Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting angrier and angrier at JS.

Parents are supposed to protect their child and put the child's needs before their own. If she couldn't do that, she should have let Maddie's father have custody.

And she obviously couldn't do either one.

[self-snipped]

Has LE been investigating JS's role? This latest info makes me furious that she exposed Madeline to this man and sent her off to bedrooms with him, so Jen could get restful sleep. Playing ignorant of what was going on probably starting seven yrs. ago when Madeline was a young child. MOO, but I see it as she's been complicit in the grooming all along.

MOO, she may not have taken part in the murder, but MOO, she is complicit in the cover-up. Plus, she's directly responsible for making her daughter available and handed over to a pedophile. Is that going to be overlooked and forgotten now that Madeline ended up dead at the hands of the same pedophile? Justice for Madeline please.

Josh's two part interview comes to mind because he knew SS from boyhood days, he met JS and MS and had been to the condo. He had heard from SS what went on sexually between him and JS. He said relatives lived there too, and talked about the bedroom arrangement. Even Josh voiced that he thought there may have been something going on with all three in the bedroom. Imagine if that was goin on with JS's knowledge all along? He said he thought Jen knew more about the murder.

Ryan 1:19
Frank 23:43
Josh part 1 - 47:49
Josh part 2 - 1:13:31

Chase 1:36:50

Listen at the Josh 1:14:00 mark.
Josh talks about being at their condo, how JS must know something more.
SS told him things about their bedroom activity. He says 1:17:20 he knows Jen and Him sexually... kinky people. 1:17:50 He says personally he thinks all three of them did something weird.

If he or anyone thought they may have both been abusing Ms then he had a duty to report his concerns to child protection or police. Did he do that? If not, why not?? Would love it anyone who says they had a suspicion who then didn’t report it goes down for a crime as well!! The way he worded it is also concerning. Being a child Ms could not consent, and it was abuse - she wasn’t involved in the bedroom with Ss or JS. She was abused for sure by SS for sure and possibly by Js as well. This guy is gross!

We woke up...

Forgot his phone because he was herding her out the door...

We left...

We were making good time, amazing time, I think he said.

We, we, we. But...

Glaring lack of credible activity by Maddie.

He is revolting.
Well the backpack in the dumpster by 7:35am confirms he was awake and moving. But doesn’t seem to indicate that Ms was still alive by then.

Being a child Ms could not consent, and it was abuse - she wasn’t involved in the bedroom with Ss or JS.
Thank you! Agreed 100%! It makes my blood boil when news articles on these issues refer to it as "having sex". No, no. The words you're looking for are "assault", "abuse", or "attack" preceded with "innocent victim of".

Probably. In docs I saw today the police got a warrant for capital one (a credit card company) biz acct. Which of them had a biz acct and why?

The police also asked for pen and trace ((twice or on two devices). I googled. They were interested in incoming calls / communication on those I guess. Very interesting.
My guess would be SS parents and they may have had him as a user on the account. We know from Grey Hughes and other interviews with approved sources that SS parents operated various businesses, so this makes logical sense to me as SS put he has zero assets on his forms for legal assistance.

If he told police he and Ms forgot their phones then when did he go back and get his so that he was able to call JS to be so apologetic?
Maybe? Although this was early in the morning still, and from the various tales told by SS and JS, SS went to the vape shop and then back to the condo and then out again to run some errands? And he thinks JS was "getting as much sleep as she could"

BUT you know what? In the media interviews, looking back didn't JS AND SS say they hung out at home all morning until SS left around 2 to run an errand? And the vape shop had been closed when he went?

They both lie an absurd amount.

I wonder how SS's parents felt hearing him describe living with them as two old deaf people yelling at each other.

Charming.
One more example of SS being disgusting. I hope one or both of the detectives cares for elderly relatives. Such a sickening way to try and "bond" and joke around with the detectives.

Something that has crossed my mind recently is that had her life not been stolen from her and she had reached 13 years of age, Maddie would have been able to utilize psychiatric and medical services without the consent of a parent or guardian and that could have potentially helped save her life or report her step and prevent further harm to her person while holding him accountable.

For example, at 13 Maddie could have reached out to the crisis intervention services and psychiatric and counseling services without the risks of her confidentiality being breached or mother or stepfather finding out. These services could have also given her the opportunity to discuss or disclose the sexual assault, abuse and exploitation at home safely and privately.

She would have also been allowed to utilize sexual heath services without the consent of a parent and guardian and could have also given her the opportunity to disclose the rape, sexual assault and abuse at home and document not only her statements but any signs or symptoms of the abuse that could later be used in court or with child protective services as they attempt to protect Maddie.

Since these health providers are also mandated reporters the hope would be that not only Maddie receive the support and any treatment that she needs but that SS is held accountable by the court of law, Maddie’s safety is secured, even if means removing her from home to stay to someplace safer and that Maddie gets the justice deserved and her voice is heard.

I just really wish she had the chance but SS’s audacity and evilness took that, along with her life and the many opportunities she could have had in it as she got older, from her and he had absolutely no right to do so.

Something that has crossed my mind recently is that had her life not been stolen from her and she had reached 13 years of age, Maddie would have been able to utilize psychiatric and medical services without the consent of a parent or guardian and that could have potentially helped save her life or report her step and prevent further harm to her person while holding him accountable.

For example, at 13 Maddie could have reached out to the crisis intervention services and psychiatric and counseling services without the risks of her confidentiality being breached or mother or stepfather finding out. These services could have also given her the opportunity to discuss or disclose the sexual assault, abuse and exploitation at home safely and privately.

She would have also been allowed to utilize sexual heath services without the consent of a parent and guardian and could have also given her the opportunity to disclose the rape, sexual assault and abuse at home and document not only her statements but any signs or symptoms of the abuse that could later be used in court or with child protective services as they attempt to protect Maddie.

Since these health providers are also mandated reporters the hope would be that not only Maddie receive the support and any treatment that she needs but that SS is held accountable by the court of law, Maddie’s safety is secured, even if means removing her from home to stay to someplace safer and that Maddie gets the justice deserved and her voice is heard.

I just really wish she had the chance but SS’s audacity and evilness took that, along with her life and the many opportunities she could have had in it as she got older, from her and he had absolutely no right to do so.

According to the discovery documents, Maddie was seeing a behavioral health professional.

I accessed this document through a search of the website, so the link might not work, but here it goes.

In the interview with police, Sterns confirmed he had saved photos to a Google Drive account and that there were photos of him and Madeline, the report said.

"When I asked Stephan about all the pictures he had saved, Stephan then asked if he should be talking to a lawyer. Shortly after that, Stephan requested an attorney," a detective wrote in the report.
[SNIP]
Jenn Soto, Madeline's mother, told detectives that she and Sterns had dated on and off for at least seven years and that he lived on and off at the home. When he was at home, however, it was not unusual for the three of them to sleep in the same bed or for him to sleep in the same bed as Madeline while Jenn slept somewhere else or was not home, according to the documents.
Madeline Soto case: New Stephan Sterns documents detail Google Drive, sleeping arrangements, security footage
I've been offline for few days and am catching up. I haven't yet listened to his interview or read all the latest news. Just came to say... I have given JS the benefit of the doubt. This right here, is downright disgusting, on top of all the things we already know. She allowed a grown man to sleep in the bed with her young daughter, and when she wasn't around. He acted as if Maddie was his woman. Poor thing, she was abused from such a young age, she thought this was how things were supposed to be, until she knew better.
I wonder if her maternal family members knew they all slept in a bed together? This probably caused them to dislike the no good SS even more. I know grandma had mentioned that she was scared of sleeping alone.
I don't believe JS actually participated in sa Maddie. If she had, I believe SS would have pictures and videos of that. I now believe she knew was suspicious, had uneasy feelings or knew what was going on.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
How many men do we think would use the word hibiscus? I don’t know of any who would know the name of the specific flower to begin with but even if they did, most would just say “flowers on it”… no? Why so specific?!?!
Just catching up, but wanted to answer this.
Honestly, it’s Florida and the word hibiscus is used as much as any standard word.
The shrubbery is on every corner, and standard issue for condo complexes, communities and oftentimes business. It’s just kinda “there”.

Just catching up, but wanted to answer this.
Honestly, it’s Florida and the word hibiscus is used as much as any standard word.
The shrubbery is on every corner, and standard issue for condo complexes, communities and oftentimes business. It’s just kinda “there”.

Thanks for chiming in. I was wondering about this myself since I live in Southern California and even men know the names of common local plants such as ice plant or agave or firesticks.

If he or anyone thought they may have both been abusing Ms then he had a duty to report his concerns to child protection or police. Did he do that? If not, why not??...snipped to reply....
Think about it more fully. Josh said that in an interview after the fact came out that SS had the images on his phone and was suspected of murdering MS. He was responding to questions about meeting Jen, and had just shared what SS told him about their sex life. He was saying that after SS's arrest. Josh wasn't in their life on any steady basis.

One can not go file reports without anything, but a a vague feeling. There were plenty of other people around on a regular basis that didn't seem to report it or stop it from continuing. I have plenty of questions about what the other people around them suspected.

PLEASE someone help me understand what is being said at 56:55 of the video below

"I'm that person for her you know.... "

"Good most of the time you know..
_________________ not long ago so she's getting the PMS mood swings"?????

I'm sorry what!?!?!?!?!?! What is he saying? I am hearing something about her PERIOD!?!?! Da fuq?

My own FATHER when I was a teen would NOT discuss my period or when I was on it or anything of the sort or know when I was on it or ANYTHING of the sort. FULL STOP.

And
@photographer4
I am with you there. I found it ODD that SS used the term "grey hibiscus flowers" on it, especially since Jenn ALSO used the same terminology. SS didn't say Jansport though, if he had said that too it would have been super giveaway. I understand that hibiscus flowers are common in Florida but..... this is an interesting tell.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that she was seen "slumped over" in the front seat of his vehicle. They way they definitively stated they believed she was deceased made me think there was something very concrete that made them say so. More than just someone slumped over in a car.
I haven’t caught up so this might be answered but I believe they saw her on security footage twice iirc … they said the first time wasn’t clear enough to know but the second time she appeared to be deceased.

I respectfully disagree. I think she had no choice at that point but to continue her charade.The problem is shes’s a terrible actor. JMO

This last bit of info released, really sealed my opinion of her.
I definitely see that side of it too. I was just thinking if it were me and I was guilty, I would not ask to see the photo because I would then have to fake shock/horror/disbelief. So the fact that she asked to see it really made me doubt that she knew. But that’s just my take, I can see your point too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esig