IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading for a while and I apologize, but I just have to point out a few things...
1. Coke is pretty easy to get. But you don't buy it from a shadow in an alley...she was getting drugs (potentially and IMO) from the same people her friends were, maybe even from friends. People who sell coke on college campuses are rarely the shady old guy who slinks around dark alleys...its usually a college kid who gets a big bag and sells it to friends. I am not sure how old the group on WS is, but I am not too much older than Lauren. Trust me, all kinds of really nice, smart, good hearted kids do coke. Like it or not, it is just a part of the college party scene.

2. It sounds to me like she may have been doing coke prior to walking home, not buying it on her way home. It sounds like she was trying to stay out, have fun, keep partying, which is why she bounced around to many people's apartments. That is very, very typical for any college party scene and should not be some greater judgement on Lauren or her friends. Again, like it or not, thats just how some of the party scene goes in college these days.

3. I have no idea who these people are and am just reading/drawing opinions like other people here at WS. In my opinion, it sounds like she was partying pretty hard. In any situation where a beautiful young woman goes missing, the smart thing for any boys who were even remotely near the poor girl, would be to get a lawyer. I don't think lawyering up = guilt. I think it is just plain smart, guilty or not.

4. IMO, I don't believe she OD'd and her friends hid the body. These are affluent kids with means to attorneys. If she were in trouble, they would have called for help. They aren't dumb...they know the'd be in a lot more trouble for covering something up rather than asking for help. If you call an ambulance or go to a hospital, the cops don't automatically show up. If they arrested people when asking for help, they'd never help anyone. Doctors don't call the cops very often, especially if the people involved aren't doing something malicious, like helping their friend.

I fear this was a crime of opportunity. Drunk girl, walking home alone... UGH! it make sme so mad I could scream!

All I am saying is, we shouldn't judge based on limited facts and what we believe we see on a Facebook profile. Lauren seems like a lovely young woman and I hope she is found alive!

Now, about the keys found...were they found on a roof or on a railing? That could be a big lead for LE.

I wish LE in Morgan Harrington's case were as forthcoming and rational as the guys in Indiana! It sounds like they are doing a great job!

All of the above is in my opinion only, as awlays:)

Agreed. I think it's unfair to state that Lauren and her friends do cocaine when we have NO idea if that's the case.

Like I said, rich, blonde, kid over here. I do NOT do drugs.

Hi, CuriousGirl2010. I agree. I think that cocaine use is much more prevalent among college men than women.

Weekend drinking at large college schools is festive and, sometimes, predictably excessive.

Do we know if JR is in Bloomington still? I know we only have the one statement per LE that he was the last to have seen Lauren rounding the corner of College and 11th..

Or was that said by Saltzman, Rossman's atty?.. I know he has made this statement that Lauren went 2 doors down to Jays and that 3 ppl can corroborate that she was seen after having left Corey supposedly in bed.. As well as that it was Jay that was the last to have seen Lauren walking toward Smallwood at 4:15-4:30am..

Do we have a confirmation by LE that Jay was the last to see Lauren? Or do we just have Saltzman stating this?

TIA to anyone who knows..

The cocaine issue came up when asked today at the briefing, by community radio (which works out of a garage). The rumors about cocaine use among this group is rampant. Weed is a total given. I don't think it's fair to name names, so I'll just leave it at that. The idea that payments are being made to drive the news coverage is much more ridiculous than the notion of cocaine use.

Rumors about the group being CR & his friends? and it Lauren considered part of this group? Doesn't seem like she's really part of "this group", so that's why I'm wondering, when you say rumors about this group do you believe people are including her?

Puff..does it surprise you that LE dangled a little bait in regards to the cocaine question...I'm surprised he didn't direct away from that question, rathering leading us to believe that there was no possibility even if there is.

I believe that Jay Rosenbaum told LE that he was the last to see Lauren, rounding the corner of his apartment building after she left.

It sounds like she went:
from Kilroy's to her apt, where Rossman was punched
went to Rossman's apartment to take him home, saw Mike Beth there.
then went to Rosenbaum's apartment until just after 4am.

Rosenbaum told police he saw her rounding the corner, headed towards her apartment just after 4am.

Do we know if JR is in Bloomington still? I know we only have the one statement per LE that he was the last to have seen Lauren rounding the corner of College and 11th..

Or was that said by Saltzman, Rossman's atty?.. I know he has made this statement that Lauren went 2 doors down to Jays and that 3 ppl can corroborate that she was seen after having left Corey supposedly in bed.. As well as that it was Jay that was the last to have seen Lauren walking toward Smallwood at 4:15-4:30am..

Do we have a confirmation by LE that Jay was the last to see Lauren? Or do we just have Saltzman stating this?

TIA to anyone who knows..

Wondering same thing about Jay...do they facts that she was actually walking there or just his word?

I realize that cocaine use is prominent on college campuses, but I don't think it's as widely-used as some are making it out to be. Or at least, I think that people who use it are pretty good at concealing it from the rest of campus. And I think the people who use it are part of the same social group.

I was an RA at a pretty large dorm at Illinois for two years in the recent past. Granted, a dorm is not nearly as private as an apartment. The worst drug we dealt with was pot, and that was only a couple of instances over two years.

However, I did hear about two or three cocaine busts (and one meth bust) at a nearby dorm... It was the most expensive dorm that is considered the "rich kid" dorm.

Other than that, I never had any experiences with drugs. I went out a fair amount. We called it "partying," even though we didn't do anything more than drink alcohol. I knew of people who did pot, but never was aware of anyone who did anything harder. But that was just my experience.

I think the cocaine OD story is very plausible. I guess we'll just have to wait to find out for sure.

So far, there is no proof she walked anywhere alone, that I am aware of.

Wondering same thing about Jay...do they facts that she was actually walking there or just his word?

All we know is that he told LE that he watched her walk away from his building and round a corner towards her apartment just after 4am.

As far as I can tell, he volunteered that information, they have no facts (that we know about, like evidence in his apt. proving she was there, footage walking home, etc.).

Excellent article on Long QT Syndrome

http://www.heartpatients.com/page/long-qt-syndrome

Living With Long QT Syndrome

Long QT syndrome (LQTS) usually is a lifelong condition. The risk of developing an abnormal heartbeat that leads to fainting or sudden cardiac arrest may lessen as you age, but the risk never disappears.

You'll need to take certain steps for the rest of your life to prevent abnormal heartbeats and to ensure that you get treatment right away if one occurs. These steps include:
■Avoiding things that trigger an abnormal heart rhythm
■Letting others know you might faint or your heart might stop beating, and what steps they can take
■Having a plan in place for when you develop an abnormal heartbeat

I have been reading for a while and I apologize, but I just have to point out a few things...
1. Coke is pretty easy to get. But you don't buy it from a shadow in an alley...she was getting drugs (potentially and IMO) from the same people her friends were, maybe even from friends. People who sell coke on college campuses are rarely the shady old guy who slinks around dark alleys...its usually a college kid who gets a big bag and sells it to friends. I am not sure how old the group on WS is, but I am not too much older than Lauren. Trust me, all kinds of really nice, smart, good hearted kids do coke. Like it or not, it is just a part of the college party scene.

2. It sounds to me like she may have been doing coke prior to walking home, not buying it on her way home. It sounds like she was trying to stay out, have fun, keep partying, which is why she bounced around to many people's apartments. That is very, very typical for any college party scene and should not be some greater judgement on Lauren or her friends. Again, like it or not, thats just how some of the party scene goes in college these days.

3. I have no idea who these people are and am just reading/drawing opinions like other people here at WS. In my opinion, it sounds like she was partying pretty hard. In any situation where a beautiful young woman goes missing, the smart thing for any boys who were even remotely near the poor girl, would be to get a lawyer. I don't think lawyering up = guilt. I think it is just plain smart, guilty or not.

4. IMO, I don't believe she OD'd and her friends hid the body. These are affluent kids with means to attorneys. If she were in trouble, they would have called for help. They aren't dumb...they know the'd be in a lot more trouble for covering something up rather than asking for help. If you call an ambulance or go to a hospital, the cops don't automatically show up. If they arrested people when asking for help, they'd never help anyone. Doctors don't call the cops very often, especially if the people involved aren't doing something malicious, like helping their friend.

I fear this was a crime of opportunity. Drunk girl, walking home alone... UGH! it make sme so mad I could scream!

All I am saying is, we shouldn't judge based on limited facts and what we believe we see on a Facebook profile. Lauren seems like a lovely young woman and I hope she is found alive!

Now, about the keys found...were they found on a roof or on a railing? That could be a big lead for LE.

I wish LE in Morgan Harrington's case were as forthcoming and rational as the guys in Indiana! It sounds like they are doing a great job!

All of the above is in my opinion only, as awlays:)

Bolded respectfully by me.

I've followed this thread and this is what I've thought since the beginning as well. I just don't post on this thread because I have nothing to add.

as an aside: I'm well into middle aged, a stay at home mom now, and live in a community where drugs aren't as easily accessable as in the civilian community. But---until we moved away from the community we have lived in for nine years and esp. the one before that I could pick up the phone and make a phone call and could have had any drug I wanted. I don't use drugs but they are very easily obtained. Just adding my thoughts on that.

Additional thoughts not directed at quoted poster, just thoughts:

Also, even if this victim was participating in illicit drug use it does not in any way lessen the crime(s) that were perpetrated against her (I do believe she is a victim of several crimes). We have many victims threads on WS where the victim themselves were involved in lifestyles that involved criminal activities (other than drug use) and although that does put them in a more vunerable position to be victimized it never is seen as a rationalization for those crimes commited against them. We are a very victim friendly forum but we should discuss every aspect of a victim's life in order to understand what might have happened to them. Not to disparage or dismiss the victim or the severity of the crimes against them but to honor them with respect by understanding them and their lifes.

I'll be praying for Lauren and her family.

From tonygatto.com - NOT MSM.

It is becoming clear that Spierer’s boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, has returned to his roots in the New York City area, and that Jason Rosenbaum is either elsewhere in Indiana or in his home state of Michigan. WIBC Radio confirms Wolff is back in New York, possibly at his family’s home in Port Washington. Meanwhile, Corey Rossman and his roommate, Mike Beth, are two people of interest in the case who have no desire to hide. The two continue to reside in their 11th St. townhome in downtown Bloomington. Rossman, who was drinking with Spierer in a local bar the night of her disappearance and who took a punch to the head when confronted by a group of men, could be seen smiling and laughing as he went in and out his home and car today.

They even have a "paparazzi" photo of Corey. The media needs to leave this guy alone.

I feel like I was awfully naive, but I really thought they would have found her by now. No end to the story would surprise me at this point. Murder by boyfriend, murder by one of the other men, accidental death and cover-up, accidental OD and cover-up, or even stranger abduction-it seems like all are valid possibilities.
I am hoping she comes home soon. Her parents need their little girl even if it is very likely she is no longer living.

I feel like I was awfully naive, but I really thought they would have found her by now. No end to the story would surprise me at this point. Murder by boyfriend, murder by one of the other men, accidental death and cover-up, accidental OD and cover-up, or even stranger abduction-it seems like all are valid possibilities.
I am hoping she comes home soon. Her parents need their little girl even if it is very likely she is no longer living.

I agree that ALL of those scenarios seem plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl