NY-LI-4 bodies on Beach-Possible SK-12/10-All id'd,4 more found 3/11 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/04/08/Source-Suspect-in-Long-Island-killings/UPI-76031302306559/

These reports based on what was said to the NY Post are getting more extreme. This article says someone was arrested?? Any confirmation on this? I can't find any. The article was posted on SG's FB prayer page so her family has seen it. If it's just irresponsible reporting, I feel really sorry for the families.

Where did it say someone was arrested? The article you linked says that a source says there is a suspect and the police say there isn't. It doesn't say anything about an arrest.

bbm -- that raises the possibility that the earring was planted there after LE searched. More games?

Great thinking there Carbuff :websleuther: This is not serious as it's too far off the wall, but if this guy is LE or ex-LE and he wants to make the local guys look bad, it worked, eh? Gee, maybe he took the sweater/jacket too.

It was worth listening to for sure. A lot of how could's in this case ~ LE losing her jacket, missing an earring in plain sight on the ground, losing the 911 tape for 3 months and who knows what else. The local doctor there doesn't have a lot of info on his medical page, or say not as extensive as the other doctor we talked about earlier today. I expected to learn more about him, age, home address, where he has practiced, etc. But maybe it is sufficient for now till we learn more.

Thinking of the connection to AC which the LE spokesman has not retracted, I think there has to be more of a connection than one of the gals who died there had previously spent 5 weeks in LI.

Since it came out that LE was zoning in on a suspect about the same time, it must be they have connected someone who had the opportunity to kill the gals in AC but who also knew LI like the back of his hand.

The last 4 girls were disposed of in a different way. I wonder if that matched the finer details of the AC murders that only the killer would know, and of course now LE as well.

Issues for me re the doctor (in a gated community) and his "treatment center" story. He called her mother on the day after Shannan was reported missing.

Were the second set of bodies (older) buried?

I saw a news blip on it on HLN and they gave no info as to what the differences in disposal were.

I did read elsewhere today that the second set of bodies just found were not wrapped in burlap.

Issues for me re the doctor (in a gated community) and his "treatment center" story. He called her mother on the day after Shannan was reported missing.

I must have missed that. I thought the day after she went missing. Her and her other sister went to Oak Beach 2 days after she went missing, but did she say when they reported it to police?

Shannan-her jaw had been broken (by a BF) and had a metal plate in it. Would a meticulous SK concerned about leaving no clues behind be aware of this? If he did, who knows where he would put her due to an easier ID?

Just wanted to respond to a post Reanan had back in the last thread. I think it was Post #1054.

Reanan, I don't know classified lingo, but the addy the guy threw out there with Route 37 would be in Tom's River, New Jersey. There's alot of massage parlors along those Highways. It's right at the Garden State Parkway. That would be a Route someone would use if going between AC and New York.

The PJ I have no idea unless he messed up and meant Pleasant Beach. The guy did call the rolling chairs foot taxi's. Personally I never heard them referred to that in all my born days.

Hope that helped a little. Odd too he said the "foot taxi" took him to the place "off the boardwalk". Just the other day there was some law or bill or something going on as there's only two rolling chair company's that compete for business. Lot's of harassment going on.

Thanks Filly.... the "foot taxi" information was from a statement that some guy made January 2010 on a site that reviews the call girls. His statements indicate that he "got his start" in Atlantic City" by being brought by a "foot taxi" to a "place by the boardwalk". We know the AC girls were killed by someone that had some sort of foot fetish and they were left in a creek that could perhaps be described as a boardwalk. It just struck me as odd and creepy given the context of what little we know.

If you really think about it, someone could have looked up the doctor's address and called Shannan's mom passing himself as the doctor and invented the whole story to frame the doctor. Then again, whoever called had to know about the Shannan incident the day before.. and had to know her name and who she was.

this case is not easy to crack.. i get the feeling there are going to be books written about this one.

A few days after she was last seen, her sister received calls from her cell phone, and a man on the other end said she was a “*advertiser censored*,” the official said.

In the days after the missing-persons report was made, New York City police tracked the cell phone signal to midtown Manhattan and searched the areas near Pennsylvania Station and the Port Authority bus terminal, but the signal went dead, the official said.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011...lemy-missing-woman-made-call-from-massapequa/

Great article. It also said "Brainard-Barnes was 25 when she was last seen in Manhattan on July 9, 2007 . ." I think it was our Chanler who thought the unsub was as well equated in Manhatten as in LI.

And the psychic info was just amazing ~ in a shallow grave overlooking water and next to a sign with a G. Something close to that.

Thanks Filly.... the "foot taxi" information was from a statement that some guy made January 2010 on a site that reviews the call girls. His statements indicate that he "got his start" in Atlantic City" by being brought by a "foot taxi" to a "place by the boardwalk". We know the AC girls were killed by someone that had some sort of foot fetish and they were left in a creek that could perhaps be described as a boardwalk. It just struck me as odd and creepy given the context of what little we know.

The Boardwalk in Atlantic City is the walk along the ocean -- and the resort strip around it. http://www.atlanticcitynj.com/boardwalk.aspx

It's not far from the place where the Atlantic City victims were found, however. And the foot fetish connection is highly interesting. [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Black+Horse+Pike,+Egg+Harbor+Township,+NJ&daddr=Boardwalk,+Atlantic+City,+NJ&hl=en&geocode=FZtIWQIdIUGO-yk3eGeYgtvAiTGPYywxmGAErQ%3BFfuAWAIdAjOQ-yklI9nlYu7AiTEIvRqm_GM-TQ&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=39.354619,-74.435838&sspn=0.05628,0.154324&g=Boardwalk,+Atlantic+City,+NJ&ie=UTF8&ll=39.383141,-74.499664&spn=0.112513,0.308647&z=12"]Egg Harbor Township to the Boardwalk[/ame]

I must have missed that. I thought the day after she went missing. Her and her other sister went to Oak Beach 2 days after she went missing, but did she say when they reported it to police?

Around 43:00 - The doc "...called my mom the day after she was reported missing..."
She repeats it. No, her sister does not say when they reported her missing.

The sisters went to the Island to speak to these Creeps (not referencing the elderly neighbor) to follow-up on Shannan!

Great thinking there Carbuff :websleuther: This is not serious as it's too far off the wall, but if this guy is LE or ex-LE and he wants to make the local guys look bad, it worked, eh? Gee, maybe he took the sweater/jacket too.

Once you start to think about somebody in LE, those kinds of things don't seem so off the wall. Maybe he wanted to make the local guys look bad, maybe he just wanted to taunt them, maybe he wanted to mislead them because they're getting too close.

It's not terribly likely, but it does seem possible.

I'm not ready to let go of my theory from yesterday...the SK is grabbing them after they come out of a job. He knows where they are working that night.

On July 10 nearly two years ago, Ms. Barthelemy saw a client and then deposited $900 into her bank account, her mother said. That night she called an old boyfriend, but he did not pick up. Then she disappeared.

SNIPPED
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/09/nyregion/09bodies.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

If the SK is grabbing the victims after work, then he must have known them as clients, otherwise how would he know where they lived, etc?
Also, grabbing the victims against their will is very risky, as they could be witnesses, the victims can scream, make noise, fight back, etc.

Persuasion and trust always works a lot better than sheer force.

Where did it say someone was arrested? The article you linked says that a source says there is a suspect and the police say there isn't. It doesn't say anything about an arrest.

Snapdragon, that article was changed. I saw it earlier and can vouch for the fact it originally headlined that an arrest had been made. I saw it first on Shannan's family FB page.

Here are several additional video reports from local LI News12 - I am not sure if you have seen all these, including an interview with Sheree Gilbert. Worth a look.

http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/8yU2T2_DhS?pid=iGPLUTUuriyaiXWWN3rQwCFTzdC9Yr4Y

I think this guy will be related to the NJ victims as well.

Yeah, i didn't think so when they first started talking about a possible connection, but now I'm beginning to think that it is quite possible.

Shannan-her jaw had been broken (by a BF) and had a metal plate in it. Would a meticulous SK concerned about leaving no clues behind be aware of this? If he did, who knows where he would put her due to an easier ID?

I don't know if someone without medical knowledge would be able to tell she had that metal plate. A doctor, however, I think he'd know in a New York Minute !

Even I thought her jaw line was a bit angular before I learned about the plate.

Hopefully a poster w/ medical knowledge like Nursebeme will hear the call here. ;}

I first thought that perhaps a cop could be involved when I was reading over some of the comments left on the CLReviews site. There was a thread on there called "The #1 Pick of the Day" and some guy essentially posted the following - (Paraphrased by me):

6/19/2010 - 10:01 AM
The girl was unfriendly on the phone and insisted that he meet her at an intersection. Instead of meeting the girl as instructed, the john pulled into a parking lot about 1/2 block away, where he called her. She gave him some major attitude when he told her he was about 500' from where she wanted him to be. She told him to call her when he was where he was suppose to be and she hung up. The girl was ticked off because he had not followed instructions and told him to "call back when he was where he was supposed to be". So, he went to the designated location and a cruiser stopped behind him across the intersection and just sat there for 2-3 minutes. Another car pulled up along side of him and gave him a look and then proceeded to park in front of him and backed up to within a foot of his bumper. He found it odd because there were no other cars parked within a block of him. The cruiser then turned out of the intersection and went about 100 feet down and stopped again. The driver of the car that had parked in front of him had not exited his vehicle. The john felt uncomfortable and left. As he was driving away, the girl called and was ticked off with him. There was discussion about him being caught in a sting. I just remember thinking that it would be easy for a cop to be a customer of the girls and make them feel comfortable enough to let their guard down.

If you really think about it, someone could have looked up the doctor's address and called Shannan's mom passing himself as the doctor and invented the whole story.
I thought of this, however the sister says he later denied saying that stuff, indicating they had been in contact with him after he called them. Hopefully w/LE in tow. Also, his residence seems to be a bit of a distance (2.6 miles and midway between JB's place and the dumpsite). Though, iirc, they reported that someone pulled her into an SUV shortly after the 911 call.

If the SK is grabbing the victims after work, then he must have known them as clients, otherwise how would he know where they lived, etc?
Also, grabbing the victims against their will is very risky, as they could be witnesses, the victims can scream, make noise, fight back, etc.

Persuasion and trust always works a lot better than sheer force.

Yeah, I don't really think that this guy is grabbing all of these victims after they were at a job with someone else, that just seems pretty impossible.

What I'm assuming, is that this guy called these women directly at the phone number that they provided on craigslist, meaning he didn't have to contact them through the website at all. And from what we already know, he seems to have used prepaid cell-phones to make these calls, which I think is what the police are alluding to.

So I think they do actually have a phone number, or even a few that this guy was using. But because it was from a prepaid phone, they haven't been able to trace it.

Great article. It also said "Brainard-Barnes was 25 when she was last seen in Manhattan on July 9, 2007 . ." I think it was our Chanler who thought the unsub was as well equated in Manhatten as in LI.

And the psychic info was just amazing ~ in a shallow grave overlooking water and next to a sign with a G. Something close to that.

Also..."Melissa Barthelemy was last seen in the Bronx on July 12, 2009. But a call made to her voicemail that day came from Massapequa..."

The Bronx is directly north of upper Manhattan. A hop and a skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member