ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still following, although have made few posts. As always, sorry if this was said.

First, I must "eat my hat" due to my TOTALLY wrong insistance about RG's "modeling" career...I'll have mine with A-1, if you please...LOL

The insurance stuff...I've insured my TRIP should anything happen...cancelled, etc....I've insured MYSELF, for a SMALL amount, should anything happen to ME....with a FAMILY member as beneficiary.
But, there is NO reason on this earth why GG would take an insurance policy of such a great amount on RG, having HIM as beneficiary....NONE!! WTF was he to do with it??? Give it to her family??? Pay her bills??? Pay for her funeral???
I just KNOW he did this with only himself in mind, AND he thought no one would be the wiser...like her family... AND, IMO, shows predmeditation on his part.....I won't ever change my opinion on that!!!

Now, don't know if we know for sure if GG had his own snorkle equip he brought with him....BUT, IMO, this seems to be, again, IMO, one of the few ways he messed up his story.

The area he picked for their excursion was relatively secluded. He was stupid by using the "snorkle" story....because now there's the barrage of people coming forward about her hair extensions and not getting her hair wet. Had he said they were taking pics for her portfolio for a job he had lined up...pics of her "frolicking" in the water, etc. She went out further, maybe on a surf board for other types of pics....and whatever....panic, undertow, got taken away, etc.
Just because SHE didn't like to get hair wet, doesn't mean someone ELSE didn't "force" her to do so.
The part he DID get right....the "out in the ocean" part. IF and when the body "should" come ashore....there ya go, GG says "see, I WAS telling the truth".

Either she's not with us any more, or this is surely an elaborate insurance scam I've ever seen....not that I've seen many.

Welcome!

You bring up good points, there is something odd. I got to the point of just tuning RF out.

According to CJ, the relationship was not as RF was portraying it to be, so we know at least that much, it's too bad she didn't go further but I can understand if maybe she didn't want to air any dirty laundry as it doesn't do anything to find RG now.

This could also be RF's guilty conscience at work, we just don't know.

I still find it incredibly odd that there is no one in the circle of friends/family on that Island to represent her in some way. I understand the parents are aging and health problems with her father, but she has a brother and this boyfriend.

'Police believe Giordano drove Robyn to a nearby area called Seroe Colorado, and either strangled, beat her or tortured her to death after he dragged her into one of 50 abandoned shacks that used to house workers from a once-bustling oil refinery,' the source added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Gardner-Aruba-murder-suspect-speaks-out.html

This source seems to be on the inside of the investigation

If something happened in one of those shacks, I would think there is some kind of evidence there... something

I may have given you the wrong impression by my post on "alcohol" and Robyn.
Websleuthers are a very responsible group of posters, and any comments made are in the pursuit of answers. The part about Robyn being an alcoholic, struck close to home, and I. went into defense mode. In fact I hesitated in mentioning my alcoholism for fear of sounding "preachy".
The rules make victimology fair game.

Actually I was just trying to make a point about the Dr. Drew interview with RF. It just seemed to me THEY were inferring that Robyn's compromised judgement made her unfortunate outcome a given due to her "alcoholism".
....and that to ME seemed unfair. Again just my opinion coming from my own "place" . So please Sleuth On--promise no more rants from me--God knows I should be the last person to lecture anyone. LOL

.....and OneLostGirl, great name. I was also one of the LOST--at times still am. :crazy:

IMO - I now think that GVG had been telling RG that he was a producer and had connections in the "adult" film industry. He needed "test shots" of her to submit to his partners, etc. That is why there are beyond *advertiser censored* photos of her on the camera, with identifiable features of Aruba because he had already completed one session. He was being the other actor, so, she went along with it thinking it would get her into the business. Maybe some or all of the prior meetings/conversations RG had with him were totally business. And, as we discussed, perhaps some of her possible surgeries were partially financed by him, as he could have termed them an "investment" in talent.

He had no connections, he wanted to play her for as long as he could. And, yes, I believe as I said in the first thread that he told her he was "scouting" secluded areas for more test shots. Only, after the first shoot and before the next, he found out she had contacted RF and knew she was "using" him, didn't really believe his bs anymore and was getting ready to bail, so he had a great sense of urgency.

His next "scouting" site was the area behind the restaurant. He told her he wanted to find a secluded water area; when what he really was looking for from his viewpoint, was an abandoned building. Only, the fishermen messed that idea up.

So, they were on to the next area where he knew there were abandoned buildings near the water. As, from the beginning, I think his motives were mixed. He had many reasons to profit both monetarily and sexually.

I am not positive either but a swimsuit would dry very fast in the heat and wind
It would take much longer for socks and running shoes
I agree, Dushi. I take the dry shorts/wet shoes witness with a grain of salt. I'm a diver/snorkeler myself. My board shorts shed water and dry extremely fast. Minutes, in fact. As for the shoes, depending on my entry point I'll wear either neoprene booties (water entry) or tennis shoes (land/rocky areas/coral) to slip my fins over when I'm in deep enough water. Most fins are designed to accomodate a bootie/shoe with a heel strap. MOO

I keep meaning to ask: Robyn's family ... have they spoken out at all? I haven't heard a single thing about them but I could have missed it in past threads. Did any of her family come to Aruba? Spoken to the media?

IIRC from early media reports, her mother was in Aruba early on and supposedly was okay with the then, ALE response. Sorry, don't have any links. I've not heard anything about the family recently. MOO

IMO - I now think that GVG had been telling RG that he was a producer and had connections in the "adult" film industry. He needed "test shots" of her to submit to his partners, etc. That is why there are beyond *advertiser censored* photos of her on the camera, with identifiable features of Aruba because he had already completed one session. He was being the other actor, so, she went along with it thinking it would get her into the business. Maybe some or all of the prior meetings/conversations RG had with him were totally business. And, as we discussed, perhaps some of her possible surgeries were partially financed by him, as he could have termed them an "investment" in talent.

He had no connections, he wanted to play her for as long as he could. And, yes, I believe as I said in the first thread that he told her he was "scouting" secluded area for more test shots. Only, after the first shoot and before the next, he found out she had contacted RF and knew she was "using" him, didn't really believe his bs anymore and getting ready to bail, so he had a great sense of urgency.

His next "scouting" site was the area behind the restaurant. He told her he wanted to find a secluded water area; when what he really was looking for from his viewpoint, was an abandoned building. Only, the fishermen messed that idea up.

So, they were on to the next area where he knew there were abandoned buildings near the water. As, from the beginning, I think his motives were mixed. He had many reasons to profit both monetarily and sexually.

I am confused

If he had no connections, why would he partially finance surgeries?
An attractive woman, but she was thirty five years old.
If it was a business relationship, there would be two rooms
I firmly believe she knew him well enough to know he was not a producer
IMO, theirs was a romantic relationship

I am confused

If he had no connections, why would he partially finance surgeries?
---------------
It is JMO:

What I am trying to say is this:

He had no legitimate connections in the "adult industry" that would benefit her. I think he used her.

For himself, I'll bet he had plenty of "deals" going on.

A lot of these articles so far are based on hearsay and seem to be the result of media running wild. I'd like to read information that has been released by LE only. It's too confusing as it is and going off some of the fictional details is a waste of time and energy.

Also, isn't GG going to be released very soon?

Also travelers insurance is supposed to be of value when an issue arises on your trip, not for the sole purpose to collect payout on a murder. Right now it appears it's good for nothing. If I purchase 1.5 million worth and end up lost or missing, I'd expect them to do something, not sit around and await my death.

I think they have to release him today if they don't present evidence to allow the court to grant an additional holding period. I'm kind of surprised there is not more coverage or any kind of press release or statement.

Also, one more question before I go to bed. In your own opinions, do any of you find it odd that while RF was describing the two times that police were called on he and RG, that he was quick to point the finger at her. "she" drank too much those nights, "she" got too loud resulting in the police being called. Not that I think that he has anything to do with her disappearance. I just think that he and Robyn weren't in the type of relationship that hed like for us all to believe. Something about him comes across as odd to me.
Does anyone know if he had given her cats, her clothes, etc to her brother before or after he got the news that she was missing. It seems to me that RF and RG had recently broken up before she took the trip to aruba with gg... Maybe thats why CJ seems to have a problem with RF and may be the reason the family originally asked him not to speak about Robyn to the media. Just curious as to what yall think about these things.

Again - my own opinions-
I'll catch up with yall tomorrow to see what you may think.
Goodnight. Peace Love and Happiness to you all!

Bolded by me:

I agree with you, Shoretoshore. I sense something odd about RF and cannot quite put my finger on it. I tend to think that their relationship was not as close as he would like people to believe as well.

Welcome to WS, Shoretoshore!

MOO

'Police believe Giordano drove Robyn to a nearby area called Seroe Colorado, and either strangled, beat her or tortured her to death after he dragged her into one of 50 abandoned shacks that used to house workers from a once-bustling oil refinery,' the source added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Gardner-Aruba-murder-suspect-speaks-out.html

This source seems to be on the inside of the investigation

If something happened in one of those shacks, I would think there is some kind of evidence there... something

Well, they don't have much time... GL to LE.

Does anyone know when GG returned his rental vehicle? Soon after the disappearance or on the day of his planned departure?

I was just reading some comments on another site and it's pretty interesting how people view Forester. They see him as a conman as well and said the entire story doesn't make much sense.
With many of the characters involved lying constantly to those around them regarding their feelings and the situation at hand, I guess it makes sense none of it would make sense! :banghead:

I asked in another thread who recorded her last known pictures. It was mentioned that it was just some random person at the restaurant cause they liked her tattoos. So odd imo that a stranger was taking multiple photographs of them as they were leaving. As if this couldn't get any more bizarre, it continues to surprise me.

I may have given you the wrong impression by my post on "alcohol" and Robyn.
Websleuthers are a very responsible group of posters, and any comments made are in the pursuit of answers. The part about Robyn being an alcoholic, struck close to home, and I. went into defense mode. In fact I hesitated in mentioning my alcoholism for fear of sounding "preachy".
The rules make victimology fair game.

Actually I was just trying to make a point about the Dr. Drew interview with RF. It just seemed to me THEY were inferring that Robyn's compromised judgement made her unfortunate outcome a given due to her "alcoholism".
....and that to ME seemed unfair. Again just my opinion coming from my own "place" . So please Sleuth On--promise no more rants from me--God knows I should be the last person to lecture anyone. LOL

.....and OneLostGirl, great name. I was also one of the LOST--at times still am. :crazy:

No worries- I completely understood where you were coming from.. I'm a recovering drug addict and can get rather preachy myself in some areas of discussion lol- ask anyone here. :crazy:

Your post gave me pause, I haven't stopped thinking about it and have decided it's probably the right thing for me not to discuss whatever possible issues she has anyway because really, like you say- that's not what's gonna find her. I just hope she's found safe and sound. Thank you for your post. :blowkiss:

A couple interesting points from a CNN article on the 22nd of Aug:

"Search teams, including approximately 45 police officers, cadets and Red Cross volunteers, spread out in long lines and walked an area north of the Seroe Colorado lighthouse, just a few miles from Baby Beach and Nanki Point, where Giordano says Gardner disappeared while snorkeling.

Along the way firefighters drove their fire trucks down dirt paths and through thick undergrowth into areas where searchers found old well holes. They lowered themselves down ladders and ropes to search for any sign of Gardner."

"Giordano and Gardner flew to Aruba on July 31. A judge ordered last Monday that Giordano could be held until August 31 in connection with Gardner's disappearance."

I read somewhere else that the date for release is tomorrow, so maybe we have been assuming incorrectly (along with most of the media) that today is the deadline for presenting evidence to extend the holding period.

There was a report that RG was planning on breaking up with Richard. I'm not sure how they would know that, unless maybe it came from one of her friends.

If this is true, I wonder how her friend feels about Robyn's text to RF indicating she'd had a "change of heart"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value