TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Ex Parte Order-it was going to be granted if it hasnt been already. IMVHO. It makes sense. Now, what will be interesting will be what happens with the bank accounts...that will be the next skirmish I would assume.

Will this prevent her from returning if she can? It is reversible. Completely and utterly reversible.

if we knew which cell service Gail had
here are the tower locations.

ATT Sprint Verizon Cell Towers
http://bit.ly/mT5X8h (scroll down, filter)

but we don't have a record of Gail's cell phone pings,
so we don't have anything to compare your proposed work to.

Well if she was at the base of the mountain, say the Walmart- it would be fairly easy to to tell when service went out on the way back up. Or down for that matter- especially if you're using several different services. They all borrow or lease one anothers towers- so if an area is out completely- then you're not going to pick up anything no matter what service you are using.

Regarding the RO, it is to keep her away from the marital home and to keep her from taking the kids out of Hamilton County.

Someones post earlier summed it up: Gail come home but stay within 200 feet of the house when you get here.

"Caravan for Gail" Nowacki Palmgren

The above poster is of missing mom from Signal Mountain, TN, Gail Nowacki Palmgren, age 44, last seen on Saturday April 30, 2011. Gail dropped off her 9 and 12 year old children at the marital residence and left. She has not been seen or heard from since. She and the kids spent the prior night at the family cabin near Montgomery, AL, after police responded to a domestic related call on April 29th, not the first time. Law Enforcement also provided a few safe telephone numbers for shelter services to Gail.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/05/caravan-for-gail-nowacki-palmgren.html

Hi All,

Up late and just reread what was posted again...and looked up a few things...

http://m.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

>>Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen.

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed."

It was a bizzare conversation and Diane wonders if it's in any way connected to Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren. "I know they had some marriage problems."

Nichols says Gail and Matthew recently filed for a legal separation. Police came to the Palmgren residence the day before she was last seen, responding to a domestic dispute call.<<

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ren-missing-husband-files-for-custody-of-kids

>>He also stated that she was writing down license plate numbers to identify drivers that she thought were following her. <<

From the above and the other things we know, I am beginning to get a picture... Here is what I am seeing...

Gail "was" being followed. She "was" scared. Gail "was" writing down license numbers as a result. She left quickly on the day she went missing, her sister mentioned she thought she was being followed. I believe that means that "on that day," again, she "knew" she was being followed.

My guess is that she "knew" she was being followed and probably knew she was being followed all the way from Alabama. Alternately, she knew that she was being followed upon arrival in town.

Someone -- the person who WAS following her -- "knew" Gails comings and going and "she" wasn't telling them, but someone somehow knew where she was and/or about when she would be back near the home.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

>>He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."<<

Matt proposed to meet Gail at the home. Matt knew what time he proposed to meet her and probably had a good idea of her routes and arrivals both away from home to Alabama and back home again.

Guessing... If it wasn't Gail who was who was informing the "follower," it was the only person who would be aware of where she would be more often than anyone else. It was that, or the "follower" was capable of hearing all of her conversations "or" someone else's who knew her comings/goings. The "follower" didn't just sit outside the front of the house 24/7. No, they were getting information and they "were" following her.

So... It is interesting that Matt says he has hired a PI, or is that two PI's? My guess is that he is not new to hiring PI's. My guess is that there was a PI on Gail's track for reasons of the separation which is said to have been filed..

Note that Gail's sister was quoted as saying, "Gail and Matthew recently filed for a legal separation." What she said was if to say "Gail" participated in filing for a legal separation...but we see this:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/

>>On May 6, Matthew Palmgren filed documents in Hamilton County Chancery Court, requesting a legal separation from his wife, asking for exclusive use of their home and temporary custody of the children. A chancellor is scheduled to rule on the motions.<<

So...were "they" supposed to file for the separation (or one of them or the other), but then Gail disappeared, so Matt followed through afterwards? Hmmmm... OR did Gail file, and Matt was countering and asking for custody? If Gail filed, did she ask for custody? Or maybe Gail was going to file and Matt found the paperwork and got irate about what was written in it and ???

Thinking... Gail came home, having noticed she had been followed either from Alabama or as soon as she was back in town, OR she noticed that person in the neighborhood just as soon as she started unpacking the car. Either way, I think that is how she might have gotten separated from her license... She got home and:

a) started to unload, kids and purse in the house, saw the "follower" and then hollered to the kids "you stay here, I'll be right back." (she wanted to go follow, so going back in to get her DL would have lost her time in following to get their license number, she knew she would only follow them a little ways and then return.)

OR

b) she "knew' the follower had been following her for "miles" or as soon as she got back in town, she pulled up, hustled the kids in and advertently or inadvertently put her purse down before running back to the car and trying to catch up with the follower to get their license.

I'm thinking Gail may well have headed out to chase a car down and get a license number, and I'm thinking Matt might have known that and that was a reason for his statement about her writing down license numbers. Now just how would he have known that? Well maybe he got a call..."Hey, I was tailing your wife, she saw me and started to chase me, uh...there was a little accident -- just so you know."

Maybe the accident unintentionally occurred due to a race to catch up and get the license number, or maybe it was meant to be the intentional result of this person following her... i.e. get her upset about being followed, and make sure she has an accident trying to catch up in her so-called "mental" problem of thinking someone was following her and trying to catch up with them.

We have read:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...-conference-for-missing-signal-mountain-woman

>>In June 2010, Gail lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals. She told friends and family that she thought that Matthew was having an affair after she found hotel invoices from DoubleTree hotel and a Hampton Inn in Chattanooga.

“There was talk about that. She had no proof at that point. She did mention she found some things and she was going to further investigate it. She may have found something. She could have gotten concrete proof," said Diane.<<

So...she was going to investigate further? Maybe she was dead set on finding out who it was that was following her and why they were. She might have been scared, but maybe she wasn't so scared she wasn't going to figure out what the heck was going on with being followed.

Which gets me scratching my head, did she report this "being followed" to the police OR did she have a basic clue who was doing it and didn't report it because she didn't want to "dirty" their name until she could prove it?

Finally, we have had a few people say something to the effect of "there were some strange things going on in that house." So, what were those strange things? Was someone being permitted to go in there to dig through things, is that why Gail was taking them elsewhere, maybe she knew someone was doing that and she needed to get things to safety? Was someone doing something to a) dig up some stuff on her for a divorce-- or set her up for something to be dug up OR b) drive her up a wall to make her look crazy OR c) set up a trap where she might hurt herself or be killed in that house "accidentally?"

Bottomline, I'm feeling like Gail went in pursuit of someone following her and something happened. I'm thinking the car went off the road... "IF" her phone was on her, I have thought of the scenario of the car going off and into and under water, then -- and I really hate to say it -- several days later her car and/or body floating out of the water in a location where it pinged before floating out of range.

Is there a river nearby that the car could have gone off and into, i.e.something which flowed such that something would float away from the cell phone tower?

Late night thoughts, hated to write them because I just so do not want her unwell or lost to her children :( I just think that at least a few things might be coming into a little clearer focus :(

:rocker:

:goodpost:

I really do think that IF the husband has anything to do with her disappearance, he had an accomplice that was following her.

We have to realize that police treat missing adults as if they do have the right to leave on their own accord. Since she was having marital problems, the police will automatically assume that she may have left on her own if there is no sign of foul play. Unfortunately, this assumption is often very, very wrong. :(

:rocker:

:goodpost:

I really do think that IF the husband has anything to do with her disappearance, he had an accomplice that was following her.

We have to realize that police treat missing adults as if they do have the right to leave on their own accord. Since she was having marital problems, the police will automatically assume that she may have left on her own if there is no sign of foul play. Unfortunately, this assumption is often very, very wrong. :(

I think LE considers many scenarios. One is the possibility that she left on her own. At this point, it is hard to follow any rational behavior patterns to draw a firm conclusion. Based on the known information, the most likely scenario is that she left on her own and anything afterwards does not involve the husband. Again, that does not eliminate other possibilities.

Combined, they own three parcels in Elmore Co, AL.

http://www.elmorerevenuecommissioner.com/search.aspx

Are there separate homes on each "parcel"? And do the police there know about this?

ETA: I ask that because today's Free-Press article mentions Elmore police going to the "home" singular.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/20/palmgren-search-takes-investigators-alabama/

On Thursday, local authorities traveled to Elmore County, Ala., where she and her husband, Matthew, have a home on Lake Jordan.

Ricky Lowery, chief deputy with the Elmore County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, said his agency has been called out to the residence twice since Gail Palmgren was reported missing.

&#8220;There&#8217;s no signs of anyone being there,&#8221; he said Thursday.

Deputies in Alabama were not called to the house before Gail Palmgren was reported missing and haven&#8217;t searched the area, Lowery said.

Atruefriend is verified as a local and Gail's friend.

Welcome to WS!!!

Are there separate homes on each "parcel"? And do the police there know about this?

ETA: I ask that because today's Free-Press article mentions Elmore police going to the "home" singular.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/20/palmgren-search-takes-investigators-alabama/

It appears that the property with joint ownership has a home on it. The other 2 parcels, listing Gail as the owner, does not appear to have a house on it. One of those two does have an improvement listed but valued very low, so, I am assuming it is not a house.

This is public information I found in less than 5 minutes. I am sure LE knows of the properties.

ATRUEFRIEND, are you able to tell us whether Gail was a 'lone ranger' kind of a person or one where she let others have a bit more influence over her actions? I ask this because I am the type of person where my stubborness would likely prevent me from ever running away from a situation. I just get too damn angry when I feel like someone is trying to hurt me/someone I love or trying to unfairly take things from me/someone I love. I have learned over-and-over-again that whenever I let someone else make a decision for me, it is the wrong one. This tendency, unfortunately, can be to my detriment. On the other hand, I know women (I'm sure men too, I just don't happen to have a personal example) who withdraw within themselves in difficult situations and, for lack of a better term, allow themselves to become a 'victim', becoming nervous, tentative, reactionary, etc...

If we had a better idea of Gail's behavioral patterns, then we would likely be able to better guess as to whether she would abandon her life and her children.

BTW - My sense from what all I have read is that there is no way she is gone intentionally.

I’m not sure how much we can hope that cell pings will help.

Service may have been lost or at best off and on during crucial points of the timeline.

I found this about cell phone service after the 4/27 tornados:

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/03/telecoms-toil-restore-signal-after-massive-chattan/

So as of May 3 there were still many cell towers down and wide spread cell outages. Towers that were not down were out because of the loss of power and lack of generator back up.

Alabama was even worst hit:

http://us.generation-nt.com/gatr-supports-local-agencies-tornado-victims-critical-press-2923022.html

Articles say that working networks were overwhelmed.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=14529210

Wednesday night Amato said he was going to keep trying to get in contact with his father, who lives in the northern part of the state in Huntsville, also was also hit by tornadoes earlier in the day.
He said it was hard because cell phone reception was spotty, and he could only receive the occasional incoming phone call.
This quote was Wednesday 4/28 but from what I can glean as described was the case for several days to a week after 4/27]

Since imo and looking at FFJ's map the last ping was close-ish to MP’s Mom’s house I’ll go out on a limb and say GP may have been heading there to meet/confront MP. That was his reported location that day?

Has the area around Roberts Mill Road been searched?

All imo

I’m not sure how much we can hope that cell pings will help.

Service may have been lost or at best off and on during crucial points of the timeline.

I found this about cell phone service after the 4/27 tornados:

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/03/telecoms-toil-restore-signal-after-massive-chattan/

So as of May 3 there were still many cell towers down and wide spread cell outages. Towers that were not down were out because of the loss of power and lack of generator back up.

Alabama was even worst hit:

http://us.generation-nt.com/gatr-supports-local-agencies-tornado-victims-critical-press-2923022.html

Articles say that working networks were overwhelmed.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=14529210

This quote was Wednesday 4/28 but from what I can glean as described was the case for several days to a week after 4/27]

Since imo and looking at FFJ's map the last ping was close-ish to MP’s Mom’s house I’ll go out on a limb and say GP may have been heading there to meet/confront MP. That was his reported location that day?

Has the area around Roberts Mill Road been searched?

All imo

I haven't heard about any searches of Roberts Mill Road. I'm not sure if that's one of the places they are going to search on Sunday either. :( But surely the Signal Mt. police have at least looked on the side of the road up there. A video I found on YouTube of a woman driving down RMR shows a guard rail along most of it, so if someone went over in a jeep there would probably be signs of that. But who knows?

I think the tornado damage to cell phone towers might indeed be a problem, both here and in Alabama. As I wrote yesterday, my neighbors were having trouble with Verizon and other companies. We have AT&T phones and I live near a ridge where there are multiple towers, so we never completely lost connection. However, we got strange messages a few times about "Emergency Use Only," and our phones wouldn't work for a few minutes, but afterwards we could call out again.

On the radio it was stated over and over that Rinngold, GA, emergency crews were begging people not to use their cellphones so the channels would be open as they rescued people.

And of course, people were having trouble recharging their phones due to no electricity. One of our neighbors drove out on the night of the tornadoes to shop for a car charger and nearly got caught up in the last killer storm (bad idea on her part). By the time she got home, stuff was flying through the air! We barely missed the storm that went through Ringgold and Apison by just three miles. *shudder*

I haven't heard about any searches of Roberts Mill Road. I'm not sure if that's one of the places they are going to search on Sunday either. :( But surely the Signal Mt. police have at least looked on the side of the road up there. A video I found on YouTube of a woman driving down RMR shows a guard rail along most of it, so if someone went over in a jeep there would probably be signs of that. But who knows?

<<respectfully snipped>>

We barely missed the storm that went through Ringgold and Apison by just three miles. *shudder*

If a vehicle were going fast enough to become airborne around a curve or in a dip……….it may miss the guard rail…

So glad you are ok! How horrid it would be to not hear from ThoughtFox for awhile eventually to find out the worst! What a loss for WS that would be.

If a vehicle were going fast enough to become airborne around a curve or in a dip……….it may miss the guard rail…

So glad you are ok! How horrid it would be to not hear from ThoughtFox for awhile eventually to find out the worst! What a loss for WS that would be.

Aw, what a sweet thing to say! But thankfully I'm still here, only because it just wasn't my time to go.

You can also imagine my relief to get back online after five days of no internet! :)

And how strange to come back and find out that a local woman disappeared in the midst of all that chaos. I just hope she is okay, since we lost enough lives in the storm.

I have two questions: 1. Post have been made regarding family not wanting this to go national (MP, her family or both). 2. The search planned for Sunday is the Hamilton county STARS helping in the search, or is this a family coordinated search? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irsko