IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now.. don't go accusing us of being balanced!! :truce:

Actually I thought you were drunk :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Best I not say too much, it'll bring the Army back in.

Surely though, she knew that she took the phone with her to the bar -- and DR wasn't at the bar with her (that we know of)... I still don't get why she would have chosen to call DR. I DO understand why JR might call him though, even if only to get LS a ride home. That would at least get her back into her own building. Maybe security would have let her into her apartment?

Someone with their logical facilities in tact may have remembered taking or using their phone at the bar, I just don't think we can make those kind of judgments about her thinking. DR was with her at JR's earlier in the night, she may have thought she left it there and he picked it up before he went home to give it to her back at Smallwood.

Yes, thats a fine and dandy reason why JR may have called DR, but why oh why wouldn't that be the reason he gave to HT?

Surely though, she knew that she took the phone with her to the bar -- and DR wasn't at the bar with her (that we know of)... I still don't get why she would have chosen to call DR. I DO understand why JR might call him though, even if only to get LS a ride home. That would at least get her back into her own building. Maybe security would have let her into her apartment?

OK the problem I have is that technically DR was with her last AT JR's. So then why would she call him about her phone? Possible he was carrying it for awhile and she's so out of it she forgot if she had it or not when she left for Kilroys.

Or, DR is not where we think he is in the timeline. I always had a problem with this scenario where LS and DR go to JRs. Meet up with CR and MB. CR and LS go to Kilroys, MB goes to write papers and DR?? goes back to SMallwood?
OK, and WHAT does JR do, sit around and stare at the walls? (ok maybe he and his guest).
Makes more sense if more people stayed behind at JRs while LS and CR went out for some boozing. I think there were more people at this party at JRs and they're all under cover now.

I thought I read that when CR/LS left for the bar, DR went back to SW... but, that could have been a "maybe this is what happened"... it's hard to keep that straight for sure. But I've been laboring under the assumption that DR went back home.

I do agree that if LS was as wasted as we assume she was, she might have had a hard time sorting out what happened when (lord knows WE have a hard time with that!)... and perhaps she didn't remember if she took her phone to the bar.

The other challenge is that the ONLY story we have from JR comes through HT and we know she's not quoting - only paraphrasing... (and protecting?)

Makes more sense if more people stayed behind at JRs while LS and CR went out for some boozing. I think there were more people at this party at JRs and they're all under cover now.

Well, according to HT, JR was out of booze... so maybe they WERE staring at the walls, unless he had some other party supplies... (which could have been why DR went over there... to make a delivery?)

CR and LS go to Kilroys, MB goes to write papers and DR?? goes back to SMallwood?

I thought I read that when CR/LS left for the bar, DR went back to SW... but, that could have been a "maybe this is what happened"... it's hard to keep that straight for sure. But I've been laboring under the assumption that DR went back home.

It's DR's own words that he went back to Smallwood. I'll add the link of ye olde video of him saying it in a minute. In it, he also says "I believe she went to Sports" (BBM), making me assume that he learned that secondhand and that they did not leave JR's together.

edit- ugh! of course, they've %#@# pulled it (was here http://www.wsbtradio.com/wsbtradio/...rch-for-missing-coed-20110605,0,3695246.story)

edit2- woohoo mirrors. http://www.wpix.com/news/wxin-family-friends-search-for-missing-coed-20110605,0,5779915.story?track=rss

edit3- need a sanity check here...someone else pause the video I linked above at the 5 second mark and tell me if you notice anyone in particular in the shot

Bx2...i can't view the video...can you pls tell us who you think is in the video?

It's DR's own words that he went back to Smallwood. I'll add the link of ye olde video of him saying it in a minute. In it, he also says "I believe she went to Sports" (BBM), making me assume that he learned that secondhand and that they did not leave JR's together.

edit- ugh! of course, they've %#@# pulled it (was here http://www.wsbtradio.com/wsbtradio/...rch-for-missing-coed-20110605,0,3695246.story)

edit2- woohoo mirrors. http://www.wpix.com/news/wxin-family-friends-search-for-missing-coed-20110605,0,5779915.story?track=rss

edit3- need a sanity check here...someone else pause the video I linked above at the 5 second mark and tell me if you notice anyone in particular in the shot

bbm

is this the 5 sec mark? on the left is it HT from the rear?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-06 at 11.21.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-06 at 11.21.23 PM.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 63
Pretty sure that is her, but I'm focusing more on orange shirt.

I haven't seen a lot of pictures of many of these players, so it is hard for me to figure. R/O CR, JW, ZO, AB, DR, so who does that leave? I thought DB was heavy set so no. SO, JR? I haven't seen many pictures of him but I thought he was a bit fairer.

ok, I GIVE UP!!!!:truce: who do you think?

Pretty sure that is her, but I'm focusing more on orange shirt.

I haven't been following Lauren's disappearance for the past month or so but could that be CR in the orange shirt with the sunglasses? :dunno:

I haven't seen a lot of pictures of many of these players, so it is hard for me to figure. R/O CR, JW, ZO, AB, DR, so who does that leave? I thought DB was heavy set so no. SO, JR? I haven't seen many pictures of him but I thought he was a bit fairer.

ok, I GIVE UP!!!!:truce: who do you think?

There's only 2 pics of him available online (facebook profile and mug shot) but for whatever reason I said to myself, oh s**t, that's JR, when re-watching. Probably inconclusive, just wanted to see if I was crazy.

Oh, JR. Let me look at it again. I've seen those couple photos of him. What do you think elmomom. Could that be JR?

ETA: Looked at it again but it's hard to tell because it goes by so fast. Didn't JR leave town pretty early on after Lauren's disappearance, though, if I remember correctly and/or that hasn't been debunked? The date of the video is June 5th, though, so maybe...

There's only 2 pics of him available online (facebook profile and mug shot) but for whatever reason I said to myself, oh s**t, that's JR, when re-watching. Probably inconclusive, just wanted to see if I was crazy.

well, rumor has it that he was around, and not in hiding for at least a little while. Helped LS's Dad at the command center IIRC was the claim. In one of the early pressers, LE says that they spoke to him. So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. I have never ever thought he packed up and left on the Saturday. I think he must have been around at least until Monday. But I get slammed every time I try and say this. And I get really tired of going off on the expedition of looking for links every time I do!!!

Oh, JR. Let me look at it again. I've seen those couple photos of him. What do you think elmomom. Could that be JR?

ETA: Looked at it again but it's hard to tell because it goes by so fast. Didn't JR leave town pretty early on after Lauren's disappearance, though, if I remember correctly and/or that hasn't been debunked? The date of the video is June 5th, though, so maybe...

See my previous post - no he was around at least a little while. There is a still I captured a few posts up thread. Personally, I really can't say if it is, but couldn't say that it isn't.

oh, and hey gorgeous! how are you?

well, rumor has it that he was around, and not in hiding for at least a little while. Helped LS's Dad at the command center IIRC was the claim. In one of the early pressers, LE says that they spoke to him. So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. I have never ever thought he packed up and left on the Saturday. I think he must have been around at least until Monday. But I get slammed every time I try and say this. And I get really tired of going off on the expedition of looking for links every time I do!!!

Yeah, even if it is him (video from 6/5, btw) it doesn't necessarily tell us anything. I just wondered if it helps shed any new light on people's existing theories if he did stick around for awhile, assist with the initial search efforts, etc.

We know JR is on the shorter side of average for a guy, I think, so that fits.

:seeya: Elmomom. I'm doing well but haven't been able to really check in to see what you guys have been up to in quite a while. I'll have more time tomorrow, I think, so I hope to catch up on what you and the other great Websleuthers are thinking these days.

Poor Lauren has been gone just over two months now. I don't think the NYC media is even covering it much anymore but the dedication here is tremendous. Have a great night everyone. :heart:

bbm

is this the 5 sec mark? on the left is it HT from the rear?

The young woman is wearing and sweatshirt with "500" on the back. HT went to the Indianapolis 500 race with LS and others. (There's also Little 500 at IU.)
FWIW that is Rabbi Sue wearing white cropped pants.

found this article in comments in ^ timeline post.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.895757.sto

"Qualters said police also have no plans to release surveillance videos collected from apartment complexes and businesses in the area. He said the latest from those videos shows Spierer walking north of 10th Street between 3:15 and 3:30 a.m. the night she went missing, but he would not say whether she was alone or what else might have happened in the video."

article from june 12th. Lauren is on video walking north on 10th btween 3:15 & 3:30 am. So the video of her exiting the alley is not the last video of her. Would this not be the correct time & place for the bar manager that Gotto has as a witness?
Sorry if this has been hashed out already. I just noticed it and all reports still have her last seen @ 2:5? exiting the alley. TIA

found this article in comments in ^ timeline post.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.895757.sto

"Qualters said police also have no plans to release surveillance videos collected from apartment complexes and businesses in the area. He said the latest from those videos shows Spierer walking north of 10th Street between 3:15 and 3:30 a.m. the night she went missing, but he would not say whether she was alone or what else might have happened in the video."

article from june 12th. Lauren is on video walking north on 10th btween 3:15 & 3:30 am. So the video of her exiting the alley is not the last video of her. Would this not be the correct time & place for the bar manager that Gotto has as a witness?
Sorry if this has been hashed out already. I just noticed it and all reports still have her last seen @ 2:5? exiting the alley. TIA

The 3:15/3:30 times are wrong and were later replaced. Also, the wording is north of 10th Street (not "on"). This part of her route would be in the alley with cameras because 10th runs east and west. The map on page 1 of this thread shows the updated times 2:48/2:51.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value