2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am personally looking forward to the end of this trial and no matter the verdict, I am not looking back. This family's drama is no longer worth my leisure time or mental energy. I definitely have no interest in reading some book written by or about this family. There will always be unanswered questions surrounding this case. Justice for Caylee is the only thing I can even care about during this last week of trial. :candle:

I am personally looking forward to the end of this trial and no matter the verdict, I am not looking back. This family's drama is no longer worth my leisure time or mental energy. I definitely have no interest in reading some book written by or about this family. There will always be unanswered questions surrounding this case. Justice for Caylee is the only thing I can even care about during this last week of trial. :candle:

Not going to be here for the appeal(s)? :crazy:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...ony-s-murder-trial-abruptly-recessed/(page)/2

link above to CS Monitor article- IMO, a factual, helpful article on Saturday AM's issues (for me, at least, as I can't watch the trial live, etc...)

witness tampering: the DOD employee potential expert witness for the defense, who is no longer a witness - was that testimony sandbagged by the SA contacting DOD? (Ashton says no, DOD contacted him.)

withholding of exculpatory evidence - Kronk cell phone records for 6 months: SA with-holding of possible exculpatory evidence. Is the evidence exculpatory? Did the SA with-hold it? Melich testisfied he gave 6 months of cell records to the SA, but the SA only gave 2 weeks of that record to the DT? SA says they will check. The only way this matters is if the cell records are exculpatory.

both of the above, if proven in favor of DT, would be grounds for mistrial.

That's my summary of the article, but if you like, please read the article rather than relying on my summary. :cow:

The SA was excluded from a lot of the discussions behind closed doors. If had been either of the two you mention, I don't think they could hold those discussions without SA being in attendance the entire time.

IMO

O/T
LA's testimony and ICA's reaction is so strange to me. Every time I see it again, I can't help but feel something is very very strange.
Mainly I can't keep from trying to figure out ICA's reaction. ICA was genuine crying even down to facial twitching. If you only watch her during LA's testimony, she seems to feel bad FOR Lee, which is unique for ICA, indeed.
But what's also so weird, is as she is listening to LA, at some point she gets a scared wide eyed look on her face- when he is being questioned about why Lee was angry. Like she thought he was going to reveal something she didn't want him to. Then he didn't, and she resumes crying FOR Lee again. Anyone else sort of analyzed ICA's reaction during LA's testimony? I wish I knew what it was she was anticipating him saying.

I guess I was thinking just the opposite. She looked wide eyed waiting for him to reveal what she thought would help her.., he didn't and she began crying harder for herself. I think LA was crying because he couldn't bring himself to lie for her and he was torn. JB had a look of anticipation and after LA finally answered, CM had a resigned look like this is not going to happen the way the defense expected. And LA left the witness stand.

Madam Court Reporter? We've got to go do something.

What, I wonder?

Many people have been dissecting the body language of the key players and speculating about what the meeting behind closed doors could possibly mean but I haven't read anything about the last minute of this video when DS approaches JA and LDB Saturday morning. FG is busy on the phone, LDB appears to be watching or looking to see if someone has left (just prior to DS arriving at the PT table) and JA appears to be quite animated during the conversation with DS. It's hard to tell if JA is smiling or not but he sure is moving his arms and head while conversing.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28356011/index.html

23:00 minute mark

I've read a few other accounts of this, saying that DS's body language was placating or pleading, and JA was sort of "I don't know, what can ya do?" or similar.

I think DS was explaining that she had to go take a deposition and which of them was going to be present (or something) and JA gestured at Frank George who was on the phone just then.

I'm a bit puzzled why people are stuck on LA saying he didn't believe Caylee was dead back then. Doesn't this just mean he says he was in denial, the enormity of her being gone hadn't sunk in. That doesn't mean he thought she was still alive, or did I miss something?

I seriously do not understand this 'change' of defense theory. Are they going to say they were 'mistaken' when they gave their scenario in the Opening Statements? "OOOPS MY BAD, Let me do it over.."

No, it would be more like Something we just thought of: The absolute truth!

Guys, humor me here. When did CA testify to the ladder being up and TIA! :)

Bottom line, much of what has gone on in this case would not have, had JB not been allowed to take this case. I did expect more with the number of atty's on the defense, and I will still never understand allowing a defendant this # of atty's at tax payer expense. Will Fl now give all DP cases this many? Just a vent.

I was watching at the time (8:45) and that is when I saw all the in's and out's with Casey and "her" team. It was as if they were playing some type of tag. j/k I will try to find it. She told Baez something and when he returns for the last time that is when Casey enters and will not even look at Baez, then the sidebar. Then as they are about to proceed CM and JB are about rubbing bellies and then CM announces that he has a separate issue and does not want the reporter in tow, and they all converge at sidebar. Then the judge calls court for unrelated issues from the previous witness but legal issues. That's what I remember seeing. And Casey looked ticked off. jmo

oh, i forgot when i earlier posted about what Beth K said in her little blurb on HLN this morning about the fact that it seemed to her that CA and the A's were now testifying to keep ICA from getting the death penalty.

She said something like this:

The only people in the courtroom for Caylee at this point are the 3 prosecuting attorneys

:heartbeat:

Yes, I respect Bill a great deal and usually read his take on the day's events to get what really happened, but he was pretty vague.
The video I saw wasn't "vague." Baez again tried to present another witness which the prosecution hadn't talked to. Why don't you go view it?

Madam Court Reporter? We've got to go do something.

What, I wonder?

from what I can follow the next step after this was to go in and release the jury until Monday so he might need the court reporter any time he talks to the jury

IIRC CA testified to finding the ladder up and a side gate open during testimony on Friday June 24th.

Not sure if any of you are following the Jason Young trial, but OMgosh - totally gobsmacked when he was called to the stand. He did quite well actually (trained to the hilt IMO), and now we're waiting for the verdict. If you want to read up on another trial (he's suspected of killing his wife) head on over to the trial thread (Jason Young). You can also watch his testimony on line.

At this point, I really wouldn't be suprised if ICA took the stand. There's really no other way to get her story out to the jury (as Jason had to do. And what a story it was <roll eyes>)

MOO

Mel

I really, really want to see her jail visitation records since they came back to Orange County for the trial.

I want to see who is coming to see her at night and on weekends, and how long they are staying.

For several months prior to trial, Baez had only a few, short visits here and there for quite sometime.

Michelle Medina and Janene Barrett, on the other hand, were regular visitors. Sometimes there in the evenings for 7-9 hours at a time. Seriously! Talk about "coaching", "suggesting" and "filling in the blanks for a defense theory"!

I haven't seen anything new on CayleeDailey for ages. Anyone else?

I certainly don't know this case inside and out as some here do but I'm wondering IF they really still believed the whole Zanny story until just recently... Am also wondering who did they think they were having cremated in January or February of 2009 IF they believed Caylee was still alive..Just doesn't make any sense to me... Why even bother to have a cremation and a memorial for a child IF you are still going to pretend she is still alive...
Also, I recall Lee telling someone at some point in time he believed everything his sister said.. Now, how dumb is that?

Sorry, but their actions and some of the statements they have made just boggles the mind...I don't trust their actions or anything they say...JMHO

I think that CA really believed the Nanny story up until recently. I don't think that about GA and LA as much though. I remember in an interview with the police and CA despite everything that Melich explained to Cindy, she would keep bringing up things up about the Nanny that KC told her. Even though KC's lies make no sense and seem like stupid lies probably to most people, since they are so easily proved wrong, KC made up such an elaborate story of the Nanny explaining, the nanny's mother, sister, father and friends with names and all. Plus KC was telling CA this story for a long time. She was also telling her details of an accident that the Nanny had during the time that Caylee was missing. For the most part, KC was telling this story to CA. I think that CA knew deep down something was strange about her daughter, but at the same time believed her. I remember in an interview between someone in the fbi and GA, GA was very candid about KC. He seemed more inclined to disbelieve her and said that he did check up in a store KC said she worked and found out she did in fact not work there. I think after the remains were found, they really believed she died, but were just in denial for a long time and they still trying to give excuses for all KC's lies and to blame someone else....they couldn't believe that KC was that bad, despite all the evidence pointing to her, GA and CA could not possibly believe that their daughter could be so reprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose