April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be mistaken, but I believe KL testified she was emailing with a past boyfriend. Also, she was making plans with someone in Canada as well.

ETA: I think they were the same person

Not so sure she was caboodling with past boyfriends..but we do know she was trying to make arrangements for a move to Oakville Ontario to be close to her sister, and also looking for a job...It wouldnt be nefarious to reach out to past friends to network to get that kind of information...Look what they brought out in Brads depo about him connected with past girlfriend..and as it turned out was for a referral to some psychologist or something like that...Thats what people do when attempting to make changes in their life..they reach out to past friendships to get reconnected..

Nothing more and nothing less IMO

Just for clarity/accuracy--it was google maps satellite view, not google earth.
ETA--I appreciate your thoughtful posts, Otto. :)

Thanks. The big advantage of a bmp is that it can be scaled without distortion - so that could indeed be the correct file type for that use.

Not so sure she was caboodling with past boyfriends..but we do know she was trying to make arrangements for a move to Oakville Ontario to be close to her sister, and also looking for a job...It wouldnt be nefarious to reach out to past friends to network to get that kind of information...Look what they brought out in Brads depo about him connected with past girlfriend..and as it turned out was for a referral to some psychologist or something like that...Thats what people do when attempting to make changes in their life..they reach out to past friendships to get reconnected..

Nothing more and nothing less IMO
That's how I took it...

Eyewitnesses were sincere, but ultimately not accurate and/or simply did not see Nancy. They saw someone they thought was Nancy and felt they should call or get involved. No one remembers her wearing a BB cap.

RZ thought she might have had an ipod and said she was wearing no jewelry. But she didn't get a long look, just long enough to say "Hi!" RZ also told police she thought someone hit NC with their car and then dumped her body instead of getting help. She was worried about that. She was fixated on not being called by police. She mentioned that about 10 different times. She had talked to a few different cops, some at a couple roadblock areas, but for some reason she didn't count that as speaking with police. She couldn't remember which cop(s) she spoke with except for Det Daniels. She had spoken with at least 3 others, had their business cards, but no one called her, except for when they did and she missed the call.

Food Lion guy said he saw NC between 6:55am and 7:10am at Kildare & Lochmere, but Nancy's house was 2 mi away and she wouldn't have been at that spot for another 15 or so min.

I missed the Fielding Dr witnesses, but my understanding is they saw a van with some Hispanic men down Fielding Dr. on Sun 7/13/08.

So as far the Food Lion guy seeing NC. It is actually 1.8 miles from the Cooper house to Kildaire & Lochemere. NC was training to run a half marathon. Average half marathon pace is a 9 minute mile. That does not put his sighting out of the realm of possibility at all.

I honestly do not believe they would.

I agree. Even the woman that spoke about Nancy's affair in 2001 was reluctant to divulge a secret even though their friendship fell apart because of it.

They have evidence of cell phone pings from her phone. Were there any in the area of Lake Johnson or possibly a large gap in time when there were no pings at all?

I don't think any calls from Thursday have been discussed as of yet.

Thanks. The big advantage of a bmp is that it can be scaled without distortion - so that could indeed be the correct file type for that use.

I am not sure how Google maps work, but it appears as I have said back during this testimony, that Goodle Maps may very well go automatically to bmp when zooming in on something due to resolution and pixeling of the picture. This picture was NOT saved to his computer or to his files but was found when forensic examiner researched the sites visited. That closeup was on the Google Map site as a previous search, not a saved picture..

NC and JP were naked on her living room couch in October 2005.

NC slept with her sister's husband to be.

Police found on 16 July 2008 that NC was tested for STDs that spring but she had not been intimate with BC since her second childbirth.

This is all in court documents.

Nancy didn't profess her love for JP. Brad professed he loved HM. Neither were angels. I guess, being a woman, I can see why the HM thing threw her, no matter what she'd done.

Ok maybe this is common knowledge and I just missed it somewhere but I had no idea that Amanda Lamb had already written her book about this case.

But the prosecution made a claim that Brad spoofed the 6:40 call, yet they did not prove it. In fact, the lead detective testified that they had no evidence proving he spoofed that call. Yet people that believe he is guilty dismiss the lack of evidence that he did it and say he knew how to do it so he did it.

The cross examination of defense witnesses yesteday made it clear to me that the prosecution was quite comfortable trying to put words in people's mouths, or imply they said something that they did not say. I think it was really upsetting CD (yesterday morning) to have it suggested that she said things she didn't, or to suggest that she was contradicting her earlier testimony. The prosecution asked a dirty question too, asking her, as a child psychologist, to give an opinion. Good for her for stating that she was not testifying as an expert.

It's not much of a leap to believe that the prosecution will suggest that the calls were spoofed even though there is no proof (confirmed by the lead detective) in the hope that the jury will mistakenly think that it was proven.

Ok maybe this is common knowledge and I just missed it somewhere but I had no idea that Amanda Lamb had already written her book about this case.

What's her take on it, and does it present a fair and balanced perspective?

Yes, but don't you think those are two different claims? Prosecution did their best to try and show Brad used the calls as an alibi. Now, defense is trying to say that someone else got on Brad's computer to explain things....so isn't it up to them to prove that claim? I'll listen to both explanations.

I think you're both right. Defense made the claim that someone has tampered with the computer so it is up to them to prove that to the jury. Prosecution made the claim that Brad spoofed the call but they have not proved that he did.

1) Any reason the e-mail BC sent to NC on 7/12/2008 is not allowed as evidence?

2) To me the defense shoots themselves in the foot bringing up NC's past infidelity. All it could do is paint a picture of why BC would have a motive to take her out. Years of unfaithfulness yet ready to throw in the towel over him doing same. Pros could show how BC was building anger for SEVEN years and finally lost it.

Oh, right! I remember now....I guess I just took that in a different way. It seemed benign to me......not romantic. Thanks though.....too many details in this case!!!

I'm honestly not suggesting she was having an affair in 2008. I have no idea. I was just saying that she was reconnecting with at least 1 male from her past, for whatever reason. If she had started a romance with someone at that point, I'm not sure I would even classify it as an affair (although it is). For all intents and purposes, the marriage was over...just not officially.

1) Any reason the e-mail BC sent to NC on 7/12/2008 is not allowed as evidence?

2) To me the defense shoots themselves in the foot bringing up NC's past infidelity. All it could do is paint a picture of why BC would have a motive to take her out. Years of unfaithfulness yet ready to throw in the towel over him doing same. Pros could show how BC was building anger for SEVEN years and finally lost it.

I don't buy that it was building for seven years. For a majority of those years, he was able to cheat/flirt at his discretion and still have a wife at home taking care of the kids. What's to be angry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal