Casey's Pants & the Knife and The Cleaning of the Pontiac

I guess it really doesn't matter but this has been bugging me since the 911 call where Cindy says "It smells like there's been a dead body in the danm car!" was released. I have no idea why LE didn't enhance that audio, because I could hear a voice in the background on the original and it very quickly said, "I'll never get this trunk clean!" So, I've enhanced the audio with a program called audacity and I'd really like for y'all to hear it. The video runs fast on the intro slides because my movie maker isn't adjusting the speed properly but if you just go to appx. the 2:13 mark and listen from there you will hear the male voice and what he says. TIA and here's the link [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMpXa1It7Xs"]YouTube - ‪Enhanced audio of Cindy Anthony 911 call‬‏[/ame]

Thanks for the enhancement, Momtective -- but the audio is a little tinny so it's hard to figure out -- not sure it really sounds like a male voice, but I wouldn't be able to say who it is -- but it's awfully interesting for sure.

it sounds to me like ca, as she is handing the phone off to ica, is just sort of ranting about it, since it was a huge part of that phone call. it doesn't sound like a male voice and it doesn't sound like someone who is actually cleaning it at the time. just my little :twocents:

however, in answering your question about who cleaned the trunk, i am truly thinking all of the above...several attempts....

It sounds to me like something that has been inserted rather than enhanced. Maybe because it was played a few times rather than just "enhanced" either that or I just don't know what I'm listening to. I would rather hear the whole tape and then have just that one part enhanced.. don't know how you would do that but I didn't "get it" in this instance.. sorry but thanks for the effort!

eta: From what I did hear, I would guess it was George.. he is fastidious about the cars and I can see him being upset at that point about the garbage and stench.

Momtective, the audio is only 5:02 total length long - so how to go to 12:13? Would really like to give a listen. TIA

In answer to your question, did we ever find out if it is possible if the high levels of chloroform in the trunk could have resulted from an attempt to clean the carpet (with chloroform) or if pesticide might've been used to kill the bugs?

I guess it really doesn't matter but this has been bugging me since the 911 call where Cindy says "It smells like there's been a dead body in the danm car!" was released. I have no idea why LE didn't enhance that audio, because I could hear a voice in the background on the original and it very quickly said, "I'll never get this trunk clean!" So, I've enhanced the audio with a program called audacity and I'd really like for y'all to hear it. The video runs fast on the intro slides because my movie maker isn't adjusting the speed properly but if you just go to appx. the 12:13 mark and listen from there you will hear the male voice and what he says. TIA and here's the link YouTube - ‪Enhanced audio of Cindy Anthony 911 call‬‏

Thank you!
It sounds like a woman to me.

sounds like George but not sure what he's saying. I hear "I'll never get this ..." but the last two words are inaudible for me.

The audio you put up is compelling... I work with Audacity and several video/audio programs, I will grab that audio and see what I can find...I am just a dork like that!

BUT...does anyone remember GA's statement the very first day on the stand regarding the stain? He said it was a round *swirled* area that was discolored (paraphrase)...like it had been cleaned.

NOW.. during the search warrant in Dec were conducted, there is video of the search where a "Spotbot" was recovered. For those who do not know what that is, it is made by Bissell, it is a spot cleaner for carpets, you set the device on the spot, and it sprays a cleaning solution in the cleaning brush area, and then spins a large brush (most models) in a circular motion. Then, you suck the water up by pressing a button, or switching a switch.

THIS WOULD CREATE a swirl pattern in carpet! PLUS, remember when ICA texted Amy that she thinks she had gotten rid of that dead squirrel smell in her car? Would make sense that this is the day she vacuumed out the visible bugs, and ran that spot bot, then disposed of the dirty water in the back yard possibly (where the dogs hit on decomp)

JMO.. along the lines of the OP question.

Momtective, the audio is only 5:02 total length long - so how to go to 12:13? Would really like to give a listen. TIA

In answer to your question, did we ever find out if it is possible if the high levels of chloroform in the trunk could have resulted from an attempt to clean the carpet (with chloroform) or if pesticide might've been used to kill the bugs?

I'm really making a mess out of this, aren't I...:giggle:
I'm working with two different programs here...but I see on the youtube video it is at appx. 2:13. So sorry for all the confusion and I suppose it's not really a big deal but, it has bugged me silly. Thanks for humoring me.

sounds like George but not sure what he's saying. I hear "I'll never get this ..." but the last two words are inaudible for me.

um, quoting myself but I just listened to the original and it actually sounds like a woman's voice to me

I'm working with two different programs here...but I see on the youtube video it is at appx. 2:13. So sorry for all the confusion and I suppose it's not really a big deal but, it has bugged me silly. Thanks for humoring me.

No mess. :) I just let it play and heard it over and over. :great:

IMO, it's ICA saying something to the effect of ' I don't have anything to talk to them'.... (those dang ppl who might be concerned about her child), but as far as the title of this thread: I'll keep it short and sweet: Cindy.

ETA: Im not bashing Cindy. She may have unknowingly cleaned up a lot of critical evidence to make the smell *go away*

ETAA: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7M-esOg-0"]YouTube - ‪Cindy Anthonys 911 call. A part NEVER heard on tv‬‏[/ame]

Well, I think it's seriously interestng. I suppose it's possible that GA, arriving home and hearing (as per CA's testimony) about the "kidnapping" as she was starting to melt down, was walking up into the garage, where he was confronted with the smell again, and then made that remark that just happened to be caught on the tape (if that's what it is). It would make sense that he might say something like that, sort of like "Wow, I cleaned this thing yesterday and it still stinks after being aired out for two days."

Only thing that bothers me is that you woudn't expect him to say that just after hearing about the "kidnapping". Further investigation should be interesting!

It sounds like Lee to me...It has always sounded like Lee to me. Lee, ICA, and CA were at the house when the call was made, GA arrived in the house when CA started telling him "I called them 2 hours ago and they still haven't gotten here, she finally admitted that Zanny took her a month ago...
ICA gets on the phone rather quickly so I don't think it's her, CA is on the phone so I know it's not her, GA just got home, so it's probably not him...that only leaves Lee. JMO of course.

OMG!! Okay. First, I am going to say that I am not 100% sure. I would not testify in a court of law that it is what I think it is, but I would say that it is what I believe. I have been trying to figure out what was said there since about 2 years ago and it really kinda makes sense to me now! Thank you so much!!

Okay, I believe that the person is saying "I'll never get this trunk clean." But think for a minute. GA was the one that normally cleaned the cars. But if CA had just told him that Caylee was missing, would he really give a rats behind about that trunk? Did Cindy sound in any position to care about the trunk? Now who in that house would be more concerned about the trunk than they would be about Caylee's whereabouts? :waitasec: ;) ETA: Who was in no rush to talk to the police?

How strange. It sounds like a woman to me also, but if it did sound like a male voice...George had just walked in the door to a hysterical Cindy, why would he be talking about the trunk? Why would anyone be really with all that was going on right then?

VERY interesting about the Spot Bot. I've seen the swirly pattern they make. I don't recall that part of George's statement about the stain either, so even more interesting. I 100% believe Casey did whatever she could do to clean that trunk. She didn't want to give up her wheels. Eventually the smell won though and it got dumped at the Amscot. I have never understood though how ICA herself did smell after driving that car. When TL picked her up at Amscot that day, how did he not notice that smell on ICA?

First run with my super magic head phones.. on the original audio, tone sounds like ICA as she was being approached to get on the phone...JMO.

Thanks Momtective... I was running short on projects (sarcasim), but this will move up to the top of my list... dam* curiousity!!!

Also, CA was mortified about her missing g'daughter -while on the phone with police- admitting that 'it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car'.... why would ICA mention anything about getting her trunk clean?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back