TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NYE party and confirmation of it WAS a party or it WASN'T a party - just family there for support. I wonder where DD was on NYE - he probably stayed home and maybe he had a few things to say about NYE in that house?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that when LE returned the car - was it the cigarette lighter from the car (the one that plugs in) or just like a regular bic lighter - I think it said "blue" so that would make it a separate blue ciggy lighter. Wonder what they found on that?

I have a former friend that is terrible with money management. She never knew what was in her account at any time, and had so many overages I think the bank finally closed her account and they wouldn't open a new one until she paid the charges on the old one. I think Billie is terrible with money, didn't bother to check her balance regularly, keep good track of purchases and checks and the like, and so she had no idea how much money was in that account. Some people are just bad with money like that, which is a big reason why they are usually broke all of the time.

Oh, I could easily believe she's no financial wiz. But she did have a cell phone, and most banks have an automated line that will give you your account balance.

Do we know what days of the week Billie has off? If she works 12 hour shifts, seems to me she must have at least three, maybe even four. Have we heard this? :waitasec:

I'm still really bothered with BD's message to HD. "Remember that my phone is with the Police so if you want to call me call 911."

I mean seriously WTH?? Can somebody clue me in? If the Police have the phone then if she calls it the Police will answer. As would be the case (kinda) if she called 911.

Was that a cryptic telegraph to SA not to text to that phone? IDK. Too wierd.

The police are NOT answering the phone. Billie has called it several times to check and it goes to voicemail. That bothers me a little.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
yall crack me up ! This is dry West Texas area, very little rain, and TMK you have to have wet lands to grow any supplemental crops ! This is Cotton and Cattle country. JMO
If you can grow cotton - then you can grow. And I'm not saying BIG HUGE 100's of plants crops. But just a little patch - fairly close to the house so you can water frequently. It happens a lot more than you think.

Oh, I could easily believe she's no financial wiz. But she did have a cell phone, and most banks have an automated line that will give you your account balance.

Yes, but she would have to call the number for the automated line and select the option to hear her balance. I don't think she was into checking her balance on a regular basis, just hoping money was there and would come out of the ATM when she needed it. That's how some people "check their balance".

That statement has bothered me since I first read it. Why didn't she just check the balance before making a withdrawal? Do ATMs exist that won't give you an account balance? If so, I would think they would be the ATMs inside of stores, and I thought they were at a bank.

Snipped by me

Some have suggested BD is not the smartest person. Maybe she doesn't know how to check her balance? Some people don't. Every bank is different and every atm is different. They don't all work the same and mayber hers requires a sequence of steps to get to her balance and she doesn't know how to do that. And BTW many banks don't charge fees for transactions if you are at your own bank. Mine doesn't. So one or 50 transactions would make no difference there is no charge if I were making them at MY bank.

Just an idea.

The police are NOT answering the phone. Billie has called it several times to check and it goes to voicemail. That bothers me a little.

My guess is, they see her number, think oh, it's just Billie, and don't answer. Now if some number came up that they didn't recognize, they'd answer, I'm sure.

It is difficult to understand why BD replies to things differently than would be "normal" but if you look at her personality type she is an overview person. She doesn't concentrate on details about everything in life. There are overview people and detail people. Obviously most of us who like to analyze things are detail people. If I speak to someone I'm curious about all the details. I could tell you exactly what was said, what was worn, the weather outside, the time of day etc. I live in details. I know many people who are overview. They don't ask questions, they don't retain details because their mind never focuses on them. They think in a very different way than detail people. So when we analyze BD she is a true overview person. She can't remember most things because she doesn't concentrate on them. Many overview people don't express themselves well, don't give answers to questions without multiple ways of asking. Just think about the people we know and you will be able to put people in either catagory. I don't believe BD did anything to HD nor do I believe she knows what happened. SD is a manipulator that is why he is attracted to BD and he has done many, many things in the relationship that BD would never have noticed. Manipulators walk all over overview people. BD's plea on NG last night about HD calling 911 was an attempt to do what MK wanted her to do. She looked away because she was going to start crying, it was a natural way to shut down for a second to gather herself, so that she could not cry. I don't believe she is guilty at all.

$60.00 and $80.00 right? don't remember if it was in that order though..Even THAT seems so suspect to me if it was 2 transactions from the same acct..her reasoning doesn't even make sense to me..

I have done this same type of thing MANY times. I live check to check, I'm usually pretty low on cash. I also rarely use my checkbook, so don't keep my account balances running in there. I generally have a good idea of what I have in my account, but I'm not always near a pc to check my statements online.

That statement has bothered me since I first read it. Why didn't she just check the balance before making a withdrawal? Do ATMs exist that won't give you an account balance? If so, I would think they would be the ATMs inside of stores, and I thought they were at a bank.

So confused . . . I'm cursed with the desire to make sense out of everything, and it just isn't working with this case. Trying to apply logic to the "facts" makes my head hurt. :truce:

quote snipped by me

eta - Velouria beat me to it!

It just doesn't ring true at all! ..and I am cursed with that same desire..and nothing here makes sense. I know it may not sound like it..but I don't have it in for Billie, I would love to be able to believe that she just was one of the most gullible persons on earth..but I don't..and when I really think about it I have to ask..what are the odds of ALL these things being coincidence?..add to that the lying and misleading statements that she has made..and why do I feel like she just as well be wearing a neon sign saying *look at me* but I'm supposed to ignore it..<sigh>..maybe a day away would give me new perspective 'cause my brain is fried..better yet, I hope when I log back on Hailey will have been located...

If you can grow cotton - then you can grow. And I'm not saying BIG HUGE 100's of plants crops. But just a little patch - fairly close to the house so you can water frequently. It happens a lot more than you think.

Isn't that making a big leap, though? People don't want searchers on their land so they must be growing weed? Or maybe they have ten other reasons that are none of our business?

Yes, but she would have to call the number for the automated line and select the option to hear her balance. I don't think she was into checking her balance on a regular basis, just hoping money was there and would come out of the ATM when she needed it. That's how some people "check their balance".

That also requires minutes if she were paying per minute. Most people I know either go to the atm or go to their account online to check their balance. I know of not one person who calls. Not one. I have never done that. So I wouldn't believe she would either. SHe hits me as an ATM type person. Not that there's a thing wrong with it..that is just the way most people are today with the convenience of debit cards and ATMs.
JMOO

KTAB's Tiffany Tatro asked Kampfer about the earring that's been talked about in recent "Nancy Grace" broadcasts. After Hailey's disappearance, one of the earrings her mother thought she was wearing on the day she vanished was discovered in her father's home. Her dad, Clint Dunn, says she left it the day before when she stayed at his home. Though Billie Dunn thought he daughter was wearing the earrings, she says it's likely Clint is correct.

Kampfer said he's put in a request to discuss the earring and has not heard back. Therefore, he can't even confirm an earring is part of the investigation.

Earlier this week, KRBC's Jessica Reyes interviewed a witness who believes she saw Hailey walking with a small boy on the morning of her disappearance. According to the witness, it was an African American approximately 7 years old.

It now appears that child could be the son of Clint Dunn's girlfriend.

Billie Dunn confirmed Clint's girlfriend has a son that matches this description. Pete Kampfer says he has heard that as well but hasn't received confirmation from law enforcement. Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com the child has been questioned by authorities.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333716

Pete Kampfer is really some piece of work, isn't he. Noncommittal when he can be, and if he inadvertantly commits to something, it is inevitably followed by a negation, or some sort of dodge.

The NYE party and confirmation of it WAS a party or it WASN'T a party - just family there for support. I wonder where DD was on NYE - he probably stayed home and maybe he had a few things to say about NYE in that house?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that when LE returned the car - was it the cigarette lighter from the car (the one that plugs in) or just like a regular bic lighter - I think it said "blue" so that would make it a separate blue ciggy lighter. Wonder what they found on that?

I don't know Wise. Every single time we've heard DD mentioned, he was either coming back from staying the night somewhere, or headed off to spend the night somewhere. He was the first one to tell reporters that SA had actually refused then walked out on LDTs. He also told reporters, "I don't known Shawn well". I don't think he liked SA or being around the house much, imo. It would surprise me if he was there on NYE, but it would be interesting to hear his perspective if he was...

I have done this same type of thing MANY times. I live check to check, I'm usually pretty low on cash. I also rarely use my checkbook, so don't keep my account balances running in there. I generally have a good idea of what I have in my account, but I'm not always near a pc to check my statements online.

Around here the ATM's all have an option to check your balance. It is free.

Or, she really did got to her mom's house to illegally buy narcs that were prescribed to her brother. Isn't his the name on some of the bottles she showed to reporter Priscilla? As someone else mentioned earlier, Billie may well not be the only self medicator in the family...

That name on the bottles is the physician who prescribed them. He does exist and her brother's name would not be Dunn. That is CD's last name.

I hear you Aedrys, but still...If that is the case, then I'd sure hate to have her in charge of my records at the hospital.

I don't know why people don't want the searchers searching.....all I can say is if anyone ever goes missing here, look any where you need to, it's not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01