April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was enjoying the lifestyle of the neighborhood. She was a pool mom, as the witness said yesterday. She had the nice house, nice car, vacations and freedom to spend lots of time with friends doing whatever she wanted. Life with Brad was probably very exciting compared to life before Brad.

Doesn't sound like life with Brad was exciting to me....more lonely, hurtful, stressful and empty. And deadly.

Originally Posted by CaryFrom NJ
Yes - BC had an affair and disgustingly was with HM in the bedroom closet while the kids where there. That is disgusting in the worst sense of the word. No excuse whatsoever. But, let us not forget that NC had an affair as well (if not more than 1). Also, nothing has been proven that he had a sexual encounter with the woman in France.

If BC had it planned so well, as so many say, why didn't he plan to get rid of the google map search on the computer? Why didn't he plan on a dump site that we better hidden, where it would have taken someone more than 2 days to find the body? So, in my opinion, he did not plan it for months (if he did, indeed murder NC).

No one knows if either NC or BC had a killer instinct. Nothing, that I have seen or heard, points that way. Sure, they did not get along. They fought bitterly. Many couples do. That does not mean that someone is inclined to kill.

Re BC's google search not being deleted: I think BC did not expect CPD to dig that deeply on his doings because I think he didn't expect to be the main suspect. While he planned the murder at least to some degree, I think he underestimated the CPD's curiosity and tenacity with him.

I don't think he planned a solid defense/alibi/out for when or if the law would be questioning him so quickly and strongly. Also, the computer was a work computer..."they're not gonna go that far..."

I also think that most of us want to think that we do not have a killer instinct, and while I don't believe that it exists just below the surface in all of us and is just waiting to be roused, I do think that most of us do have a breaking point that could be unpredictable depending on circumstance, opportunity coupled with recent frustrations, disappointments, taunting, emasculation, humiliation, long-standing hurt, anger, fear -- these would be any number of logs on an already smoldering fire... and it all balls up into a critical mass and just explodes in unpredictable ways. JMHO.

Doesn't sound like life with Brad was exciting to me....more lonely, hurtful, stressful and empty. And deadly.

With Nancy straying in the first year of marriage, there is little doubt that the marriage was lonely, hurtful and empty for both of them.

I was surprised to learn that Nancy was straying from the marriage shortly after they were married. Hearing that she expected a friend to be her "alibi", or to cover for her when she was out, doesn't say much for NC. This, combined with the wiped phone, does open the possibility that Nancy had someone else in her life, someone besides Brad, someone none of her friends knew about. Tunnel vision has been demonstrated to some degree, so even if there was someone else in her life, police didn't investigate.

If NC did have a current "thing" going and none of her friends knew, and apparently BC did not know, how would the police have had any idea of where or for whom to begin to chase this facet of the case? She certainly had no way to meet him -- she had the kids all the time and even her gasoline was controlled. And I don't see him picking her up or just going to her house.
icon5.gif

I think she was enjoying the lifestyle of the neighborhood. She was a pool mom, as the witness said yesterday. She had the nice house, nice car, vacations and freedom to spend lots of time with friends doing whatever she wanted. Life with Brad was probably very exciting compared to life before Brad.

Actually I see it as within the first year of marriage to Brad she realized how dependent she was on Brad...and felt lonely and alienated. As a social butterfly personality ( as described by her friends and acquaintenances) It was doubly difficult for her to accept. IF she was so happy with the nice house, car and trips...why would she even try to get that Green card thru a stranger?..She had been promised that apparantly by Brad with the move to Cary NC..but it never even got pursuited...

I am sure her life with Brad became very difficult, and even she talked to her sister about it questioning herself about communicating with this fellow in FLA who seemed to be very interested in her. This all happened back in 2001. She apparantly re-committed herself to that marriage and tried to fill her life with children and a network of friends.... Having many miscarriages (likely due to her crohns Disease).she thought she could fill her loneliness..however, she vented her frustrations, kept busy with the kids and friends...The finding out about Brad's affair inside her house was the final straw. The rest is history..

So I guess I am respectfully disagreeing with your premise that her life was more exciting with Brad than before Brad..:seeya:

The most interesting witness to me was not the eyewitnesses, because I don't think they saw NC either, but CDittner. It probably does nothing in determining guilt or not, but it provided an alternative viewpoint to NC/BC. I thought she was credible.

So, now we are to believe, Nancy, who has been criticized for telling too much of her personal life to friends or anyone that will listen......now, possibly was having an affair and kept it a complete secret, and ran off to see him on that deadly Sat. morning? Oy vey! No evidence she was having an affair prior to her death and any talk like that is inappropriate to the victim. JMO

If NC did have a current "thing" going and none of her friends knew, and apparently BC did not know, how would the police have had any idea of where or for whom to begin to chase this facet of the case? She certainly had no way to meet him -- she had the kids all the time and even her gasoline was controlled. And I don't see him picking her up or just going to her house.
icon5.gif

Two of the witnesses yesterday testified that it was quite normal for Brad to be watching the chidren while Nancy had time for herself, although they acknowledged that while Brad was doing his MBA he was very busy. The earlier testimony painted Nancy as being solely responsible for the chidlren, but I think that testimony was selected to give that impression. Yesteday's witnesses also testified that Nancy exaggerated and embellished so much that they called her on it. Would any of those friends that testified in the beginning have said something if Nancy was having an affair? Perhaps, and perhaps not. They seemed to have made up their collective minds that Brad did it, and they did not seem interested in providing any information that pointed in a different direction.

Also, we have the "alibi" comment from another friend, one that was uncomfortable with the fact that Nancy used her to explain to Brad what she was doing with her time. That suggests that Nancy had claimed, in the past, that she was doing one thing when she was in fact doing something else. According to Brad, Nancy went for a run. Perhaps she was meeting with someone, but Brad was given a line that "she was going for a run".

Actually I see it as within the first year of marriage to Brad she realized how dependent she was on Brad...and felt lonely and alienated. As a social butterfly personality ( as described by her friends and acquaintenances) It was doubly difficult for her to accept. IF she was so happy with the nice house, car and trips...why would she even try to get that Green card thru a stranger?..She had been promised that apparantly by Brad with the move to Cary NC..but it never even got pursuited...

I am sure her life with Brad became very difficult, and even she talked to her sister about it questioning herself about communicating with this fellow in FLA who seemed to be very interested in her. This all happened back in 2001. She apparantly re-committed herself to that marriage and tried to fill her life with children and a network of friends.... Having many miscarriages (likely due to her crohns Disease).she thought she could fill her loneliness..however, she vented her frustrations, kept busy with the kids and friends...The finding out about Brad's affair inside her house was the final straw. The rest is history..

So I guess I am respectfully disagreeing with your premise that her life was more exciting with Brad than before Brad..:seeya:

Nancy worked in some capacity at an oil company when she met Brad. I don't know what kind of education she had, but if she didn't have a degree she would have been doing something rather boring. Their marriage was shortly before Brad's transfer to N.C. so she could go with him. It seems to me that it started all wrong, and ended all wrong.

Brad did have an affair, but so did Nancy, so I'm having difficulties understanding why she treated his affair as a marriage breaker.

I'm curious about the zoomed information, and would like to know more. Zooming into the area of the drainage ditch seems to be a critical point, so I would like to see a clear connection between the file size, type and content and that particular location.

The FBI cursor files for the Google map search were placed on the overhead and Kurtz and JW discussed them. The open and closed hand files all had *identical* times and dates. Two explanations - either the files were invalid OR they were unchanged because they were STATIC files. That means the cursor/mouse was not moved...that means there was no zooming going on.

Secondly, these same cursor files have a .bmp extension. What type of file extension does Google Maps have for cursor files? .cur NOT .bmp. This is true now and was true in 2008.

Third, Kurtz made it a point to have JW discuss privacy terms of Google. They do not keep IP information associated with map searches for more than 9 months. However, they DO keep the files. Why do I think Kurtz brought this up? My hunch is the Google witness will get on the stand and say that
1)this file is not right because it is a .bmp file
2) we can't locate this file in our records.

Why else would Defense have Google testify? Please. I am open to any speculation any of you may have about this.

I am fine with all of you laughing at me, telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, etc., but this is what I believe is going to happen. Tampering will be proven without a doubt.

Aside from the Google search tampering, I believe it's evident someone was trying to run programs on BC's computer in that 27 hour time frame. It certainly appeared that way.

Nancy worked in some capacity at an oil company when she met Brad. I don't know what kind of education she had, but if she didn't have a degree she would have been doing something rather boring. Their marriage was shortly before Brad's transfer to N.C. so she could go with him. It seems to me that it started all wrong, and ended all wrong.

Brad did have an affair, but so did Nancy, so I'm having difficulties understanding why she treated his affair as a marriage breaker.

I'm not saying this was the case with NC, but I've seen a lot of scenarios where women stay married to someone, despite it not being a very loving relationship, simply because the status quo is better than the alternative. It's even more difficult once children are involved, since a lot would rather stay in the marriage for the kids, basically 'fake it' for their sake.

So, now we are to believe, Nancy, who has been criticized for telling too much of her personal life to friends or anyone that will listen......now, possibly was having an affair and kept it a complete secret, and ran off to see him on that deadly Sat. morning? Oy vey! No evidence she was having an affair prior to her death and any talk like that is inappropriate to the victim. JMO

There is evidence that she strayed from the marriage throughout the marriage. The trial has introduced this evidence, so it is appropriate to consider all possibilities in her murder.

It seems that Nancy complained to anyone that would listen that her marriage was on the rocks. She discussed personal, family details with people as soon as she met them. Since she was describing Brad as the bad guy in the marriage, do you really think that she would tell anyone if she was straying again? I doubt it.

Question.... defense claims NC had a secret facebook page. Did anyone ever find it?

I don't believe that. I think she confided to some of her closest "friends" and they were used as alibis.

There is evidence that she strayed from the marriage throughout the marriage. The trial has introduced this evidence, so it is appropriate to consider all possibilities in her murder.

It seems that Nancy complained to anyone that would listen that her marriage was on the rocks. She discussed personal, family details with people as soon as she met them. Since she was describing Brad as the bad guy in the marriage, do you really think that she would tell anyone if she was straying again? I doubt it.

IMO, she could of been sleeping with someone the day before she disappeared and I just don't think that person would of been involved in her death. I just haven't seen any evidence to support that.

Perhaps she viewed his affair differently from hers, early in their marriage, because they now had two children and she was thinking they were a family unit that would stay together? I'm sure it was devastating to learn that it was with someone she considered a friend. Double whammy!

Question.... defense claims NC had a secret facebook page. Did anyone ever find it?

It wasn't secret. She apparently set it up, friended two people, and then never bothered to use it Much ado about nothing really. Nancy was a people person, didn't use the computer to connect to people.

It wasn't secret. She apparently set it up, friended two people, and then never bothered to use it Much ado about nothing really. Nancy was a people person, didn't use the computer to connect to people.

ah okie doke. thanks :)

The FBI cursor files for the Google map search were placed on the overhead and Kurtz and JW discussed them. The open and closed hand files all had *identical* times and dates. Two explanations - either the files were invalid OR they were unchanged because they were STATIC files. That means the cursor/mouse was not moved...that means there was no zooming going on.

Secondly, these same cursor files have a .bmp extension. What type of file extension does Google Maps have for cursor files? .cur NOT .bmp. This is true now and was true in 2008.

Third, Kurtz made it a point to have JW discuss privacy terms of Google. They do not keep IP information associated with map searches for more than 9 months. However, they DO keep the files. Why do I think Kurtz brought this up? My hunch is the Google witness will get on the stand and say that
1)this file is not right because it is a .bmp file
2) we can't locate this file in our records.

Why else would Defense have Google testify? Please. I am open to any speculation any of you may have about this.

I am fine with all of you laughing at me, telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, etc., but this is what I believe is going to happen. Tampering will be proven without a doubt.

Aside from the Google search tampering, I believe it's evident someone was trying to run programs on BC's computer in that 27 hour time frame. It certainly appeared that way.

The .bmp file is certainly unusual. In my research, I found that google earth uses jpeg and png files. I would be surprised if Brad had set his computer to interpret or save image files as bmp files as they tend to be mcuh larger files. The only advantage is that they include vector data, and I don't see any reason for Brad needing those file types in his work.

Perhaps she viewed his affair differently from hers, early in their marriage, because they now had two children and she was thinking they were a family unit that would stay together? I'm sure it was devastating to learn that it was with someone she considered a friend. Double whammy!

Perhaps she viewed it like that, but once the marriage vows are broken it rather difficult to put them back in place. It looks to me that she thought it was ok for her to stray but when Brad did it, it was justification to file for divorce, take the children out of the country and request a generous check for the next 18 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500