GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they didn't park in a storage unit.... get cold and the run the car to stay Warm..... :cry:

I got the AA via e-mail and text last night. It's also up on an electronic billboard a few blocks from my neighborhood. But, on the billboard, they just list the car license tag and nothing about it being a VA tag. If I didn't already know about this case, I would just assume it's a car with a FL tag they are looking for.

I don't know who to contact to get this updated. Any ideas?

call the FDLE Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse toll-free number at 1-888-356-4774.

A friend with SAR sent me this reply when I asked about why Amber Alerts don't go national:

Amber alerts are typically released to limited states where they believe the offender may travel. Most of the Virginia alerts do not go out of state.

It makes sense. When we're bombarded with stuff from every state, we tend to filter out a lot and might miss the stuff that's important for our own area.

Local news out of central Ohio seems focused on the missing Skelton boys in Michigan/Ohio border. I have heard Fox News (national) running this story though.

Same thing here in the Dayton area.

When someone mentioned Shasta Groene, I had go google the case b/c that was before my WS days... In reading it, I found an article about the waitress who recognized Shasta in a Denny's restaurant.

In light of the Amber alert and Brittany being missing and out there somewhere, I thought I'd share the article I read about the waitress and the role she played. It sure has inspired me to be more vigilant about Amber Alerts and also taking a chance when part of yourself (or someone else, maybe) is saying 'oh I'm sure that's not that missing child' -- because it just may be:

http://articles.cnn.com/2005-07-02/us/deahn_1_restaurant-workers-coeur-d-alene?_s=PM:US

call the FDLE Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse toll-free number at 1-888-356-4774.

TY! I called and asked them to update the billboards to show it's a VA tag.

SBM
Jeff Easley...has family in Marshall County and lived in north Alabama for several years...Court records indicate Easley and his former wife purchased a home off Graceson Street in Albertville but the couple sold the house in 2009 during a divorce.
Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis says Easley was arrested at A&B Wrecker in February 2006 for disorderly conduct when he was found behind the fence trying to take back his vehicle after it had been towed.
Albertville police say they also arrested Easley.
"That was in February of '06. He apparently had interfered with an officer's ability to do an investigation on an incident," explained Albertville Police Chief Benny Womack.
Although there were claims of domestic violence, Chief Womack says he's unaware of any domestic calls to Easley's home while the couple was married.
—http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=13647919
Marshall County, AL

That's exactly what the article says

I think they're right...he's got friends and/or family helping him. I bet he's got a great story about walking in and finding TS dead, then taking BS with him because he feared for her safety.

I think they're right...he's got friends and/or family helping him. I bet he's got a great story about walking in and finding TS dead, then taking BS with him because he feared for her safety.

That may have worked initially, but at this point, unless they're deaf, dumb, and blind, they know what happened...unless they never watch TV or check on the internet. Of course, there's always the possibility that those helping (if they are) were threatened by JE. But then I have to think that there's got to be some opportunity to notify LE...at work, late at night, while running errands. Something. But then again, maybe they don't want to notify authorities because they did find out what happened and fear being charged with aiding and abetting...or they just care nothing about the situation and want to help this lunatic for whatever reason.

That may have worked initially, but at this point, unless they're deaf, dumb, and blind, they know what happened...unless they never watch TV or check on the internet. Of course, there's always the possibility that those helping (if they are) were threatened by JE. But then I have to think that there's got to be some opportunity to notify LE...at work, late at night, while running errands. Something. But then again, maybe they don't want to notify authorities because they did find out what happened and fear being charged with aiding and abetting...or they just care nothing about the situation and want to help this lunatic for whatever reason.

It could have gotten BS out of the house to use that excuse. His family may be the type that believes his tall tales and he may have said the cops were setting him up...it wouldn't be the first time someone used that story!

Please note. The message was provided to me by a friend who is in law enforcement and it is very possible that either the information was incorrect or was not to be publicized. I have not been able to reach him for verification so I removed it from the Posterous site. Sorry if I caused any confusion and I thank TexasLil for bringing this to my attention. Thank you.
Cynthia, Pres/Founder LostNMissing Inc

Yes. It was valid information from a PD call that was not released to the public until a short while ago. My contact verified it and said it was now public.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=13648287
After the amber alert aired on our newscasts Wednesday evening, Florence police responded to a possible sighting at the Rite Aide off Florence Boulevard.

Police say a man contacted them after he encountered someone matching the suspect's description while doing some shopping inside that store. However, he also said no one was with the man.

If there is a sighting, I doubt they would be seen together. It's easier for them to get away with it if there's just one person. I wonder where BS would be though? With an accomplice, alone in the car, or tied up somewhere? I think he'd be to afraid that she'd run off if he left her alone...

On NG right now...basically giving info that was known days ago with the exception of the false sighting at the gas station today.

If there is a sighting, I doubt they would be seen together. It's easier for them to get away with it if there's just one person. I wonder where BS would be though? With an accomplice, alone in the car, or tied up somewhere? I think he'd be to afraid that she'd run off if he left her alone...

It would depend on how badly he's messed with her mind. He may have her afraid to try to get help, especially if she knows/saw what happened to her mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k.e.williams