FBI will dedicate up to six agents to help investigate the Kyron Horman disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we're mining articles and interpreting what quoted statements might have meant, I just have to add this one, attributed to Staton. Note he says 'excessive' information, which I find enormously humorous being as I was a psychologist myself. And because it's late on Friday aftn:

""We've also hired one behavioral psychologist that is looking into and contributing excessive information to the background of this investigation and those that are involved."

HA!!! Thanks for the Friday afternoon laugh

Perhaps someone with SAR experience can answer this question. I'm wondering if Kyron's body was moved from where he was originally killed or placed? Would dogs still alert on an area even if his remains had been moved? If TH did have an accomplice, someone could have moved the body when the focus began to shift more directly to TH rather than a SO or the theory that he just wandered away.

"We've also hired one behavioral psychologist that is looking into and contributing excessive information to the background of this investigation and those that are involved."
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=432160

Does that mean the behavioral psychologist is suggesting more than they want to hear - like look a bit further afield - at other people? Maybe there's more to this than tunnel vision on TH? Is this your tax dollars at work?

My opinion only

There was a statement in the article from Oregon Live yesterday about there still being no physical evidence of Kyron. So I would think that would have to include a death scent, which would not be person-specific anyway, I don't believe.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/02/fbi_will_dedicate_up_to_six_ag.html

"The investigation...has turned up no physical evidence of the 7-yr old boy who was last seen June 4th at Skyline School."

There was a statement in the article from Oregon Live yesterday about there still being no physical evidence of Kyron. So I would think that would have to include a death scent, which would not be person-specific anyway, I don't believe.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/02/fbi_will_dedicate_up_to_six_ag.html

"The investigation...has turned up no physical evidence of the 7-yr old boy who was last seen June 4th at Skyline School."

Very true. But I read MSM with a jaundiced eye. Max Berstein first wrote about "no physical evidence" when she was granted exclusive access to Staton and the MSCO war room on ... what was it ... the 6-month mark? I would have more faith in the repetition of that information if she had asked -- as the AP reporter did re: Ky's status -- for reconfirmation of that info. IMO, Max also has a vested interest in NOT revealing anything MSCO wants to keep from public consumption. I'm not saying she'd misreport; but she might not put those questions out there, knowing MSCO would rather not answer them. Case in point, not one PDX reporter has asked what "new solid evidence" led to the latest search. They know they'd get a "can't answer that" response. But they could at least ASK. Okay. I'll stop. I'm just as frustrated with the reporting about this case as I am with the case itself. Sigh.

Shadowboy, you said, "I'm just as frustrated with the reporting about this case as I am with the case itself."

I'll second that. Also what you said about Maxine. I understand; the police/courts beat is her thing and she has to stay in the good graces of her sources.

Add to that contradictions between what is stated by the various media outlets; repetition of sound bites; lack of investigative journalism. Maybe it's partly that the economy has folks walking the straight and narrow and taking no risks.

I grew up in the Huntley/Brinkley generation. I'm so spoiled.

Shadowboy, you said, "I'm just as frustrated with the reporting about this case as I am with the case itself."

I'll second that. Also what you said about Maxine. I understand; the police/courts beat is her thing and she has to stay in the good graces of her sources.

Add to that contradictions between what is stated by the various media outlets; repetition of sound bites; lack of investigative journalism. Maybe it's partly that the economy has folks walking the straight and narrow and taking no risks.

I grew up in the Huntley/Brinkley generation. I'm so spoiled.

I can't really speak for you, but I grew up prior to the media being controlled.

Lack of investigative journalism applies across the board now, in all cases, papers don't pay them anymore or they just are not trained correctly.

But more than one source has said that LE did not find anything on recent searches, not just OL. And if they had found some evidence, I don't think they would need as much new help as they are taking on. In my mind, what they need is the detailed ping info, but they also need at least one piece of evidence to match it up with. The ping ifo is useless on its own. If they had the ping matching where they found a piece of evidence of any kind...I think TH would be arrested.

I can't really speak for you, but I grew up prior to the media being controlled.

And pinktoes said, "I grew up in the Huntley/Brinkley generation. I'm so spoiled."

I grew up with Uncle Chet and decided to be a journalist because of Watergate. I QUIT being a journalist when basic reporting concepts such as triangulation and basic FCC requirements such as the Fairness Doctrine went flying out the window. I know I'm OT here.

So to bring this back on topic, KATU's report about the FBI involvement made it sound as if MSCO had YET to check out the 124 SOs living near/around the school.

“The task force also has to chase all potential leads. For example, they have to interview 124 sex offenders in the area of Skyline School to make sure no attorney can poke holes in the case once it is solved.”
http://www.katu.com/news/local/116871428.html

Whereas the Oregonian article said this: “They've contacted 124 sex offenders, but the sheriff would not comment on whether they've been excluded as suspects.”

KATU’s report exhibits sloppy use of verb tense leading to – potentially – erroneous conclusions.

Anyway … I did find a couple of interesting tidbits in the latest news. From the Oregonian article (an exclusive, BTW. Max B. got this info long before anyone, including the County Commissioners):

“They've examined the investigative documents and other evidence accumulated so far -- everything from GPS marks picked up from cell phones to taped interviews of persons of interest to what media outlets have caught on camera.”

GPS marks are quite a bit different than cell phone pings. And since TH hasn’t APPEARED in any taped interview … of whom does Max speak?

Shadowboy: Well I can't speak for Max, but I remember almost immediately that Ky's deskmate and his grandmother, with whom he was living, did a TV interview. I also recall photos of g'ma's home, with a white truck of some sort there. G'ma has long dirty blondish hair, that could be taken for red, I suppose. That might be a stretch.

Anyhow, it was said that investigators had asked these two not to give interviews, but g'ma felt it important to do so, for Ky's sake.

There are others who were on TV. IIRC, the PTA Pres. And Angela Davis, the Horman's neighbor, who was met by a number of police cars the aftn of June 4 when she went to pick up her daughter from after school care. Michael Cook. I'm tired; others here can flesh out the list, I'm sure.

BTW, were the Commissioners just a little p.o'd that they heard about the FBI from Max's newspaper article???

Shadowboy: Well I can't speak for Max, but I remember almost immediately that Ky's deskmate and his grandmother, with whom he was living, did a TV interview. I also recall photos of g'ma's home, with a white truck of some sort there. G'ma has long dirty blondish hair, that could be taken for red, I suppose. That might be a stretch.

Anyhow, it was said that investigators had asked these two not to give interviews, but g'ma felt it important to do so, for Ky's sake.

There are others who were on TV. IIRC, the PTA Pres. And Angela Davis, the Horman's neighbor, who was met by a number of police cars the aftn of June 4 when she went to pick up her daughter from after school care. Michael Cook. I'm tired; others here can flesh out the list, I'm sure.

BTW, were the Commissioners just a little p.o'd that they heard about the FBI from Max's newspaper article???
The grounds keeper,Kaine and others did interviews too.

MC's girl buddy from school, who helped with the banners n' stuff.
The gym worker who went on Dateline & thought TH was flustered/scattered (not the word she used, something like that).
AL, who works at the gym & ran into TH at Freds.

IMO 'excessive' was a Staton word-flub. I dont' think he meant 'too much'.

About the board, I don't think they were pissed. The paper just comes out before their (delayed) meeting.

I'm exhausted this week too. All. Too. Much.

Here's a link to the still-available Angella Davis (a/k/a Angela Davis) video:

http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_harmon_search_expands.html

Several grand jury witnesses, attorneys, former boyfriend of a friend of Terri's, attorneys, Desiree's sister (I think), some SAR people, the other child witness at Skyline and his mother...LOTS of people. Just don't know who would be of interest to LE.

Also, if you include national TV?? DeDe Spicher, Terri's dad. Others. I didn't watch any of those entertainment news shows. Doesn't look like a fruitful trail to start guessing now as to who LE might be interested in from their TV appearances. At least not for me. I have NO clue.

Pdx, about this: "IMO 'excessive' was a Staton word-flub. I dont' think he meant 'too much'." Sorry, I was just joking.

I'm gonna call it a night here. I'm sure it'll all look worse in the morning.

Pdx, about this: "IMO 'excessive' was a Staton word-flub. I dont' think he meant 'too much'." Sorry, I was just joking.

heh.. yes, it was funny given your past; I was replying to Trident's further investigating that quote (post #83 right now).

I'm getting sloppy too but I still have a couple of hours of work to finish. :D
You have a good rest, toes. :)

Perhaps someone with SAR experience can answer this question. I'm wondering if Kyron's body was moved from where he was originally killed or placed? Would dogs still alert on an area even if his remains had been moved? If TH did have an accomplice, someone could have moved the body when the focus began to shift more directly to TH rather than a SO or the theory that he just wandered away.

I am not SAR but know dogs sniff for both 'live' and 'death' scents depending on how they have been trained. There are also dogs trained for live and dead blood cells.

A 'live' scent dog would hit on Kyron's live scent anywhere IMO. A 'death' scent dog would alert on a death scent that would be general, not necessarily Kyron's. If that death scent was near where there had been pings from Terri's cellie that would be major I would think, and is what I think might have happened.

The US Army uses Enhanced Scenting which is a death scent made from a person's live scent by adding chemicals to it. The dog is given that death scent and will only alert to that dead person. The process, developed in Birmingham England, is quite new and don't know if SAR dogs in our area use it. I know they use these dogs in St Louis.

xox

Also they would have the videos of the children, the one who had the conversation about what the teacher said, and the one who saw TH leave...

I admit, I had huge doubts about TP way back when, but the more I think about how detailed his tale was, I think there could be something in it. And I don't see how that could have all happened before 9am, since they would not have been getting into groups until then.

“They've examined the investigative documents and other evidence accumulated so far -- everything from GPS marks picked up from cell phones to taped interviews of persons of interest to what media outlets have caught on camera

Perhaps they mean interviews which were conducted by-and taped by-LE.
I imagine the tapes were rolling when TH, KH, DY, TY, JM,etc, were interviewed. (Not to say that all or any of them are POI-obviously they're not. )

And "what media outlets have caught on camera"- that doesn't have to be taped interviews...could just be random action or interaction among some of the people who are associated with the case for whatever reason.

Here's a link to the still-available Angella Davis (a/k/a Angela Davis) video:

http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_harmon_search_expands.html

Several grand jury witnesses, attorneys, former boyfriend of a friend of Terri's, attorneys, Desiree's sister (I think), some SAR people, the other child witness at Skyline and his mother...LOTS of people. Just don't know who would be of interest to LE.

Also, if you include national TV?? DeDe Spicher, Terri's dad. Others. I didn't watch any of those entertainment news shows. Doesn't look like a fruitful trail to start guessing now as to who LE might be interested in from their TV appearances. At least not for me. I have NO clue.

Who is Angela Davis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member