TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all of those the killer and the victims were known to each other-I still didn't see one who killed for the simple pleasure of it such as what we are seeing in this case.
Even Karla Holmolka killed for her boy friend.
Yes women kill no one is denying that-baby farmers, gang members or women out for revenge are not in the same league as this woman.

Yes, I think most of the women killers we see regularly do tend to kill intimate acquaintances, or, when stranger abductions, for the amusement of a boyfriend (though I am fairly sure Homolka was far from a shrinking violet in that duo).

The British killer Mary Bell, who killed two small boys a couple years apart and also mutilated them, is a fairly good example of the kinds of female killers we usually don't see as often.

I thought some people walking a dog found his body, not knowing what they found? Or am I mixed up with the other bodies found on Tuesday...:(

Maybe she called Jonathan's mom just to make sure she was physically still at work and would not be back at the complex at any moment? Who knows...

the body found by the dog was the poor person floating in buffalo bayou. not jf but they were both called into le about 9:30am tuesday. then the little girl was found a few hours later the same day.

BBM above.... being that she was a boxer, I wonder how much traveling she did going to matches and stuff ..... That sketch does resemble her.

Your comments and Reannan's intrigued me, so I looked up the Lane Bryant murders. MN does resemble the sketch of that suspect. And yesterday on an earlier thread a WSer wasn't sure if the video of the person getting into the car with the Houston detectives was a woman or a man. And the fact that the Lane Bryant killer tied up the 6 women in a back room and spent almost 40 minutes in the store and executed 5 of them (one survived) seems in line with what is coming out about the manner JF was abducted and killed. Gave me an eerie feeling about possible connection. MOO.

Check out this article from the Chicago Tribune from last January on the two-year anniversary:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...dek-chiuso-lane-bryant-killer-jennifer-bishop

Detectives investigating the case went to Texas twice following leads!

actually a passing motorist found it

A passing motorist spotted what looked like a body in a ditch Tuesday along a toll road feeder road in north Houston and several miles from the missing boy's home. A security camera outside a manufacturing plant captured an image of a silver pickup truck stopping and a woman dumping a body. Police questioning Nelson found she owned such a truck. Confronted with the video, "She admitted

http://www.elpasotimes.com/texas/ci_16973024

I understand that the dispatcher was told hey I just drove by Rolled Alloy and I think there is a body in the ditch, But since part of his body was in the drain pipe and part was out I have a hard time beleiving that a passer by spotted it, But I can totally see MN calling LE and saying just that.

Regarding the Lane Bryant murders in Illinois, I am not aware of any verified connection between MN and Illinois, but there IS a connection between the Lane Bryant murders and Texas. There was a church that was investigated that had relocated to Austin, Texas:

"Investigators came to Texas to talk to former Embassy members who
moved here to start a new church, including the pastor and proprietor
of the church, George Aja Jr., 44. Several church members followed Aja
from the Joliet area to Austin in 2005. The church he incorporated
here, Embassy Nation Network, briefly leased space in an industrial
park, but the church now appears to be out of business."

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2008-08/msg00036.html

I'm guessing you're in Spring? I have family off Louetta & 45. I'm tempted to drive by the place where Jonathan was found & take pics tomorrow.

I am in spring! Spring cypress area. I thought about heading out there as well. This is too close to home!

This is a very sick individual. She wanted to identify Jonathan's mother.The visit to Angela's home later in the day could have been for multiple reasons. This person probably enjoys seeing a mother/family devastated by a missing child and feels something like a gratification that she was the cause of that.

Since apparently she knew the family, it seems like she should have known that his mother's name was Angela without having to ask.

The horrible details were too much for several detectives who struggled to keep from crying.

What police say about 44-year-old Mona Nelson is disturbing. Det. Miller, who interviewed Nelson, held back tears as he described her.

"She is a cold, soulless murderer who showed an absolute lack of remorse in taking the life of Jonathan Foster," Det. Miller said. "She decided when the time was right and she swooped down and took him when she saw the time was right, and she saw an opportune moment."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

I haven't seen any video with SE, the roommate, in it. Are there any photos of her? Has she made any statements as to her relationship with MN?

Your comments and Reeann's intrigued me, so I looked up the Lane Bryant murders. MN does resemble the sketch of that suspect. And yesterday on an earlier thread a WSer wasn't sure if the video of the person getting into the car with the Houston detectives was a woman or a man. And the fact that the Lane Bryant killer tied up the 6 women in a back room and spent almost 40 minutes in the store and executed 5 of them (one survived) seems in line with what is coming out about the manner JF was abducted and killed. Gave me an eerie feeling about possible connection. MOO.

Check out this article from the Chicago Tribune from last January on the two-year anniversary:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...dek-chiuso-lane-bryant-killer-jennifer-bishop

Detectives investigating the case went to Texas twice following leads!

Wow..that looks just like Mona.

I live in The Woodlands---North of Houston but work in Greenspoint which is right near where Jonathan was abducted & found. I agree, that area of town you don't stop in...at least everyone I know doesn't. Greenspoint is also known as Gunspoint...

Hiya neighbor...I missed this earlier...I'm in The Woodlands too!

sorry o/t - Unless Dilliard's Outlet is having a sale!

Brilliant Kimmer!!! Why had I not thought of this already??? It is odd that we have heard nothing from the individual who found the body. In normal situations, I would have expected media to at least have a sentence along the lines of "a worker traveling to work noticed the body" ir something like that - nothing, nada, zip. It would fit perfectly with what my evolving thoughts are of MN and this tragic case.

I do remember in some of the media reports, they said that a worker spotted the body in the early part of the working day. Sad to say I have no idea where to look to find it. Too many links, my brain can't take any more.

Below is a link to the Lane Bryant mass murder case and suspect sketch. Even though there is no link to Ill. so far, the sketch is the first thing that came to mind when LE said their may be other victims. LE theorizes this was a robbery gone bad.

Just sayin....

http://www.tinleyparkpolice.org/LB_homicide.htm

I'm way behind here but I just wanted to point out that there is a link to Chicago for MN, but it was in 2003. But what that means is that she has BEEN to Chicago at one time so who knows if she didn't pay another visit.

Although she was arrested sometime in 2008 for assault on a family member in Texas. Guess we'll have to check out the dates.

JMHO
fran

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5949113&postcount=370"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann