TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do think LE should have polygraphed Clint, right now I am more concerned with the people who took the tests and did not pass and wish they would offer to take another test. When you've got the last person claiming to see Hailey, and the person closest to him (her mother) not passing, it does not exactly seem like "tunnel vision" to focus on them.

I don't know what evidence LE has, except what was released in the SW. And, of course, they're going to only put all the bad stuff they can think of in there (leaving out anything positive), so they can get the SW.

It's been reported that several people failed their polys, not just SA and BD. So, are these people being focused on as well?

Respectfully snipped by me. Clint lives across the street and LE was told by SA that Hailey was going to his house before going to spend the night at her friend's. Considering this, it really bothers me that he has NOT been given a poly. I don't suspect him of doing anything, but it makes me wonder if LE just has tunnel vision in this case. KWIM?

I think all family should be given the same scrutiny. Just because BD and SA reported her missing doesn't mean they are the only ones that could of done something. Just because CD and his gf said HD didn't come over there doesn't mean that she didn't. All the observations made against SA - jealousy, taking attention away from him etc. could also apply to CD's gf. Maybe she was jealous of HD. Maybe CD gave HD more attention than her.

And as far as caring for his child, I would think CD would want to see his daughter and son taken care of and he would be paying child support. Instead as HD said, why are you having more children when you don't take care of your own. Based on the facts of his life what kind of example was he setting?

BD had prescription drugs on her that night she made the report. Was CD's drug of choice for medical reasons? Don't think so. And BTW it isn't cheap to buy. Why hasn't he done any interviews? But, he is always going off to some far city to pass out fliers. I am not saying CD did anything to HD, but what I am saying is that he deserves the same scrutiny and what ifs that have been handed out to BD.

And I know that SA is the only person LE has named a suspect, but I am thinking maybe they jumped the gun and now are back tracking. The same evidence is out there that caused them to name him a suspect so why don't they do something about it. Arrest him or clear him do something. Some action needs to take place by someone. jmo

I was just going to post that Wise Old Owl. Does anyone have the link for the hairdresser video? I thought she said she had just finished so this person might not even have been there. And wasn't there some talk about a granddaughter there also?

But an alzheimers patient didn't just get there on there own IMO. So there is someone else who we would assume is reliable to confirm the date of the appointment. Doesn't mean that the hairdresser wasn't mistaken about it though. Maybe she did go out to the shop for a brief moment on Sunday to check supplies and that's when she saw her but things are jumbled for her. Who knows.

There's a lot of things LE look at with these sitings. Do we even know if NS's son was at the home on the Monday? Maybe he was with his father or other relatives?

MOO

Thats what I was wondering too. Maybe the boy was not with HD on Monday and there was verification of that fact.
Also, the hairdresser lives there too, correct? So it is not like she saw her from a beauty shop that was closed on Sundays. It was a holiday weekend, so her schedule could have been different .
Because the hairdresser did not recognize the boy, it leads me to believe that
he does not live there full time. Maybe he was not at his mothers home on monday but they do have him there sunday, which would support the mixed up day theory.
She appears to be a credible witness, so imo, the cops have a valid reason to discount her sighting. The facts did not line up somehow.

I don't know what evidence LE has, except what was released in the SW. And, of course, they're going to only put all the bad stuff they can think of in there (leaving out anything positive), so they can get the SW.

It's been reported that several people failed their polys, not just SA and BD. So, are these people being focused on as well?

I doubt they have ruled out anyone who has taken and failed a polygraph.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332696

Hairdresser vid. The sighting has the time window of between 10:30am and 1pm. 2.5 hour time window.

Interesting... while searching for something else I came across this post that I had forgotten about (ETA: I have no idea if these sitings are credible - I tend to believe LE that they have checked everything out, but I thought I would bring it forward since I haven't seen it mentioned since):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5968168&postcount=60
Originally Posted by 40G!GZ7

Okay, here goes....
I know factually that she was seen at around 10am on Dec 27 leaving her home headed towards the dad's home then back again. This has been reported to the police. I suppose that the other tip about seeing her around lunch has superseded this tip followed by the report from the b/f that she was last seen around 3:15.

Kids here walk. Not as much as I did as a youngster, but they do.

The "time/space continuum" allows only for a few blocks, but a couple of hours.

...snipped..

And I know that SA is the only person LE has named a suspect, but I am thinking maybe they jumped the gun and now are back tracking. The same evidence is out there that caused them to name him a suspect so why don't they do something about it. Arrest him or clear him do something. Some action needs to take place by someone. jmo

They cannot arrest him without a body imo. And we may never have one. God forbid.

I think all family should be given the same scrutiny. Just because BD and SA reported her missing doesn't mean they are the only ones that could of done something. Just because CD and his gf said HD didn't come over there doesn't mean that she didn't. All the observations made against SA - jealousy, taking attention away from him etc. could also apply to CD's gf. Maybe she was jealous of HD. Maybe CD gave HD more attention than her.

mod snip

BD had prescription drugs on her that night she made the report. Was CD's drug of choice for medical reasons? Don't think so. And BTW it isn't cheap to buy. Why hasn't he done any interviews? But, he is always going off to some far city to pass out fliers. I am not saying CD did anything to HD, but what I am saying is that he deserves the same scrutiny and what ifs that have been handed out to BD.

Do you have a link for the bolded part?

So... is LE claiming that TO THIS DAY they have not revealed who passed and who failed?

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...om-step-dad-of-hailey-dunn-missing-texas-teen

"Information in the affidavits, outlined in part below, lead to what could be a more gruesome ending of a beautiful young life. Hopefully, that will not be the case, and hopefully Hailey will be found alive.
Hailey's mother and step-father failed polygraph tests and have been less than truthful since Hailey disappeared Dec. 27."

If it's coming from the affidavits, then I guess it's how it's interpreted. It doesn't say flat out that BD failed, does it? I will have to go back and read them again. I know it says that SA walked out on the third polygraph.

It really burns my biscuits to see SA called "step-father." He's not, he's BD's "live-in boyfriend." Or just plain "boyfriend" now.

They cannot arrest him without a body imo. And we may never have one. God forbid.

I know that is what they are saying, but that doesn't make any sense to me. If they have any evidense that points to him that should be enough don't you think? What ever they have on him must not be strong enough to support a homicide charge. I just don't know.

I thought Marc Klaas made it pretty cut and dried when he said that the first thing all parents of a missing child need to do is pass a polygraph so they can be positively eliminated from the suspect pool. Clint is being refused a test when he asks for it. Why?

All parents of missing children are not asked to take a poly.

Just so I can get this straight in my mind.
A year ago, someone went to LE to file a report, that someone came to them and made threats against Billie and Hailey and thought it credible enough to report it to LE.
LE takes the report but does not think it is credible enough, at the time, to contact Billie and inform her of the threats against her and her daughter.
Billie reports her daughter missing a month ago, LE sits on the threat report for over two weeks, then informs Billie of the report that they had a year ago.
Why does this seem so strange to me? Is there something very off with LE in that town, that if a report of threats against a mother and her daughter aren't important enough, to let the Mother know of these, at the time it was reported?

The sock find yesterday. IIRC it was reported that there was blood on the sock. Forensic testing will tell if that blood is Hailey's. But, will we ever know if it was or wasn't?

I know that is what they are saying, but that doesn't make any sense to me. If they have any evidense that points to him that should be enough don't you think? What ever they have on him must not be strong enough to support a homicide charge. I just don't know.

But that is because you cannot support a homicide charge if you cannot prove there was a homicide. They may have enough to prove that HD never sent that text, and that he was not where he originally said he was, and that he was driving out on a backwoods road--but unless they find her body buried out on that road, that evidence means nothing,imo.

Respectfully snipped by me. Clint lives across the street and LE was told by SA that Hailey was going to his house before going to spend the night at her friend's. Considering this, it really bothers me that he has NOT been given a poly. I don't suspect him of doing anything, but it makes me wonder if LE just has tunnel vision in this case. KWIM?

I haven't seen any signs of tunnel vision in this case.

We have a named suspect. I'm not going to point fingers at Clint, an innocent victim father. I don't understand why I keep seeing it over and over.

I haven't seen any signs of tunnel vision in this case.

We have a named suspect. I'm not going to point fingers at Clint, an innocent victim father. I don't understand why I keep seeing it over and over.

Actually, we have one named suspect and several unnamed POIs. I'm not pointing fingers at Clint, which I clearly said in my post. But, I still don't understand why he wasn't given a poly.

:blowkiss:

I sure would love to know more details about this threat against BD and Hailey and why someone would notify LE of the threat and BD didn't notify LE personally about the threat.

Why would someone threaten both of them in the first place? Odd, that there is only a threat against BD and Haily and never include her son too!

Did BD do something to this individual that would cause the threat? Could this be a "road rage" incident, or stealing a parking place, stealing something from the store, or an ex BF who is not happy?

Was this a total stranger that reported the threat, or was it someone that knew both BD and Hailey as well as the person making the threat? Was BD with SA and Hailey when the threat happened?

So many unanswered questions ...

Just a thought....could it be an ex-girlfriend of SA..did BD steal him away from someone and that ticked her off hince the threat? Just a thought...

What was reported was that family members said that four people failed polys... and that Shawn had been cleared.

That's different from it being reported that several people failed their poly, and there have been no reports that anyone failed except from Billie that she and Shawn failed.

That same day that the family said four people failed and Shawn was cleared, notably, LE said that they had told no one whether they had passed or failed a poly. It seemed to me that LE was letting it be known as best they could that nobody but Billie and Shawn had failed.

Especially with that blatant lie that Shawn - the named suspect - had been cleared!

Just a thought....could it be an ex-girlfriend of SA..did BD steal him away from someone and that ticked her off hince the threat? Just a thought...

Billie says it was a man, "he threatened to hurt me and Hailey", "police haven't talked to him...".

****WARNING GRAPHIC*****

You're probably right. But they've had helicopters up for aerial views and that crop duster that helped the search group last weekend.

I'm sure the searchers and LE are being very aware of the vultures in the area and watching and, more importanly checking, the areas where they see vulture/buzzard activity.
At this time of the year the Buzzards are gone in that area. They migrate to the Southern part of Texas .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000