IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame if people won't talk to police because they don't "have" to...just my opinion of course...

BLOG
Not MSM

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...e-interviews-in-lauren-spierer-investigation/

It's all in a word---did the 2 POIs "elude" and "evade" the police, or did the students return home to begin their summer vacation, etc.

This makes me furious if true. There is a missing girl. They have searched everywhere with no sign of her what so ever. It appears she went POOF...gone. Why are the police NOT tracking down these 2 guys? I don't care if they went out of town or out of state...why don't they go to them. What if one of these two were with Lauren, something happened, he panicked, and now she is in one of their trunks or something?? Ugh.

I wonder if one of them is JR.

Unless someone is back-packing in the wilderness or similarly cut off from all communication, how would two of these POI's NOT know about Lauren's disappearance? It would lead you to believe they are intentionally avoiding LE.

MOO, QUACK & BAAAA

When I was in grad school at IU, I didn't follow the news. I was too busy in my studies.

So LE did not mention Tim Miller coming out with his group to search at all? That seems odd...it is a pretty big operation, not like no one would notice...

Private search group Texas EquuSearch came at the request of Spierers' parents and authorities involved in the case.

We got our own sonar equipment. We got our own drop down cameras, ground penetration units, and drone airplanes," said Miller.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-spec...-find-lauren-spierer-20110612,0,4153146.story

The scenario I've been considering is a friend or friends from the altercation were waiting for CR and LS to head back to Smallwood. They were angry with CR for being with LS and planned to ambush him and beat him up. However, LS appeared alone and they took it out on her and things got out of hand. JMO

BLOG
Not MSM

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...e-interviews-in-lauren-spierer-investigation/

It's all in a word---did the 2 POIs "elude" and "evade" the police, or did the students return home to begin their summer vacation, etc.
Eluding the police will only serve to make the absent subjects appear guilty if later evidence points toward their involvement, or if a guilty party fingers them. If they're innocent, it's foolish to ignore LE's request for an interview.

At the end of his post, Gatto mentions "conflicting reports about whether Spierer went into Rosenbaum’s apartment." I'm not sure I understand what he means. Can anyone clarify?

My middle road is go, but I'm adamant on not without an attorney.

OK, take an attorney, but to not talk at all to police boggles my mind...I am hoping the guys with lawyers are still talking to police, with lawyers present, but somehow I doubt it...

Eluding the police will only serve to make the absent subjects appear guilty if later evidence points toward their involvement, or if a guilty party fingers them. If they're innocent, it's foolish to ignore LE's request for an interview.

At the end of his post, Gatto mentions "conflicting reports about whether Spierer went into Rosenbaum’s apartment." I'm not sure I understand what he means. Can anyone clarify?

He means that we still don't know whether JR supports the idea that LS went into his apartment or not.
By the way police is saying no one appears to be trying to elude police.
"“There are individuals we want to speak with…friends and associates … who we hope may be able to provide us with some valuable information,” Qualters said, adding that none of those people appear to be avoiding talking to the police."
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/police-still-mum-on-search-for-lauren-spierer

The scenario I've been considering is a friend or friends from the altercation were waiting for CR and LS to head back to Smallwood. They were angry with CR for being with LS and planned to ambush him and beat him up. However, LS appeared alone and they took it out on her and things got out of hand. JMO

Might be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm trying to hold on to LS's heart condition coming into play and leading to a panic and coverup with others. Alcohol, possibly drug use, fisticuffs, reputations, possible fear of suspensions from college, etc. coming into play. Likely, only BF knew about her medical condition.

:twocents:
I am guessing that the reason for the fight was that friends of the boyfriend took offense on his behalf, considering that LS brought the guy to her apartment building at ~2:30 am and at least one witness told reporter CR was showing "inappropriate affection" toward LS. But other than that I am not sure what the fight itself could have to do with her missing. I think it is highly unlikely any of the boyfriend's friends involved in the fight would then try and harm her. Although I would not be surprised if they did inform the boyfriend of what took place.

The whole situation started at Kilroy's. If the friends were staring LS & CR down, making gestures, comments or otherwise giving off indications that they were mad at his attention to her, the two of them may have decided to bounce. Perhaps they would have had to walk past the group to get to Lauren's shoes and cell phone. They did not want to chance walking near the group, so they left. May

Lauren decides to stop by her apartment to grab some shoes, the friends followed them and in their drunken mad stupor, thinks that LS & CR are there for another reason. Situation heats up further and the fight occurs.

She never makes it to her apartment for the shoes, now they leave to avoid the group. Lauren just wants to get CR home. In the process of getting there, her keys fall out of her pocket or are dropped and she does not know it.

She gets him home, roomie puts him to bed. Lauren leaves and goes to JR's. Tells him all about the events of the night, maybe realizes her keys are gone. Would she go back and try to retrace her steps to find them?

To me, Lauren at this point is not in an elevated state of fear. If she had been don't you think she would have called someone to either come get her or to walk home with her? She also could have just stayed put and slept on someone's couch.

The kicker for me at this point is where is her boyfriend? I have to believe the friends have told him what is going on. Is he out of town? Lauren does not have her cell phone after 2:30ish. He can't get a hold of her. Did she use someone's phone at some point to call or text him? Is she pizzed at his friends for behaving that way and wants to give JW a piece of her mind?

All these details that we don't have ...

Really dumb question, but have the two people who allegedly the police want to talk to but are not in town been named?

No one really has an obligation to talk to police.

No, they don't. But Lauren has disappeared into thin air, there is a massive search going on for her. Common human decency and compassion predicates you to come forward.

If you have nothing to hide that is.

He means that we still don't know whether JR supports the idea that LS went into his apartment or not.
"“There are individuals we want to speak with…friends and associates … who we hope may be able to provide us with some valuable information,” Qualters said, adding that none of those people appear to be avoiding talking to the police."
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/police-still-mum-on-search-for-lauren-spierer

Yes, and the media pressed him on this. TENSION Perhaps, media code for: Would other POIs be able to leave to begin summer vacations, internships, etc. before speaking to LE? Is there a double standard going on?

So how do they know they should contact police? :waitasec:

I mean they haven't been named to the press. Whether they know that police want to talk to them that's a whole new question.

Fox59 News has learned Jay Rosenbaum, whom Voyles is representing, told Bloomington police he saw Spierer walk away from his apartment before dawn on June 3rd. Police said Rosenbaum may have been the last person to see Spierer.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...rest-in-spierer-case-20110610,0,3876035.story

This story came out on the second or third day, and as far as I know, it hasn't changed. As far as I know, no one else has admitted having seen Lauren after she left CR's apartment, or seeing her enter JR's apartment. So, I'm wondering if I missed the "conflicting" report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb