ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look who owns the copyright to this photo:

article-0-0D7769EB00000578-866_634x358.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dner-Aruba-suspects-camera.html#ixzz1VPAwil6Z

Is he making money on this? :waitasec:

Ugh. I hope not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dner-Aruba-suspects-camera.html#ixzz1VPAwil6Z

Checking the US Copyright Office, I don't find any copyrights registered in the name of Richard Forester (other than old lyrics by R.A. Forester). One does not have to register, but anyone serious about photography would do so in order to protect their rights. Interestingly, I don't find any registrations under Gary Giordano, either. My guess is, RF gave someone the photo, or sold it or licensed it, either for cash or not, but wanted to be credited for it.

http://www.copyright.gov/

So I wonder if he took this picture of RG? If not then how can he copyright it?

ETA:

Q. Who owns the copyright?

A. Generally, the person who creates a work is the owner of the copyright. Thus, independent artists, photographers and writers own the copyrights to their works. The only exceptions to this rule occur when a work is created by an employee as part of his or her job duties or when a work is created under a written ìwork-for-hireî agreement.

For example, free-lance photographers own the copyrights to the images that they allow to newspapers or magazines to publish. However, absent an agreement that provides otherwise, a newspaper or magazine will own the copyright to all works that their staff journalists and photographers create as part of their job responsibilities. The same is true for art directors working in advertising agencies. The only way that the copyright could belong to the creator in these situations is if there is an assignment of the copyright. Of course, any stories, photographs or artwork created by employees on their own time, would belong to the authors of the works.

Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate between an independent contractor and an employee as that term is defined by the Copyright Act. Most employment situations imply a regular, salaried employment relationship between the parties. However, there is no precise standard for determining whether a person is an employee or an independent contractor under the Copyright Act. A person can be an independent contractor under state law while he or she is an employee under the Copyright Act.

The copyrights to works created under written agreements as works for hire belong to the employer. The law requires that there is a written agreement between the parties. Unfortunately, work for hire agreements can be very simple documents that masquerade as invoices or receipts. Most independent artists, photographers and writers will not operate on a work for hire basis. They feel that to do so, would deprive them of their right to fully exploit their creative talents. Also, they feel they will be treated as employees without having job security or getting any employee benefits.

Stein said the photographs were found in a camera that apparently was recovered from a hotel room where the two stayed.

“We have a camera that’s been confiscated,” Stein said. “We surmise it’s his camera but there’s not yet a definite point of view on that. And there are explicit pictures on that camera

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-gardner-case/2011/08/18/gIQAD0imNJ_blog.html

They arrested him at the airport
Did he leave the camera in the room ?

GG is much more ignorant than I thought he was,to try to cash in on an insurance policy while they are still looking for Robyn .A teenager would be much smarter that that.How someone has a million dollar home and has all the play money he has,well it just amazes me considering how dumb he really is or maybe he knows he is on a downward path and his time is limited.In other words maybe he can't stand the person his has become,if that makes any sense and is being careless.

How did RF meet her? What were they arguing about? Why did she get fired from the dental office job?

What is really known as facts in this case?? Seems most of this stuff is rumors.....and, does anyone really believe anything coming from Aruban authorities?? Really??

I'm seeing a lot of stuff being said by friends, bf, gfs....reports about insurance policies that aren't confirmed. But, is stated as fact. Very confusing and just a bit disgusting. Obviously, this guy is an <unusual person> that this woman chose to go to Aruba with. We don't know why she went. Why she lied about the trip to her live in bf. Weather she was afraid of him or not. Drugged or not. The media is making a big deal because this is Aruba....somehow trying to compare it to Natalie Holloway. Robyn has blonde hair and went missing in Aruba. So far, that is the only connection I can see......MOO

I'm not sure we can post that pic here on this website, if I was calling the shots around here I'd say no because there is an innocent person in that picture that has nothing to do with this case.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for at least explaining...

I think in a case where a woman has disappeared, and it is suggested that she was possibly murdered, honesty and transparency should be required of all of the people she associated with.

Of course, I'm sure, some of them think it's no one's business, even for LE to investigate.

I live in Aruba. So, let me say, much of what's being reported on various networks is NOT accurate. Gardener did NOT go missing from the same location as Holloway. The locations are about 15 miles apart. This is the most glaring error I heard on ABC news.

I live in Aruba. So, let me say, much of what's being reported on various networks is NOT accurate. Gardener did NOT go missing from the same location as Holloway. The locations are about 15 miles apart. This is the most glaring error I heard on ABC news.

Any other insight and/or inaccuracies you can clear up for us?

Welcome the WS

I'd like to know how much RF is/has been paid for all the pictures and/or interviews. I believe his relevance in this case is far less than he wants us to think.

Its nice to have you posting here:great:

I am very aware of the media not getting things right
Everything must be taken with a grain of salt

The only FB that should be on here is that of a player named in MSM. So if they are not a POI or the victim, missing person you can't post links to FB randomly. Please read the rules and TOS. Rumors do not belong here.

And never bring over a post from another forum....... copy and pasting posts from other forums is a :nono:

Thank you for the welcome.

A bloody handprint has been reported? Did anyone test the blood to be human? Do connect it to the people in this case? Details like this should not be reported ahead of, or during, an investigation as they compromise the ability of the police to pin the story down. Plus, at this point, it could have been a fisherman gutting fish or something. Plus, how long would a print last that close to the sea?

Also, it was reported that the suspect was incarcerated at Santa Cruz or Oranjestaad or other places when IN FACT, he was at San Nicolaas. He was transferred to the KIA prison on Monday. I was there. I saw the transfer. Up to that point, the news was just feeding on nonsense. Not facts.

Welcome IslandSurfer! Do you know for sure that dogs and searchers are combing the "beaches" on the south side of the island? I also have to wonder if they've gone over that vacant building with a fine tooth comb. It's looks rather large and is just down from the restaurant they had lunch at.

Why does NG say that Robyn Gardner is a young person vacationing in Aruba?

The only FB that should be on here is that of a player named in MSM. So if they are not a POI or the victim, missing person you can't post links to FB randomly. Please read the rules and TOS. Rumors do not belong here.

And never bring over a post from another forum....... copy and pasting posts from other forums is a :nono:

grandmaj what about the "Help Find Robyn Colson Gardner: Missing in Aruba" FB page? Is that off limits here?

I posted a few pages back ... Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman in Aruba, 2 August 2011

I did two quotes from that site but used no names and they are gone from that site now.

If this is not allowed I need to fix or delete that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member