ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am struggling to find a tactful way to say this...
She knew him for some time and just maybe she took part because she wanted to
They were both adults
Some adults play different than others
We probably will never know

Could be, but keeping in mind what witnesses said about her being woozy right before she disappears, then Giordano saying she took sleeping pills and was drinking vodka, it looks like it could very well have been a drugging and she was under the influence of a date rape drug and alcohol.

Who was that lady? The one next to her was Reece, who posts on the find Robyn page on FB. The other lady was overweight and not from the same social circle that Christina, Reece and Robyn would have IMO.

ETA: In case that isn't clear I am not saying her weight is the only reason I think she is not in the same social circle as Reece, Christina and Robyn. She had a different type of personality as well.

Maybe Lianne (the heavier lady) was a former co-worker or neighbor. Sometimes people make friends this way even if they don't seem to have much in common.

hi All. Has anymore been said since I heard this morning that police have some disturbing pictures taken with GG's camera. Matt Lauer on Today used the words "under duresss" to the attorney he was interviewing but the attorney said he hadn't seen the pics (at least I think he said that) so he couldn't comment. I am curious as to what the surveillance cameras are going to show as well. This may have been the kind of relationship she had with this guy. She obviously liked posing for pics and we never know what goes on behind closed doors at anyone's house. I just hope she's found soon and there is a final arrest in the situation. I don't think Aruba is at the top of mine or my hubby's list of vacation spots.

hi All. Has anymore been said since I heard this morning that police have some disturbing pictures taken with GG's camera. Matt Lauer on Today used the words "under duresss" to the attorney he was interviewing but the attorney said he hadn't seen the pics (at least I think he said that) so he couldn't comment. I am curious as to what the surveillance cameras are going to show as well. This may have been the kind of relationship she had with this guy. She obviously liked posing for pics and we never know what goes on behind closed doors at anyone's house. I just hope she's found soon and there is a final arrest in the situation. I don't think Aruba is at the top of mine or my hubby's list of vacation spots.

Read a few pages back for the links to that article...

I wouldn't count Aruba out as a vacation spot just because of this. You can get murdered on vacation in ANY of our states.

I thought I read that LE said they saw no signs of duress?

Maybe Lianne (the heavier lady) was a former co-worker or neighbor. Sometimes people make friends this way even if they don't seem to have much in common.

Please un-quote me because I did not say that. I don't mind being quoted at all just as long as it's something I said.

Read a few pages back for the links to that article...

I wouldn't count Aruba out as a vacation spot just because of this. You can get murdered on vacation in ANY of our states.

Thanks. Aruba still would not be my choice. Many other beaches without your hinky meter going off every time someone approaches you. LOL!

Well he is being held in prison, interrogated 6 hours a day with no attorney present, the attorney for his case has to be from Aruba, and they are pursuing a conviction as diligently as possible with the resources they have, and the "no body, no crime" thing has been proven with this case to be an urban myth. I'd say that a killer will scratch this island off the list of possible places to kill.

:twocents:

Just a reminder.

WS is a victim-friendly site. Forum rules are linked below.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159

Until we know more, let's keep focusing our sleuthing on GVG and Robyn and where she might be, rather than on her co-workers and what they may look like. And let's please maintain the WS standard of treating other posters with respect even when we disagree.

Where this post lands is random.

Thanks. Aruba still would not be my choice. Many other beaches without your hinky meter going off every time someone approaches you. LOL!

Lots of beautiful beaches right here in the US - we need to keep all the money we can in the US right now.

North/South Carolinas
Florida (my fave Marco Island)
Texas

:)

Just sayin...

She may have been drinking vodka but I don't think she would be taking sleeping pills that early in the evening. It was just another "he said". JMO

She may have been drinking vodka but I don't think she would be taking sleeping pills that early in the evening. It was just another "he said". JMO

Do people take sleeping pills to get "high"? I would think mixed with vodka you would be ready for a NAP not sightseeing or snorkeling....

Well he is being held in prison, interrogated 6 hours a day with no attorney present, the attorney for his case has to be from Aruba, and they are pursuing a conviction as diligently as possible with the resources they have, and the "no body, no crime" thing has been proven with this case to be an urban myth. I'd say that a killer will scratch this island off the list of possible places to kill.

:twocents:

My bolding

It wasn't an urban myth back in '05. That was pretty much all anyone heard, Van der Sloot could tell lie after lie because without Natalee's body there was no case, it came from officials too. And Paul Van der Sloot did say that too.
JMHO

Wonder why he would take her to lunch while she was under the influence of drugs

Wonder why he would take her to lunch while she was under the influence of drugs

Why would he take her to lunch and then snorkeling if she had taken sleeping pills and drank vodka?

Guessing that he wanted her to be seen, possibly slipping in the drugs in her drink while they were out so they would hit her in time for a 'shoot'. He hadn't planned a murder but something went wrong and he lost it.

JMHO

Why would he take her to lunch and then snorkeling if she had taken sleeping pills and drank vodka?

Guessing that he wanted her to be seen, possibly slipping in the drugs in her drink while they were out so they would hit her in time for a 'shoot'. He hadn't planned a murder but something went wrong and he lost it.

JMHO

Where did they eat lunch?

I think I am confused about the timing... lunch, snorkelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads