FBI will dedicate up to six agents to help investigate the Kyron Horman disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. But I read MSM with a jaundiced eye. Max Berstein first wrote about "no physical evidence" when she was granted exclusive access to Staton and the MSCO war room on ... what was it ... the 6-month mark? I would have more faith in the repetition of that information if she had asked -- as the AP reporter did re: Ky's status -- for reconfirmation of that info. IMO, Max also has a vested interest in NOT revealing anything MSCO wants to keep from public consumption. I'm not saying she'd misreport; but she might not put those questions out there, knowing MSCO would rather not answer them. Case in point, not one PDX reporter has asked what "new solid evidence" led to the latest search. They know they'd get a "can't answer that" response. But they could at least ASK. Okay. I'll stop. I'm just as frustrated with the reporting about this case as I am with the case itself. Sigh.

ITA Shadowboy, I can't see LE giving any info out about evidence they have unless they thought it would further the investigation IMO.

In the last searches off Skyline Blvd we read they used HR dogs and somewhere it was said someone from the ME's office was there as well.
Then we read the ME's office was not represented. It could be that info got out and LE put the kabutz on it, pulled it back. Didn't want it out in the public yet. IMO Just a possibility :maddening:

I like the idea of a different viewpoint coming into this investigation. IMO, it will prevent any analysis paralysis, and if there's any bias, show them where it is.

I like the idea of a different viewpoint coming into this investigation. IMO, it will prevent any analysis paralysis, and if there's any bias, show them where it is.

I hope the agents coming on board are new ones, not ones who have been or around the case before. It might do everyone good to look at it as though they are just starting out. As they have said, time is not of the essence now.

Thanks pdx. Oh, okay I remember reading that story. And are you saying there is also video of her somewhere? I never saw it, so I'd like to find it if it's out there.

Yes. Post # 93 of this thread has the link.

I also wish the reporter had asked if Staton is standing by his earlier assertion they have found no physical trace of Ky. IDK. That latest search and DY's comment about "new, solid evidence" sure left me wondering.

Yes, I thought it interesting that at the Commissioner's meeting Staten doesn't say whether they believe Kyron is dead or alive. But also he does not say they have no evidence as to either way as has been stated before.

Along with what you said, I think there has been something gleaned by investigators that is the basis for this positivity we see now in solving Kyron's case.

"We've also hired one behavioral psychologist that is looking into and contributing excessive information to the background of this investigation and those that are involved."
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=432160

Does that mean the behavioral psychologist is suggesting more than they want to hear - like look a bit further afield - at other people? Maybe there's more to this than tunnel vision on TH? Is this your tax dollars at work?

My opinion only

I'm guessing it's more likely Staton meant to say something such as extensive information and just mis-spoke.
A freudian slip? Perhaps.
But I believe it was probably just a mistake.

The more I think about it, I don't believe LE is certain that Kyron is dead. They are not calling this a homicide investigation, the word has never been mentioned.

In Florida, eventually LE did decide they were investigating a homicide of Haleigh Cummings and said so.

I still think LE is not sure what they have. I don't believe they have found anything that proves Kyron is dead, just as they have nothing to prove he is alive. How frustrating that must be for LE and how much agony for Kyron's mom; she could not have imagined in her worst nightmares she would not know for sure 9 months later.

I think local LE is exactly nowhere in this investigation and it has ground to a standstill. That is not meant as criticism as to how they have handled the investigation, simply my own interpretation of the lack of activity for a while now. I think they are stymied and have hit a brick wall here. I am glad to see that the FBI will be dedicating agents to assist in trying to reinvigorate this investigation. I hope their presence and involvement will spur some sort of action.

Perhaps they are there to offer their expertise in profiling possible suspects, perhaps to run down leads regular has not had the time to pursue, IDK, but whatever the reason for their involvement at this point, I hope it brings us closer to finding that child and hastening charges being levelled for whoever the responsible party or parties are.

From the OL article re: increased FBI involvement:
“They've examined the investigative documents and other evidence accumulated so far -- everything from GPS marks picked up from cell phones to taped interviews of persons of interest to what media outlets have caught on camera.”

I asked: "... since TH hasn’t APPEARED in any taped interview … of whom does Max (Bernstein) speak?"

Several grand jury witnesses, attorneys, former boyfriend of a friend of Terri's, attorneys, Desiree's sister (I think), some SAR people, the other child witness at Skyline and his mother...LOTS of people. Just don't know who would be of interest to LE.Also, if you include national TV?? DeDe Spicher, Terri's dad. Others.

Morag said:
Perhaps they mean interviews which were conducted by-and taped by-LE. I imagine the tapes were rolling when TH, KH, DY, TY, JM, etc, were interviewed. (Not to say that all or any of them are POI-obviously they're not. )

Cluciano said:
Also they would have the videos of the children, the one who had the conversation about what the teacher said, and the one who saw TH leave...

There are others who were on TV. IIRC, the PTA Pres. And Angela Davis, the Horman's neighbor, who was met by a number of police cars the aftn of June 4 when she went to pick up her daughter from after school care. Michael Cook.

Forgive me for editing; and forgive me if any of you posted other “taped” names, and I failed to note them. My original reason for posting a query re: the FBI culling over “taped interviews of persons of interest” was to ask: Who is a person of interest who has given a taped interview? Do “taped interviews” include GJ testimony and LE interviews (per Morag’s question)?

“Taped” can mean audio-only as well as video/audio.

I have a few people I’d put on the top of my list: AL (friend who allegedly saw TH at FM #2); CA (young woman who talked to TH that morning, testified at the GJ, and told MSM they were barking up the wrong tree); Friend (sorry, can’t remember her name … J-something?) who said TH gave Ky’s teacher “paperwork” for Ky’s Dr. appt. … several others y’all have named above.

IMO, somewhere, within the experience of these innocent bystanders (and others), is the “key” to discovering whether or not TH created a façade (and possible alibi) with lies or has been telling the truth.

Just thought it could be an interesting exercise, here on WS, to name the people (by initials) who – we think -- might hold info/contradictions/insights as FBI agents cull through everything from “taped interviews of persons of interest to what media outlets have caught on camera.”

Okay. I’m wacky. Maybe off TOS. And I’m certainly not saying this will solve the case or help the FBI. But what the hey … hey?

I'm new here, not sure if this has already been posted or if I'm posting on the right thread for Kyron.
This may be of some interest.
"Mayor asks for help to I.D. Man in Kyron Picture"
http://www.kptv.com/video/24014601/index.html

I do believe this is who they should be looking for.
Terri is innocent. Maybe someone could post thisvideo in the other threads also.

I'm new here, not sure if this has already been posted or if I'm posting on the right thread for Kyron.

Terri is innocent. Maybe someone could post thisvideo in the other threads also.

This was from last summer...and LE said the man was identified.

Happy to see the FBI on the case, at last. But if new info needs to be gathered from old electronics records, especially cell phones, it's very likely lost by now. Being related to, and friends with, a lot of computer forensics/electronic data discovery experts, I'm repeatedly told this. And told how difficult recovery of cell phone info is, relative to info on computers.

I found a recent published reference to that and thought some might find it of interest. (Also, the website it's published on is a wealth of info on federal LE and security issues in general.)

""Some records are kept for weeks or months; others are stored very briefly before being purged," Weinstein[US Deputy Assistant Attorney] said."

The article goes on to cite a 2006 murder case in Los Angeles that was successfully solved and prosecuted based on a text message from Verizon. However, that text message was inadvertently stored; their storage policy is only 3 to 5 days. So, by accident, the evidence was available.

Congress will be asked to look at the retention policies in the future, in an attempt to require private companies to store the data longer, so it'll be available for LE. That's where it sits. Hope MCSO already got everything they needed in this area to solve Ky's case, because it's doubtful they'll find it now.

link:
http://www.gsnmagazine.com/article/22306/law_enforcement_wants_longer_cell_phone_internet_d

This was from last summer...and LE said the man was identified.
I thought that someone said that he had been identified as her neighbor in a comment to a news story, but was there anything official? Did the sheriff's dept. state this in a press conference or release? I saw several photos on PDX mugshots that resembled this mysterious man. It's too bad that we don't have a clearer picture of his face.

I thought that someone said that he had been identified as her neighbor in a comment to a news story, but was there anything official? Did the sheriff's dept. state this in a press conference or release? I saw several photos on PDX mugshots that resembled this mysterious man. It's too bad that we don't have a clearer picture of his face.
Hi Cf, I hope Clu checks in today to bring that link over. It is interesting, especially if he has some relationship to the school.

We know T, Kyrons classmate, lived next door but don't know if there was a male in that household.

And across the street from the Horman's, the home is owned/leased by a well known religious leader and/or his church. His name has never been brought up in the case that I know of except for the fact he is somehow tied to that home and when we learned about that many thought it was where he stays when in the Portland area.

Other than that there aren't many neighbors or homes close by the Horman's that I've read about. xox

Also, if you watch the video all the way to the end you can hear the statement from LE basically saying that the Mayor has no clue what is going on in the case and his plea was not in any professional capacity. I think that was a nice way of saying, "Please stop 'helping' and shut up now."

Although I'm not in the TH is innocent camp (still could be persuaded if something changed):

:welcome5:

Hope you keep posting!

Perhaps someone with SAR experience can answer this question. I'm wondering if Kyron's body was moved from where he was originally killed or placed? Would dogs still alert on an area even if his remains had been moved? If TH did have an accomplice, someone could have moved the body when the focus began to shift more directly to TH rather than a SO or the theory that he just wandered away.

I was wondering the same thing : if his body was moved from where he was originally placed. If so, she would have needed an accomplice because TH would have been "under the microscope" by LE right when Kyron was reported missing ... so she would not have been able to do any move of the body by herself ... I would "think" they would have been monitoring every move she made.

:banghead:

I hope that the additional FBI agents FIND SOMETHING -- ANYTHING -- and will let us know something as to the status of the investigation of Kyron soon.

This case is heartbreaking !

Prayers for Kyron, Desiree, Tony and Family and Friends ... that Kyron is found soon and justice for Kyron !

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Multnomah County Sheriff’s office said it knows who the mysterious man is in the background of the picture of Kyron Horman standing in front of his Tree Frog display.

He has been interviewed but is not a person of interest in the case.

His name will not be released and the Sheriff’s office will not say if he is a parent or teacher.

The picture and that man in the back of room became a hot topic of conversation after Portland Mayor Sam Adams sent out this alert to the public asking for help in identifying the man:
Do you recognize the man in this photo ?

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopula...jy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I found this, but the link itself doesn't go to this story anymore, it goes to a whole data base of Kyron stories...if this is the man you are talking about, it is who I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NormanZ