Wetumpka Alabama "A GATHERING for GAIL"

Time
Monday, May 23 · 4:00pm - 7:00pm

4538 Us Highway 231, AL 36092
Wetumpka, AL

Created By
Bring Gail Home Now

More Info
At 4pm this Monday, May 23, 2011 @ the Walmart Supercenter in Wetumpka, Alabama, which is located on 4538 Us Highway 231, AL 36092 there will be a gathering of Gail's Wetumpka friends. Hopefully many will choose to come Monday afternoon to help her "Best Friend", Arlene Durham, search areas near the family's 2 summer residences.

This time will also be spent handing out "MISSING" flyers/posters to the locals. Arlene will also be able to answer questions and take suggestions about the next meeting of Gail's friends(should there be a need to meet again). God willing there will not be a need for a second Wetumpka meeting because Gail comes home safely soon.

Please join us in showing our support & love to Gail's family, as we consider ourselves part of Gail's extended family and we all want to help "BRING GAIL HOME NOW". In the event you cannot come ... please pass (SHARE) this EVENT INVITATION with ev1 of your Facebook friends ... they may be able to attend in your absence. If you don't pass along the INVITE they will never know ... SPREAD THE WORD ~ BRING GAIL HOME NOW~

~ Thank you and God Bless you all ~

Hi All,

Up late and just reread what was posted again...and looked up a few things...

http://m.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

>>Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen.

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed."

It was a bizzare conversation and Diane wonders if it's in any way connected to Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren. "I know they had some marriage problems."

Nichols says Gail and Matthew recently filed for a legal separation. Police came to the Palmgren residence the day before she was last seen, responding to a domestic dispute call.<<

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ren-missing-husband-files-for-custody-of-kids

>>He also stated that she was writing down license plate numbers to identify drivers that she thought were following her. <<

From the above and the other things we know, I am beginning to get a picture... Here is what I am seeing...

Gail "was" being followed. She "was" scared. Gail "was" writing down license numbers as a result. She left quickly on the day she went missing, her sister mentioned she thought she was being followed. I believe that means that "on that day," again, she "knew" she was being followed.

My guess is that she "knew" she was being followed and probably knew she was being followed all the way from Alabama. Alternately, she knew that she was being followed upon arrival in town.

Someone -- the person who WAS following her -- "knew" Gails comings and going and "she" wasn't telling them, but someone somehow knew where she was and/or about when she would be back near the home.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

>>He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."<<

Matt proposed to meet Gail at the home. Matt knew what time he proposed to meet her and probably had a good idea of her routes and arrivals both away from home to Alabama and back home again.

Guessing... If it wasn't Gail who was who was informing the "follower," it was the only person who would be aware of where she would be more often than anyone else. It was that, or the "follower" was capable of hearing all of her conversations "or" someone else's who knew her comings/goings. The "follower" didn't just sit outside the front of the house 24/7. No, they were getting information and they "were" following her.

So... It is interesting that Matt says he has hired a PI, or is that two PI's? My guess is that he is not new to hiring PI's. My guess is that there was a PI on Gail's track for reasons of the separation which is said to have been filed..

Note that Gail's sister was quoted as saying, "Gail and Matthew recently filed for a legal separation." What she said was if to say "Gail" participated in filing for a legal separation...but we see this:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/

>>On May 6, Matthew Palmgren filed documents in Hamilton County Chancery Court, requesting a legal separation from his wife, asking for exclusive use of their home and temporary custody of the children. A chancellor is scheduled to rule on the motions.<<

So...were "they" supposed to file for the separation (or one of them or the other), but then Gail disappeared, so Matt followed through afterwards? Hmmmm... OR did Gail file, and Matt was countering and asking for custody? If Gail filed, did she ask for custody? Or maybe Gail was going to file and Matt found the paperwork and got irate about what was written in it and ???

Thinking... Gail came home, having noticed she had been followed either from Alabama or as soon as she was back in town, OR she noticed that person in the neighborhood just as soon as she started unpacking the car. Either way, I think that is how she might have gotten separated from her license... She got home and:

a) started to unload, kids and purse in the house, saw the "follower" and then hollered to the kids "you stay here, I'll be right back." (she wanted to go follow, so going back in to get her DL would have lost her time in following to get their license number, she knew she would only follow them a little ways and then return.)

OR

b) she "knew' the follower had been following her for "miles" or as soon as she got back in town, she pulled up, hustled the kids in and advertently or inadvertently put her purse down before running back to the car and trying to catch up with the follower to get their license.

I'm thinking Gail may well have headed out to chase a car down and get a license number, and I'm thinking Matt might have known that and that was a reason for his statement about her writing down license numbers. Now just how would he have known that? Well maybe he got a call..."Hey, I was tailing your wife, she saw me and started to chase me, uh...there was a little accident -- just so you know."

Maybe the accident unintentionally occurred due to a race to catch up and get the license number, or maybe it was meant to be the intentional result of this person following her... i.e. get her upset about being followed, and make sure she has an accident trying to catch up in her so-called "mental" problem of thinking someone was following her and trying to catch up with them.

We have read:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...-conference-for-missing-signal-mountain-woman

>>In June 2010, Gail lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals. She told friends and family that she thought that Matthew was having an affair after she found hotel invoices from DoubleTree hotel and a Hampton Inn in Chattanooga.

&#8220;There was talk about that. She had no proof at that point. She did mention she found some things and she was going to further investigate it. She may have found something. She could have gotten concrete proof," said Diane.<<

So...she was going to investigate further? Maybe she was dead set on finding out who it was that was following her and why they were. She might have been scared, but maybe she wasn't so scared she wasn't going to figure out what the heck was going on with being followed.

Which gets me scratching my head, did she report this "being followed" to the police OR did she have a basic clue who was doing it and didn't report it because she didn't want to "dirty" their name until she could prove it?

Finally, we have had a few people say something to the effect of "there were some strange things going on in that house." So, what were those strange things? Was someone being permitted to go in there to dig through things, is that why Gail was taking them elsewhere, maybe she knew someone was doing that and she needed to get things to safety? Was someone doing something to a) dig up some stuff on her for a divorce-- or set her up for something to be dug up OR b) drive her up a wall to make her look crazy OR c) set up a trap where she might hurt herself or be killed in that house "accidentally?"

Bottomline, I'm feeling like Gail went in pursuit of someone following her and something happened. I'm thinking the car went off the road... "IF" her phone was on her, I have thought of the scenario of the car going off and into and under water, then -- and I really hate to say it -- several days later her car and/or body floating out of the water in a location where it pinged before floating out of range.

Is there a river nearby that the car could have gone off and into, i.e.something which flowed such that something would float away from the cell phone tower?

Late night thoughts, hated to write them because I just so do not want her unwell or lost to her children :( I just think that at least a few things might be coming into a little clearer focus :(

She was without her passport, her DL, her credit cards etc...she had her keys and her phone. And her car.

Did she have her DL before she left for the Lake House?

How does anyone decide to take off without everything they might need for at least a little while? :waitasec:

She was doing nothing, legally, wrong if she left for a while. No reason not to take anything.

So where are all of her id's and credit/debit cards now, and is that how MP knew she had changed the pin? Because he used the card?

So confusing.

Right, this is what makes me question if someone might have taken her wallet prior to the trip to the Lake House, and that resulted in the changing of PINs on her part.

This just occurred to me: Matt wants a restraining order because Gail took her passport and he's afraid she might sneak back and take the kids out of the country.

But Gail didn't take her passport. Susie has it along with some cash. Matt didn't know that though. Apparently he went looking for Gail's stuff, saw the passport was missing, and decided to file a restraining order.

When he looked through that stuff, he would have seen that her driver's license and credit cards were still there. And now he knows her passport is with Susie and not with Gail. So why keep asking for a restraining order?

If I were Gail's family, I would press the SMPD/HCSO,
for all available information regarding Gail's cell phone pings
after she departed the residence, at approx. 12:15 pm on
Saturday, April 30th.

Diane Nichols, Gail's sister, said traces on Gail Palmgren&#8217;s cellphone
directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain.
http://bit.ly/iHvcJV

I'd especially question the above information, as to how the SMPD
arrived at the determination of the north Signal Mountain location.
Even contact the Cell Tower Service provider for help in interpreting
the ping history of Gail's phone. Mountainous areas make it
difficult to trust that task to a local LE jurisdiction.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office should prove to be much more
reliable in the interpretation of cell phone pings.
a high resolution topographical map of the surrounding area
from the U.S Geological Survey
including the area of the responding cell towers
would be invaluable in interpreting pings

But I'd still press for as much information on the ping history
as possible.

Re her fears of being followed, I posted a couple of days ago that her fears were probably based on what was being said to her by the husband, and I have no doubt that she may have indeed been followed by a PI being hired by her husband to gather evidence of her being nuts, or well just doing something wrong which may help his cause in the divorce/custody battle.

As I live on the other side of the planet can I ask if where she lives is up a mountain???? I know it is a stupid question but I thought I'd check. And if she does live up a mountain is it a windy road that someone can go of the edge? And if someone can drive of the edge of the road easily is it possible for a car wreck to be not seen easily???

For instance about 45 mins up the highway from where I am, we have a village that is right up the top of a mountain (it is extremely beautiful right in the rainforest...for anyone coming over on a holiday!!!) and to get there it is about a 20 mile drive along very windy roads. I have only been up there twice as I find the trip terrifying. Anyhow a lady went missing from Paluma and they ended up finding her car a couple of weeks later off the side of the mountain. It took them ages to find it.

Is this a possibility or do I have the terrain all wrong?

Revampz, it was discussed a little in the first thread. She does live on a mountain, and there are several windy and/or cliff roads, however it seems unlikely that she had an accident as it would leave behind some sort of evidence. Broken guard rail, skid marks, broken trees, etc.

This just occurred to me: Matt wants a restraining order because Gail took her passport and he's afraid she might sneak back and take the kids out of the country.

But Gail didn't take her passport. Susie has it along with some cash. Matt didn't know that though. Apparently he went looking for Gail's stuff, saw the passport was missing, and decided to file a restraining order.

When he looked through that stuff, he would have seen that her driver's license and credit cards were still there. And now he knows her passport is with Susie and not with Gail. So why keep asking for a restraining order?

Because the kids passports are missing too. That was brought out in something here or in the paper-don't remember which.

As I live on the other side of the planet can I ask if where she lives is up a mountain???? I know it is a stupid question but I thought I'd check. And if she does live up a mountain is it a windy road that someone can go of the edge? And if someone can drive of the edge of the road easily is it possible for a car wreck to be not seen easily???

Is this a possibility or do I have the terrain all wrong?

Well, it's possible she went off the bluffs somewhere and slipped under the Kudzu....but not to be too disparaging, Signal Mountain compared to your mountains is really just a wee hill!
Many of us are frustrated that no apparent search of these possible areas has been executed by police. The thought has been that they are working on other leads and so do not feel the need...
It would be nice to have a confirmed sighting at the bottom of the mountain, and possibly, the cell pings are what the police are using as a benchmark for this? They may know that she left the Mountain area.

I have been wondering about the broad scope of the ping area...if Gail had a newer phone (seems likely), don't they have a GPS tracker in them? More info on the pings would really help us with where to look...or not to look.

Also...The North foot/base of the mountain in local speak is not Dunlap because the foot/base of the mountain is where the W and 127 come down. The other way it is Walden's Ridge rather than The Mountain....So what is most North in that area, is what this reference means.

Well, it's possible she went off the bluffs somewhere and slipped under the Kudzu....but not to be too disparaging, Signal Mountain compared to your mountains is really just a wee hill!
Many of us are frustrated that no apparent search of these possible areas has been executed by police. The thought has been that they are working on other leads and so do not feel the need...
It would be nice to have a confirmed sighting at the bottom of the mountain, and possibly, the cell pings are what the police are using as a benchmark for this? They may know that she left the Mountain area.

I have been wondering about the broad scope of the ping area...if Gail had a newer phone (seems likely), don't they have a GPS tracker in them? More info on the pings would really help us with where to look...or not to look.

what this reference means.Also...The North foot/base of the mountain in local speak is not Dunlap because the foot/base of the mountain is where the W and 127 come down. The other way it is Walden's Ridge rather than The Mountain....So what is most North in that area, is

I thought it was stated the ping on the 30th came from the North base of the mountain.I don't recall reading it was the North foot base of the mountain, however I would think where the W comes down to Mountain Creek Road would be located north of where 127 turns into Signal Mtn Blvd at the foot of the mtn..JMHO

Wanted to bring out a couple things here.......again from experience.

1) WHY HAVE THEY WAITING SO LONG TO SEARCH???????

2) I wonder if she took the passports fearing he would try to leave the country with the kids??? just a thought.....

3) Could the motive be jealousy of girlfriend?

4) I know there was talk that she MIGHT have been on her way or going to walmart on the 30th. I did not read if this was ever able to be confirmed or not, but my aunt was last seen at a walmart. They did not have camera's in the parking lot, but they did have them at the entrance doors, etc. They were able to see her walking in, which gave a description of clothes, time frames, etc. We were not able to see anyone following her at this point, however, if she did go to walmart, it may be different in her case???? just thoughts....

5) I know the family has turned down a lot of media coverage and are being very selective in what they are allowing.

Wanted to bring out a couple things here.......again from experience.

1) WHY HAVE THEY WAITING SO LONG TO SEARCH???????

2) I wonder if she took the passports fearing he would try to leave the country with the kids??? just a thought.....

3) Could the motive be jealousy of girlfriend?

4) I know there was talk that she MIGHT have been on her way or going to walmart on the 30th. I did not read if this was ever able to be confirmed or not, but my aunt was last seen at a walmart. They did not have camera's in the parking lot, but they did have them at the entrance doors, etc. They were able to see her walking in, which gave a description of clothes, time frames, etc. We were not able to see anyone following her at this point, however, if she did go to walmart, it may be different in her case???? just thoughts....

5) I know the family has turned down a lot of media coverage and are being very selective in what they are allowing.

BBM-we dont know where and when LE has searched. I think we have gleaned some indication that they have-the press about the recent look at the lake house is a good example.

Because the kids passports are missing too. That was brought out in something here or in the paper-don't remember which.

The paper work MP filed at the court house makes this statement. I dont believe that it has been verified by any other outside source. I am not saying it is untrue-simply that this is where the statement was made.

Which begs the question-why did she return them to him if she was going to bug out with them at a later date?

If I were Gail's family, I would press the SMPD/HCSO,
for all available information regarding Gail's cell phone pings
after she departed the residence, at approx. 12:15 pm on
Saturday, April 30th.

Diane Nichols, Gail's sister, said traces on Gail Palmgren&#8217;s cellphone
directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain.
http://bit.ly/iHvcJV

I'd especially question the above information, as to how the SMPD
arrived at the determination of the north Signal Mountain location.
Even contact the Cell Tower Service provider for help in interpreting
the ping history of Gail's phone. Mountainous areas make it
difficult to trust that task to a local LE jurisdiction.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office should prove to be much more
reliable in the interpretation of cell phone pings.
a high resolution topographical map of the surrounding area
from the U.S Geological Survey
including the area of the responding cell towers
would be invaluable in interpreting pings

But I'd still press for as much information on the ping history
as possible.

I think that this might take care of the question as to the thinking regarding whether or not she made it off the mountain, at least on Saturday. I suppose it does not indicate whether or not she went back up. Later.

ETA: We do not know whether or not family already has it and has been asked not to release it...

Thank you. Susie has her passport, MP has her DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000