TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can honestly say that I have never heard of anyone calling ahead unless they were calling to tell them they were on their way down to turn themselves in, lol! ..Never heard any LE friends say anything about that either..but I don't live in a small city. Maybe things work differently there?

It's not like he was making dinner reservations for crying out loud:floorlaugh:

when I first saw that comment, I assumed it meant that he (CD) and BD went together to report Hailey missing. I guess I thought BD contacted him to see if he knew where Hailey was, and when he didn't and no one else did, they went to the police together.

JMO

Often communication between contentious parents goes something like this:

AA: mom wants to know if you have seen hailey

BB: no, she hasn't been here at all today

AA: mom just said that she told SA she was coming here then to MB's

BB: nope, know nothing about that

AA: mom says MB says she didn't show up there either

BB: she never told ME she was going there

AA: ok, mom said she's leaving work and if Hailey hasn't shown up by the time she's home, she's going to file a missing person report. She said you need to call LE to tell them about her not showing up here or MB's.

BB: Uh huh (turns and rolls eyes where DD can't see)

Note in this example (EXAMPLE/HYPOTHETICAL only) that the two parents actually NEVER talk directly with each other, only THROUGH their son. It is sooooo common in antagonistic relationships.

So why the "uh huh" and not following through? I don't know what Clint's situation is or his situation with BD. Lots of parents do not want to have their kids stuck in the middle of an argument; it is a major reason why parents finally separate if they fought alot. After hearing of BD and Hailey's general life style, I have to think this incident just didn't seem like a major huge thing in the first hour or so of discovering Hailey 'out of place'. Heck, it seems she LIVED a good part of her previous year 'out of place'. Clint may well have thought BD was being 'weird'. Then again, on the other hand, DD may have recounted the "deer in headlights" and a resulting deep concern for Hailey to his dad, who may actually have been the one whose hackles were raised first.

So many good questions: why did BD not call SA, who she 'believed' to be at work same town, and why did she not have SIL take her to get her OWN car if she thought this was BIG enough to need to go to the police? If she did at that time believe SA to be completely innocent of anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, I think the answer might be that it would REQUIRE SA to come to her side by necessity, bringing her car with him. If she believed(knew) SA to be guilty, maybe NOT having the car in her possession when she reported to LE was.....important?

Well, that's an awesome point!..and IF for some reason she felt he couldn't be trusted..have DD call..or better yet, why didn't she call and ask them to meet her?

Perhaps she was distancing? Besides, they would go straight to the living room.

I wish different initials had been used in that hypothetical post....... someone won't read thoroughly and we are gonna see that repeated as gospel........lol.

Actually, in her timeline she clearly states "SA further claims that he went directly to his mother's house..." BBM

It appears to me that everywhere in the timeline she makes it clear that his actions (when she was not with him) are things that he "says" or "claims." Interestingly, she does say "6:10am: SA leaves work." I think there she is using the information from the search warrant. (Obviously she doesn't say SA but I think I'm supposed to do that.)

I disagree. She does occasionally say ' Shawn says' in the timeline. But more often than not she leaves that out:

"Monday morning, Shawn quit his job."
[ Did he really? I think that is still in dispute. And it is stated here as if it were a fact.]

"Then he went to his grandmother’s house in Dunn, but they didn’t answer the door, so he came down to I-20. He didn’t come into C. City, just to I-20, and went to Big Spring."

[ Again, this is stated as if it were factual/]

"He got to Big Spring before 8 o’clock, and he knows that because his mother wasn’t, hadn’t left for work yet. He stayed there until just after two."

[ Once again, she says HE KNOWS THAT BECAUSE... making it seem like it is
not in dispute.]

"Hailey left just about 15 minutes after he got here."

[This also reads like a statement of fact.]

"Shawn remained home until he left to go pick me up from work."
[ As does this]

Anyone reading the timeline might assume these statements were not in dispute. IMO

There were pictures of the Dunn home can anybody get them back faster than me ? I have a question of who the white Van belongs to in front of BD house ! It was also on the first NG video ! Help Please

I am seriously getting carpal tunnel syndrome here, so need to go into lurking for a while!

I did want to clear up something I posted earlier and deleted, just to avoid any confusion I may have caused (because everything is so crystal clear in this case anyway!).

Re: Monday 12/27 a.m. - Billie checks on Hailey in bed

Yesterday in her PC, Billie said she looked in on Hailey in bed before she went to work and the tv was on.

On Nancy Grace, Billie had said that she looked in on Hailey to ease her mind; it was dark in the room - she thought she saw Hailey, but couldn't be sure and she didn't touch her.

I watched the NG episode and was surprised when Billie brought up the tv in yesterday's PC. I thought "that was different, I thought the room was dark and she wasn't sure she saw Hailey". Many astute posters commented about the inconsistency (which I think is a big one - that's Billie's account of the very last time she ever saw her daughter - why is it changing?). Anyhoo, when I came across the NG transcript today, the account of Billie seeing Hailey in her room on Sunday night watching tv rolled right into the Monday morning "ease her mind" check in on paper. It looked like (to me) Billie was talking about the tv on Monday morning and I posted such. SHE WAS NOT. She never mentioned the tv being on when she checked on Hailey before yesterday's presser.

If you read my original post, please do a mental wash of it! :bath:

Many apologies for the confusion. I am giving myself a time out and standing in the corner for a while. :crazy:

Do not beat yourself up over it. I, for one, enjoy reading your posts. As it is I read and read but don't post much but absorb a lot and your posts are really well done.

Anyone could have read that NG transcript as you have. Quite frankly, there are so many inconsistencies that we really don't know what is true really. :banghead:

Keep posting!

I wish different initials had been used in that hypothetical post....... someone won't read thoroughly and we are gonna see that repeated as gospel........lol.

Righto, thanks, and done. :great:

There were pictures of the Dunn home can anybody get them back faster than me ? I have a question of who the white Van belongs to in front of BD house ! It was also on the first NG video ! Help Please
I just went back through the last 10 - 15 pages of that thread. While I saw pictures of the house - none of them had a white van in them. Sorry. Wish I could help - I tried.

Has the suspects family volunteered to let LE search all their properties?

Then imo she should say " Shawn told me he did NOT come to Chestnut street, he just drove by on way to Mom's house. But she inserted HIS VERSION of events into her timeline as if it was something she could confirm.

He is still a prime suspect in her daughters disappearance. He has lied to her in the past, even recently, concerning important events surrounding the day she went missing. So how the heck can she put his new version of events into her timeline and assert them as factual?

She probably wasn't thinking about how she "should say" it - and likely didn't think anyone would take it as an implication that she was able to confirm anything about where SA was on Monday or Tuesday while she was at work. I viewed "her timeline" not as an assertion of facts, but more of a cobbling together of what she understood to have happened on each of the days.

No doubt that SA has lied to her etc etc, but as I said, really, really bad taste in men. And, it wouldn't surprise me if critical thinking was not her strong suit - she's been accustomed to believing what he tells her, and it's hard to give up on people you've believed in, particularly when the alternative is so horrific to contemplate. Personally, I'm kind of glad that she IS repeating what he's been telling her. If it comes to charges, he's been digging himself in deeper and deeper by continuing to tell her fairy tales, which will all be repeated at trial, to his detriment.

I disagree. She does occasionally say ' Shawn says' in the timeline. But more often than not she leaves that out:

"Monday morning, Shawn quit his job."
[ Did he really? I think that is still in dispute. And it is stated here as if it were a fact.]

"Then he went to his grandmother’s house in Dunn, but they didn’t answer the door, so he came down to I-20. He didn’t come into C. City, just to I-20, and went to Big Spring."

[ Again, this is stated as if it were factual/]

"He got to Big Spring before 8 o’clock, and he knows that because his mother wasn’t, hadn’t left for work yet. He stayed there until just after two."

[ Once again, she says HE KNOWS THAT BECAUSE... making it seem like it is
not in dispute.]

"Hailey left just about 15 minutes after he got here."

[This also reads like a statement of fact.]

"Shawn remained home until he left to go pick me up from work."
[ As does this]

Anyone reading the timeline might assume these statements were not in dispute. IMO

I am assuming this is from the presser yesterday? If not, then disregard this...but iirc, she does say the first part of her "clarification" is first-hand, and the rest is what has been told to her, and she goes on to say the above...I think. :waitasec:

So, if BD says this is what's been told, I would think she's saying that she can't confirm this, this is what she's been told and she is assuming it's true until she hears different?

I was trying to find them for you, Hatcher, but I can't put my hands on the ones with the white van in front. I'll look a little more.

Sooo, still no word about searches on Adkins properties taken place. Hrrmph

I am seriously getting carpal tunnel syndrome here, so need to go into lurking for a while!

I did want to clear up something I posted earlier and deleted, just to avoid any confusion I may have caused (because everything is so crystal clear in this case anyway!).

Re: Monday 12/27 a.m. - Billie checks on Hailey in bed

Yesterday in her PC, Billie said she looked in on Hailey in bed before she went to work and the tv was on.

On Nancy Grace, Billie had said that she looked in on Hailey to ease her mind; it was dark in the room - she thought she saw Hailey, but couldn't be sure and she didn't touch her.

I watched the NG episode and was surprised when Billie brought up the tv in yesterday's PC. I thought "that was different, I thought the room was dark and she wasn't sure she saw Hailey". Many astute posters commented about the inconsistency (which I think is a big one - that's Billie's account of the very last time she ever saw her daughter - why is it changing?). Anyhoo, when I came across the NG transcript today, the account of Billie seeing Hailey in her room on Sunday night watching tv rolled right into the Monday morning "ease her mind" check in on paper. It looked like (to me) Billie was talking about the tv on Monday morning and I posted such. SHE WAS NOT. She never mentioned the tv being on when she checked on Hailey before yesterday's presser.

If you read my original post, please do a mental wash of it! :bath:
Many apologies for the confusion. I am giving myself a time out and standing in the corner for a while. :crazy:

I do a daily mental wash no problem and believe I'll hang out with you in the corner...*grabbing pitcher of freshly mixed Margaritas and running to corner*

I am assuming this is from the presser yesterday? If not, then disregard this...but iirc, she does say the first part of her "clarification" is first-hand, and the rest is what has been told to her, and she goes on to say the above...I think. :waitasec:

So, if BD says this is what's been told, I would think she's saying that she can't confirm this, this is what she's been told and she is assuming it's true until she hears different?

I understand that she put that 'qualifier' upfront. In the paragraph ABOVE the timeline she says that this is what Shawn told her. But most people are just going to read the timeline itself as a reference tool. And if you do that, you are reading statement after statement, which are written in such a way that they appear to be factual. It is giving the whole thing a spin in SA's favor. IMO

ETA;If you google her timeline, you will find that most MSM websites did not even include the extraneous qualifiers. They just start right with the timeline, SO THERE IS NO EXPLANATION that it is just what she was told.

Hailey Dunn - A Mother’s Timeline of Events - Midland-Odessa true crime | Examiner.com

I can honestly say that I have never heard of anyone calling ahead unless they were calling to tell them they were on their way down to turn themselves in, lol! ..Never heard any LE friends say anything about that either..but I don't live in a small city. Maybe things work differently there?

JMO and a guess but since CCity has a police force of 3, maybe BD wanted to be sure a policeman and not just a dispatcher was on duty or at least in the building but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther