State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, her husband cleared that up from the stand today- she wasn't being a psychic and predicting something bad was going to happen in the house, she meant that the marriage when she said things wouldn't end well. Listen to his testimony.

That was his interpretation and how he took it. I watched and listened to Donna's testimony and heard something more specific and not just about the marriage. Donna testified she was worried about Nancy the whole weekend and could not get her out of her thoughts--and Donna testified she didn't learn Nancy was missing until Sunday.

Well, the same can be said for NC and BC's plans with the Hillers the following night to get together. If she was in such a "hate mode" why make plans to get together with another couple and the husband you "hate".

It could have been a small red wine spill. Noone suggested it overtook the top half of her dress. She could have tried to clean it. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal. Why are you BDI folk so convinced it was not red wine?

Because she didn't want to be alone with her husband.

Oh no. I think we're talking about two different things. (Me and the other poster.) The stain found by the SBI could have come at any time after Nancy was alive wearing that dress. And after it was washed by Brad. MOO

LOL..Going quietly back to my corner...carry on...(or is that Cary ON)...

Before I get the banhammer, as to #2, did you also keep her love letters in a box in a closet for 10 years even after you were married?

I do. I saved everything from high school and college. I'm sure it's all in there, the love letters too. Doesn't mean I'm going to murder my husband.

He also couldn't remember the name of his nephew (brother's child) which I found sad at first but it really goes to his character. He wasn't a huggy, touchy feely guy and some people just aren't. Also, my mind goes blank trying to remember what it was I went into the grocery store for. I can't imagine 6 hours of deposition when your children are being taken from you and trying to remember names, dates, details.

My husband cannot remember the dates of our kids birthdays; his parents birthdays; his phone number; etc. He is not an overly touchy feely guy. He does not wear his emotions on his sleeve. Is he a bad person? Nope. Does this mean he is cold, callous, etc? Not at all. That is just his personality. We all laugh about his lack of memory skills. He has always been like that. He would not be able to get through 1 hour of deposition and the numerous questions thrown at him.

Oh dang...what's your orientation-BDDI OR BDI? I am so impressed by all the computer information, I can't keep everyone's WS Name in the correct column...:innocent:

I guess that would make my orientation BI with strong BDDI tendencies

Here is where I question what feeling her friend felt that Sat - obviously BC and NC were fighting for quite some time. She was in hate mode many times before this Friday night. Why all of a sudden the big concern at that particular point in time? Sure, they were overheard arguing at the Fri night party, but they also fought in public before (daycare). And it didn't sound like the fight at the party that Fri was very loud, etc.
No one testified that NC was particularly concerned about her safety that night. So - why the sudden gut feeling? Just seems so coincidental. Alll of a sudden their friend is murdered and a stranger had a "gut" feeling. Really????

I am anot blaming NC's friends, but I still find it VERY odd that JA was so concerned when NC was out running for only 1 hour before getting worried. And she changed the painting time from 9 am to 8 am. But, still said she was in bed at 8am. Just doesn't add up

I also found it extremely odd that if she was in such hate mode that she had planned a couples night to play games at their house with the Hillers.

The longer this case goes on, the more I lurk. I find it so amazing that when the DA was bringing in how Brad had cheated....people chimed in that it had nothing to do with the murder. Now, that it is out there that Nancy cheated... the fact that she cheated, has everything to do with who MURDERED her. People can keep saying that it is not attacking the victim, but I just disagree. It just leaves me with a icky feeling...the going on and on about how she spent, how she cheated, how she could have left but stayed for the lifestyle. She is gone...period. Brad can get up there and defend himself all day long....she never can. He lied about everything! I believe he murdered her and I hope that the jury will see through all this bs about her one night stands and all this computer jumble, which I believe the defense is using to confuse the jury, and see the real evidence. She was a liability to him, anyone should be able to see that, and he is an awful human. My thoughts go to the family having to listen to all this and hope her children never hear half of what is posted on this site. JMO.

I'm going by what Brad said in his depo. He said that Nancy told him that she spilled wine on her dress. The female friend witness today testified that she was drinking red wine. I'm going by what's in testimony.

Sorry but you have me confused here? Brad said she drank wine. The female friend she drank red wine. Brad said she spilled wine on her dress. Noone was able to prove one way or another whether it was wine. So - why are people so adamant that it was not red wine. Am I missing something here

For one thing, Nancy was not someone who would just blow off plans and disappear. Her friends' experiences over time led them to understand how Nancy was, whether she was reliable or not, whether she was punctual or not. These friends were with Nancy a lot, talking to her if not every day, almost every day. That's the testimony.

Have you never gotten an intuitive feeling? I sure have a few times, and they've been downright spooky. One was the night I found out my brother had died--got a weird gut feeling something big and bad was happening, about 3 hrs before I got the call. And yes it was completely unexpected.

Donna Lopez got that feeling. Nancy's friends felt something was off that day. JA testimony is not that she was worried after 1 hr. She called the first time around 9:30 - 10am to see where Nancy was. By the time JA got really worried, Nancy had been gone for nearly 6 hrs and did not bother to call, leaving 2 young kids and not showing up for plans in the morning or the afternoon. Why do you think they checked hospitals in the area? In case NC had been injured during what they thought was a morning run. Brad told them Nancy left around 7am. JA call to NON emergency police number was after 1pm.

You can discount human intuition but it does exist and sometimes you simply can't ignore it.

But you can't convict someone on it.

Before I get the banhammer, as to #2, did you also keep her love letters in a box in a closet for 10 years even after you were married?

I think a lot of people keep old momentos from their youth, or young life, love letters included in boxes for years and years, even after they are married. Your prior life didn't vanish because you got married. Maybe when you are 60 or 70 you will bring them out and read them and laugh at yourself. I really don't see that being a big thing.

That was his interpretation and how he took it. I watched and listened to Donna's testimony and heard something more specific and not just about the marriage. Donna testified she was worried about Nancy the whole weekend and could not get her out of her thoughts--and Donna testified she didn't learn Nancy was missing until Sunday.

If I remember correctly, they had just met Nancy. If that's true, then her first impression of the state of the marriage would have been Nancy's version of it. Since we know that Nancy embellished things, at least some times, then it's quite possible that the version that they got may not have been completely accurate and could be the reason why she was worried about Nancy the entire weekend.

Sorry but you have me confused here? Brad said she drank wine. The female friend she drank red wine. Brad said she spilled wine on her dress. Noone was able to prove one way or another whether it was wine. So - why are people so adamant that it was not red wine. Am I missing something here

No. No one else at the party could say that she had spilled anything on her dress. Many were asked and not one person said that they saw anything spilled on her dress. Brad is the only person that claimed she spilled anything on her dress.

I listen to both of the Lopez's testimony. It was heartbreaking and they genuinely seem to be caring people. So - please do not read this the wrong way.
But - if someone I had never met before came up to me at a party and started telling me how much she hated her husband and how bad her marriage was, etc, I would feel very uncomfortable and walk away. I would not want to get involved or hear this. It is one thing if NC wanted to vent with her friends, but to air your laundry on a complete stranger seems a bit odd and for that stranger to listen to the entire saga seems even odder.

Because she didn't want to be alone with her husband.

ummmmm - she could have went to one of her friends' house that Saturday night. She didn't have to be alone with Brad. She seemed to leave quite often to hang out with her friends when he came home from work. So - if she hated Brad so much at that point in time and told everyone and anyone how much she truly hated him, why in the world make plans with the man you hate and another couple.

My husband cannot remember the dates of our kids birthdays; his parents birthdays; his phone number; etc. He is not an overly touchy feely guy. He does not wear his emotions on his sleeve. Is he a bad person? Nope. Does this mean he is cold, callous, etc? Not at all. That is just his personality. We all laugh about his lack of memory skills. He has always been like that. He would not be able to get through 1 hour of deposition and the numerous questions thrown at him.

This is the exact kind of analysis of the evidence that I find so off base. It isn't the fact that he can't remember certain dates....it is that he is a disconnected person from those he should feel the most feelings. Yes, he is cold, callous etc. My kids and I tease my husband that he can be the nutty professor...but be assured, if anything ever happened to any of us, he would be busting down the LE doors, our friends, and family. How people do not see this man as a empty soul.........I just will never get. JMO

For one thing, Nancy was not someone who would just blow off plans and disappear. Her friends' experiences over time led them to understand how Nancy was, whether she was reliable or not, whether she was punctual or not. These friends were with Nancy a lot, talking to her if not every day, almost every day. That's the testimony.

Have you never gotten an intuitive feeling? I sure have a few times, and they've been downright spooky. One was the night I found out my brother had died--got a weird gut feeling something big and bad was happening, about 3 hrs before I got the call. And yes it was completely unexpected.

Donna Lopez got that feeling. Nancy's friends felt something was off that day. JA testimony is not that she was worried after 1 hr. She called the first time around 9:30 - 10am to see where Nancy was. By the time JA got really worried, Nancy had been gone for nearly 6 hrs and did not bother to call, leaving 2 young kids and not showing up for plans in the morning or the afternoon. Why do you think they checked hospitals in the area? In case NC had been injured during what they thought was a morning run. Brad told them Nancy left around 7am. JA call to NON emergency police number was after 1pm.

You can discount human intuition but it does exist and sometimes you simply can't ignore it.

And it's pretty hard to disclaim these intuitive feelings, when they turned out to be right. I mean, after all, Nancy is dead. Nancy was already dead when JA rose that morning. And not only friends and strangers knew, but nancy's family knew. The family that also knew Brad, knew when they discovered nancy was 'missing', that she wasn't coming back. Her identical twin sister knew, her dad knew. And they knew who to blame. they didn't say OMG, someone has kidnapped nancy. they knew it was brad, the man they knew very well. What a shame. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth