Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

It's not the media's job to corroborate LE's findings. If this was the notion on the latter's part, the whole search was as unprofessional as the press conference which started it.

I believe differently.

If WVCPD had snuck over the state line and those rumors got out, there'd be a big uproar about "cover-up".

Me thinks he's a bit nervous, reminds me of an arsonist returning to the crime scene. But in this case he's doing it through the media.

Frankly, I'm hoping that today was LE's "least possible" spot, just to watch JP paint himself into a corner.

Ok, sorry if this speculation has been posted already. DH came home and we discussed todays events. He said no way would a judge issue a warrant on a whim and he feels they definitely have evidence to search.

According to the Deseret News mid-day, the information is from one of the earliest warrants issued in the case.

I believe differently.

If WVCPD had snuck over the state line and those rumors got out, there'd be a big uproar about "cover-up".

But the press is not a tool of law enforcement, nor should it ever be. In order to report honestly it cannot take sides. If it actually allows itself to be so used, it serves neither truth nor justice.

So ridiculous as to make one want to barf, to tout that Susan went off with Steven somewhere, perhaps even to Brazil!

Does anyone know if these poor children are also given time with their Maternal Grandparents? :(

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
In case you're wondering, searchers are still up in the mountains outside Ely. No update on what, if anything, they've found. #findsusan
4 minutes ago

Don't investigators sometimes go out of state while looking into cases and tips, without alerting the media and taking them along? Why did this LE feel it was necessary to do it this way?

Okay so this whole thing.. this media circus today.. was for no reason? What were they thinking?

I don't think it was for no reason. Maybe more info will come out as the weekend goes on.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Back out here tomorrow. We'll have more tonight on @fox13now @ 9. #findsusan #Utah
4 minutes ago

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Nothing physical was taken from the mines. Cops just documented them. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
6 minutes ago

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
A dozen mines were searched today. Search warrant info led them to Ely. Josh Powell is uncooperative, cops (cont) tl.gd/cgp69k
7 minutes ago

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Mines have been cleared, they'll be back tomorrow. Pics of mines will be reviewed later. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
11 minutes ago

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Info they were chasing was delayed because of lack of cooperation by Josh Powell, WVCPD says. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
11 minutes ago

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Sgt. Mike Powell says it's been a long, hot day and it was "successful." @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
12 minutes ago

I think they will find her!
I dont think they would take the media along if they were not pretty sure she is there in one of those mines. jmo

Refresh...nuthin'!
...refresh...nope!...refresh...grr!
...refresh...ok, not gonna keep looking!

...refresh

The local news just said presser in Ely says today's search was a success, whatever that means at this point

The local news just said presser in Ely says today's search was a success, whatever that means at this point

I think they found her. I think they have something of hers like clothes or shoes
and went to Josh for identification and he wont cooperate!

Hes going downnnnnnnnnnnnn. JMO

I think they found her. I think they have something of hers like clothes or shoes
and went to Josh for identification and he wont cooperate!

Hes going downnnnnnnnnnnnn. JMO

I hope your right. They have to know more or I don't see why today was a success.

Hasta Manana

May tomorrow bring answers and Peace for Susan and her family.

I sure hope this isn't a game being played by LE without telling her family what is going on. IMO this doesn't sit right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift
Back