GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I don't get in trouble for this...

I was looking through the comments on macon.com made by those users that are obviously family members to Lauren and McD.
One is Lauren's cousin, who has been very vocal there.
I find it interesting that she "liked" this comment by another user:

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/27/1645512/rumors-during-giddings-case-are.html#comment-267092926

I saw that posted right after Kaitlyn stated the same thing in her interview. Could be that Kaitlyn told the poster what LG said or could be the poster just heard it on Kaitlyn's interview. Or it could be that the poster told Kaitlyn that LG said that.

I'm heading to Macon tomorrow. I hope to have time to run by and snap some photos. With people moving in for the new school year, it may be difficult. I have a couple of days to try. You can bet I will try to engage some locals and see what they are thinking. Who knows? Might have some of the newer rumors to share.

You HAVE to try the banana pudding at Market City Cafe. It's like none other!!! One more thing... you must call it in before lunchtime. That's how quickly they sell out of the stuff.

It was also reported earlier that SMcD helped Lauren's dog Butterbean when he was hit by a car their first year in law school.

Old article I found, gives insight on SM from his family. I wonder if they are reading here? I would really like to ask them about his habit of wearing big knives. It really goes against the description here, to me. JMO

McDaniel’s family in metro Atlanta has been keeping an eye on developments in the case.

“I’ve been watching a good bit of the news on it online, and there are numerous rumors going around,” his mother, Glenda McDaniel, said by phone Thursday. “That doesn’t mean they’re true.”

Glenda McDaniel also said that Police Chief Mike Burns has said police have to “eliminate suspects or people of interest.”

“He’s not a suspect at this point,” she said. “He is a person of interest simply based on the fact that he lived next door to (Giddings).”

Stephen McDaniel’s aunt, Melody Rucker, called the entire episode “totally bizarre.”

“We can’t believe it,” Rucker said.

She said her nephew is “one of the nicest, smartest people that I’ve ever known. ... We’re all very, very upset. Of course, we’re upset about the girl. But it’s like a dream really, because Stephen is just the straightest -- never been in trouble, never. ... I’ve never heard him say a cross word to anybody, very mild-mannered.”

Added Rucker: “I know that it’s gonna get resolved, and I certainly do hope that they find whoever did this. ... I can’t imagine what the parents must be going through.”

His mother must be going through a hell of her own right now. Both of these families are being torn apart. I truly hope if SM did not do this, they find out who did and catch them, and SM can recover from this and move on in his career. If he did, I hope he is punished to the full extent of the law.

I know from what I have read so far, I couldn't convict him. Rumors from people about how they think he acted and thought are not facts. I need more hard facts and evidence to back it up.

I think forensics will have to have some sort of answer...this is not a crime where the body was found months or years later, in water, or other scenarios where all evidence is destroyed. Something should remain of the perp, to rule SM in or out, even with the utmost case. I am counting on it and think it will happen.

Yes, SM went into grave detail about Lauren's dog being hit.. That he heard it get hit by a car and went out there that thankfully there was someone on the scene was a vet or somehow involved with a vet and knew just where to take Butterbean for immediate attention that saved his life.. Yea, McD states that Lauren's parents came down fir a visit a couple weeks after the incident and that this is whenhe'd only "briefly" met them..

The answer was in reply to the reporter asking had het met any of Laurens family?..
And this long drawn out detailed story of Butterbean that happened several years ago in their first year of Law school.. That finally ends with him saying he'd only briefly met her family then..

Of course IMO at this point in the on cam chat that SM had.. the news that the torso had been located had already happened.. So at this point he does seem to attempt to now distance himself from Lauren.. While the first segment he is very much interjecting himself into all things Lauren.. But very odd that truth be known just one month prior in May he had been around and had interaction with numerous of Laurens family on numerous occassions while they were in town for a stay leading up to the graduation.. But yet he goes all the way back to an irrelevant detailed acct if Butterbean getting hit and that a couple weeks after the dog was hit they came for a visit and just briefly met them then..hhhmmmmmm..

Definitely attempting to distance himself at that point..jmo, tho!

But as for him helping in the Butterbean incident?? IMO hearing the dog get hit and going out to see what happened doesn't consist of much "helping" IMO and that's straight from the horses mouth with his own very detailed account of Butterbean being hit by a car..

I saw that posted right after Kaitlyn stated the same thing in her interview. Could be that Kaitlyn told the poster what LG said or could be the poster just heard it on Kaitlyn's interview. Or it could be that the poster told Kaitlyn that LG said that.
Is this the interview you're referring to?
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/ar...dings-Sister-Talks-About-Police-Investigation
I just listened to this again and did not hear her state this.
In fact, she and cousin have both been careful not to say anything negative about McD.
But that little 'slip' from the other user (apparently someone close to Lauren)
would seem to indicate there's more to the story than is being told at this time.
To actually click the 'like' on that is like affirming it - IMO.
And since the other user is implicitly claiming to be someone close to Lauren,
I suspect the cousin knows who they are - again, IMO :)

Every nice sounding thing has to be an evil plot?

I remember reading there were other graduation parties going on in a public restaurant. We do not know if he went to her party or someone else's. As for the dog thing, the horse (your word, not mine) talked about going to her as support until they located a vet. Kind of sounds like something I would do, even for a total stranger. If I found out my next door neighbor was missing, and especially if I knew them even a little, I would have jumped right in to help look. I have yet to off anyone. Every behavior isn't necessarily part of a twisted plan to do her in.

I think when something tragic happens most people start thinking of all the small incidents where they were involved with someone. May sound trivial to those outside, but they mean something to the person remembering.

I wonder if fascination with knives is a regional or cultural thing. Down in my neck of the woods (not too far from GA, relatively speaking), we frequently have gun and knife shows where vendors line up in row upon row of booths, displaying guns, knives and ammo for enthusiasts to browse and purchase, flea market style. There's also a shop in the upscale shopping mall down the road that sells cigars and knives. (Not sure why those two items are sold together... perhaps gentlemen enjoy sitting in the study, smoking cigars and arguing about who has the biggest blade).

Collecting knives is a very common hobby down here. There are a variety of specialties and I know kids who have started their collections quite young, and to those who are particularly fascinated with their collections, I don't think it's unusual at all for knives to be given as gifts. It's also common to collect sheaths, by purchase or by designing/creating them in custom patterns. While I'm not a collector myself, I'd imagine that people who avidly collect knives and sheaths enjoy wearing them from time to time, especially when they're new. It's like the macho version of a designer handbag.

Based on my experience, I would not draw any negative conclusion about an individual based upon the fact that he collects knives and enjoys wearing and displaying them on his person. I would probably draw such a conclusion if they were wearing the knives concealed and/or carrying them into places where knives are not allowed, but I'm not aware of any fact like that in this case.

Old article I found, gives insight on SM from his family. I wonder if they are reading here? I would really like to ask them about his habit of wearing big knives. It really goes against the description here, to me. JMO

I've not seen any evidence that he was "in the habit of wearing big knives".
It's rumored he had a knife and/or sword collection, which may be true.
Lots of guys went through phases of being infatuated by knives like that
when I was growing up - especially when Rambo came out :)
I think everyone was walking around with one of those cheap imitations
with the compass on the handle and the water-proof matches inside.

I don't think his having such a collection gives any insight one way or the other
as to whether or not he could have committed this crime.
There are far more people who own knives and guns that have never cut or shot anyone :)

I've not seen any evidence that he was "in the habit of wearing big knives".
It's rumored he had a knife and/or sword collection, which may be true.
Lots of guys went through phases of being infatuated by knives like that
when I was growing up - especially when Rambo came out :)
I think everyone was walking around with one of those cheap imitations
with the compass on the handle and the water-proof matches inside.

I don't think his having such a collection gives any insight one way or the other
as to whether or not he could have committed this crime.
They are far more people who own knives and guns that have never cut or shot anyone :)

Seriously! I live in a family of hunters. They have all kinds of junk. And when my son was small, my brother used to buy him some of the most terrifying strange weapons. Made for interesting birthdays because he got to OOH and AAH over them, then I took them away and locked them up. None of us have ever even hurt another person.

I remember reading there were other graduation parties going on in a public restaurant. We do not know if he went to her party or someone else's. As for the dog thing, the horse (your word, not mine) talked about going to her as support until they located a vet. Kind of sounds like something I would do, even for a total stranger. If I found out my next door neighbor was missing, and especially if I knew them even a little, I would have jumped right in to help look. I have yet to off anyone. Every behavior isn't necessarily part of a twisted plan to do her in.

I think when something tragic happens most people start thinking of all the small incidents where they were involved with someone. May sound trivial to those outside, but they mean something to the person remembering.

Wow, I was going to respond, but the poster edited her words.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/ar...dings-Sister-Talks-About-Police-Investigation
In fact, she and cousin have both been careful not to say anything negative about McD.
would seem to indicate there's more to the story than is being told at this time.

Kaitlyn says it at the beginning of the interview. Some other posters had the same problem and did not hear the full interview. I think it's right after the one minute mark. I was just speculating about whether the poster heard it from LG since it was posted about the same time as the interview. I agree, in the beginning Kaitlyn was careful not to say anything negative but now she's starting to imply more.

Haha, PsychoMom, I get your point, but it's easy to see it all as an evil plot if we lean toward suspecting him. If we don't, it's easy to see a lovable goof in McD whom we'd like to scoop up and hug. We won't know until the evidence is in.

Haha, PsychoMom, I get your point, but it's easy to see it all as an evil plot if we lean toward suspecting him. If we don't, it's easy to see a lovable goof in McD whom we'd like to scoop up and hug. We won't know until the evidence is in.

That's my point. We don't know. I have a tendency to look at it both ways on everything. I have to admit, it does drive people crazy sometimes. It is a hazard of the job. I can't throw emotion onto every action. I need to see what their thought was behind it. I can see it both ways, I just don't see many here saying that. I figure I should provide the balance. Then we can evaluate all of the facts, not the emotions we get based on what we think someone meant.

I learned LONG ago, we don't know the thought processes of others. We can only attribute our own thought process to their actions. Think about what you would be thinking if you did the exact same actions. Would you be thinking of killing someone? If so, then we have a WHOLE different issue with some of things said. Kidding! I think a lot of us have done some of the exact same things, and it was with good intentions. So, why not think about the possibility SM had only good intentions until we get evidence showing otherwise?

I would really and truly be thrilled if he were the one. I would know their isn't a crazy person loose in Macon capable of doing this kind of thing.

This is where it was discussed earlier. Sorry I can't give the exact minute. I think the last update on my laptop screwed up the sound.:waitasec:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145714&page=12

can someone please tell me where the collecting knives info on sm is coming from?
I'm pretty sure that was just a rumor.

Adding:
There are some pics of him with one (maybe more) around Christmas time, probably gifts.
I don't know that 2 or 3 knives constitutes a "collection" :)

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00206/text_ta_time_since_death.htm

Thanks Bessie for that link.. That site is extremely informative about many differing aspects dealing with death/murder.. Definitely a site to keep bookmarked..

The ^above^ snipped quote is from that link and details what most likely was used to possibly help identify Lauren's TOD.. If we know she picked up the zaxby's at 6:30 and it was mere blocks from her apt we can safely assume it was consumed prior to or very close to 7pm.. If it is found that officially her DOD is June 26th then IMO that would be consistent with looking at the digestive system they would have found HER'S to be likely atleast at the 6 hour range of digestion where the food makes it's way thru the second half of the small intestine moving into the large intestine.. This would put the TOD approximately at 1am of June 26th.. Or it could have been found that the small intestine was already thoroughly emptied suggesting the victim's last meal was 8 hours prior to their TOD.. This would put the TOD at approx. 3am of June 26..

In reading all of the info at the link I do find it most likely, given the circumstance of dismemberment, that the digestive system was most likely to have been what was used to reach an approx. Time of death..

Therefor in going that route it seems as I detailed ^above^ that most likely her food was found to be at or between the 6-8 hour level of digestion and that would lead to 1-3am of the 26th which is consistent with what Lauren's family has released as her DOD in her obit..

Again thanks Bessie.. That is a great link to keep handy for any/all cases and investigations..:)

This time of death thing goes to a line of thinking I've had recently and was meaning to bring up - could Lauren have been attacked initially while she was sleeping? That is, the perp gained entry (through the front door) then proceeded to <do whatever he did> in her bedroom.

Supporting this theory:
1) the mother's early statement that LG "didn't really know what hit her"
2) no signs of a struggle in the apartment or loud noises reported by neighbors; perp could have more easily subdued a sleeping Lauren
3) if time of death really is the wee hours of 7/26, 1 to 3 AM, as outlined in quoted post

Against this theory:
1) LG had some kind of security bar for the front door .... it would have had to have not been in use for the perp to enter without her knowledge
2) same deal with the alarm, would have to be unarmed
3) LG would have to have gone to bed relatively early; last known contact was the e-mail at 10:30 and she was supposedly very active on e-mail, texts, maybe facebook ... leads me to believe she either was attacked shortly after 10:30, or else she went to bed shortly after 10:30.

I may be forgetting or overlooking some details. Overall I find this scenario LESS likely than other alternatives, namely that she was awake and allowed the perp to enter her apartment (because she knew him) ... but just wanted to throw it out there as I hadn't seen it discussed here and couldn't think of anything that would eliminate it as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenefa82