2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a transponder for the toll roads that attaches to your car to pay the tolls with credit card. usually assigned to a specific car.

LOL! NS has never seen this email prior to CM just showing it to him now. As he wasn't COPIED or in the TO line of the email, no big surprise. Except to the DT. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Nickolas B. Savage - tell us your name sir...yes (he repeats)
during my time assigned to division work on kc - crimes against children coordinator...nat. center for analysis violent crime...in Feb 2009 attended meeting with numerous prosecution team...yes ...discuss possible whether duct tape covered nose and mouth of a child...object- work product...Mr. Mason HHBP - I guess it could be sustained under work product

what did you do if anything...meeting with prosecution - find photos for prosecution - coordinated with Karen Cowen - day in and day out contact withthe lab...specific request for pictures taken by OC ME photos with scales....locate photos taken by ME office here - possibly yes....remember requesting of Karen Lowe or Erin Martin for the photos that should have been taken - scale size of the duct tape...request made of the lab....reason asked for those - I asked didn't believe those photos had been taken up until that point....receive a responding email from Martin @ FBI - don't believe so...may I approach marked (doesn't look like Nickolas Savage - Erin Martin here - just seen email) recognize it yes...receive a copy of this yourself...first time I saw it when shown by members of your office - (object overrule)

this is a profer -
this is the first time I have seen this - this is not the one I looked @ earlier - first time I have seen that email....

CM - all the questions I need of this witness is profer your honor.

JA - address the ....know what counsel thinks is admissable ....maybe after counsel I will call him back.....agent may stand down

SIDEBAR #11 (4:47-4:49)

Jury is excused.

LDB and JA - next 2 witnesses?

JA - Nick Savage and Officer Erin Martin. They have no first hand knowledge of anything. Suggest proffer.

HHJBP - Mr. Mason will you be conducting the direct?

CM - yes - doesn't want to give a prerun.

JA - the only thing Erin Martin does for the FBI is to take into evidence and send it somewhere else. He assumes the defense wants to know what she is told by someone else.

CM - it's an interesting process to tell them in advance what is coming. Nick Savage will testify as to certain things he did on behalf of the prosecution and Erin Martin will testify as to what she did in response.

JA - already had an issue with the Defense asking an analyst about a paternity test which was deemed irrelevant.

CM - if an FBI has memorialized in an email that they have been asked to create a murder weapon and responded that they would just tell them they didn't take the pictures.

JA - the tape isn't on trial. The integrity of whatever it is is not on trial.

HHJBP - I'd like to hear it. I can hear it now or at 8:30. We are going to start testimony at 9:00

CM calls FBI Agent Nick Savage:

He was the lead FBI agent at the time. He was the crimes against children coordinator and innocent image coordinator.

He attended a meeting where prosecutors were present.

Did you recall whether duct tape was discussed?

OBJECTION - discussion with prosecutors is work product - SUSTAINED

CM: I guess it could be.

What did you do as a result? Did you try to find photos? Yes. What did you do in order to find them? He would have coordinated with Karen Kowen?

Did you make a specific request for photos that may have been taken by the ME? Possibly, yes.

Did you request of Karen Lowe or Erin Martin? There was a request through the lab?

Why did you request them? He asked for them because he did not believe that the photos had been taken up until that point.

Did you receive a responding email from Erin Martin? He did not believe so.

JA said this witness was not indicated in the "To" line.

He was shown the email - Defendant's DL. He recognized the email. He first saw it when shown by the Defense. He then stated this was the first time he had seen this email. It was not the same email he was referring to earlier.

No more proffer questions by CM.

JA - admissibility issues - no questions for the witness.

Agent may stand down. 5:03

Does anyone know what time the presser from the Anthonys will be?

I hope there is an unruly mob surrounding them chanting "LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!" and drowning them out. :maddening:

Mason now asking Savage about an email. He says he didn't send it, has never seen it before. #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 4:02 PM

Savage says this is the first time he has seen this email.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 4:02 PM

I just came in from a meeting - what's going on with the FBI guy and this email, etc.?

Hey CA, I call bull$!*t
No doubt you love your kid but you've just proved yourself as being just as touched in the head as she is. Yeah I'll take my timeout.

In cross I think CA should have been asked to read from her deposition that she signed. Then ask her to read the Webster definition of perjury. *profound* impression on the jury.

Working and can't follow the trial as closely as I'd like but received a text from a friend regarding this testimony ...couldn't resist expressing how I feel.

I wondered why the state did not tersely remind Cindy that she was under oath, or did I miss such an admonishment?

CM has me so confused. Oh, wait, maybe it's me and not really his fault?

There is no way neat nick GA would purchase a 2 yo car with a huge stain in the trunk. Stain removal techniques now a days are advanced, I don't believe the dealership would put it on the lot like that, they would remove the stain or replace the trunk liner.

It was a joke based on Cindy's testimony today that the previous owners were responsible for the trunk stain.

Think CA's "testimony" caused a temporary loss of my sense of humor. :banghead:

I got completely lost during that proffer. Totally failed to get the point. I don't even know if he's coming back tomorrow or not, or if the judge ruled on it...

Time to sign off i guess.

:banghead: Sorry, but the State looks like they are in an unrecoverable tailspin. She can get off because of them!!!:maddening:

And isn't this the guy that Casey took an immediate liking to....stating in jail visit that she WOULD be willing to talk to that Nick Savage guy???

BTW...what the heck is this about????

No that was Apling Wells (sp) called him Appy. He works for Orlando LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann