NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
To best of my knowledge an inventory of MM's car was never released...

"Father sues for records"
"seeking the release of information tied to the investigation, such as accident reports; an inventory of items taken from her car; a copy of his daughter's computer hard drive; and a surveillance tape from a liquor store where she made a purchase"

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20051229-NEWS-312299962?cid=sitesearch

So now LE is saying all the liquor was in the car? I don't get it...

Yeah, I don't get that either. Between that and the contents of her hard drive including the search that Renner says it did. I can't imagine the Attorney General is going to be thrilled about this.

2) No one ever posts anything about Burlington, yet a Mapquest search for driving directions to Burlington seems to prove that, for a moment at least, she a tentative plan to drive there. Anyone have any idea what was in Burlington for her?

....not a damn clue. Sorry. But it does make me wonder why she changed her mind....or why efforts were not focused on Vermont at first.....what else the police might have known from their initial search that indicated to them that Burlington WASN'T a destination, other than the fact that she was smack in the middle of Haverhill.

I see two new bits of info posted at:

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

New items are: "A new theory" and "Incident at Swiftwater Stage Shop"

Both are interesting.

In going back to James's prior mention of "No alcohol missing" some at his blog seems confused - but the way I read it is just as he said it,"Maura left it all behind in the car."

Now that info about the alcohol is something really new!
I wonder how he was able to get that info, and how official it is since as I mentioned a few posts ago, FM was suing to get that info.

Leaving all the booze behind in the car.... so what did she take with her then? Seems nothing! Seems like she left the scene very fast. Perhaps she have heard LE approaching (sirens, flashing lights approaching)?

OldSteve,

I did continue east about 3 1/2 to 4 more miles. I was in hopes of arriving to the same area that the contractor supposedly saw maura running and then ducking into the woods at.

Not much to note. the left side of Wild Ammoonoosuc as you are heading east features a lot less houses and more woods that lead to a long-flowing stream (it's probably the wild ammonoosuc river, I just don't know what to call it for sure so I will say stream). There are several points on the left side, though, that you can actually turn into (make-shift paths) and get out of your car and look in the woods and behind to the flowing stream

As I was driving I did come across a house on the left that was down a hill (about 2 miles from Maura's wreck) and it just happened that there were about 20-30 people out having a cookout at this property, I could see them in an open area. I didn't stop to talk to any of them however, but I wonder how many of them lived around the area.

On the right side of the road, there are more houses, most above the road as the houses on the right sit off a bit from the road with many of them on top of hills. They have make-shift driveways as well that you either drive straight up or drive up and curve around to get to the houses.

There are plenty of houses though, Maura had opportunites to get help ... Maybe she did attempt to go to a house and maybe it was the wrong one to seek help from.

I stopped after about 3 1/2 to 4 miles because I was losing daylight and wanted to get back to near the accident scene. I know Maura could've continued and eventually (we are talking like 20 miles or more down the same long windy road) she would've ended up on highway 116 and near franconia which she could then get back on the 302 and head towards bartlett, which was an area she searched directions for on her computer the night before she went missing.

Thanks Scoops! Gives me a much better idea about the type of road.... I had visions of it being a road that went over the White Mtns, and from your description it is nothing like that... Perhaps she had been on that road before and knew what it was like....

The Caledonian Record mentions it 7/1/04: "Scarinza also said when Murray left Massachusetts, she had with her a box of wine, and bottles of vodka, Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream.The box of wine, most of which had spilled, was found in the car. Some of the other bottles were not found." Still working backwards to see if I missed an earlier reference to it.

ETA: nope, according to articles on justiceforchandra.com and projectjason.org, July 1 is the earliest reference to the missing alcohol.

Thanks for the info. I can't tell you how many times that I have seen information posted in the daily newspaper that was 100% incorrect. This got me wondering years ago, how much of that other stuff in these papers is incorrect? I guess there are reporters and investigative reporters. I have also seen the same articles about Maura reprinted over and over in other newspapers so I guess I see how all the false info starts to get around so quick and how people take this incorrect stuff as gospel. How much of all the info about what we think happened to Maura is actually true?

Thanks LeoMoon

I check back daily for updates on the partial skull found and so far I haven't been able get any new information. Locals are buzzing about it in Littleton believing it could be Maura

Do you know if there was a jaw with teeth on that skull?
That would make identification a lot easier than waiting for DNA.
With a skull, sometimes, they can tell age, gender and race faster too. They can rule people out rather quickly with that info.

Do you know if there was a jaw with teeth on that skull?
That would make identification a lot easier than waiting for DNA.
With a skull, sometimes, they can tell age, gender and race faster too. They can rule people out rather quickly with that info.

McSpy,

I don't think it was a large sample of a skull, so it may be awhile before they come out with any conclusive results. I will say I can see how a human skull or remains would end up in this horse cemetery because the cemetery is right below a main highway (maybe even the 302). It would make for a good quick drop by someone if that was what they wanted to do. The horse cemetery is in a somewhat secluded area too, so a body could be dumped there and not be discovered for awhile in the thicker brush that is right behind the square fenced off cemetery.

Latest from James's blog

"surprised to find Maura's Saturn still parked behind Troop F's office"

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

Wow! that is surprising!

Curious Scoops if you happened to meet James while you were there?

I've been reading the blog recently, but I still think she ran away and doesn't want to be found. The odds some random murder was lurking around the cold NH mountains seems extremely low to me, but maybe I am naive. I keep pointing back to the fact she ran away down a mountain slope after she crashed as a signal she didn't want to be found. Otherwise, I feel like any normal person would stay with their car till police showed up.

Sent from my iPad

I've been reading the blog recently, but I still think she ran away and doesn't want to be found. The odds some random murder was lurking around the cold NH mountains seems extremely low to me, but maybe I am naive. I keep pointing back to the fact she ran away down a mountain slope after she crashed as a signal she didn't want to be found. Otherwise, I feel like any normal person would stay with their car till police showed up.

Sent from my iPad

I'd agree, primarily because of that strange phone call that went to voice mail in the airport on her boyfriend's cell phone. Both his mother and he believe it was Maura on that call., reaching out.

I'm inclined to believe it too then, for they should know having heard the voice of the whimpering, shivering girl on the cell.

Now, the only question I have yet to be answered (actually no one that I've read here even talks about that call)......is was it in the cabin or someplace that she was being held against her will and she managed to get a free space (perhaps in a bathroom) to make that call? Or was it freely made by her and if so, then what phone did she use?

When all is said and done, we should not ignore one of the most important pieces of evidence - the dog lost her scent just yards away from her car....
Something happened at that point.
She did not take her BF's expensive jewelry with her, and left just about everything else in her car - not the things I'd think someone would do if going to continue on without her car to her destination. Even if she was running away, she would have taken some of what she left behind...
My conclusion is that she was taken at that spot.

I thought the phone call was from someone at the red cross? Also didn't RF say he saw someone fitting her description bout 5 miles from the scene of her accident? The dogs lost her scent right down the road so did she get in a car then decide to get out a few miles down the road?

I thought the phone call was from someone at the red cross? Also didn't RF say he saw someone fitting her description bout 5 miles from the scene of her accident? The dogs lost her scent right down the road so did she get in a car then decide to get out a few miles down the road?

The Police claimed that the card was a REd Cross calling card, but the family (b.f. & his mother ) believes the voice on the other end was not a worker at the Red Cross but indeed, their loved one, Maura Murray crying out.

I don't think they'd have mistaken a professional employee at the Red Cross for Maura. :waitasec:

The Police claimed that the card was a REd Cross calling card, but the family (b.f. & his mother ) believes the voice on the other end was not a worker at the Red Cross but indeed, their loved one, Maura Murray crying out.

I don't think they'd have mistaken a professional employee at the Red Cross for Maura. :waitasec:

From what I read no one was actually crying out and I thought someone admitted to calling Mauras bf who worked at the red cross although I could be wrong. Also why in the world would her bf delete the messege? I would have make a permanent recording of it.

Billy eventually deleted the message because of the way his voice mail was set up. In order to listen to new voice mail, he had to listen to old, saved voice mail first. Apparently (and rather understandably) it got too hard for him emotionally to handle hearing it any time someone left him a message, and he deleted it. This is according to his mom Sharon.

Billy eventually deleted the message because of the way his voice mail was set up. In order to listen to new voice mail, he had to listen to old, saved voice mail first. Apparently (and rather understandably) it got too hard for him emotionally to handle hearing it any time someone left him a message, and he deleted it. This is according to his mom Sharon.

Still I'm dumbfounded that he would not record it to keep for future reference or to give it to a crime lab. If I thought that this was the last sounds I was ever going to hear from my wife again I would make sure to have them forever. Of course everyone is different. The way people are talking it seems that Billy was convinced this was her on the other end of the phone?

this case, today, actually. But he does not inspire trust from my perspective. If I were the parent of a missing person I would not take kindly to his "approach". He seems to be trying to "taunt" the father by making him sound almost "suspect" in his description of not talking to investigators, blah blah. This seems like some tactic to force this man to talk to him to get out "his side". I wouldn't cooperate with this guy either. He's obviously in it for himself. He's already claiming "Exclusives" about things I've read about earlier today that people seem to have known or suspected from the beginning. Anyway, as someone completely new to this case I was kind of repelled by this guy and even more so after seeing his Wiki behavior. I hope he doesn't cause any further pain for the family or harm the investigation. There's always someone trying to make a buck off of someone else's pain.

Also, I'm not here to perform character assassination, but while I'm on the topic of Mr. Renner's blog about Maura's disappearance, I've recently been doing research of my own into Mr. Renner. Nothing more major than a Google search, mind you, but even that was enlightening.

James Renner is heavliy involved in editing certain Wikipedia articles, and apparently has caused quite an uproar on more than one occasion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:JamesRenner Added to how he's handled his blog about Maura, I've lost what respect I might have had for him as an unbiased investigative journalist.

Just throwing that out there. Make of it what you will.

Still I'm dumbfounded that he would not record it to keep for future reference or to give it to a crime lab. If I thought that this was the last sounds I was ever going to hear from my wife again I would make sure to have them forever. Of course everyone is different. The way people are talking it seems that Billy was convinced this was her on the other end of the phone?

To this day, Billy and Sharon both believe it was Maura.

So what if the guy eventually makes a buck off a book. If he is able to find out what really happened, it will be so worth it.

So what if the guy eventually makes a buck off a book. If he is able to find out what really happened, it will be so worth it.

All I can say is that if it were me and my daughter was missing I wouldn't care if someone made a billion $ if he found her even if she ended up deceased. Solving this case would be priceless and far as I can tell this guy is spending his own money to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gknows