 EXT 2 CRIME SCENE Amber Alert: Man abducts girl whose mother was killed

It gets confusing when so much, but so little, info comes in.

well, the rite-aid siting at 5:34 would have to of been this morning or sometime before today since it was posted on here today before 5:34 .... and most le use military time 17:34. does anyone know where the rite-aid that they were seen is at?

Not officially, but it's sounding like it's the Rite Aid in Florence, Alabama.

Store hours are 8am-9pm Monday-Saturday and 9am-9pm on Sunday.

The 5:34 would've had to be in the evening then.

I just spoke to the owner of the lostnmissing website who is going to verify the information. She stated the site gets automatically updated when police updates get emailed to them. She is also going to contact the police agency directly for confirmation. More updates to come.

Thank you TexasLil. I was JUST about to contact her...glad you beat me to it! :)

There are 2 Rite-Aids in Florence, Alabama...

1313 North Wood Avenue
Florence, AL 35630

2403 Florence Boulevard
Florence, AL 35630

My guess it is one of these, but for what it is worth there is a Florence, KY - right off major xpressways too. And we have Rite Aid's in Florence, KY. But Again, I imagine if they said Florence Blvd it is one of these in AL.

I live in Alabama and there were 3 billboards up for her today-- popped up overnight. I have a feeling this state is where they will be found.

I live in Alabama and there were 3 billboards up for her today-- popped up overnight. I have a feeling this state is where they will be found.

I'm so glad billboards are popping up. LE said at this afternoons presser that they plan to put them up immediately in several states (including West Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky, etc). Hopefully this helps bring Brittany home safe.

Still nothing on Florence AL scanner.

only Goats in the Road.... LOL

Is the camera very visible? Do you think he saw them?

I'm not sure if I would say it's very visible, but I noticed it because I was looking for it. It's right above the entrances and exits, which makes me wonder if the exit cam saw anything from behind. Common sense would be they would know they were there in all the entrances/exits, but at the same time, I don't know. Sometimes I'm in there and I totally forget about the cameras.

Updated: December 09, 2010 - 5:20 PM

ROANOKE, Va. (AP) - Authorities are ramping up their search for a missing 12-year-old Virginia girl by putting her picture on billboards in several states.
Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said Thursday that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is preparing to advertise the search for Brittany Mae Smith on billboards in North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, West Virginia and Ohio.

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/dec/...virginia-amber-alert-has-ties-east-ar-598039/

I'm so glad billboards are popping up. LE said at this afternoons presser that they plan to put them up immediately in several states (including West Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky, etc). Hopefully this helps bring Brittany home safe.

Nothing has still been mentioned in Ohio. I emailed the local news stations last night about the case and told them how the search has spread to Ohio and provided the link to her threads here, the most recent article, and the FB page. I got emails back from all of them this morning saying basically the same thing...that until they get information from LE about the possibility of them being in Ohio (what, the articles from LE aren't enough?), they won't run the story.

Nothing has still been mentioned in Ohio. I emailed the local news stations last night about the case and told them how the search has spread to Ohio and provided the link to her threads here, the most recent article, and the FB page. I got emails back from all of them this morning saying basically the same thing...that until they get information from LE about the possibility of them being in Ohio (what, the articles from LE aren't enough?), they won't run the story.

So local LE in Alabama has obviously received word because I am amazed at how much coverage Brittany is getting in my small town. State Troopers camped out at several intersections in town today as well, which is extremely unusual.

Hope this isn't a repeat.

Brittany Smith , 12 WANTED: JEFFREY EASLEY
POLICE DEPARTMENT UPDATE: PER LAW ENFORCEMENT THEY HAVE BEEN LAST SIGHTED
AMBER ALERT (update) Brittany Mae Smith, 12 and abducter JEFFREY EASLEY, 32 (VA - Florida)

IN FLORENCE AT THE *RITE-AID* AT FLORENCE BLVD AT 534PM HE CAME ALONE THE GIRL WAS NOT THERE* *BUT LOST THEM* *LOOK FOR A 2ND VEHICLE A RED FORD OR DODGE PICKUP WITH A VIRGINIA PLATE

http://lostnmissing.posterous.com/am...e-smith-12-and

Please note. The message was provided to me by a friend who is in law enforcement and it is very possible that either the information was incorrect or was not to be publicized. I have not been able to reach him for verification so I removed it from the Posterous site. Sorry if I caused any confusion and I thank TexasLil for bringing this to my attention. Thank you.
Cynthia, Pres/Founder LostNMissing Inc

I just spoke to the owner of the lostnmissing website who is going to verify the information. She stated the site gets automatically updated when police updates get emailed to them. She is also going to contact the police agency directly for confirmation. More updates to come.

Thank you, again, Lil. I will update the moment I am able to reach him.

So local LE in Alabama has obviously received word because I am amazed at how much coverage Brittany is getting in my small town. State Troopers camped out at several intersections in town today as well, which is extremely unusual.

IMO, that's to be expected since he has connections to AL. Including Ohio just seems completely random to me. They could be anywhere, true, but they could very easily be somewhere outside of the search states. Is there any way to get news out on a national level?

Please note. The message was provided to me by a friend who is in law enforcement and it is very possible that either the information was incorrect or was not to be publicized. I have not been able to reach him for verification so I removed it from the Posterous site. Sorry if I caused any confusion and I thank TexasLil for bringing this to my attention. Thank you.
Cynthia, Pres/Founder LostNMissing Inc

Thanks, Lavanda!

Obviously if this was seen at a Rite-Aid store, then there would be video footage from inside the store. LE would then also know what he was buying.

If the message was provided to you by a friend in LE, I would certainly pay attention to it. The friend would have no reason to mislead, IMO.

Anyway, thanks!

IMO, that's to be expected since he has connections to AL. Including Ohio just seems completely random to me. They could be anywhere, true, but they could very easily be somewhere outside of the search states. Is there any way to get news out on a national level?

Nancy Grace, Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell, Americas Most Wanted..shows like that are national, with lots of viewers.

I'll start emailing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member