ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Aruba still would not be my choice. Many other beaches without your hinky meter going off every time someone approaches you. LOL!

That would be your loss for sure! The ABC Islands are beautiful & the island people are wonderful, very warm & friendly. Aruba has had 2 cases of people that have gone missing.....an American girl (Natalee Holloway) linked to a Dutch suspect (JVS), and now another American woman (Robyn Gardner) linked to an American suspect (GG). Neither of these cases have anything to do with Aruba or a person native to Aruba! As I stated a few posts back, I live in the Detroit area.....murders & missing people everyday by the minute. The islands that make up the Netherland Antilles are far more safer than any state in the US.

Welcome IslandSurfer!

It sure is getting harder and harder to figure out what's true and what's not true.

But in all fairness, it can't all be blamed on the media. Authorities and others in Aruba have been quoted and sources have come out of Aruba.

Taco Stein is the one quoted about the bloody handprint. Someone from within the police dept gave out the info about the insurance. JR gave a graphic description of the photos of Robyn.

We sure have seen that the media can act irresponsibly, but they're the easy target, where have they been getting their information?

And I don't mean NG, <modsnip>.

JMHO

Thank you for the welcome.

A bloody handprint has been reported? Did anyone test the blood to be human? Do connect it to the people in this case? Details like this should not be reported ahead of, or during, an investigation as they compromise the ability of the police to pin the story down. Plus, at this point, it could have been a fisherman gutting fish or something. Plus, how long would a print last that close to the sea?

Also, it was reported that the suspect was incarcerated at Santa Cruz or Oranjestaad or other places when IN FACT, he was at San Nicolaas. He was transferred to the KIA prison on Monday. I was there. I saw the transfer. Up to that point, the news was just feeding on nonsense. Not facts.

bold is mine-
Pretty typical, sadly.

Stein said the photographs were found in a camera that apparently was recovered from a hotel room where the two stayed.

“We have a camera that’s been confiscated,” Stein said. “We surmise it’s his camera but there’s not yet a definite point of view on that. And there are explicit pictures on that camera

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-gardner-case/2011/08/18/gIQAD0imNJ_blog.html

They arrested him at the airport
Did he leave the camera in the room ?

If the camera was still in the room, chances are it was her camera, not his. A guy wouldn't leave something like that behind.

How did RF meet her? What were they arguing about? Why did she get fired from the dental office job?

Due to the severe recession in the country, it's more then likely, not a firing, but a lay - off?

Of course, I don't know either way.

Probably only someone who worked there, or her own family would know.

I'd not trust the old ? b.f. who claims to know everything about her.
He obviously did not. <modsnip>

@ sunset beach : Re:
Do you think they will find her body?

I haven't a clue, but my wild a -- guess would be no.

<modsnip>

Why does NG say that Robyn Gardner is a young person vacationing in Aruba?

If NG means Nancy Grace, then I think one has to question a lot of what she is saying in relation to this case. Most obvious is the claim that the couple was snorkeling in Baby Beach where babies swim and where it is impossible to drown. A couple drowned at Baby Beach in 2006.

I think it's rather obvious that Robyn Gardner is a 35 year old divorcee who spent a lot of money on updating her physical appearance and who, as a mature woman, was quite capable of thinking for herself.

Here are a couple of photos that will hopefully help clarify the location where she was last seen.

Location in relation to the Island:

colson__snorkel.jpg

She was allegedly snorkeling in the Nanki Beach area and there was one remark somewhere suggesting that they were swimming around the tip towards the entrance to the Baby Beach Lagoon:

Colson_Snorkel__.jpg

Oranjestad, Aruba (CNN) -- Police on Aruba raised questions about Gary Giordano's finances early in their investigation of the disappearance of his companion, Robyn Gardner, according to an interview transcript obtained by CNN.

Giordano, who is now being held by police on the Dutch Caribbean island, talked with investigators shortly before he was taken into custody on August 5. In the transcript, obtained exclusively by CNN, police asked Giordano about his debts and child-support obligations, business income and the travel insurance policies he purchased for Gardner and himself before they flew to Aruba on July 31.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/08/18/aruba.missing.woman/index.html?section=cnn_latest

I'm starting a new thread, so hold on to your hats.

Salem

Why does NG say that Robyn Gardner is a young person vacationing in Aruba?

Because she wants to sensationalize this case.....compare it to Natalie Holloway (that case was and still is the lifeblood of shows such as NG's)

Because she wants to sensationalize this case.....compare it to Natalie Holloway (that case was and still is the lifeblood of shows such as NG's)

I can't stand the site (or sound) of Nancy Grace, so I rarely watch her. A couple of days ago, I watched her interview someone on this case, can't recall who. I would have bet good money she was drunk. Her voice was slurring and she stumbled on her own words a couple of times. She's despicable.

Due to the severe recession in the country, it's more then likely, not a firing, but a lay - off?

Of course, I don't know either way.

Probably only someone who worked there, or her own family would know.

I'd not trust the old ? b.f. who claims to know everything about her.
He obviously did not. <modsnip>

@ sunset beach : Re:

I haven't a clue, but my wild a -- guess would be no.

<modsnip>.....

Why is the bf a <modsnip>"?

I am hearing two different things (1) live-in boyfriend (2) room mate- which is it?

If NG means Nancy Grace, then I think one has to question a lot of what she is saying in relation to this case. Most obvious is the claim that the couple was snorkeling in Baby Beach where babies swim and where it is impossible to drown. A couple drowned at Baby Beach in 2006.

I think it's rather obvious that Robyn Gardner is a 35 year old divorcee who spent a lot of money on updating her physical appearance and who, as a mature woman, was quite capable of thinking for herself.

Here are a couple of photos that will hopefully help clarify the location where she was last seen.

Location in relation to the Island:

colson__snorkel.jpg

She was allegedly snorkeling in the Nanki Beach area and there was one remark somewhere suggesting that they were swimming around the tip towards the entrance to the Baby Beach Lagoon:

Colson_Snorkel__.jpg

<modsnip>.

BUT authorities have said that the conditions were such that RG's body would definitely have floated back to shore. They are the authorities so would know, right?

Why is the bf a "<modsnip>"?

That's not a fact of course, that is only "imo" or my impression of him.

Isn't he on TV everyday, when (what I read here) is that her parents asked him to stop doing this? Talking about the case with everyone who wants to put his mug out there?

<modsnip>. :twocents:

p.s. does anyone know just how many times he has "appeared" on NG Show <modsnip>? An

I don't know why anyone cares what NG thinks or continues to watch her.

BUT authorities have said that the conditions were such that RG's body would definitely have floated back to shore. They are the authorities so would know, right?

I'm not convinced of that. The currents run west-east, so a body on the southern tip could just as easily drift east as north to shore ... it depends on the tides - haven't been able to find any tide info for that particular day.

I don't know why anyone cares what NG thinks or continues to watch her.

Well....personally, after the Natalie Holloway tragedy, Aruban authorities claiming something to be true means zero to me.

Health care workers don't generally get laid off in a recession. Certainly dentists dont get rid of their receptionists for that reason, because they need to have a receptionist. If she got fired the most likely cause is that her boss didn't want her there anymore for whatever reason.

I doubt that whatever happened there has any relevance to this case anyway.

That's not a fact of course, that is only "imo" or my impression of him.

Isn't he on TV everyday, when (what I read here) is that her parents asked him to stop doing this? Talking about the case with everyone who wants to put his mug out there?

<modsnip>. :twocents:

Thanks...I've never seen him! Guess I'm watching the wrong shows! :waitasec:

I'm not convinced of that. The currents run west-east, so a body on the southern tip could just as easily drift east as north to shore ... it depends on the tides - haven't been able to find any tide info for that particular day.

So you're thinking is that the authorities don't know what they're talking about?
There was a quote, don't have the link but I can look, that they did investigate the conditions from that timeframe and determined she would have come back to shore. Why disbelieve them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500