TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know that LE's silence indicates inaction. We know that these folks had electronic items in pretty good supply, GPS, cell phones, computers, highly placed postions with stable well known employers. We have computers at work, what kind of cell phones which may be like small computers etc....there is a lot to process here. We have one side of the story , ie: DH's, which has to be coroberated or refuted by evidence...it is not a 48 process, more's the pity. We have friends and family on both sides with divergent opinions. We know that the close bio family members of each side are likely to defend their loved ones...using that lens, how do you prove which side is more accurate.

It is a big job, there is a big area to search IF it is determined her disappearance is not voluntary.

JMO.

Just to let you know...

Hearing that from someone with as many posts as you have really is reassuring...it seems like so many days have gone by...we have thought exactly this, but then it seems like they should have some results by now!
That you seem to have "been around" enough to able to say that it's not such an un-usual LE silence-time, helps a great deal

I am glad there is some reassurance in my post for you, FBX-it's not even the just post numbers-I have been privileged to walk a few steps with the families of the missing, and have had a chance to work with a lot of different jurisdictions regarding investigations. I have rarely been disappointed with the effort put forward by these folks-although no one typically knows the whole story until the case has been solved.

As to the PI talking with LE but DH not cooperating...well I guess I would be surprised how much info LE would be willing to give inside of the investigation if they havent received full cooperation from the person closest to Gail, other than her children. Just doesnt seem to make much sense, but never say never.

The jeep has to be somewhere (obviously). I'm interested to know if either house has a garage. Also, are there secluded spots around the lake and river that one could either hide a vehicle or even submerge it in water without anyone seeing?

Well Shelby, I feel like an idiot. You are absolutely right. The jeep could be in the lake near the lakehouse. Assuming the property line does not extend into the water, AND assuming that the neighbors would be agreeable to LE poking around, I hope they get a boat with some sonar out there soon.

Well Shelby, I feel like an idiot. You are absolutely right. The jeep could be in the lake near the lakehouse. Assuming the property line does not extend into the water, AND assuming that the neighbors would be agreeable to LE poking around, I hope they get a boat with some sonar out there soon.

Hi Believe! Didn't mean to make you feel like that for sure!

I think that finding the vehicle is the first step to maybe finding Gail.

In one case that I followed very deeply, the vehicle was found in an apartment complex parking lot--kind of like hiding in plain sight.

I sure hope any searchers go out to the lake house and search all around there. I think I can look up the property tax statement online and possibly tell if there are garages at either location.

Also, regarding the tight-lipped-ness of law enforcement, if they know that an adult has left and is "hiding" on his/her own free will, then there is nothing they will do, or say about it. The one thing that people can do is to ask LE if they are still investigating the case as a missing person's case and even then, they don't have to tell you.

The jeep has to be somewhere (obviously). I'm interested to know if either house has a garage. Also, are there secluded spots around the lake and river that one could either hide a vehicle or even submerge it in water without anyone seeing?
We had another case here not too long ago where a person was missing along with his vehicle. A member here lived locally and was keeping an eye out. At some point this member was looking at a body of water and noticed what seemed to be a little bit of metal sticking out of the water. This turned out to be the tip of the antenna to the missing persons car and he was located. Unfortunate outcome, but at least he was located to be put to rest by his loved ones.
Another reason this is important is because due to discussion in this forum it brought attention to the situation and that caused the car to be found.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4835678&postcount=285"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NJ - Robert Hall Sr., 48, Montague, 28 Dec 2009[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94167"]Found Deceased NJ - Robert Hall Sr., 48, Montague, 28 Dec 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi Believe! Didn't mean to make you feel like that for sure!

I think that finding the vehicle is the first step to maybe finding Gail.

In one case that I followed very deeply, the vehicle was found in an apartment complex parking lot--kind of like hiding in plain sight.

I sure hope any searchers go out to the lake house and search all around there. I think I can look up the property tax statement online and possibly tell if there are garages at either location.

Also, regarding the tight-lipped-ness of law enforcement, if they know that an adult has left and is "hiding" on his/her own free will, then there is nothing they will do, or say about it. The one thing that people can do is to ask LE if they are still investigating the case as a missing person's case and even then, they don't have to tell you.
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=40+Ridgerock+Drive,+Signal+Mountain,+TN&aq=3&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.435825,134.912109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=40+Ridgerock+Dr,+Signal+Mountain,+Tennessee+37377&ll=35.153916,-85.33021&spn=0,0.032938&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=35.15397,-85.330275&panoid=bPD4m9lm0r-8eM-jYiALDw&cbp=12,59.4,,0,0.82"]40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain, TN - Google Maps[/ame]

PSA:

As a general rule, we do not use WS as a platform to encourage letter writing. What anyone may do offboard is of course up to the individual.

Shelby, I'm the one stumbling over rules. I don't even know what PSA means. I thought it was a medical test. Some things seem okay to quote and others not, and it's okay to suggest fliers but not editorials. I really am confused. I'm generally not thought of as a rule-breaker. My apologies!

My understanding is the lake home is in Lake Jordan about 25 miles north of Montgomery, Alabama about four hours away from their home on Signal Mountain.. Am I wrong in having this understanding?

Shelby, I'm the one stumbling over rules. I don't even know what PSA means. I thought it was a medical test. Some things seem okay to quote and others not, and it's okay to suggest fliers but not editorials. I really am confused. I'm generally not thought of as a rule-breaker. My apologies!

I understand the confusion, no worries. Our Terms Of Service should help you negotiate...the thing about encouraging others to contact media etc is that we dont want to appear to be supporting any single cause over another using WS, or any particular postion on people of interest over another when there is such limited info.

Feel free to contact whomever you feel might be able to help bring attention to this case...I am certain others have.

As for posters-printing out your own and posting it will raise awareness no matter what board you are affiliated with!!

:hug: you are not a rule breaker Pearl and we appreciate all your contributions.

We do have many rules here and it does take a bit of getting used to,but moderators are here to help and it keeps this site as more of a help than a hindrance by having so many rules.

Typically, quoting from another site can be 10% of the quote and a link.

When it comes to anonymous comments from other sites, we try to keep those unquoted because we have no way to verify their accuracy or who posted them. But they are ok to discuss to a degree, as long as they don't become fact through the discussion.

Here is a link to the general rules and etiquette and hopefully this will help everyone. Not everything is spelled out and some things are on a forum by forum basis.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

PSA is Public Service Announcement

Just thinking out loud here. All of the 911 calls I was kind of finding disturbing until it occurred to me, while reading the posts here today, that indeed Gail may be a mandatory reporter due to her doctorate. (?) She does have a doctorate, correct? This would explain alot.

My point of referrance in the situation as I see it is I was once in an abusive situation. My husband was wonderful on the one hand and terror on the other. In retrospect I was not a very smart girl. I hid his (and by relation mine) issues from loved ones and friends. Thinking I was smart enough and tough enough to "save" him from himself and therefore my marriage. Dumb.

She appears to be a very smart woman and may have been torn between maintaining privacy and keeping faith with her training. This might make the reports kind of odd sounding.

I also wanted to add another couple of thoughts, total speculation but it's something that stuck out at me when I was reading the news articles again tonight:

Gail apparently hid a key from the husband so he couldn't drive. She also called 911 when he jumped out of the car and started walking. Both of these things sound like she is trying to prevent the husband from being hurt, and I wonder if he was on medication that had side effects which affected his judgment, balance, alertness, etc. With her education and experience, she would know more than anyone about medication issues and might have been worried about him driving or walking on a road alone.

Also, I work in medical records and have worked on many psychology and social work reports. The counselors always tell the families to call 911 if the someone might be at risk of harm to self or others. Perhaps those 911 domestic calls weren't domestic violence in the classic sense but calls for help regarding assistance with a mental or emotional issue. That might explain why LE decided Gail should take the kids and go to the other house.

If the husband is ill, that would explain why he/his family doesn't want this story to go national.

Again, these are just thoughts.

This is a fair point, but if she had called 911 for an EDP (emotionally disturbed person), which encompasses just about everything, that would have been in the report and in most cases an ambulance would have arrived for a general once over/to take the EDP to the hospital for observation. If Gail had called for the purpose of stopping her husband from doing something to himself/others or because he was emotionally distraught/disturbed/outright raging, it would have been considered an EDP rather than a domestic dispute, at least where I am from. Because none of this happened it, or that we know if, this seems like a basic case of a marital spat where police were called, perhaps for unwarranted reasons.

Good afternoon all . . .

Quote:
I do know a friend of the family though and she was told that the family doesn't want national attention. Not sure what that's about.

I'm new here and a 30 year friend of Gail's from high school. I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with her sister Diane yesterday and this is what she told me, "Tell everyone to post Gail's face and jeep information everywhere!!! We need to find her!!!"

I created a new flyer and sent it to our HS class alumni and it is being passed around the country as we speak. We've already had one strange incident with someone from Chattanooga telling someone to stop passing out the flyers because, "you can see why it is embarrassing" and "there were some problems and she probably just took off." As many of you say, my hinky meter is going bananas on this one.

Please help us pray that she is okay and will be found safe and sound very soon. Visit our Facebook page "Bring Gail Home Now" for the latest pictures and flyers.

Good afternoon all . . .

Quote:
I do know a friend of the family though and she was told that the family doesn't want national attention. Not sure what that's about.

I'm new here and a 30 year friend of Gail's from high school. I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with her sister Diane yesterday and this is what she told me, "Tell everyone to post Gail's face and jeep information everywhere!!! We need to find her!!!"

I created a new flyer and sent it to our HS class alumni and it is being passed around the country as we speak. We've already had one strange incident with someone from Chattanooga telling someone to stop passing out the flyers because, "you can see why it is embarrassing" and "there were some problems and she probably just took off." As many of you say, my hinky meter is going bananas on this one.

Please help us pray that she is okay and will be found safe and sound very soon. Visit our Facebook page "Bring Gail Home Now" for the latest pictures and flyers.
Thank you for posting this. I think have seen your flyer and it looks great. I think it is posted in this thread.

welcome

Good afternoon all . . .

Quote:

Are you able to tell which "family" does not want attention? It would appear that her brother and sister do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk