IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that JR is the drug supplier in this equation?

Anything is possible. Or if drugs were involved, maybe Lauren (and this is theoretically speaking) went to his apt. cause she knew he would have them.

MOO

I guess it's just a complete different reality for me. Drug dealers in Brazil live in slums and are criminals...

Maybe in America it's different...

I just think there is a difference between supplying drugs to friends and being a drug dealer involved in REAL trafficking.

No really there ca be no difference. Wow...you would be surprised.

Be careful of the stereotypes you live your life by.

Just curious what people think the penalty should be if this is how it went down? Who would be to blame?

If this was the case and someone tried to cover up an accidental drug overdose then they should get second degree murder.

I think these kids are smart enough to know that and would bring their friend to the emergency room which is only a few blocks past small wood rather than to risk that.

I know first hand from all three of my kids that there are nights when things get out of control and kids turn to LE, emergency medical or adults to help out. They put the other persons lives first.

At least I hope this is the case.

Adding to my quote, she said she had also been in the same alley approx 30 minutes prior to Lauren. She said she didn't notice anyone unusual in the area or anything out of the ordinary.

She felt obligated to call the bloomington police just to let them know she was in that alley prior to Lauren. The PD is taking everything very seriously, just wanted all of you to know that. They had her on the phone for over an hour asking various types of questions, all because she just wanted to report that she was in the alley and didn't see anything abnormal.

That was so admirable of her to have called LE. Information like this is what Lauren's mom was asking for. EVen not seeing anything suspicious is important information for LE. I hope you asked her to never walk alone from now on.

The cocaine issue came up when asked today at the briefing, by community radio (which works out of a garage). The rumors about cocaine use among this group is rampant. Weed is a total given. I don't think it's fair to name names, so I'll just leave it at that. The idea that payments are being made to drive the news coverage is much more ridiculous than the notion of cocaine use.

As one of the first people to bring up coke here, I assure everyone that I'm not being PAID. It is ridiculous. What we are doing is analyzing every shred of what we know, and understand about what was going on and what this atmosphere was like. Everytime someone floats a theory or idea about what may have happened or some aspect of what may have happened, it is compared with what is known. Eventually the theories that are supported by the facts the most, emerge as the prevailing ones. LE does something similar, but they have a lot more information to work with, so here it is more speculative. With regard to cocaine, instead of being ruled out as a theory, it's become increasingly supported.

Anything is still possible, it's even possible that Lauren is alive somewhere.
Yet, working with the information that we have, and how it's been analyzed and torn apart by so many people, what is floating to the surface is shocking to some and everyday reality to others.

At the same time, what happened to the JW angry crime of passion control freak bf theory? With the cameras, cell phones, communication that many speculated must have occurred between JW's friends who punched CR, etc... there should be SOME evidence that would allow LE to hold JW or his friends by now - it's been how many days? JW just picks up and leaves town. He may not be in the clear or ruled out, but certainly by now if there was a shred of concrete evidence linking him to Lauren's demise he would be in custody. To me, it's just not plausible that if it were a crime of passion, that after this length of time there would be no hard evidence. As every day passes that becomes less likely doesn't it?

Then what about JR? the last person to see her and he can only say he saw her walk down the street after being with her for apparently 30 to 45 minutes. (By the way, for those who have been around cocaine, or used it as it would commonly be used in a college apartment, can you explain how long it would take to sit down, do some coke, let it kick in and then feel comfortable enough to leave?) Seems to me a lot of this coke theory depends on what happened between her being at CR/MB's apartment until JR says she walked down N. College. If she was at JR's eating milk and cookies and then decided to stroll down N. College and vanished, then it would look more like a stranger abduction... but that was a short walk, well lit, frequented by police, cameras in various places, and some have said even drunk would take no more than 3 to 5 minutes.

Weighing all of this out, an accidental death seems to make the most sense for me, and until someone pokes holes in that it seems the most likely cause of that accident would be drugs and the most likely one being coke, but yeah alcohol alone can kill someone, so that's like splitting hairs.
The most telling thing for me is that after 10 days, the only words from JR is that he saw her walk to the corner of 11th and N. College while she spent apparently nearly the last hour of her life in his presence. That stinks to me. What has his lawyer said? What do the police say about him, other than repeating his one sentence statement? Earlier today someone was searching and reported that he was caught and charged 2 times with using fake ID's and had 2 speeding violations. If that's all correct, what kind of picture emerges for you? For me, I see someone that has no problem pushing the rules. For those who find the notion of cocaine use shocking, do you have 2 convictions for using fake ids and 2 recent speeding tickets?
Sure, it could just happen to anyone.... or it could also be a little more than that. That's what investigations are for.

That was so admirable of her to have called LE. Information like this is what Lauren's mom was asking for. EVen not seeing anything suspicious is important information for LE. I hope you asked her to never walk alone from now on.

She wasn't alone at that time, which is good.

I think this situation is a wake up call for her, and a lot of college kids though. I am FB friends with her, and some of her posts are that she's pretty freaked that this is happening in the city she lives.

A lot of people have the "it wont happen to me" mentality, and it takes an unfortunate situation like this for us to realize that it can happen to anyone.

[On Monday, detectives said they are looking into reports that she overdosed on drugs, and the people with her got rid of her body -- but they stress that's just one of several possibilities.

The articles and reports are all over MainStream Media sites.. It is being discussed and words such as drug over dose and got rid of her body are used and spoken about quite openly in many reports and articles..

I do not believe anyone spoke disrespectful in anyway nor made any wild speculations or outlandish theories.. It is being talked about in the media that in the theory of an overdose that her body would have been gotten rid off(and those are the words in the reports and articles) with that subject being spoken about in MSM there was discussion of possible ways this was done. There was nothing out of line nor inappropriate discussed In discussing ways a body would have been moved or taken and hidden..

There is no enabling going on. It is clear discussion about what is MSM and nothing more.. Adult discussion about a means of moving a body is clearly in no way disrespectful or any other nefarious connotation that it was labeled with..
It is fair game to be discussed.

I think the only disrespect going on here is whoever did anything to harm Lauren. Additionally, anyone who knows anything at all and is withholding information is also being disrespectful to Lauren, her family, and her friends.

How many of the POI's have left Indiana shortly after Lauren's disappearance?

I just wanted to throw a theory waaay out of left field. Could it be possible that one of them had her (body?) in their car and planned on taking her back to their home state (or somewhere along the way), just so she would be far away from Indiana and the search crews?

I just keep thinking about Jill Behrman... She was found about 40 miles north of Bloomington. And if I recall that was years after she went missing...

I've taken both Xanax and Ambien (legally of course) on a pretty constant basis. I can't really drink at all. I get hot, and feel extremely gross and out of it after only a few sips.

Does anyone know the rhyme and reason behind the search team wanting to scope out the areas further away from the initial location? I know that they have experience and have the technology to do things that regular search groups can't. I'm just wondering what sort of tips or information they may have received that is causing them to search out so far.

Wondering same thing about Jay...do they facts that she was actually walking there or just his word?

Yes it would appear to just be his word! So far there has been no evidence that Lauren was anywhere after she was with JR. If the reports of him using fake ID and speeding tickets are correct, what is his word worth? And so far that's all LE has disclosed about JR. He's not talking so he is also a person of few words. Perhaps his lawyer will make a statement, perhaps not. Innocent until proven guilty you know.

I've been hearing helicopters fly over for about 5 mins now...it could easily be a news helicopter, but I'm not sure why they'd be out at 1am. Would they be doing searches/flyovers at this time in the morning? Or maybe something bigger is going on?

Does anyone know the rhyme and reason behind the search team wanting to scope out the areas further away from the initial location? I know that they have experience and have the technology to do things that regular search groups can't. I'm just wondering what sort of tips or information they may have received that is causing them to search out so far.

Who knows. If there is suspicion it could have been a stranger then obviously the body is likely not to be close to where she went missing. Also with the current technology if any of the POIs had their cell phones on and went out of town (complete guessing on my part) police could track that down nowdays because of cell phone towers pin pointing the locations.

I've been hearing helicopters fly over for about 5 mins now...it could easily be a news helicopter, but I'm not sure why they'd be out at 1am. Would they be doing searches/flyovers at this time in the morning? Or maybe something bigger is going on?

Interesting. Please keep us posted, bloomington.

Who knows. If there is suspicion it could have been a stranger then obviously the body is likely not to be close to where she went missing. Also with the current technology if any of the POIs had their cell phones on and went out of town (complete guessing on my part) police could track that down nowdays because of cell phone towers pin pointing the locations.

Do you know if the PD provides more information to the Equusearch team than they would normally provide to the general public?

Re: mrsu and the taking of Lunesta vs benzos..

You made me chuckle when reading your post of your dinner getting smashed on 2 beers with Lunesta..lol.. I can sympathize on both levels.. Insomniac for many many Years as well as a similar "smashed" affect with a Margarita and an Ambien.. I fell flat on my face on my hardwood floor in my kitchen. And didn't wake up when I hit the floor..lol..hubby came and found me when he heard loud boom and I didn't return to bed from getting up for a drink of water from the extreme cotton mouth I had. And boom I went down..lol. Learned not to mix with even the tiniest amounts of alcohol..

Tho the Lunesta or ambien may have a similar effect in the amnesiac effect one has after taking it they both however are not in the benzo category. *They are not near as addicting as the benzos either..

The benzos in prescribed doses do not have tht same heavy hit as the sleeping pills Lunesta and ambien. It's a much more subtle calming and very much numbing effect. But even a prescribed doses especially at some of the higher prescribed doses when benzos are mixed with alcohol not only do u have zero recollection of entire nights but when u learn of what u said or how u behaved while in the black out. Well I'd say 99% are embarrassed.. As u do and say things u normally would not.. I guess all of this is fun for some folks. Not to me..

Fun to me is remembering what the heck I had fun doing. Otherwise how do I even know I had fun when I had no memory of a night. For all I know I could have been miserable. But just don't remember. But that's still considered fun?? Naa..

Weighing all of this out, an accidental death seems to make the most sense for me, and until someone pokes holes in that it seems the most likely cause of that accident would be drugs and the most likely one being coke, but yeah alcohol alone can kill someone, so that's like splitting hairs.
The most telling thing for me is that after 10 days, the only words from JR is that he saw her walk to the corner of 11th and N. College while she spent apparently nearly the last hour of her life in his presence. That stinks to me. What has his lawyer said? What do the police say about him, other than repeating his one sentence statement? Earlier today someone was searching and reported that he was caught and charged 2 times with using fake ID's and had 2 speeding violations. If that's all correct, what kind of picture emerges for you? For me, I see someone that has no problem pushing the rules. For those who find the notion of cocaine use shocking, do you have 2 convictions for using fake ids and 2 recent speeding tickets?
Sure, it could just happen to anyone.... or it could also be a little more than that. That's what investigations are for.

IMO that just makes him a pretty normal college age kid. CR, MB, JR, JW, and LS all have citations for minor in possession. JW also has citations for speeding. I once got 2 tickets for speeding in a 2 week time period....that was within the last year and I am a 33yo college graduate. I came close to getting an alcohol citation in college as well. My roommate got busted for using a fake ID and I'm sure JR's fake ID's were used to get into bars and/or purchase alcohol. If Lauren was in the bar at 20, it's likely she had one too. Like you mentioned, could be more to it, but seems pretty "normal" for the kids of that area.

Do you know if the PD provides more information to the Equusearch team than they would normally provide to the general public?

No, I don't. Maybe Equusearch could just be looking at the map figuring where the best place to hide a body could be, and it has nothing to do with any LE's info at all.

I mean really? What's being arrested for dealing drugs when you can be arrested for someone SO much worse?

I think they could have done it initially, out of panic. But still be hiding her after all these days and amount of media scruntity?

Being arrested for dealing drugs is not small potatoes. This can equate to a class a or b felony....very serious business. Bloomington cops do not take the dealing of hard drugs lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl