IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they don't. But Lauren has disappeared into thin air, there is a massive search going on for her. Common human decency and compassion predicates you to come forward.

If you have nothing to hide that is.

Again, how do they know they should contact police? IU is a big school, a student who really doesn't know anything would not think to contact police and say "I don't know anything."

And the Fourth Amendment trumps "... if you have nothing to hide."

I don't think one would need to "follow the news" to be aware that Lauren is missing, if one lived near the college. It seems that local businesses are inolved, posters are everywhere, searchers gathering etc...maybe if one never left one's room or turned on any media. And I doubt that any of the 10 POI's are unaware of their status...just my opinion.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...rest-in-spierer-case-20110610,0,3876035.story

This story came out on the second or third day, and as far as I know, it hasn't changed. As far as I know, no one else has admitted having seen Lauren after she left CR's apartment, or seeing her enter JR's apartment. So, I'm wondering if I missed the "conflicting" report.

There have been reports that claimed she went into JR's apartment, such as this one:
"A source familiar with the investigation tells McQuade that Rossman's roommate put him to bed for the night, and suggested to Spierer that she sleep on the couch. Spierer declined and instead left to go to the apartment of another neighbor, Jay Rosenbaum."
http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?id=1439426

Did you have an I Phone and a facebook account?

We didn't have iPhones or Facebook back then. We did have the Internet and easy access to news sites, though, and of course the local newspaper, TV news, etc.

Let me put it this way: remember the big government shutdown in '95? I think I found out about a week or two into it.

JR may have been in CR's apartment, or asked to come to the apartment that morning. He lives 2 doors down from CR and is good friends with him.

JR may have been in CR's apartment, or asked to come to the apartment that morning. He lives 2 doors down from CR and is good friends with him.

Some published reports have claimed LS went into JR's apartment. And yet MB's lawyer says MB saw her walk away. Walk away where? To JR's apartment? Onto the street? Clearly there is conflicting info at this point on whether she was in JR's apartment or not. Which would be pretty important to figure out at this point.
“He made Corey go to bed,” Chapman said. “He saw her walking out. That was the end of it. He wants her to be found and be OK, but he doesn’t have any information that will lead to her discovery.”
http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-news/2011/06/11/missing-iu-student-case-featured-on-amw/

Just a note: Blog links are okay as long as the content is respectable and the link does not come up with *'s.

As with all media, only 10% may be quoted and a link must be provided.

If the mods for the forum find that the blog is just a rumor mill or contains wild accusations or information, the mods, at their discretion, may discontinue links to that particular blog.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Again, how do they know they should contact police? IU is a big school, a student who really doesn't know anything would not think to contact police and say "I don't know anything."

And the Fourth Amendment trumps "... if you have nothing to hide."

I guess we have divergent viewpoints and will have to agree to disagree. I do not believe that as much media attention as this case is receiving that these two POI's have not heard about Lauren's disappearance. What are the odds other friends involved in that night's events with them, have not told them?

Fourth Amendment is "trumped" by her parent's plea for their missing daughter. Why wouldn't you want to help in any way you could, if even to say "Hey, I can't help, wish I could but I last saw her at Smallwood at 2:35 AM". MOO

When I was in grad school at IU, I didn't follow the news. I was too busy in my studies.

No way these 2 "POI's" don't know about what happened to LS in this day and age of cell phones, facebook, twitter, texting, etc. It sounds like they are home on summer break, not working on their studies, and they're not helping with the investigation. My guess is it's 2 of the people involved in the altercation with CR at Smallwood. We haven't heard much from JR but he does have a lawyer representing him so he appears to be cooperating in some manner.

That's a possibility I considered. But it doesn't conflict with JR's story that Lauren was in his apartment.

There have been reports that claimed she went into JR's apartment, such as this one:
"A source familiar with the investigation tells McQuade that Rossman's roommate put him to bed for the night, and suggested to Spierer that she sleep on the couch. Spierer declined and instead left to go to the apartment of another neighbor, Jay Rosenbaum."
http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?id=1439426

Again, no conflict with JR's statement. According to Gatto, whether Lauren actually went to JR's apartment is in question. I haven't read anything to the contrary, so I'm curious about what he refers to as "conflicting reports".

Conflicting reports on whether she was in JR's apartment or not.
That's a very important piece of information which we are lacking.
Either she was potentially alone with JR in his apartment, and then he claims he saw her walking away. Or she was not in his apartment. A big difference in terms of how important JR is to the investigation.

Wasn't she originally seen walking alone in the street? Who said that? Do we know?

Wasn't she originally seen walking alone in the street? Who said that? Do we know?

I believe it was attributed to JR. He supposedly saw her walking alone on the street after she left the building where JR, MB and CR all lived.

Conflicting reports on whether she was in JR's apartment or not.
That's a very important piece of information which we are lacking.
Either she was potentially alone with JR in his apartment, and then he claims he saw her walking away. Or she was not in his apartment. A big difference in terms of how important JR is to the investigation.
But where are the conflicting reports? CR's roommate's statement that he saw her "walk away" is vague and does not eliminate the possibility that she went to JR's apartment.

JR has admitted she was in his apartment. His lawyer gave that statement to the media. So, my other question is why would JR say she was in his apartment if she were not when, as far as we know, no one else has mentioned his name?

But where are the conflicting reports? CR's roommate's statement that he saw her "walk away" is vague and does not eliminate the possibility that she went to JR's apartment.

JR has admitted she was in his apartment. His lawyer gave that statement to the media. So, my other question is why would JR say she was in his apartment if she were not when, as far as we know, no one else has mentioned his name?

I don't believe we have any quotes/statements directly attributed to JR or his lawyer admitting LS was in his apartment.

Lt. Parker said it on June 7th, and JR's lawyer said JR was the one who watched her walk down the street.

I'll get the links.

Lt. Bill Parker, at approx 3:25 in the video:

Then she went to another buddy's apartment a couple of doors down, still in the same building...

What they're telling us is along about 4:30 am she said, "I feel like I'm ready to go to my own apartment. I'm going to walk to my apartment."

She left, and that young man watched her walk to the corner of11th and College, and that was the last person to see her that we know of...
Bloomington PD press conference June 7, 2011
Fox59 News has learned Jay Rosenbaum, whom Voyles is representing, told Bloomington police he saw Spierer walk away from his apartment before dawn on June 3rd. Police said Rosenbaum may have been the last person to see Spierer.
http://tinyurl.com/5w5kdzy

Just curious. Is JR a friend of JW's on facebook? Anyone know?

Some published reports have claimed LS went into JR's apartment. And yet MB's lawyer says MB saw her walk away. Walk away where? To JR's apartment? Onto the street? Clearly there is conflicting info at this point on whether she was in JR's apartment or not. Which would be pretty important to figure out at this point.
“He made Corey go to bed,” Chapman said. “He saw her walking out. That was the end of it. He wants her to be found and be OK, but he doesn’t have any information that will lead to her discovery.”
http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-news/2011/06/11/missing-iu-student-case-featured-on-amw/

My interpretation of the video where Keith T speaks is different from most. In that video, KT appears to state that he has only seen LS walking past his apartment and not that morning, implying she has visited CR's apartment before, but NOT his.

IOW, JR stating that LS was in JR's apartment (only my speculation that KT is roommate of JR since he also lives 2 doors down from CR according to banner on the video) that morning may be unlikely or unusual or odd...I've never seen her here, but only in the past going down the hall to the other apartment. This is only my speculation and interpretation.

Likely that LS had not told her female roommates/friends that she had hung out with CR after they first met him and prior to the bar. I'm hung up a little on JR.

Did LS even know JR before this? Supposedly LS only met CR a couple weeks ago, and maybe only once prior to ending in the bar with him (maybe not, maybe LS didn't tell her friends about hanging with CR after meeting him 2 weeks ago?). JR is supposed to be CR's friend. So what would LS be doing in JR's apartment, assuming she was there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund