GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: A closer look at Stephen McDaniel, the man accused in Lauren Giddings' killing

“Wednesday morning,” she says, “my 6-year-old, Asher, woke up crying. And I asked him what he had dreamed about. He had dreamed about Stephen. ... He said, ‘Mommy, I need to go to Macon.’ I said, ‘Why, darling?’ He said, ‘I want to go to Macon so I can help find her body, because her family is so sad.’ ... To think that a 6-year-old would have that much compassion and worry over something like that.”

After Stephen was charged with murder, she told the kids so that they wouldn’t hear about it on the TV news or in conversations grown-ups might have around the house.

Glenda McDaniel says she told them, “The Bible says, ‘All God’s promises for good he keeps.’ ... And Stephen belongs to God, and we are gonna claim those promises and we are gonna trust God. And my 8-year-old said, ‘Satan is trying to steal Stephen.’ I said, ‘Yes, dear, he’s trying to steal Stephen. He’s trying to steal our testimony. He’s trying to steal our faith in God. He’s trying to steal our peace, and we’re not going to listen to Satan.’ And the 10-year-old said, ‘Well, Satan is powerful.’ I said, ‘Yes, Satan and his demons are powerful. And one day they will be chained forever.’”

IMO:

WHAT AN EYE OPENING PORTAL INTO THE LIFE OF MCD'S UPBRINGING

This is totally off the chart for these young children to be told this sort of detailed information.
They were not only told, they were told with details to the extent one child had a nightmare about looking for the body!
Ms. McD perceived the nightmare this 6 year old child had as a result of 'compassion and worry'.
It is worry alright in the truest sense of the word.
Dysfunctional adults are often the product of environments such as this.

These children's young minds are incapable of processing Ms. McD's information in a positive meaningful way.
It is difficult enough for ADULTS to discuss or grasp these topics and concepts.

When it comes to Christianity, these young children should be hearing "Jesus Loves Me songs & stories"
not details of murder, body parts, Demons, and chaining Satan.

She should have told them as little as possible:"Stephen is talking with some important people to help them find a lady who had an accident."

END OF DISCUSSION.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/07/1657...#ixzz1UPr4K9Qq

....and on top of it all, if something really terrible does happen, it is not Stephen's fault...it is Satan's fault. Too bad Satan can't be charged with murder.

Good one, Shivers!
I think we can pretty much count on Mrs. McDaniel to provide us with a blow-by-blow "Stephen didn't do it" sideline story with each new development.

Article: A closer look at Stephen McDaniel, the man accused in Lauren Giddings' killing

“Wednesday morning,” she says, “my 6-year-old, Asher, woke up crying. And I asked him what he had dreamed about. He had dreamed about Stephen. ... He said, ‘Mommy, I need to go to Macon.’ I said, ‘Why, darling?’ He said, ‘I want to go to Macon so I can help find her body, because her family is so sad.’ ... To think that a 6-year-old would have that much compassion and worry over something like that.”

After Stephen was charged with murder, she told the kids so that they wouldn’t hear about it on the TV news or in conversations grown-ups might have around the house.

Glenda McDaniel says she told them, “The Bible says, ‘All God’s promises for good he keeps.’ ... And Stephen belongs to God, and we are gonna claim those promises and we are gonna trust God. And my 8-year-old said, ‘Satan is trying to steal Stephen.’ I said, ‘Yes, dear, he’s trying to steal Stephen. He’s trying to steal our testimony. He’s trying to steal our faith in God. He’s trying to steal our peace, and we’re not going to listen to Satan.’ And the 10-year-old said, ‘Well, Satan is powerful.’ I said, ‘Yes, Satan and his demons are powerful. And one day they will be chained forever.’”

IMO:

WHAT AN EYE OPENING PORTAL INTO THE LIFE OF MCD'S UPBRINGING

This is totally off the chart for these young children to be told this sort of detailed information.
They were not only told, they were told with details to the extent one child had a nightmare about looking for the body!
Ms. McD perceived the nightmare this 6 year old child had as a result of 'compassion and worry'.
It is worry alright in the truest sense of the word.
Dysfunctional adults are often the product of environments such as this.

These children's young minds are incapable of processing Ms. McD's information in a positive meaningful way.
It is difficult enough for ADULTS to discuss or grasp these topics and concepts.

When it comes to Christianity, these young children should be hearing "Jesus Loves Me songs & stories"
not details of murder, body parts, Demons, and chaining Satan.

She should have told them as little as possible:"Stephen is talking with some important people to help them find a lady who had an accident."

END OF DISCUSSION.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/07/1657...#ixzz1UPr4K9Qq

I posted my thoughts on this earlier today, but I 100 percent agree with you. There is a dynamic in this family that is NOT okay.

I grew up in a very church going home. I could not imagine, as a child, ever expressing something like that. Serious thoughts about faith and demons and being "chained forever." Not only because I couldn't imagine being told specific details of the murder (at six, that is horrid), but mainly because a six year old verbalizing thoughts about Satan and faith that way is a stretch. It's obvious the McD's home life is abnormal, but having a 6 year old say those things, and in that manner, not only seem sickening, but also impossible.

No, you can see it in the video. Golba's dog, Rhino, actually starts freaking out barking around the Mercer dumptser.

Yes, so she was supposed to go camping with those guys.

SHivers,
I have searched WS but cannot locate the video fo Rhino barking at the Mercer LS dumpsters.
Can you please post it for me?
Thanks.

I think his mother wants to believe his innocence. I would if he were my child. However, she is letting truths slip out that add further evidence to his guilt.

As for telling the children the things she has told them, I kinda understand it. They are going to hear it. Some other kid at school is going to say something to them. It is better they are a little prepared. The thing that really struck me is the comment "Satan is trying to steal Stephen..." To me, that is a sad realization from a small child who knows his big brother is capable of doing this crime. Not that he completely understands it, but he must feel "Satan" is able to get to him. I don't know if that is something they were told and he simply repeated it, or if he came up with it on his own. Repeating it means he didn't think of it, but the person talking to him did. That could have been the mother, or even someone at the church who decided to "help" the parents out with the littler ones.

New thread coming up in a few minutes.

I think his mother wants to believe his innocence. I would if he were my child. However, she is letting truths slip out that add further evidence to his guilt.

As for telling the children the things she has told them, I kinda understand it. They are going to hear it. Some other kid at school is going to say something to them. It is better they are a little prepared. The thing that really struck me is the comment "Satan is trying to steal Stephen..." To me, that is a sad realization from a small child who knows his big brother is capable of doing this crime. Not that he completely understands it, but he must feel "Satan" is able to get to him. I don't know if that is something they were told and he simply repeated it, or if he came up with it on his own. Repeating it means he didn't think of it, but the person talking to him did. That could have been the mother, or even someone at the church who decided to "help" the parents out with the littler ones.

I respectually and completely disagree.
If I am understanding your post correctly, you approve of this conversation between Mrs. McD and her grandkids.

IMO
It was absolutely UNnecessary to disclose the details and use the Biblical terminology she did with these young children ages 6 to 10.

Why would she discuss chaining Satan, Satan stealing Stephen, and demons with children this young?

I do not think that a child would even begin to conceive that his big brother (uncle) is capable of committing this crime.
Before a child could come to the conclusion that Stephen was capable, the child would have to know and understand that McD was accused of murdering a person and dismembering them and hiding their body parts.
Once that was explained to the child then the child would need to be able to look at their big brother/uncle and say "YES my big brother could do that. "

I can am 58 years old and it is very difficult for me to look at Stephen's photo and think him capable of this crime.

IMO this conversation between Ms McD and her grandkids is indicative of what drove McD directly off Reality Road.
This type of Biblical rhetoric into the minds of young children sends negative
impressions and mixed messages which a child is not equipped to decipher and appropriately apply.

I can only imagine what Mrs. McD told Stephen about SEX as he was growing up which is why he was all mixed up on that topic as well.
Stealing condoms? A virgin? Never a girlfriend at age 25? Creeping in and out of apartments and God only knows what else....

IMO, Mrs. McDaniel would reap a much more stable crop if she sowed Christianity through God's love and children's bible stories and leave the Book of Revelation for an adult study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg