2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They DOD works in a chain command . No way did they get the clearance to inturupt the DR that quick.

And if they did or they right guy saw it ,he cant single handedly make any calls on someones job.

JA explained to the court that when someone from the DOD discovered Dr. R. on the stand phone calls were made up the chain of commands within the DOD and the proper supervisor contacted the SA's office which is how JA came to be the attorney who took that phone call.

MarkNeJame via Twitter, 1 minute ago

"Could be witness tampering allegation, could be threats, issue with a juror, (a) plea, (or) Casey dissatisfaction with her attorney."

Thanks for staying with therse NeJame tweets. He thinks he is on to something.

I dont think he is not being honest about "someone " calling him....back.

I also have no doubt that whoever it was that called him had his number.

Okay so your theory is that Jeff lied in open court, on the record and in front of Judge Perry? Alrighty then.

I think CM wants off the case and since he is the dp qualified attorney that will cause a mistrial

It seems IS is saying this concerns a possible withholding of information by JA regarding a phone call from the DOD saying if a witness testifies he will be fired.
If this is true it could lead to a mistrial I presume. I sincerly hope the State has not done something improper.

I cannot believe a man as experienced and smart as Ashton would make a mistake like that to cause a mistrial. Don't you think if he did act in such a way, the SA would be included in chambers with the DT? I don't know what to think anymore.:banghead:

did you all hear what JVM was just saying on HLN-she THINKS AND I BOLD THAT.The SA was not happy about what CA did not the stand and it hurt their case,so today IT MAYBE
a plea-MAYBE

It sure appears that a member of the legal term will not be available to continue for the day. My guess is Mr. Baez has run into too many legal issues..and may have got on HHJP's last nerve.

If Mason is yelling at Casey and other DT lawyers then he wants off the case or wants to take it over.

Take it over would be the logical step, him quitting would cause more problems than it's worth, not to mention, his name will now forever be tied to ICA. I think he wants to redeem himself and get rid of Baez. Of course, that is if this is the topic of the issue....

No actually he (JA) came in to court the next court day and asked the judge for another day to review the deposition and did not tell court about the call. JMO

JA would not have discussed Dr. R's personal employment issues in open court until he had to yesterday. JA said he immediately informed DT, I believe him 100%. Just because we didn't hear it on the record, doesn't mean it never happened. C'mon!

You really think the DT in this case has shown us any upstanding behavior thusfar? JMO

My dh came in this am and said, they are talking about that picture being altered in some way.

Does anyone have that picture or could point me to a link where it is contained? I thought it looked a little off yesterday but couldn't devote much time to it at that particular moment. TIA!

That would be the FINAL straw for me, why ruin the man's LIFE if you have ANOTHER witness to say the SAME THING (DT said this yesterday).:banghead:

Just me speculating but maybe the Body farm has filed a legal motion as a result of Dr Rodrigues stating in court, on international TV, that he was a founder of the body farm when in fact he isn't.

JA did not withhold that phone call.. When the DOD saw this expert on the television preparing to testify the DOD immediately contacted the SA's office which is how and why it was JA who took the call. After the DOD informed JA of the issue JA immediately informed HHJP and the DT.

LOL but it took Baez 24 hours to pick up the written notice on his desk and read it so he wants JA sanctioned for taking 24 hours....seriously...:innocent:

I am wondering if this has something to do with ICA testifying. Maybe there is a difference in opinion about that on the DT or a difference in opinion between ICA and the DT. Something that needs to be on the record.

WOW!!!!! You could totally be right!!!!!!!! And why CM was screaming!!!! CM would know better. And if there was a difference in opinions HHJP would want to get it on the record. And why at first the SA's were not present.

I wish! This is so frickin ridiculous. I wish Judge Perry would put a stop to the madness. It's obvious the defense is playing dirty and they will do anything to get a do over. They could've taken up the witness issue after court today and continued with other witnesses but nope.....they probably had no other witnesses and that was the reason for recess. I would bet my house on it.

BBM:

The reason for the delay has been sealed, though. Why seal that?

I'm thinking it could be a potential mistrial. But I don't know the reason for whose fault it might be. And I will scream if it's a mistrial. Mainly because this is what the DT has wanted all along.

But the SA would be in the meeting too if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15