TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple months ago I accidentally texted my husbands work number instead of cell after about 3 hours i got a message back saying something along the lines of "Undeliverable-check to see if this is a landline" we have verizon.

A friend and I had a long conversation about what we had done to offend another friend, since he wouldn't answer any of our texts over some plans we had coming up, and it turned out he didn't have texting on his phone. I had assumed it would be something like the email message you get back when an email addy is no good, but apparently not.

I got the impression that Uncle was HDs uncle, a brother of CD? IIRC

Shawn's uncle, Matt Taggart

ETA: sorry, I got that incorrect. It's her maternal uncle, Roger Ostrander.

Roger Ostrander, Hailey Dunn's maternal uncle, said that he and Adkins were discussing Hailey's disappearance. Ostrander said he could not believe that anyone could hurt a 13-year-old girl, to which Adkins replied that such a thing would be "like killing a deer."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/inconsistenciesstrange-145hobbies/

OT... I have a thirty minute drive home and I'm sure thread #33 will be started by then. I wonder what the WS record is for number of threads before a forum was opened?

Investigation narrows in case of missing Texas cheerleader

City Manager Pete Kampfer, who serves as spokesman for the police, told CNN Wednesday there are other persons of interest but "there are more things that relate" to Adkins. He would not provide specifics.

snip

Asked about the 911 calls, Kampfer said, "They add to the case against Shawn."

snip

Investigators, meanwhile, continue to work through leads. "It's a smaller circle," Kampfer said of the evidence.

"We are growingly concerned about her status," he said of Hailey.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/19/texas.missing.cheerleader/

So the phone didnt ping at home. hmmmmm jmo Also its possible MB didnt have texting activated because mine costs extra a month. Maybe thats why she never texted back . Hailey would have known that .

Red BBM - WOW, that rings a GREAT BIG bell...Just like in another case (as said by CA).

Yeah, don't find that body that can prove murder. Look there not here. Listen to Billie not LE. Listen to Billie....listen to Billie.

dang... just went to order pizza for the searchers and find a gazzillion more posts to catch up on.

the collective webseuth mind is amazing!

((so his lawyer has spoken now.... sorry dude... day late... dollar short... read the affidavits... better yet don't ask your client if he is guilty...))

So the phone didnt ping at home. hmmmmm jmo Also its possible MB didnt have texting activated because mine costs extra a month. Maybe thats why she never texted back . Hailey would have known that .

I didn't see that anywhere...? Does it say it didn't ping at home? Maybe i missed it....Thanks. :)

dang... just went to order pizza for the searchers and find a gazzillion more posts to catch up on.

the collective webseuth mind is amazing!

((so his lawyer has spoken now.... sorry dude... day late... dollar short... read the affidavits... better yet don't ask your client if he is guilty...))

BBM

A good lawyer NEVER asks

OT... I have a thirty minute drive home and I'm sure thread #33 will be started by then. I wonder what the WS record is for number of threads before a forum was opened?

Huh. Kyron Horman only had 17 threads before it was made a forum...33 has to be a record...

I didn't see that anywhere...? Does it say it didn't ping at home? Maybe i missed it....Thanks. :)

We dont know where Billies phone pinged. If that text points to Shawn as LE said thats the only thing I can think of.

It is an interesting theory you have. I would like to point out, for whatever its worth that the friend of mine, whom I am patiently waiting for the rest :innocent: stated he picked up deception from grandma. I personally agree. After watching the interview, I think much of what she said regarding SA was self-serving. She doesn't like the guy, never has. Can't say that I blame her, but her comments weren't helpful.

That being said, I don't think it has an impact on your theory. I have always thought that BD was struggling with issues with SA. Unless you're the "I'll rip your head off if you come near my kids" attitude, it would be hard to deal with someone whom you once cared about who is now threatening you and your kids. Many feel quite powerless. I don't want to get into the debate of all the "what she shoulda, coulda and what I woulda if I were in her shoes" stuff. I want to focus on theories and possible leads- and I think yours is a good one.

Wow, I'm glad that someone else besides me picked up on that! The grandma just didn't come across as very believable to me. Not to mention that she said she was told this happened when Hailey was 11. She mentioned nothing recently. Does anybody here think a guy would wait for 2 years to do something if he is that depraved??

We dont know where Billies phone pinged. If that text points to Shawn as LE said thats the only thing I can think of.

I thought they said the 911 calls don't help him any - I didn't see anything about the text on Monday being connected to Shawn in that article. Can you find the quote - I don't see it. Thanks!

ETA: Not trying to pick at the issue, but I think that would be a HUGE deal if LE is saying the text is connected to Shawn. JMHO.

I don't know if we can ever sleuth her, can we? CZ also said that HD walking with this child directly conflicted with this persons statement to LE. I wonder if when she was talking about someone's house being search two times and we thought she meant the hairdresser, IF she instead meant the parent to this child. IF she was referring to CD's g/f.....then she was saying that CD's house has ALSO been searched twice.

I don't see the Clint house.. shoot! he begging to take LTD and still hasn't.

I see three possibilities
ML- friend of Clint who also a sex offender. could have 7 years old
MB's mom and dad-
Sex offenders is know by the familes????

IIRC, Billie's brother reported the deer analogy. SA's uncle attested to the "gentleness" of his nephew.

Uncle gives new meaning to subjective opinion ...

Wasn't it SA's mom and SA's uncle who gave him his alibi that day after he left work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ