GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #8

Bi Polar? Well I guess any person who is addicted to drugs could be also classified as bi polar. LOL

I'm not saying it's a logical defense. I'm just saying that, after reading his response to the divorce papers, I could see him using it. I could see him claiming that TS was into illegal activities (probably drugs), ended up owing people money, and they took retribution on her. He came in, found her that way, was concerned that they'd return for BS so he took her, did what he needed to do to get the money to get her 'as far away as possible,' and hit the road....all to keep BS safe.

I just can't imagine what other sort of defense he could possibly use that would absolve him of both kidnapping and murder. He claims he's not a danger to himself or others, so I seriously doubt they'll use an insanity defense.

JMO.

I know FaerieB, I was just expanding on your thought. It will be interesting to see what his excuse will be. Using children in life for his own gain or purposes seems to be high on his list; but agree, blaming the dead wouldn't be against his mores either. I could see him trying to portray TS as a bad mother and influence over BS.

I hope it's just that I have cabin fever and have watched too much TV...but I have a bad feeling that, after the holidays, this case is going to take a very ugly turn. Too many little details are adding up to one big, terribly unsavory picture in my feeble little mind.

I am not ready to "go there" based on the theories and impressions of someone who supposedly used to share an office with TS and has no other special knowledge of this case than any of us do. I have my own interpretation of what has ocurred, she has hers.

Just because she knew TS and shared an office at some point in the past with her does not to me indicate any special insight into the relationships and dynaminc in the Smith family home.

I've edited my comment. But I've not changed my mind. I really, really hope that I'm wrong.

I hope it's just that I have cabin fever and have watched too much TV...but I have a bad feeling that, after the holidays, this case is going to take a very ugly turn. Too many little details are adding up to one big, terribly unsavory picture in my feeble little mind.

I completely share your bad feeling about this case! Hope we're wrong!

Has the post you had referenced already been yanked? I couldn't find it on the wall.

I completely share your bad feeling about this case! Hope we're wrong!

Has the post you had referenced already been yanked? I couldn't find it on the wall.

Her relationship to mom is on the "case" page...her thoughts about the situation are on her own page which is not private.

I've edited my comment. But I've not changed my mind. I really, really hope that I'm wrong.

I am sorry Lysistrata, I am not the boss of you and certainly was not intending you should not have posted what you read (unless a mod asked you to edit). I sure hope you didn't edit yourself on my account. We are all entitled to our own opinions and while yours may differ from mine I respect it nonetheless.

YEah, the mugshot is disturbing to put it mildly. That is one chilling look.

The three white and the clown makeup thread comes to mind.

I am sorry Lysistrata, I am not the boss of you and certainly was not intending you should not have posted what you read (unless a mod asked you to edit). I sure hope you didn't edit yourself on my account. We are all entitled to our own opinions and while yours may differ from mine I respect it nonetheless.

It's OK...I edited the post myself (no one asked/told me to). I had second thoughts but not on the basis of your post. I respect your opinion too...and so hope that mine is wrong.

Has anyone seen this? The facebook discussion page now has a section of "questions about Jeff Easley" that are supposedly being answered by "someone" who knows him very well.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=166986730003941&topic=287

As we all know this "information" can't be verified/confirmed; let us for a moment "pretend" all this information is accurate...

(warning- sarcasm may be evident:innocent:)

So, JE wanted custody of BS based on parental neglect on Tina's part??

Seriously???:banghead: I can just imagine what that case would sound like...

JE: Uh, Judge? Well, I'd like to petition the court for custody of this 12 year old girl, based on the fact that her mom is mourning the death of her son. I think she should have snapped out of this blue funk, oh- maybe a week or two later cause hey!~ 'ya can't change what happened, right?

Judge: And what makes you think you would be the optimal caretaker for this child?

JE: Well, I DO have a criminal background, I've been in jail, I'm bi-polar but take my medicine when I feel like it, been divorced twice because I threatened the lives of those two ladies. Guess that's why they have restraining orders out on me...:waitasec: I don't have a job, health insurance, a home nor do I know if I'll ever have these things. I know BS also has a real father, but why should that matter for my request? In my mind, I'm the best parental figure for this child. My criminal background is nothing compared to her mom not laughing and talking like she once did with BS. Now mourning the loss of a child...that's bad stuff, very scary and dangerous for a young girl. So just give her to me and she'll be fine!

Really? Did he think this was possible with any stretch of the imagination?

* these are the moments I must recall the great wisdom that came from my dear mother* : "Why are you expecting rational behavior from an irrational person"? (my favorite "Mom wisdom" :crazy:)

~Mish

has anyone else grown kind of frustrated with the facebook group?

I'm definitely concerned about the information that is being put out on the internet, with no verification other than "I know these people and I have verified they are who they say they are. Trust me." What? No.

Could this damage LE's case against him in any way?

It feels too voyeuristic to me. And some of the admin's comments make the hair on the back of my neck prick up.

Agreed georgia, but I haven't noticed this case or the unconfirmed internet rumors being any worse than the usual garbage associated with a high profle case. I tend to take all that carp with a liberal serving of salt IYKWIM.

Each time I happen across one of those sites it makes me all the more thankful for this one, where facts and reasoned respectful speculation rule the day, not anything-goes-itis, as seems to be the norm elsewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back